Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Tatsuya 'Tatsu' Kowareta

D'ya believe in karma? Not the cliche 'what goes around yada yada' crap. Real karma. Like suffering in this life to atone for poo poo your past self did. Well I'm "living" heh, proof that that stuff is 100% genuine. I dunno what past me did to get this shtick, but man it must have been one hell of a sin. I say that cause whatever it was apparently knocked my rear end straight outta the loop, or wheel, or whatever.

Imagine tearing your bike along a road on the edge of town, bit after lunch, then BOOM sky is dark and you're lying in a ditch with a banged up bike. Clothes are torn all to hell, a couple days are just gone, and ya got asphalt all over your skin, but there's not a scratch on ya. Ya chalk the whole thing up to a freak accident and call yourself lucky, ride home and go to bed. Ya get a cool story and a new, better appreciation for the gift of life, right?

Except life don't really seem like life anymore. It's kinda like you're.... uh it's like a fog but not really and uh... poo poo it's kinda like watching someone else's home movies. Ya can tell that everything you're seeing is important and and and special and poo poo, but ya just don't care. At all. No matter how hard ya try it's like you're just stuck there, watching, ooh-ing and ahh-ing when it's appropriate, like a good little audience.

Then one day, on a whim, ya pick a fight. That's not anything unusual, except this time it's with about half the football team. It's complete and utter pandemonium. Pure chaos, brought down into a high school locker room. Oh. Ooohhh, it's like every single description of every single high ever experienced by man, but even better. Ya get your rear end kicked 12 ways from Sunday, but oh man ya could not care less, cause you gotta new goal in this hosed up half-life thing ya got going on.

quote:

The Ghoul
Look: Striking, harsh eyes
Origin: Rejected

Hot -1
Cold 1
Volatile 2
Dark -1

Moves:

The Hunger
You have a Hunger for chaos. When you heedlessly pursue a Hunger, add 1 to rolls. When you ignore a feeding opportunity, roll to hold steady.

Short Rest for the Wicked
When you die, wait it out. Some hours later, you wake up fully healed.

Disaffected
When you turn someone on, roll with cold.

Sex Move
When you have sex with someone, add “having sex with [this person]” as an additional Hunger. If you already have this Hunger, mark experience

Darkest Self
You will maim, kill and destroy anything in between you and the nearest object of your hunger. You will feed relentlessly. You escape your Darkest Self when someone restrains you or fends you off for long enough for you to regain your composure – at least thirty or forty minutes.

Backstory
Someone reminded you what love was, when you thought that death had stolen it away from you forever. Give them 2 Strings.

Did anyone watch you die, or watch you come back to life? If so, you both gain 2 Strings on each other.

1. Something about the school or town. It can be fairly big or a minor detail.
Most of the windows in the school are locked down tight. Now ya didn't hear this from me, but the room on the 2nd floor that used to have the metal shop has a window near the back that ya can pop open if ya jiggle it just right. Got a nice sturdy tree right outside it too.

2. An NPC in homeroom your character knows.
Thomas, not Tom, not Tommy, Thomas, sits in front of me. Decent guy, 'bout the only person around I can talk bikes with. Kinda weird that a straight laced, good grades guy like him would talk to me, but hey, more power to the guy.

3. Something odd about the town that only you know.
I got real bored during detention once, and started looking through all the really old yearbooks in the library, I swear that the principal is the same one. Some years there's a beard or a mustache, and the names were different, but his face was always the same.

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Feb 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Bit of a warning for the second one. It's got some suicidal tones.

Heliotrope posted:

Has anyone noticed how you've changed since the accident?
Some people have, yeah. Would be kinda hard not to y'know? I was never super big on 'friends' in the traditional sense, always preferred a group of loose acquaintances. But anyway, most of them have kinda kept their distance since it happened, Elliot eventually told me that it's 'cause I was uhh... how'd she put it again? Ah, yeah, "You're either a wet blanket or you're way too intense. Take some time to sort your head out." Eh, gently caress 'em. They're never gonna get it anyway.

Heliotrope posted:

How often do you give in to your urge to cause chaos? What's the worst thing you've done to satisfy it?
Hoooo man. Straight to it huh? Well alright. I try to treat it sorta like my cigs, yeah I'm definitely addicted, but I can control myself for the most part y'know? I try to keep it to once or twice a week, I don't always stick to that, but I try. It works out for me, kinda. I say kinda 'cause well, the whole thing is... well it's just plain mean. Now I know that sounds a bit crazy, but hear me out. This whole thing, from what I've figured out, works a bit like the hard stuff. Yeah, I can get a few minutes of life if I do little simple poo poo, hiding peoples stuff or whatever, y'know prank type stuff. But if I want a bigger hit, an hour or three, I need to do more than that, like a big crazy fight or setting off the sprinklers during lunch.

I only got a real big hit, days of the old normal, once. Now I never told anyone about the accident, given my reputation everyone sorta assumed that I'd just run off to the woods for a few days and I rolled with it. But a lot of people know about the second time. Yeah, I pulled a repeat. At the time everything was all wrong y'know? Just the whole situation hosed my head up something bad. I was out there, just riding that same stretch of road up and down, trying to make sense of why I was alive, why that fight made me feel normal and why that felt so drat good, when I saw it coming down the road. Big rig, one of those real old flatnose ones, the classic image.

....I faked like I was skidding out on some gravel. That truck hit my back end and sent me flying and that's the last I knew. Then someone punched me in the chest. When I could actually see again (apparently it takes a bit for your eyes to start working again, who knew?) one of the paramedics told me they hadn't been able to find any signs of life. I'd been gone for hours. Hell I've still got the little card in my wallet that has my time of death on it. Told me it was a freak miracle. Yeah right. Trucker had jackknifed it after I hit him so there were people hurt, some of them bad.

The part that sticks with me even now, is that 3 didn't make it. Can ya guess how long that "high" lasted?

Heliotrope posted:

Do you care how pursuing this high can come off to other people, or are you fine being thought of as "weird" or "crazy"?
Screw 'em for the most part. I always had a a rep as the local rebel, so weird and crazy isn't much of a change. I'm sure there's someone who's opinion about my little chase will matter to me, but hey I'll deal with that when it comes over the horizon.

Heliotrope posted:

Are you religious? What do you think about the fact that you didn't die but came back changed so much?
Would it surprise ya if I said yes? Like I said back at the start of this, karma. My family does the Buddhist thing, one of our holdovers from when we roamed the land as samurai. It wasn't like the stories I hear at school where they got forced to church on Sunday, it was just kinda there y'know? I just kinda took to it I guess. Yeah I was a rebel and got into fights and such, but I still tried, try, to be a better person in this life. I'm vegetarian, this jacket isn't even real leather, it's some fake stuff mixed with kevlar or something, I don't pick on the nerdy kids, and I pick my fights with people that are looking for one, that sorta thing.

Now I don't know what the gently caress. Am I cursed? Was I some horrible monster in a previous life, and somehow this is gonna make up for that? Is this enlightenment? I'm pretty drat sure it's not, but there's always that little doubt in the back of my mind.

Heliotrope posted:

What do your parents think of you?
Honestly? I'm not sure if they can even express a negative emotion stronger than disappointment. They've always tried to support me in what I wanted, even though they don't always approve. Now that doesn't mean I don't get punished mind ya, just that nothing they do is arbitrary, heh heh Thomas would be proud to see me usin' that right. They're good parents, even if we don't get to do much together. They both work a lot, Dad's some kind of businessman, and Mom does... something at the hospital. Pills I think.

I don't think I can ever tell them about my whole thing I've got going now. Only time I've ever seen Mom cry is after that stuff I talked about earlier. She never cries, Dad's always been the sappy one, cried tears of joy over some really good bread once if you can believe it. If they ever found out just what's happened to their boy, I think... I think it'd kill 'em.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

quote:

Someone reminded you what love was, when you thought that death had stolen it away from you forever. Give them 2 Strings.
Not many people come lookin' for me these days, for obvious reasons. So ya can imagine how weird it was to have Sophie from homeroom trying to find me. Needed to get into school after hours to do... something. I wasn't really payin' attention. Anyway, no real big deal, even though she sure made it seem like one, thanks to the old metal shop. Had to help her up the tree and through the window, she's not the best climber apparently. Once we were in I told her to go do her whatever and that I'd wait there to help her get down, since there was no way in hell she could do it on her own. Then I settled in under one of the tables to wait.

I still dunno what she was up to but I gotta assume it was a doozy since it took forever and a day. Lotta time to think. Even today I still try to avoid thinkin' about my thing too much, doesn't really do much good y'know? Well eventually I got tired of running the usual thought lines and went somewhere new. Like how I'd never took Sophie for a prankster, how I'd never taken her for anything really now that I thought about it. How that was a bit of a shame, since she was actually pretty funny, with a wicked imagination, talkin' about the feds huntin' monsters and magic and stuff.
Not hard on the eyes either, shallow as that sounds.

Now right when I was thinkin' that it was a shame Old Tatsu never noticed her when that little voice that ya have said, "Well why doesn't this Tastu do something?" So I told myself, 'Self, y'know why, don't be more of an idiot than usual.' "Well have ya even thought about it?" 'Why bother? Everything sucks unless I make some crazy.' "Stopped fighting already? Weak." Now that was just uncalled for. I was not gonna get insulted by my own monologue. Then Sophie came back and we had to scram so that whole train of thought got shelved. Once I got home I actually considered it a bit, and after a few days, I figured out that, yeah there was definitely something there. It's no hit of normal, but its more emotion than anything else. Leave it to me to find a way to make this even more complicated.

quote:

Did anyone watch you die, or watch you come back to life? If so, you both gain 2 Strings on each other.
Mia nabbed it.

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Feb 19, 2016

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

pre:
[] [Ginny] [] [Thomas] []
[] [] [] [Tatsu] [Spider]
[] [Sam] [] [] [Elliot]
Tatsu takes a middle seat, since any good delinquent knows that the back row gets just as much attention as the front. Thomas, being a clean cut type, sits in the front.

Elliot, one of Tatsu's (former... ish? Maybe? It's complicated.) loose circle of friends. Was always something of a voice of reason to the group, sort of a mother hen almost. Really into her art.

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Feb 20, 2016

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Why ya gotta be so cold, Ginny?

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Gato I figure that at some point during all of that Sophie and Tatsu would have swapped numbers, I just forgot to explicitly say it.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

I'd also be fine with a time skip.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

So, like I worked out with Helio I'm taking the Queen's Clique in place of the Ghouls usual gang.

I'm gonna go with them being talented, in their own areas. Elliot does art, Tess does soccer, and Thomas does... something I'll think of eventually.

Demands: The want Tatsu to be their for them and to let them be their for him.

Trigger: They go off when they feel one of the gang is being threatened, physically or socially.

Lemme know if that's all good to go and junk. I probably hosed something or other up. Once I get the official sign off I'll add it to my sheet in the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Ok, PC issues sorted out...ish. Gonna try and post where I'm due over the course of this week, in between piecing my internet life back together from scratch.

• Locked thread