Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.

Brianna Antinea

"So be it." Brianna draws her sword, her facial expression like stone, eyes fixed on Petrine. "Sergeant Lumm, I am Brianna Antinea and I believe that this man has betrayed several of your fellow soldiers. I stand with you."

Initiative: 1d20+2 15
Skilled Intercept: 1d20 9

pre:
Brianna Antinea
Stats		Powers			Maneuvers
HP 50/50 	{ }[ ][ ][ ] Smite	Deadly Assault (Even hit)
AC 23		{ } Bash Daze	 	Bash! (Odd roll or any hit /w shield)
PD 15		{ } Bastion		Defensive Fighting (Odd roll or 16+ /w shield)
MD 17		{ } Surprising		Taunt (Odd roll)
Re 8/10 3d10+2	[ ] Inspire (16+)			 

Peridian Officer's Sword and Shield +7 vs. AC — 3d8+4 Damage
Claymore +6 vs. AC — 3d10+3 Damage

Passive Effects
Threatening: When an enemy attempts to disengage from me they take -2 to the check.
Counter-Attack: Once per round, when an enemy misses me with a natural odd melee attack roll,
		make a basic melee attack against that enemy as a free action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!

Jormund Fire-Stone / Magnus Magnusson XXXI

Initiative: 1d20+7 26

Jormund is already practically screaming as he charges forward!

"A beast of the Mongol Lord! Assassins! Allies, rally! For the Uncrowned Prince!"

Jormund starts to sing a loud dwarven chant, and, without himself quite realizing it, empowers it with magic, filling himself and his companions with a newfound vigor!

Activating SONG OF HEROES as a quick action; everyone gains +1 attack bonus

Magnus Attack, Damage; Jormund Attack, Damage: 1d20+8 23 2d6 12 1d20+8 18 3d8+4 18

Jormund and Magnus both leap into action! While Jormund begins to keep the monster at bay, not yet doing damage but refusing to grant quarter, Magnus slips behind it and tries to leap atop it, beating down with his fists for all he's worth!

I miss, Magnus does 12 damage to Feathers

pre:
Jormund Fire-stone 	 	 	 	Magnus Magnusson
HP: 45/45   	 	 	 	 	 HP: 33/36
Recoveries: 7/8 (3d6+2)
AC 19, PD 16, MD 13 	 	 	 	 AC 18, PD 16, MD 12

Basic Attack 	 	 	 	  	Basic Attack
 +7 vs AC, 3d8+4 	 	 	 	 +7 vs AC, 2d6	 	

Daily/Recharge 	 	 	 	 	Battle Cries
 [ ] Acid Arrow  1	 	 	 	 Pull it Together 1 (11+)
 [X] Sound Burst  1	 	 	 	 Stay Strong 1 (16+)
 [ ] Charm Person 1 	 	 	 	 We Need You 1 (even hit)
 [X] Song of Heroes 1 (re 11+)
 [ ][ ] Animal Companion Spells           

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

Maeve of the Stormlash

"You heard him! Strike down that thing lest we find out what it can do!" Maeve calls forth the power to bind her clansmen to bones, but finds no suitable bodies for such a thing. Momentarily unsure what to do, she falls back to old habits and pushes her power further, simply to see if it works. For a moment her exertion brings nothing, but like a dam bursting suddenly the power flows out, the glow from her chest suddenly intensifying, becoming like a spotlight as it forces the incorporeal forms of two of the Stormlash into strange, ghostly golden humanoid forms. The two look to each other, and raise their arms and let out a triumphant war cry as Redmund places Firgud on a raised mound and joins his kin as the three move in front of the group, weapons and golden fists raised.

Initiative: 2d20k1+4 20 Maeve's going so, if it ain't broke...
Move, Quick, Standard: Use Cackling Soliloquist with Summon Undead I!
-Cackling Summon Undead I: 1d3+1 2 I lied it's broke.
--Cackling THP: 1d6+5 9 Maeve gets 9 THP.
Side benefit, uh? Maybe since there's no corpses nearby Maeve power shines through literally, which blinds the familiar for a turn? I kinda want something that futzes with the familiar/wizard.
Skeleton Crew
Moving forward just to be between the party and the baddies, gonna intercept stuff.

pre:
Maeve of Stormlash
HP: 40/40   THP (9)   Lay On Hands: 2/2  Recoveries: 8/8 (3d8+1)   Initiative: +4
AC 20     PD 15     MD 17
Two Handed Mace (MBA): 1d20+6+ED; 3d8+3, 3 Miss
Shortbow (RBA): 1d20+4+ED; 3d6+1

Encounter			Daily/Recharge
[ ]Savage Lash                  [ ][ ]Savage Lash Daily
[ ]Command Undead I             [ ][ ]Lay On Hands
[ ]Armored In Life              [-]Summon Undead I (18+)
                                [ ]Zombie Form I
				[-]Terror I (18+)
				[ ]Unholy Blast I
Skeletal Minion
HP 22/22 AC 19 PD 17 MD 13
Melee Basic Attack: +9+ED vs AC - 1d12 damage
Crumbling Skeleton (Mooks)
HP A:6/6 B:6/6 AC 16 PD 14 MD 10
Melee Basic Attack: +6 vs AC - 3 damage

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost

Firgud Rigiron

"Damnit, we've been made!" Shouts Firgud. He tries to find out what's happening on the other side, but there's too much going on. Firgud misses Jormund's quick assault, and doesn't have time to say anything.
"Bah, I hate being separated like this. I might just reposition here."

Initiative: 1d20+2 7

And... Jormund, Try Again!: 1d20+8 16 miss!

pre:
Firgud Rigiron
Stats			Recharge
HP 40/40 (00)		[ ]Battle Captain
AC 17			[x]Scramble (16+)
PD 12			[x]BTS (11+)	
MD 18		
Recoveries 8/8 (3d8+1)		Command Points: 2
Melee: 1d20+2+ED; 3d6-1		Init: +2

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
-Camp Group- (Note: encounter has been adjusted somewhat to compensate for Lucius dropping out.)

Lumm draws his sword and nods, his soldiers following suite. "Oh, I know who you are, but let's cut the chatter for now." One of the assassins charges forward, a slender blade in hand as he bears down on the sergeant, but Lumm deflects the blow and delivers one of his own!

Deserter Assassin: Poisoned Blade @ Sgt Lumm: 1d20+9 13 Miss
Sergeant Lumm: Longsword +10 @ Deserter Assassin vs AC: 1d20+10 25 Assassin Mook Group takes 14 damage.

Petrine attempts to dodge around his assassins to get a shot off on Brianna, but both his attempt and his shot fail to accomplish much. "You really need to start pulling your drat weight, snake," he mutters at the hooded figure, who makes an angry-sounding snarl in response.

Ex-Corporal Petrine: Stealthy Maneuver @ Brianna vs MD: 1d20+7 10 Fail
Ex-Corporal Petrine: Flaming Arrow @ Brianna vs AC: 1d20+7 13 Miss

Brianna catches a glimpse of pointed nails as the hooded figure waves its hands, its eyes glowing in the same way they did before. This time, however, the target is not Brianna, but one of Lumm's men! The soldier, evidently made of weaker stuff, stiffens, his eyes going wide as he clutches his sword. "My soul and body serve the Master above all else," the soldier drones, dashing stiffly to the side of the mysterious hooded figure.

Hypnotized: The hooded figure can inflict this condition with its ranged attack. Hypnotized targets can't attack the figure, but they can be convinced (a DC 15 skill check) to attack the figure's allies. They won't attack their real allies, but will intercept attacks for the hooded figure.

Brianna is up, followed by War-Wizard Draukney, the War Hound, and the remaining Assassin.

-Forest Group-

Jormund and Magnus together manage to pin down the flighty familiar and deliver a punishing blow! Fizzlefeathers tries to flap away, but to no avail. However, in its frantic efforts it does manage to deliver several scratches to Jormund's loyal dwarfservant!

Fizzlefeathers: Disengage: 1d20-1 10 Fail
Fizzlefeathers: Squawking Claws @ Magnus vs AC: 1d20+7 19 5 damage.
Maeve's radiant magic: Fizzlefeathers loses its next move action!

A masked assassin takes advantage of Lilith's slow reactions to hit her with a shot from his crossbow! Another tries the same thing against one of the skeletons.
Deserter Assassin: Poisoned Crossbow @ Lilith vs AC: 1d20+9 17 6 damage and 2 ongoing poison damage.
Deserter Assassin: Poisoned Crossbow @ Skeleton vs AC: 1d20+9 13 Miss

Firgud and Lilith are up, followed by 2 Deserter Assassins and the War Hound.

It costs two move actions to go from the Forest to the Camp, and vice versa. Or, if you succeed on a DC 15 skill check and explain how you do it, you can make the trip in one move action.

quote:

Ex-Corporal Laurence Petrine
HP: 50 | AC: 15 | PD: 14 | MD: 10
Unpredictable: Petrine gains a +5 bonus to disengage checks, and when he successfully disengages, one of the enemies engaged with him takes 1d6 damage.
Opportunistic Shot: When Petrine is not engaged, all enemies within his sight take 3 damage every time they make a move action.

War Wizard Draukney "The Mad"
HP: 74 | AC: 16 | PD: 11 | MD: 15
Familiar Connection: Draukney can teleport to Fizzlefeathers' location as a move action. If Fizzlefeathers is slain, Draukney takes 5d6 damage from magical feedback.

Hooded Figure
HP: 45 | AC: 19 | PD: 17 | MD: 13

Deserter Assassins (Camp Group HP: 36/50, Forest Group HP: 100)
HP: 25 (mook) | AC:17 | PD:16 | MD:11

Peridian War Hound
HP: 36 | AC: 17 | PD: 12 | MD: 11
Hound’s Harry: When a War Hound moves to engage an enemy it wasn’t engaged with at the start of its turn, that enemy takes 1d6 damage. When an enemy tries to disengage from a War Hound and fails, it takes 1d6 damage.

Fizzlefeathers (loses its next move action)
HP: 25/40 | AC: 20 | PD: 13 | MD: 16
Aura of Insanity: Whenever a creature attacks Fizzlefeathers and rolls a natural 1-5, that creature takes 1d10 psychic damage.
Familiar Connection: If Draukney dies, Fizzlefeathers is immediately reduced to 0 HP and explodes in a burst of wild magic and black feathers. Enemies engaged with Fizzlefeathers at the time take 3d6 damage.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost

Firgud Rigiron

Firgud does a quick headcount. Brianna probably needs backup.
"Jormund, keep everyone upright here, I'm taking a trip. Maeve! Shotput, over the building!"
Firgud rolls up and gets ready to be thrown. It won't be the first time and he doubts it will be the last. Unfortunately, he doesn't have quite the trajectory he hoped. He rebounds off the side and lands in the grass halfway.

"Pfah," the dwarf spits out a clod of grass and dirt. "Good effort, Maeve. I think I'll just wait here a second..."

Toss me! Con + Decapitated Head: 1d20+5 9 fails :sad:
Weigh the Odds: 1d4 1 :argh:

With one CP its a bit moot, but stuck in battlefield limbo is there anyone I can technically command?

pre:
Firgud Rigiron
Stats			Recharge
HP 40/40 (00)		[ ]Battle Captain
PD 12			[x]BTS (11+)	
MD 18		
Recoveries 8/8 (3d8+1)		Command Points: 1

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Brianna Antinea

Brianna leaps into the fray, calling on the gods to help her seek justice. Her words are answered and her blade strikes true, felling the foe that was locked in combat with Sergeant Lumm in one strike.

"Don't be a fool, fight it! Your enemies are the ones behind you." She barks at the nearby soldier that was put under the hooded figure's spell.

Move to engage Deserter Assassin, take 3 damage from Petrine's Opportunistic Shot
Smite Deserter Assassins: 1d20+7+4 17 vs AC, hit! 3d8+4+1d12 31 Damage.
Snap out of it! (Repentant Knight + Cha): 1d20+5+3+3 16 To order the hypnotized soldier to attack the figure's allies.

Skilled Intercept: 1d20+1 5 No skilled intercept for me next round either.
I will intercept anyone trying to go past me or attack Lumm according to the normal intercept rules.

pre:
Brianna Antinea
HP 47/50 	{X}[ ][ ][ ] Smite	Deadly Assault (Even hit)

Passive Effects
Threatening: When an enemy attempts to disengage from me they take -2 to the check.
Counter-Attack: Once per round, when an enemy misses me with a natural odd melee attack roll,

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lilith Avorena

Lilith was hurt, and from the sudden weakness she felt, she was guessing the deserters' crossbow bolts had some sort of poison or enchantment applied to them. Forcing her head clear, she leveraged her spellpower against the War Hound. An animal's mind probably wasn't capable of understanding the higher order of Lilith's magic, but they could certainly respond to the negative incentives she offered.

Voidmote (Warhound): 1d20 20 - Hits
Voidmote (Warhound): 2d3 3 - Hound takes all 3 damage due to crit.
Save vs. Ongoing: 1d20 17 - Lilith is cleared of ongoing (I assume)

pre:
Lilith Avorena
HP: 27/40   Recoveries: 8/8 (3d6+2)   Initiative: +3
AC 15     PD 13     MD 18
Voidmote: autohit (roll for crit/crit miss); 2d3, Weaken on even
Crescendo: 1d20+7+ED; 4d6, 3 miss, pop free on hit, multitarget with penalty

Daily/Recharge
[ ]Shield (Recharge 11+)                  
[ ]Force Salvo         
[ ]Lightning Bolt
[ ]Confusion
[ ][ ]Utility Spell             

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Firgud: The two move actions don't have to be consecutive, you can still command everyone in the Forest Group until you reach the Camp on your next turn.

-Camp Group-

Sergeant Lumm breaks the Assassin's guard with his blow, opening the assailant up for Brianna to unleash her divine fury! Light pours from the Assassin's eyes as Brianna's sword shears through his chest and cuts the man in twain, but War-Wizard accompanying Petrine is quick to return fire. The way he works his magic is nothing like what Lilith does- where her spells are clean and orderly, the old man's is a hodgepodge of light and sound. The fireball he sends blasting at Brianna and Lumm rapidly changes colors and even blinks out of existence for a split second before exploding around them and engulfing them in arcane fire!

Draukney: Off-Kilter Fireball @ Brianna vs PD: 1d20+10 27 10 fire damage.
Natural Odd Hit: Brianna is also Confused (easy save ends, 6+)
Sgt. Lumm takes the damage and is also Confused.

"I- I'm surrounded!" Draukney shouts, his wild eyes darting around the camp as he sees through his familiar's ever-shifting vision. "Those wretched toads with their horrible, bulbous eyes!! I'll show them!!!" With a wave of his gnarled hand, the wizard vanishes.

Brianna's words manage to shake some sense into the hypnotized archer. The hooded figure hisses out a warning to Petrine as the Archer raises his bow, but the warning comes too late and the Ex-Corporal cries out as an arrow pierces his leg. Petrine takes 7 damage!

The remaining Assassin spits as he raises his crossbow and sends a bolt tearing through the neck of the hypnotized archer. The hooded figure makes a frustrated noise as its thrall falls dead and gestures angrily at Petrine, who's too occupied with nursing his injured leg to notice.

Though still reeling from the wizard's unusual fireball, Brianna is able to mostly fend off the bites of the barking war hound, though her armor can't prevent all the damage.
War Hound: Hound's Harry: 1d6 2
War Hound: Savage Bite @ Brianna vs AC: 1d20+7 22 Miss: 4 damage.

Sgt. Lumm is up next, along with his two remaining Archers and Creighton (who's ready to provide moral support). They're followed by Petrine and the Hooded Figure.

-Forest Group-

As Maeve sends Firgud flying camp-wise, Redmund does an excellent job of keeping the snarling hound occupied. Maybe it's the bones.
War Hound: Hound's Harry: 1d6 5
War Hound: Savage Bite @ Stormlash Skeleton vs AC: 1d20+7 17 Miss: 4 damage.

The semi-incorporeal spirit-skeletons, however, fare worse against the swung blade of an advancing Assassin. One's war-cry is cut short as the masked man shears through its neck with his sabre.
Deserter Assassin: Poisoned Blade @ Crumbling Skeleton: 1d20+9 28 6 damage.

As Firgud leaves Maeve's hand, a crossbow bolt slices through the air where the dwarf's disembodied head used to be just a split-second ago. The Assassin frowns and reloads his crossbow.
Deserter Assassin: Poisoned Crossbow @ Maeve vs AC: 1d20+9 13 Miss

"Release me from your unearthly grasp! I will not be a pawn in your vile machinations!!" Draukney shouts, spittle flying from his lips as he appears in a swirl of magic. He points his finger accusingly at Jormund and Magnus, his eyes rolling as he rants and raves at them. "You wretched, slimy beasts can't keep me imprisoned forever! My soul belongs to me and me alone!!!"

Maeve, and Jormund and Magnus are up, followed by Fizzlefeathers and two Assassins.

quote:

HP: 43/50 | AC: 15 | PD: 14 | MD: 10
Unpredictable: Petrine gains a +5 bonus to disengage checks, and when he successfully disengages, one of the enemies engaged with him takes 1d6 damage.
Opportunistic Shot: When Petrine is not engaged, all enemies within his sight take 3 damage every time they make a move action.

Familiar Connection: Draukney can teleport to Fizzlefeathers' location as a move action. If Fizzlefeathers is slain, Draukney takes 5d6 damage from magical feedback.

Hooded Figure

Deserter Assassins (Camp Group HP: 5/50, Forest Group HP: 100)

Peridian War Hound (Forest Group HP: 33/36)
Hound’s Harry: When a War Hound moves to engage an enemy it wasn’t engaged with at the start of its turn, that enemy takes 1d6 damage. When an enemy tries to disengage from a War Hound and fails, it takes 1d6 damage.

HP: 25/40 | AC: 20 | PD: 13 | MD: 16
Aura of Insanity: Whenever a creature attacks Fizzlefeathers and rolls a natural 1-5, that creature takes 1d10 psychic damage.
Familiar Connection: If Draukney dies, Fizzlefeathers is immediately reduced to 0 HP and explodes in a burst of wild magic and black feathers. Enemies engaged with Fizzlefeathers at the time take 3d6 damage.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

Maeve of the Stormlash

Maeve rushes forward to join the fray alongside Magnus and Jormund against the feathered-menace, and with a whoop she swings her mace wide. The griffling's many eyes allow it to dodge most of the blow but enough connects to leave a lasting impression. Unfortunately her kinsman's swing at the same feathered fiend was fouled by it's movements.

Redmund, facing a trained war hound as the second most appealing treat, hesitates a moment before lunging at the dog and going to grab it around the neck to keep it from pulling him to pieces, however the lack of strength and poor leverage leads to a rough petting of the dog instead to the inaudible laughter and jeers from the spectral crowd.

Did the ED increase or am I just missing it in the post? I'll assume not until I miss by 1.
Move: Engage Featherface
Standard: Use Savage Lash on Featherface
-Savage Lash vs AC (@Featherduster): 1d20+10 13 3d8+1d12+3 20 That's 10 miss damage barring a calm head intervening.
Minor: Grant summons use of the ED.
Skeleton Crew
Unengaged Skelemook engages Feathers and attacks it, Minion attacks the dog.
-Time for a rough an' tumble!: 1d20+9 15 1d12 8 1d20+6 17 Both miss.

pre:
Maeve of Stormlash
HP: 40/40   THP (9)   Lay On Hands: 2/2  Recoveries: 8/8 (3d8+1)   Initiative: +4

[-]Savage Lash                  [ ][ ]Savage Lash Daily
                                [ ]Zombie Form I
				[-]Terror I (18+)
				[ ]Unholy Blast I
				[ ]Spectral Armor (16+)
Skeletal Minion
HP A:0/6 B:6/6 AC 16 PD 14 MD 10

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

Sustain (11+): 1d20 20
I sustain the gently caress out of this song! All my forest allies keep their +1 bonus!

"Magnus! Let us finish the bird off!"

Magnus Attack, Damage; Jormund Attack, Damage: 1d20+9 16 2d6 7 1d20+9 28 3d8+4 12
12 damage to the bird!

Jormund delivers a blow to the side of the mutated beast's head; the shock of him actually being useful is enough to throw Magnus off his rhythm, causing him to miss his own attack!

"Lilith! You're a dwarf, are you not? You've no time to bleed! Ignore the arrow and be as stone - you'll have the luxury of pain when we've defeated them!"

Somehow, Jormund's words - either though actual encouragement or through the strange thread of magic that seems to wind it's way through most of what he does, actually has an effect, allowing Lilith to focus past the pain and concentrate on this fight!

Lilith can either gain +2 AC, or heal with a recovery - her call on which will help her more right now.

pre:
HP: 45/45   	 	 	 	 	 HP: 28/36

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Brianna Antinea

Brianna's head is ringing and colored spots dance across her vision but as the war dog attempts to maul her she instinctively delivers a swift kick with her heavy boots forcing the hound back whimpering.

Counter-Attack War Hound: 1d20+7 19 vs AC, hit! 3d8+4 22 damage.
pre:
Brianna Antinea
HP 31/50 	{X}[ ][ ][ ] Smite	Deadly Assault (Even hit)

Passive Effects

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Escalation Die is 1, yes. Sorry, it slipped my mind.

-Camp Group-

His men cry out as Sgt. Lumm reels and swings wildly at Brianna, though his attacks are a bit too reckless and he can't land a hit.
Sgt Lumm: Longsword @ Brianna vs AC: 1d20+10 14 Miss.
Sgt. Lumm doesn't shake off the confusion.

The deserters' despair grows when the hooded figure casts that insidious spell on their sergeant, bringing the man to the creature's side.
Hooded Figure: Hypnotic Gaze @ Sgt. Lumm vs MD: 1d20+8 25

Drawing their bows, the archers take aim and fire on the injured assassin. One shot goes wide, but the other hits the assassin dead on, repaying the death of their companion.
Deserter Archer: Arrow Attacks (Deserter Assassin): 1d20+6 14 1d20+6 24 Assassin is killed.

Seeing an opening, Petrine draws his saber and advances on Brianna. "No more running," he growls. Brianna can deflect the brunt of his attack, but takes a few scratches in the process.
Ex-Corporal Petrine: Stealthy Maneuver @ Brianna vs MD: 1d20+7 23 Hit. Brianna takes 1d12 extra damage from Petrine's next attack.
Ex-Corporal Petrine: Peridian Saber @ Brianna vs AC (Stealthy Damage): 1d20+6 20 1d12 2 Miss, deals 2 damage anyway.

"Brianna, you don't need to worry! That's not my brother or my dog! Remember? And Sergeant, you thumbed your nose at the High King and THIS is what brings you down? You're stronger than this, I know it!" Creighton Loches shouts some encouraging words! Brianna and Sgt. Lumm get a +2 bonus to their next saves.

Brianna and Firgud are next, followed by the War Hound (provided it's still alive). Firgud can make it to the camp with his next move action.

-Forest Group-

Bloodied and injured, the griffling accomplishes little with its claw strikes, much to the increasing dismay of its owner.
Fizzlefeathers: Squawking Claws @ Jormund vs AC: 1d20+7 9 Miss.

Maeve manages to avoid the black crossbow bolt that one of the assassins sends her way, but Jormund is not so lucky.
Deserter Assassin: Poisoned Crossbow (Maeve, Jormund): 1d20+9 16 1d20+9 19 Miss; Hit: Jormund takes 6 damage and 2 ongoing poison damage.

Lilith is up, followed by Draukney, 2 Assassins, and the War Hound.

quote:

Hooded Figure

Deserter Assassins (Camp Group HP: 0/50, Forest Group HP: 100)

Peridian War Hound (Forest Group HP: 33/36) (Camp Group HP: 14/36)

HP: 3/40 | AC: 20 | PD: 13 | MD: 16

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lilith Avorena

With her keen arcane senses, Lilith was aware of Draukney before he even appeared, and as he materialized, she had a spell ready for him. The two wizards' magics seemed diametrically opposed, but Lilth was pragmatic above all else. As Lilith chanted in arcane tongues, a simple triangle composed of light started shining behind her, framing her like a halo. "I call Order in equal measure to meet your Chaos." Draukney crackled with arcane sparks as their respective power reacted with one another, but the effect was seemingly purely visual, and the mad wizard was unharmed.

But even as the sparks flew, the triangular aura behind Lilith began filling in, drawing lines of power in a complex mandala whose design seemed influenced by both chaotic and orderly magic, combining together in a beautiful pattern that held elements of both. Lilith gestured, and the mandala brightened, catching Draukney's attention. "Thesis, antithesis, synthesis! See how opposition reveals truth; behold Hegel's Rational Triad and strike the madness from your eyes!."

Confusion vs. Draukney (Attack Roll vs. MD): 1d20+1+7 24 - Draukney is confused (save ends). Also, it's cast using an additional quick action, so there's some minor bonus effect.
Taking an average recovery from Jormund (assuming taking the average is okay in battle) to heal 13 HP.

pre:
Lilith Avorena
HP: 40/40   Recoveries: 8/8 (3d6+2)   Initiative: +3

Daily/Recharge
[ ]Shield (Recharge 11+)                  
[ ]Force Salvo         
[ ]Lightning Bolt
[X]Confusion
[ ][ ]Utility Spell             

Green Bean fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Apr 3, 2016

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost

Firgud Rigiron

Firgud wills himself to bump and roll the rest of the way, where he sees Brianna and the man they were supposed to save (Lunn?) swinging wildly at each other. Well, that wouldn't do, thankfully enough they were both military, and drill sergeants are a universal phenomenon.
"Turn and face, soldiers! Are you going to let a bunch of swirly lights keep you from puttin' the hurt on the enemy! I've had worse hangovers than this lot of fairy lights, pull yourselves together and show me you've got what it takes to be a fighter!"
The two humans rally and shake their heads. Hopefully the appearance of the disembodied head wouldn't cause too much comment. Firgud nods at the nearby archer
"I'm with the knight. You know how it is, adventuring parties."

Move: Roll over to Brianna's side of the battle, behind the front line.
Standard: Weigh the Odds: 1d4 2

On the beginning of Brianna's turn: Save Now Brianna!: 1d20+2 10 succeeds
Battle Captain used, beginning of Lumm's turn, Save now, Lumm!: 1d20+2 13 succeeds

pre:
Firgud Rigiron
Stats			Recharge
HP 40/40 (00)		[x]Battle Captain
PD 12			[x]BTS (11+)	
MD 18		

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Brianna Antinea

As Brianna shakes her head everything slowly comes back into focus. Before she has fully recovered from her daze she strikes at the hound, but she misses it by a mile. She snaps her attention to Petrine and growls back at him. "What makes you think I'd let you run again. If you leave this place it'll be in the heaviest chains I can find."

Fighter Attack vs War Hound: 1d20+7+1 12 Surprising! 13, miss. 3 miss damage.
Odd roll: Taunt Petrine, he must focus his actions against me next turn.

pre:
Brianna Antinea
HP 29/50 	{X}[ ][ ][ ] Smite	Deadly Assault (Even hit)
MD 17		{X} Surprising		Taunt (Odd roll)

Passive Effects

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

-Camp Group-

The Ex-Corporal grits his teeth as Brianna's words hit a nerve. "You'd know the weight of those chains, wouldn't you? Or would you? All the poo poo I've done couldn't hold a candle to your crimes, turn-coat, but you were never sentenced!" Suddenly, a deep red light starts pouring from Petrine's chest. Or, more accurately, something hidden underneath his coat. "What? No! That's not supposed to happen!" Petrine's hooded friend staggers back, curling its clawed fingers to cast an unknown spell upon whatever is emitting the light.

The war hound, however, is completely unaffected by whatever revelations may have just been revealed, and continues menacing Brianna with ineffectual bites.
War Hound: Savage Bite @ Brianna vs AC: 1d20+7 15 Miss: 4 damage.

Sgt. Lumm (who is hypnotized but no longer confused) is up next, along with his two remaining Archers and Creighton. They're followed by Petrine and the Hooded Figure.

-Forest Group-

Draukney stares wide-eyed at Lilith's display, his mouth hanging open in shock as he follows the shifting lines to completion. He blinks, and when he opens his eyes they lack the wild madness he had displayed before. Shock and joy cycle through his withered features until he looks up at the assassins, who stand with their backs to him. Then he gets angry. "You! You were complicit to that vile ritual! You did this to me!!" The wizard shouts, swinging his staff at the surprised assassins. They're able to avoid his attacks, but Draukney's state makes the situation considerably dicier for them.

Draukney: Staff Smack @ Deserter Assassins: 1d20+8 10 1d20+8 11 Both Miss.
Draukney: Save vs Confusion: 1d20 7 Fail. Draukney is still "Confused".

One of the assassins makes two short whistles, which causes the War Hound to shift its attention from its ongoing brawl with Redmund the skeleton. Darting past, the hound takes a blow to its side as it runs down Lilith, nearly bowling her over but getting in several painful bites and scratches along the way.
War Hound: Disengage: 1d20 10 Fail. The dog just moves away and takes the attack. (thank you sockerbagarn)
Skeletal Minion: Basic Attack: 1d20+10 29 Hit. Hound takes 9 damage.
War Hound: Savage Bite @ Lilith (Hounds Harry): 1d20+7 10 1d6 4 Miss: 4 damage. Lilith also takes 4 damage from Hounds Harry.

An assassin closes in on Jormund while another takes aim at Maeve. Both feel the sting of blade, bolt, and poison as their assailants land successful hits.
Deserter Assassin: Poisoned Blade @ Jormund: 1d20+9 20 Hit: 6 damage and 2 ongoing.
Deserter Assassin: Poisoned Crossbow @ Maeve: 1d20+9 20 HIt: 6 damage and 2 ongoing.

Maeve, and Jormund and Magnus are up, followed by Fizzlefeathers (if it's alive) and two Assassins.

Escalation Die is now 2.

quote:

War Wizard Draukney "The Mad" (Confused: Save Ends)

Hooded Figure

Deserter Assassins (Forest Group HP: 100)

Peridian War Hound (Camp Group HP: 11/36) (Forest Group HP: 24/36)

HP: 3/40 | AC: 20 | PD: 13 | MD: 16

red plastic cup fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Apr 5, 2016

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

Maeve of the Stormlash

In a veritable frenzy the Stormlash leap into action! Redmund leaps into the fray with the feathered familiar, delivering a devastating thrust into the creature! Maeve capitalizes on the opening by spinning around and lashing out at the warhound biting at Lilith, eliciting a yelp from the dog. With the feathered foe felled the remaining Stormlash is freed to charge one of the assassins harried by the now less mad mage, the glimmering golden fist punching the back of the assassin's head and what is clearly some sort of taunt mouthed silently by the spirit.

Redmund
Move: Engage Featherface
Standard: Punch a Familiar
-Melee Attack (@Featherface): 1d20+12 28 1d12 6 And that's the bird dusted.
Maeve
Quick: Grant summon the ED
Move: Engages the Warhound on Lilith
Standard: Use Savage Lash on the Warhound
Savage Lash vs AC (@Warhound): 1d20+13 31 1d12+3d8+3 12
Save:
-Saving Throw (11+): 1d20 6 Maeve's still poisoned.
SkeleMook
Move: Engage that Assassin on the left side of the Mad Mage
Standard: Cuff-a-Cur!
-Melee Attack (@Assassin): 1d20+9 27 3 damage to the Assassin

pre:
Maeve of Stormlash
HP: 40/40   THP (1)   Lay On Hands: 2/2  Recoveries: 8/8 (3d8+1)   Initiative: +4

[-]Savage Lash                  [-][ ]Savage Lash Daily
                                [ ]Zombie Form I
				[-]Terror I (18+)
				[ ]Unholy Blast I
				[ ]Spectral Armor (16+)
Skeletal Minion
HP A:0/6 B:6/6 AC 16 PD 14 MD 10
E:Added Saving Throw

ArkInBlack fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Apr 6, 2016

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

Sustain (11+): 1d20 7
The song ends and I grant +2 attack to...me!

Jormund ends his chant with a sudden yell! He leaps off the bird even as he shouts commands in dwarven to Magnus; the two scissor in to attack the assassins!

Magnus Attack, Damage; Jormund Attack, Damage: 1d20+9 14 2d6 4 1d20+11 18 3d8+4 15

Magnus' attacks unfortunately go wide, but Jormund manage to catch one in the side with his blade - as he does, he spits a corrosive black liquid down on the ground, somehow purging the poison out of his body by sheer will alone!

Saving throw (11+): 1d20 18
Saving throw (11+): 1d20 17

pre:
HP: 29/45   	 	 	 	 	 HP: 28/36

ProfessorCirno fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Apr 8, 2016

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

-Camp Group-

Sergeant Lumm catches the traitorous Petrine in the back with a thrown axe, yet stays near the hooded figure. The archers take advantage of Lumm's attack to send two arrows thudding into the figure's chest, where it hisses with pain.
Sgt Lumm: Throwing Axe @ Cpl Petrine: 1d20+8 20 Hit: 10 damage.
Deserter Archer: Arrow Attacks (Hooded Figure): 1d20+6 19 1d20+6 24 Both Hits: 6 damage from each.

Sgt Lumm: Saving Throw: 1d20 4 Faillure. Still Hypnotized.
Creighton can't offer much this turn.

There's a flash of light on metal as Petrine lashes out with his dagger, catching Brianna out and dodging back. His dodge turns into a roll, and when he comes back up he's got his bow out and an arrow nocked to the string, the venom-slathered arrowhead blazing away. Fortunately, his attack misses, causing him to snap an arrow in half with anger.
Cpl Petrine: Unpredictable Disengage: 1d20+5 25 1d6 6 Success. Brianna takes 6 damage.
Cpl Petrine: Flaming Arrow @ Brianna vs AC: 1d20+7 20 Miss.

Meanwhile, the hooded figure pushes past the hypnotized sergeant and thrusts its clawed hands out dramatically. A rush of psychic energy washes over the three nearest combatants: Lumm, Brianna, and Firgud, twisting around their limbs (for those that have them) and holding them in place. It's possible to push past and overcome the attack, but it will come at a cost as you mentally tear the constricting energy from your mind.
Hooded Figure: Confusing Wave @ Sgt Lumm, Brianna, and Firgud: 1d20+8 25 1d20+8 22 1d20+8 26 All Hits
Brianna and Firgud: Choose between taking 6d6 psychic damage or becoming Stuck (save ends). Sgt Lumm chooses to become Stuck.

Brianna and Firgud are next, followed by the War Hound.

-Forest Group-

The wizard cries out and stumbles over as his familiar dissipates, taking a burst of magical feedback from Redmund's punch.
Draukney: Familiar Connection Damage: 5d6 18

The cuffed Assassin turns and delivers a punishing return to the Stormlash spirit, rising to its challenge and soundly defeating it. The Assassin that Jormund and Magnus have flanked manages to catch the Fire-Stone scion with yet another dosage of poison, delivered along the painful, stabby edge of his blade.
Deserter Assassin: Poisoned Blade @ Jormund, Skelemook: 1d20+9 20 1d20+9 29 Hit, Crit. Jormund takes 6 damage and 2 ongoing poison damage. Skelemook is dead (again).

(Sockerbagarn pointed out to me in IRC that ongoing damage stacks and that you have to save against each condition. Thus, last turn Jormund was afflicted with 2 cases on ongoing poison damage and may make an additional save. If he fails, he is up to two stacks of ongoing damage again, and takes 4 damage on his next upcoming turn.)
Lilith is up, followed by Draukney, 2 Assassins, and the War Hound.

quote:

HP: 33/50 | AC: 15 | PD: 14 | MD: 10

HP: 56/74 | AC: 16 | PD: 11 | MD: 15

Hooded Figure
HP: 33/45 | AC: 19 | PD: 17 | MD: 13

Deserter Assassins (Forest Group HP: 82 | Next Assassin drops with 7 damage)

Peridian War Hound (Camp Group HP: 11/36) (Forest Group HP: 12/36)

Fizzlefeathers

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lilith Avorena

Lilith was bowled over and scratched by the war hound, but Maeve's attack buys her enough time for a counter-attack. With a simple gesture, she disrupts the magical forces governing thunder in the vicinity, creating a blast of sonic force that sent the dog flying, yelping as it went. As it landed, the fight had clearly gone out of it.

Crescendo (Attack Roll vs. War Hound PD): 1d20+7+2 18
Crescendo (Damage Roll): 4d6 16 The dog is now incapacitated.

pre:
Lilith Avorena
HP: 32/40   Recoveries: 8/8 (3d6+2)   Initiative: +3

Daily/Recharge
[ ]Shield (Recharge 11+)                  
[ ]Force Salvo         
[ ]Lightning Bolt
[X]Confusion
[ ][ ]Utility Spell             

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost

Firgud Rigiron

Firgud feels his limbs go numb from the psychic attack! Which makes sense, because Firgud's connection with his limbs is an entirely mental one. He raises an eyebrow.
"Oh woe is me, I can't seem to move my legs. I tell you what, friend, all that time practicin' magic and throwing flashy lights around must seem worth it, huh."

I'll uh, become stuck
Standard: Weigh the Odds: 1d4 1 aw man.
Save vs Stuck: 1d20 6 fails :goleft:

No command right now, seeing what Sockerbagarn does.

pre:
Firgud Rigiron
Stats			Recharge
PD 12			[x]BTS (11+)	
MD 18		
Recoveries 8/8 (3d8+1)		Command Points: 2

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Brianna Antinea

Brianna struggles against the invisible force holding her in place but try as she might, she doesn't have the strength remaining to wrest herself free after being gradually whittled down by the numerous glancing attacks. All she manages to do is raise her shield arm to her chest and grab hold of her holy symbol. Even through the leathery insides of her gauntlets she can feel a comforting warmth radiating from it. She closes her eyes and tries to reach for the distant gods to aid her like her mother once taught her.

Her plea is answered in but an instant as a bolt of radiant light shoots out of her holy symbol and strikes down the vicious hound that had been harrying her. She opens her eyes again and stares at the two remaining opponents with unyielding eyes. "Surrender now and I will be merciful." Her words are sharp but her ragged breathing and disheveled state betrays her dwindling strength.

I'm stuck!
Smite War Hound: 1d20+7+4+2 18 vs AC, hit! 3d8+4+1d12 19 damage. :shittydog: is toast!
Save against stuck: 1d20 4, still stuck.

pre:
Brianna Antinea
HP 19/50 	{X}[X][ ][ ] Smite	Deadly Assault (Even hit)

Passive Effects

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost

Firgud Rigiron

Firgud notices Brianna flagging, and shouts.
"Aye, girl, you got more than the gods! You have me! Don't let yourself lose!"

Rally Now, Brianna!: 3d10+7 25 hp regained

pre:
Firgud Rigiron
Stats			Recharge
PD 12			[x]BTS (11+)	
MD 18		

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

-Camp Group-

Firgud's shout, though it helps Brianna, also draws the attention of the two assailants. His words particularly draw the ire of the hooded figure, who advances past Brianna and the helpless Sergeant Lumm to bear down on the disembodied dwarf. "No gods," it hisses menacingly, drawing back its hood. "..but Iskaranura!" The hunched figure looms, its snake-like visage revealed, and lunges forward to swipe its wicked claws!

Swampspawn Shaman: Poisoned Claws @ Firgud: 1d20+8 11 Miss.

Petrine sneers at Brianna as he draws back his bow. With Lumm unable to stop him, he's able to take his time lining up a shot on Firgud while Brianna is forced to watch. As he lets the arrow fly, Brianna manages to break the spell long enough to knock the arrow slightly off course, but can't deflect it entirely. The arrowhead draws a painful line across the side of Firgud's head, while the scaly shaman's spell reasserts itself on Brianna, the magic digging at her mind.

Petrine: Stealthy Maneuver vs MD: 1d20+7 19 Hit. Next attack deals +1d12 extra damage.
Petrine: Stealthy Flaming Arrow @ Firgud: 1d20+7 27 1d12 9 Crit! Firgud takes 29 (2*10+9) damage and 4 ongoing.
Interrupt!: Brianna uses her Bastion talent! The damage is split between Firgud and Brianna- both take 14. Firgud still takes the ongoing damage. (This was discussed on IRC)

Brianna and Firgud are up again! They will be followed by the Swampspawn Shaman and Ex-Cpl Petrine, along with Sgt Lumm and his two archers. To keep the focus on you guys, the NPCs will only act on rounds where the ED is even for the rest of this battle.

-Forest Group-

The ensorcelled wizard waves his hands, cackling as he forces the two Assassins to turn on each other momentarily! One Assassin groans and slumps to the ground after the other impales him with the poisoned blade, a look of horror on his face as Draukney darts away!
Draukney: Sow Discord @ Deserter Assassins: 1d20+9 16 1d20+9 27 Success. One Assassin hits the other for 6 damage and 2 ongoing.
Draukney: Disengage: 1d20-1 17 Success.

Jormund and Magnus have the third Assassin locked down, but despite their skillful team attacks, the Assassin still manages to catch Magnus off-guard with another strike!
Deserter Assassin: Poisoned Blade @ Magnus: 1d20+9 28 Hit. Magnus takes 6 damage and 2 ongoing.

Draukney: Save vs Confusion: 1d20 2 Fail. Draukney is still confused.

Maeve, and Jormund (don't forget to make that extra save against the ongoing damage) and Magnus are up, followed by two Assassins.

The Escalation Die is now 3

quote:

Swampspawn Shaman
HP: 33/45 | AC: 19 | PD: 17 | MD: 13

Deserter Assassins (Forest Group HP: 74 | Next Assassin drops with 24 damage)

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

Recovery: 3d6+2 10
That's Your Best Shot lets me use a recovery as a free action!

With a roar, Jormund rips the blade out from his flesh and smashes a fist into the assassin! It's enough of a distraction for Magnus to deliver a second fist to the back of their head!

Magnus Attack, Damage; Jormund Attack, Damage: 1d20+10 24 2d6 8 1d20+10 16 3d8+4 17

Aaaaaaaaaand I continue to miss. Magnus still does 8 damage at least???

Saving throw (11+) (Jormund, Magnus): 1d20 1 1d20 11

pre:
HP: 31/45   	 	 	 	 	 HP: 30/36
Recoveries: 6/8 (3d6+2)

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost

Firgud Rigiron

Firgud doesn't avoid the snake's claw swipe so much as tilt, but the figure wasn't used to fighting something so low to the ground. The arrow hurts far more, and the side of Firgud's face begins to smoke uncomfortably, but the dwarf is unperturbed. He rolls back and glares at the snake towering above him.
"Ah, then the Peridians are literal snakes, not just figurative? Well, you can take your Iskaranura and shove it up my arse back in Bolgirgim! Aye, and whatever ugly beast you send your useless prayers to, I hope it cooks well. We'll roast it on your altars and use its entrails for pig feed!"
Firgud hurls invectives and insults, but not without purpose. Unnoticed, Brianna begins to fight free of the psychic hold.
"I'm basically a ball and I'm not intimidated by you. Why don't you punt me? Did you sacrifice your legs for the privilege of an ugly lisp?"
Brianna turns towards the snake man, and Petrine shouts an unheeded warning.
"Well, your comeuppance is here, ugly. Choke on it."

My turn: Weigh the Odds: 1d4 4
Save vs Fire, Stuck: 2#1d20 2 still on fire 15 no longer stuck (:confuoot:)

Start of Brianna's Turn
Forceful Command, spending 1+3 cp for the bonus!
Save Now Brianna!: 1d20+6 18 she saves vs. stuck

pre:
Firgud Rigiron
Stats			Recharge
HP 22/40 (00)		[x]Battle Captain
PD 12			[x]BTS (11+)	
MD 18		

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Brianna Antinea

With a loud crash Brianna slams into the swampspawn, blindsiding him completely. Shield pressed against her opponent's scaly neck she forcibly pushes him back and pins him against the wooden wall of the nearby building. "We're not all snakes Firgud, but I'd say this one would fit right in with the other vipers at the High King's court." She glares at the shaman as she speaks and leans more heavily on her shield. "Speak not of false gods in my presence, serpent."

Move to engage Swampspawn Shaman, take 3 damage from Petrine's Opportunistic Shot.
Fighter Attack vs Swampspawn Shaman: 1d20+7+3 27 vs AC, hit! Natural 17: Bash!: 3d8+4 18 damage. Swampspawn shaman pops free from Firgud and is Dazed (save ends).

Skilled Intercept: 1d20+4 11, ready to intercept. If the swampspawn succeeds in disengaging to attack someone else, intercept him. Otherwise use it to intercept Petrine if he's foolish enough to move before attacking.

pre:
Brianna Antinea
HP 27/50 	{X}[X][ ][ ] Smite	Deadly Assault (Even hit)
AC 23		{X} Bash Daze	 	Bash! (Odd roll or any hit /w shield)
PD 15		{X} Bastion		Defensive Fighting (Odd roll or 16+ /w shield)
Re 7/10 3d10+2	[ ] Inspire (16+)			 

Passive Effects

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

Maeve of the Stormlash

With the hound handled Maeve turns to the far assassin, hand pointing accusingly at him. "Face the retribution of the Stormlash!" she cries, as a flash of light flies from her fingertip into the assassin, who recoils for a moment before looking over himself puzzled, before turning to see the spectral forms of more Stormlash spirits looming over him, temporarily given form by Maeve's spell. Spinning to flee, he finds the skeleton has closed, cracking its own boney hands. The trio swiftly deliver a vicious drubbing to the assassin, which ends with him unconscious on the ground and the two spirits slipping back into incorporeality.

Maeve:
Cackling Turn: Cast Unholy Blast on an Assassin
-Cackling Unholy Blast vs PD (@Assassin): 1d20+6 16 4d6+3 16 Nuts, that hits. 16 negative energy damage to the assassin.
--Cackling THP: 1d6+5 10 Maeve has 10 THP
---I don't even know what I want for an effect. Dealer's choice on this one.
End of Turn Effects
-Maeve takes 2 damage from Ongoing
--Saving Throw (11+): 1d20 10 Still poisoned, like it matters.
Redmund
Move: Engage the eastern Assassin, he seems lonely after killing his friend.
Standard: Cuff-a-cur!
-Cuff-A-Cur! vs AC (@Assassin): 1d20+13 32 1d12 11 and Redmund finishes what Maeve started.

pre:
Maeve of Stormlash
HP: 40/40   THP (8)   Lay On Hands: 2/2  Recoveries: 8/8 (3d8+1)   Initiative: +4

[ ]Zombie Form I
				[-]Terror I (18+)
				[-]Unholy Blast I (18+)
				[ ]Spectral Armor (16+)
Skeletal Minion
HP 13/22 AC 19 PD 17 MD 13

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

We've gotten to the part of the battle where splitting the party complicates things. The Camp Group would technically be on the next round, while Lilith has yet to take her turn in the Forest Group. I don't anticipate the battle lasting too much longer, so in the interest of keeping things moving along I'm going to go ahead and advance the turn count. This means that Lilith may take two turns in a row, one at Escalation Die 3, the other at Escalation Die 4.

-Camp Group-

The snakelike humanoid works itself into a frenzy at Brianna's retort, spitting angry invective as it makes several awkward attempts at clawing her face off. The shaman accomplishes little, and opens itself up for Brianna to deliver a glancing counter attack!

Swampspawn Shaman: Poisoned Claws @ Brianna: 1d20+8-4 11 Miss. Triggers Counter-Attack!
Brianna: Counter-Attack, Damage: 1d20+7+3 17 3d8+4 16 Miss. Takes 3 damage.

Tossing his bow aside, Petrine darts about and closes in on Brianna, his saber flashing as he delivers a blow to her back. His hopes of walking out of this encounter are dashed as the archers take aim at the Swampspawn.

Petrine: Stealthy Maneuver vs MD: 1d20+7 25 1d12 7 Hit: Petrine deals 7 extra damage on his next attack.
Petrine: Peridian Saber @ Brianna vs AC: 1d20+6 12Miss. Brianna takes 7 damage.

After Brianna bashed the Swampspawn away from Firgud, an archer darts in to scoop up the dwarf's disembodied form. "Forgive the offense, Sir, but you looked like you were in a bit of a bind!" he says. "You do tactics, right Sir Head?" The other one asks, drawing back his bowstring. "Where can I hit that thing the hardest?"

With Firgud's guidance, the archer lets loose an arrow that delivers a crippling blow to the Shaman!

Deserter Archer: Arrow Attack (Swampspawn Shaman): 1d20+6 26 Crit!
The crit would kill the Shaman, but I'll let Firgud and Brianna determine exactly what happens to it.

As the Shaman drops, Petrine realizes that he's horribly, horribly outnumbered. Just as he turns to flee, a thrown axe slices through the air in front of him. "You aren't getting away, Petrine!" The Sergeant growls, shaking off the Swampspawn Shaman's spell.

Sgt Lumm: Throwing Axe @ Petrine: 1d20+8 15 Miss.
Sgt Lumm: Saves (Stuck): 1d20 12 No longer Stuck.

Brianna and Firgud are up, followed by Petrine.

-Forest Group-

The cackling wizard manages to single out the Assassin that Jormund and Magnus have flanked, but his addled mind produces a fireball that fizzles out entirely before it explodes.

Draukney: Off-Kilter Fireball: Targeting: 1d3 1
Draukney: Off-Kilter Fireball @ Deserter Assassin vs PD: 1d20+10 13 Miss.
Draukney: Save vs Confusion: 1d20 2 That Confusion spell was probably the best move in the whole fight.

Flanked by two dwarves and with several mages menacing him, the Assassin can't seem to land a hit. The other unleashes a fearsome blow on Redmund, scattering the skeleton's bones with a single blow!

Deserter Assassins: Poisoned Blades (Jormund, Skeletal Minion): 1d20+9 18 1d20+9 29 Miss. Crit! Maeve's Minion takes 12 damage and 2 ongoing.

Maeve, Jormund, and Lilith (x2) are up, followed by Draukney and the remaining Assassins.

The Escalation Die is now at 4.

quote:

Swampspawn Shaman

Deserter Assassins (Forest Group HP: 39 | Next Assassin drops with 14 damage)

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Brianna Antinea

I'll leave it up to Firgud to decide what happens with the swampspawn, he's the one directing the arrow after all.

Feeling the sabre strike her back Brianna lets the shaman fall to the ground and turns around after Petrine. "Not this time." As he flinches back from Lumm's throwing axe she is easily able to thrust her sword into the shoulder of his favored arm, making him grunt in pain and drop his weapon. Before he has a chance to recover, Brianna tosses her sword and shield to the side and grabs him by the collar then drags him to the ground. "You should have accepted my mercy when you had the chance." With a thud her armored fist slams into the face of the ex-corporal, knocking him out cold.

Fighter Attack vs Petrine: 1d20+7+4 19 vs AC, hit! Natural 8: Deadly Assault: 3d8+4+6 30 damage! Wowzers! Since he's just got 3 hp remaining our dear GM let me knock him out with that roll.
pre:
Brianna Antinea
HP 20/50 	{X}[X][ ][ ] Smite	Deadly Assault (Even hit)
AC 23		{X} Bash Daze	 	Bash! (Odd roll or any hit /w shield)
PD 15		{X} Bastion		Defensive Fighting (Odd roll or 16+ /w shield)
Re 7/10 3d10+2	[ ] Inspire (16+)			 

Passive Effects

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lilith Avorena

Draukney's fireball seemed to explode ineffectually, but Lilith was ready with a spell trap mudra, temporarily dooming the magical energies to a regulatory hellscape! She dashes forward, fingers trailing sparks as the foreign magical energies start to overwhelm her ability to contain them. She reaches the centre of the melee, and before the assassins can punish her frontline antics, she raises her glowing hand aloft, and snaps her fingers. The detonation could be heard from a considerable distance, and when the smoke clears, the assassins are far worse for wear.

Move action to engage with the assassin engaging Jormund and the one engaging the skeleton.
Crescendo Attack Roll vs. Assassins (vs. PD, -2 penalty): 2#1d20+7+3-2 22 18
Crescendo Damage Roll: 4d6 8 Each takes 8 damage.
Move action to reengage the assassin engaging Jormund and the one engaging the skeleton. Or whichever one survives if the first attack took one out.

Crescendo Attack Roll vs. Assassins (vs. PD, -2 penalty): 2#1d20+7+4-2 17 27
Crescendo Damage Roll: 4d6 14 Any targets take 14 damage.

pre:
Lilith Avorena
HP: 32/40   Recoveries: 8/8 (3d6+2)   Initiative: +3

Daily/Recharge
[ ]Shield (Recharge 11+)                  
[ ]Force Salvo         
[ ]Lightning Bolt
[X]Confusion
[ ][ ]Utility Spell             

Green Bean fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Apr 10, 2016

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost

Firgud Rigiron

"The neck, lad. That thing's too dangerous to let live."
The bolt flies true, tearing open the elongated throat of the shaman and sending it tumbling to the ground, dead.
"Good thing we showed up, and I think the rest of our crew is cleaning up. Lets get these bodies out of the way and have a nice chat, eh?"

Weigh the Odds: 1d4 4
save vs fire: 1d20 17 saves!

Brianna's Turn
Rally now, Brianna! (save, 4 extra CP): 1d20+8 28 succeeds
Recovery roll: 3d10+7 19 hp regained

pre:
Firgud Rigiron
Stats			Recharge
HP 18/40 (00)		[x]Battle Captain
PD 12			[x]BTS (11+)	
MD 18		
Recoveries 8/8 (3d8+1)		Command Points: 0

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

Maeve of the Stormlash

Maeve and Redmund combine their efforts into putting down a foe, but the assassin proves slippery and wary of the Stormlash now, nimbly dodging Maeve's wide swings and fending off Redmund's blows with swift parries. Eventually Redmund over extends and leaves himself open to a swift boot to the ribcage, sending the spine and an arm of the skeleton flying away while the rest of the bones collapse in a heap, to the groans of the Stormlash spirits, a few slapping Redmund on the shoulder at his streak during his time controlling the skeleton.

Maeve
Move: Engage an Assassin
Standard: Hit an Assassin
-Melee Attack (@Assassin): 1d20+10 12 3d8+3 14 3 miss damage.
Save
-Saving Throw (11+): 1d20 10
Redmund
Move: Engage an Assassin
Standard: Hit an Assassin
-Melee Attack (@Assassin): 1d20+13 29 1d12 4 4 damage, for 7 damage to the Assassin(s) total.
Skeletal Minion takes 4 ongoing, is reduced to a pile of bones with 0 hp.

pre:
Maeve of Stormlash
HP: 40/40   THP (6)   Lay On Hands: 2/2  Recoveries: 8/8 (3d8+1)   Initiative: +4

[ ]Zombie Form I
				[-]Terror I (18+)
				[-]Unholy Blast I (18+)
				[ ]Spectral Armor (16+)
Skeletal Minion
HP 13/22 AC 19 PD 17 MD 13

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

It's probably safe to call the fight here, since the only way that poor Assassin lives is if Magnus misses and Jormund rolls a natural 1.

Brianna drags the struggling Petrine to the ground, where a single, solid punch is enough to lay the Ex-Corporal out cold. Lumm snarls and bends down, grabbing Petrine's discarded bow. With his bare hands, he snaps the reinforced longbow in half and sets about tying Petrine's wrists together with the bowstring. "It's a drat good thing you came along when you did. I would've been dead for sure." Lumm pats around inside Petrine's coat before he pulls out a large red gemstone, which he offers to Brianna as he straightens up. "Any clue what this is? I figure that's what must've been giving off that light earlier," He muses for a moment before shaking his head. "Bah, where's my manners? I'm Rennet Lumm, former sergeant of the High King's army, 4th Legion. I figure I owe you my life, but in a way I already do." He holds out his hand, glancing over Brianna's shoulder at Creighton. "I don't suppose any more of my soldiers are with you? The loyal ones, I mean."

The archer holding Firgud gingerly sets him down on a nearby stump. "You're uh.. alright then, Mister Dwarf Head, Sir?" The other archer gives the disembodied dwarf a nod of thanks as he looks over at Petrine's dead snakelike friend. They both seem a bit shaken up about the whole ordeal, especially considering the casualties. "I don't get it. I've served with some of those men for years," one says, gesturing at the fallen Assassins. "Why would they try and kill us now?"

Meanwhile, in the forest, the final Assassin tosses away his blades and holds up his hands, cowering before Maeve and Jormund. "I surrender! Don't kill me!" Draunkey's mad ramblings devolve into inane gibberish, the man himself sitting down on the ground and clutching his head. Either way, it looks like the fight's over by now.

What do you do now?

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
[quote="M.c.P" post="458564369"]

Firgud Rigiron

"Thanks, lad. And its Firgud Rigirion. Yes, "Battleaxe" Rigiron, I'll sign autographs later." Firgud smiles, hoping his little joke would help the Peridians relax.
"And as fer the traitors, could be promises of power, a hidden deal. Results are, they tried to kill you and yer mates. You had to defend yourself."
Firgud leaves another reason unspoken. Magic compulsion Firgud ponders. That snake was steeped in it. Gods, I hope those men were beyond saving.

That gem may be part of it. "Brianna!" Firgud shouts. "Get that thing in a box, preferably metal, preferably lead! Only Jormund and Lilith get to handle it until it is confirmed safe!"

As the rest of the team approaches, Firgud remembers something. He speaks with Maeve.
"Lass, take a look at this. Snake man, and he mentioned some Iskaranura character before we put him down. Now, those spirits in the forest, you think they're connected? Some forgotten temple out here or something?"

taking 1 average recover of 14 HP

pre:
Firgud Rigiron
Stats			Recharge
HP 32/40 (00)		[x]Battle Captain
PD 12			[x]BTS (11+)	
MD 18		
Recoveries 7/8 (3d8+1)		Command Points: 0

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Brianna Antinea

Brianna accepts the red gemstone and twists it around in her hand as she looks at it. Pretty. "I don't carry metal boxes around with me Firgud, but you're right that we should be cautious. I felt that snake trying to influence my mind as we fought." She unlaces her gauntlets and ties the one she was holding the gemstone in together so that it shields it, then puts it away in a pouch where it could be kept until either of the arcane users could examine it.

She looks down at Lumm's hand and hesitates for a split second before shaking it with her bare, bloodstained hand. "It is good to meet you Rennet Lumm, Creighton has spoken highly of you. And don't worry, the blood isn't mine." She smiles mirthlessly and lets her hand fall to her side. "As for your soldiers..." She averts her eyes and looks down at Sergeant Wells' sabre lying on the ground. She sighs and beckons Creighton over so that he could give Lumm Wells' eyepatch. "Before I came here I was informed there were bandits in the area, I didn't learn that was false before it was much too late. When we arrived at the dwarven camp up north we found it under attack by what we thought were the bandits and rushed to their defense. I don't know how many of the soldiers there were loyal to the rebellion, but out of the eleven the only survivors were Creighton and Petrine, the latter managed to flee." She looks down at the unconscious ex-corporal. "At least we've managed to rectify that mistake."

Brianna looks into Lumm's eyes again with a solemn expression. "Sergeant Wells died by my hand. I don't know what she meant to you, but I wish it hadn't happened. I'm sorry."

Taking an average recovery to full health.
pre:
Brianna Antinea
HP 50/50 	{ }[X][ ][ ] Smite	Deadly Assault (Even hit)
Re 5/10 3d10+2	[ ] Inspire (16+)			 

Passive Effects

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

The gemstone has an odd weight to it, but Brianna doesn't seem to suffer any ill effects from handling it. Firgud's shouted warning, however, does. A blue-green light glows from inside the gem, and it pulses as Firgud speaks. The glow is eerily reminiscent of the strange spirits that the party encountered earlier at the parley site, and as Brianna observes it, she can see it flicker like a flame.

Lumm has a somber expression as he listens to Brianna. "Sergeant Wells is dead, huh?" He looks down at the eye patch as Creighton hands it to him and frowns. "That's surprising to me for two reasons. One, she's drat good with a blade. Two, and perhaps more concerning, is that she wasn't a deserter. I didn't even know she was here!" The bald man shoots Creighton a suspicious look. "C'mon Loches, you were there with me. You and your brother both! When Captain Lyone organized the rebellion, Wells ratted us out to the High King!" Creighton, taken aback, stammers for a moment before he holds his head. "I- You're right!" Creighton admits. "But then why did I think she was my leader?" All eyes drop to look at Petrine. "I don't know," Lumm growls, cracking his knuckles. "But I'm betting he does."

---

Back in the forest, Draukney suddenly stands up, his eyes wide. "Box!!" He shouts. "G-Get the thing in a box! Metal! Lead!" The grey-haired man frantically looks around, presumably for such a box, and when he finds none he gets down onto his knees and begins clawing at the ground with his fingers, muttering to himself all the while. "Metal comes from the earth. Is lead a metal? Must be, must be. Need to find a source. Could try scrying? Yes! NO!! ARRGH!!! Lead resists scrying- resists most applications of direct magic! Stupid! Stupid!! Need to put the thing in a box. Wait. What thing? Ohhhh.." The mage groans and clutches his head with his dirt-covered fingers as though in pain.

Maeve: It's difficult to tell at first given the strangely-shaped head and and elongated neck, but the snake-like being is undoubtedly some variety of dragonspawn, though none that you're familiar with. The name "Iskaranura" doesn't ring any bells, but with a skill check you might be able to recall something of use.

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Brianna Antinea

"Her skills with the blade could not match those of a Peridian knight..." Brianna mutters, frowning at the surprising news about Wells. "Our foe is capable of controlling minds en masse, this is most worrying, but it does explain a lot. If Wells was loyal to the High King then he must have sent her here in an attempt to crush the rebellion. Maybe her death was necessary after all, but how many more loyalists yet remain in the area?" She picks up the late sergeant's sabre she tossed on the ground and quickly wipes it off with a piece of cloth then puts it back in her scabbard. "At least the puzzle is beginning to take shape. Creighton, fetch a pail of water. It's about time Petrine woke up from his nap."

Petrine wasn't the only one that could provide answers around here though, that stone needed to be looked at sooner rather than later. Brianna turns her head and yells over her shoulder, "Lilith, we have need of your expertise! There's a gemstone that we need identified, possible mind control magic."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lilith Avorena

Lilith had been distracted realigning the surrounding magical environment, coaxing it back into its normal patterns. Magical duels tended to be rather disruptive, and while generally things returned to equilibrium, it could be a lengthy process with odd side effects. It was much safer to take care of such issues early. Brianna called to her as Lilith finished, so she headed right over.

"An ensorcelled gemstone?" As she approached, Lilith thought back to her apprenticeship, trying to recall what she'd heard of such things.

"Magic gems are actually fairly common, relatively speaking, since crystals can retain or focus a great deal of power. If it's enchantment magic, that suggests a curse of some kind. Though if that's the case, we should still be safe so long as nobody...touches..." She trailed off as she reached Brianna. Lilith squinted at the gem, but didn't get any closer to Brianna. "Oh dear. Well, hopefully it wasn't cursed..."

Intelligence + Analytical Arcanist (Identifying a magical gem): 1d20+3+4+3 28

• Locked thread