Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!
Yup, and it's likely going to be a oneshot.

By the way things look, it may be you, Covok, and Humbug Schoolbus plus me as GM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I've just learned/realized that Daylight Savings Time has ended in the US, and that means that our schedule has moved one hour later, to 9:00 PM EST. Please let me know if that's going to be an issue for you.

ScaryJen
Jan 27, 2008

Keepin' it classy.
College Slice
It's fine for me.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

gradenko_2000 posted:

I've just learned/realized that Daylight Savings Time has ended in the US, and that means that our schedule has moved one hour later, to 9:00 PM EST. Please let me know if that's going to be an issue for you.

DST has just begun, actually.

As for timing, we'll see. I know that I've played in 8 PM games before, but that's quite late on a worknight even if we account for the sessions being short like 2 hours.

It's likely to be an issue for me, but I don't want my own schedule to drag the rest of you down.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Okay, we can throw it back to 8:00 PM EST so that it doesn't start any later than it used to.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Game tomorrow, folks! See you all at 8:00 PM EST

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Sorry for the short notice, but I just found out that my teacher assigned a research paper due 11:59 PM last week during a class I missed. So, I got to catch-up on that as well as other work due at the same time.

I might not be done in time for the game. Sorry.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Alright, got all my work done and am able to game tonight.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Had some good ol' fun tonight. Nothing like freeing slaves and impersonating Orcus.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

Covok posted:

Had some good ol' fun tonight. Nothing like freeing slaves and impersonating Orcus.

You forgot while being as high as a kite.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Post-session book-keeping

Prior to this adventure:
Oswin was at 4331 / 8000 XP
Laurelai was at 4118 / 5000 XP
Ranner was at 4118 / 5000 XP

You all managed to earn 279 XP (93 XP per character) and 30 GP (10 GP per character) in the preceding session

For this session, you earned:
63 XP from the four guards you had scared off in front of barracks
105 XP from the numerous guards you had killed trying to escape the barracks
49 XP from defeating (in various ways) the four guards guarding the south side of the slave quarters
27 XP from defeating the two guards guarding the north side of the slave quarters

So that comes out to 244 XP total from kills
You also recovered 78 GP from all of these guards

And then I'm awarding 2651 XP as quest XP for completing the adventure

Adding up the previous session's gains, plus this session's, we get a total of:
3174 XP, or 1058 XP per character
108 GP, or 36 GP per character

Oswin has a 10% XP bonus, so he gains 1163 XP, which takes him to 5494 / 8000 XP
Laurelai gains 1058 XP, which takes her to 5176 / 8000 XP. Laurelai is now level 4!
Ranner gains 1058 XP, which takes him to 5176 / 10000 XP. Ranner is now Level 3!

Other notes:

Oswin, you have a sweet stovepipe hat, and you have gained a reputation for being an Emancipator. Mark that down in your sheet and use it when appropriate.

Laurelai, you may mark down in your sheet that you always carry padlocks with you, and are an expert at using them in various ways.
You can also mark off 500 gold from your inventory to pay off Altair's debt, and this expert cook will follow you on your travels for the meantime while we works off his debt.

Ranner, you gain the Smokepuff cantrip.
You also gain the Friends level 1 spell for having heroically placed yourself in harms way for the sake of the escaping slaves.
For your level 2 spell, you may choose between Scare and Strength

The group has also earned the lifelong trust and friendship of Decius

pre:
Decius, level 1 Emancipated Warrior
STR - 11; DEX - 15; CON - 6; INT - 8; WIS - 6; CHA - 7
THAC0 19
AC 7 (leather armor; -1 DEX bonus)
6/6 HP

Leather armor
Mace (1d6 damage)
The last thing I want to mention is that this adventure did not yield much in the manner of loot (and its corresponding XP gain), but that's just the nature of the job.

gradenko_2000 fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Mar 16, 2016

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Forgot to post a 24-hour notice, but we're still on for tonight. See you at 8:00 PM EST.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

I'm going to choose Scare because it's much faster to cast (2 segments instead of 1 turn) and can be a useful debuff/area control spell.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Post-session book-keeping:

During the 2-week break:
Ranner starts a library in Appledale
Oswin studyies the law
Laurelai visits Snarf and Babble, looks for a horticulturist, and plays with Falco

Job offers:
Theoden Ballar is an infernalist worshipping Razzigal, a fire demon deity. There is a bounty for his capture, dead or alive, and also for the infernal tome that he smuggled out of the Elven Archives
The Guild of Thaumaturgy seeks a slab of Unobtainium in order to duplicate the Spiritual Hammer spell via arcane power
The newly established settlement of Freetown wants to get a Bishop or other high-ranking Priest to resanctify the chapel in their new fortress, so that they may worship again

Other notes:
Oswin worships Atomos the Iron Shield, a deity of protection

The group went off to try and pursue Theoden Ballar. So far:

They dispatched two halberd-wielding guards (11 and 13 HP, respectively)
Had to quiet-down two wardogs that were guarding a storeroom
Ranner picks up some brass cutlery
The group finds three parrots locked in another crate. They promise to come back for them
Ran across three cultists in a steam bath, and dispatches all of them (13 and 10 HP for the burlier men, 8 HP for the elven spellcaster)

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

So, is there a game tomorrow (Tuesday the 29th)?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I'm going to have to cancel tomorrow, as I'm getting called in to work early in the morning.

Covok
May 27, 2013

gradenko_2000 posted:

I'm going to have to cancel tomorrow, as I'm getting called in to work early in the morning.

No biggie. We can either call it or we can do Fiasco or a FAE one-shot or something.

FAE is super simple and Fiasco is literally improvisation.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah if you guys want to use the time/roll20 room among yourselves to play something else, feel free.

ScaryJen
Jan 27, 2008

Keepin' it classy.
College Slice
I actually have some work stuff and an appointment on top of that tomorrow as well, so that's kind of good for me too. (I would be suuuuuper tired otherwise.)

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

Well then, if not games, do you want to hit me up on Discord, the Roll20 room, or somewhere to talk about casual stuff?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I should be okay for a game tomorrow.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Hey guys, overwhelmed with homework. Might have to miss tonight as I dig myself out. Replace me with some hirelings if I don't make it.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

I'm game for today.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

I'd probably dump at least 2,000 gp as an investment into my library. But I don't have that much money on me right now. Think of it more as an investment.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Sorry about missing today, guys. I let spring break make my homework pile up and I had to dig myself out. So, how did things go?

ScaryJen
Jan 27, 2008

Keepin' it classy.
College Slice
We did the job, are up some gold and a crate of parrots.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Oswin sacrificed himself valiantly under a hail of arrows while the rest of the made their daring esc-

Just kidding. Laurelai mighty booted a demon back through a portal, Ranner fast-talked his way out of an encounter, and the job was completed. Book-keeping to follow.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

Technically, fast-talked our way with the generous helping of a friends spell.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I'm still up for running a game tonight, but work has been heavy and I still haven't done last week's book-keeping. We can run something else, or keep on truckin' with an IOU for loot, or maybe I can squeeze in some free time before the game.

Either way though, I'll be on at 8 PM EST.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Well, we are getting good at solving our problems in one, well-calculated sweep. I would like to see a little more dungeon crawling in the future, though, if everyone is okay with doing something more like the first session next week.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Sure, I have some ideas for a traditional dungeon crawl.

ScaryJen
Jan 27, 2008

Keepin' it classy.
College Slice
I'm definitely down. I bet the former cultists know where all the happenin' spooky places are.

ScaryJen
Jan 27, 2008

Keepin' it classy.
College Slice
Oh hey, I'm an idiot who double booked themselves for this Tuesday afternoon. I'm really sorry guys, I'll have to skip out of next session. Total brain fart on my part.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
That's okay. I'd like to take a week's break, and then we'll have our next session on the night of the 26th.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

As for myself, I couldn't make today on account of things tying me up, so it seems like this week wasn't good for us. I should be able to make the 26th unless anything major comes up.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
We should be on for a game tomorrow, and here's all the loot you've gained in the last three sessions or so

1. 7 000 copper, equal to 35 GP
2. 5 000 electrum, equal to 2 500 GP
3. Dagger +1, +2 vs. creatures smaller than man-sized: worth 100 XP, 750 GP sale value
4. a magical Iron Flask, which can be used to bottle-up (and later release) extraplanar creatures
5. Ring Mail +1: 400 XP, 2 500 GP sale value. Base AC of 6, and is effectively weightless compared to normal clothing.

As additional bounty for giving up the Infernal Tome, you get:

1. two Potions of Climbing - rules snippet, 300 XP and 500 GP sale value each
2. two Potions of Levitation - rules snippet, 250 XP and 400 GP sale value each
3. one Potion of Flying - rules snippet, 500 XP and 750 GP sale value each
4. one Potion of Gaseous Form - rules snippet, 300 XP and 400 GP sale value each

You gained a total of 3 567 XP from questing and defeating enemies

You earned a total of 8 502 XP and 2535 GP, or 2834 XP and 845 GP each

Oswin has a 10% XP bonus, so he gains 3117 XP, which takes him from 5494 / 8000 XP to 8611 / 18000 XP. Oswin is now level 4!
Laurelai gains 2834 XP, which takes her from 5176 / 10000 XP to 8010 / 10000 XP.
Ranner gains 2834 XP, which takes him from 5176 / 10000 XP to 8010 / 10000 XP.

===

I'd like to note that I struggled quite a bit with doling out XP, so for full disclosure I'm stepping outside the rules and doing this by fiat.

ScaryJen
Jan 27, 2008

Keepin' it classy.
College Slice

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Game on for tonight, folks!

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

I'm game for the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Going to be about 15 mins late, got pulled into last minute babysitting duty

• Locked thread