Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Looks like Jeb!, Rubio and Christie better drop out right now. Otherwise any votes later in the day that they steal from Kasich will be wasted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

apparently there's some really old hotel in dixsville notch and i guess they figured out that this would be good publicity

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Balsams_Grand_Resort_Hotel

good for them there's like a 0.1% chance i go there. when i was a kid we stayed some place in vermont in the summer and i thought it was nice, maybe i'll do it here. i don't ski or golf though so probably not

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Gyges posted:

Dixville Notch actually makes themselves a cake celebrating their vote? Jesus guys, I hate to break it to you but the rest of the Nation doesn't actually care.

Edit: Cruz and Hillary win Millsfield. New Hampshire is tearing themselves apart.

Kaisich now in 3rd place in the NH Rep primary.

https://twitter.com/DixvilleVote/status/696924761805484035

Those cakes look great.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

see you at the balsams grand resort hotel. were gonna eat that cake and eat it too

i hope they set up some kind of insane situation room with a ton of booze and market themselves as america's election day destination. i don't think they will

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Rand Paul got a vote in Millsfield. Randmentum?

https://twitter.com/reidepstein/status/696923862701842432

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
Dem result in Millsvile: Hillary 2, Bernie 1.

It's a tie game now, in terms of towns. It seems Hart's Location, yet to report, will be the tiebreaker.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

http://hartslocation.com/2016-presidential-primary/

quote:

Hart’s Location polls opened at midnight and closed at ….
HURRY THE gently caress UP HART'S LOCATION

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Peachstapler posted:

I hope President Trump pulverizes Dixville with one of those massive quarry buzzsaws for voting against him.

WE JUST LEARNED THE LOCATION OF THE GREAT CONCAVITY IN THIS TIMELINE Y'ALL

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
https://twitter.com/DecisionDeskHQ/status/696926787935281153

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

https://twitter.com/JohnKasich/status/696923329719046149

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

who the gently caress is Greenstein and if you're going to throw your vote away why not vote for Vermin Supreme?

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
I'm surprised more random double-digit population towns don't do this horrible midnight poo poo. It's the most small town New England thing imaginable and it's simultaneously horrifying (you have to show up at midnight to vote with all your neighbors?) and heartwarming.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Shear Modulus posted:

who the gently caress is Greenstein and if you're going to throw your vote away why not vote for Vermin Supreme?

Stewart, whose full name is actually Mark Stewart Greenstein, lives in West Hartford, Connecticut. He said he plans to run in New Hampshire because "You're first, you're most important, and I live nearby" and South Carolina.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

people were like 'who are these guys' in the iowa thread and the answer was 'the people who bother to call the election clerks' phones and ask them what the votes are'

i think microsoft stole their thunder in iowa but they're back on the map now!

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
Holy poo poo!

9-9-9

Kasich-Trump-Cruz

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

DynamicSloth posted:

Holy poo poo!

9-9-9

Kasich-Trump-Cruz

THAT'S CAIN'S MUSIC

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Concerned Citizen posted:

Stewart, whose full name is actually Mark Stewart Greenstein, lives in West Hartford, Connecticut. He said he plans to run in New Hampshire because "You're first, you're most important, and I live nearby" and South Carolina.

Well, that more sense than what I thought (that two people decided to vote for Jill Stein, of the Green Party, in the Democratic Primary, for whatever weird reason someone would do that).

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

...and now we wait 19 hours for the next results

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Altogether disappointed with Vermin Supreme's showing so far.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

DynamicSloth posted:

Holy poo poo!

9-9-9

Kasich-Trump-Cruz

Cain knew all along. We're following HIS plan now

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

DynamicSloth posted:

Holy poo poo!

9-9-9

Kasich-Trump-Cruz

You've got that upside down.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So the results so far seem to be

Republicans
Trump: 9
Cruz: 9
Kasich: 9
Rubio: 2
Bush: 2
Christie: 2
Fiorina: 1
Paul: 1

Democrats
Bernie: 17
Hillary: 9
Stew: 2

Edit for math:

OhFunny posted:

I know it doesn't matter in the slightest, but Clinton has 9 votes. 7 from Hart's Location and 2 from Millsfield.

Gyges has issued a correction as of 06:50 on Feb 9, 2016

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
If Trump loses NH he's going to have problems

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Gyges posted:

So the results so far seem to be

Republicans
Trump: 9
Cruz: 9
Kasich: 9
Rubio: 2
Bush: 2
Christie: 2
Fiorina: 1
Paul: 1

Democrats
Bernie: 17
Hillary: 7
Stew: 2

I know it doesn't matter in the slightest, but Clinton has 9 votes. 7 from Hart's Location and 2 from Millsfield.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
a legitimately good question

https://twitter.com/DecisionDeskHQ/status/696929386856112128

I voted Greenstein :911:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
How amazing would it be if the top three in NH were Trump, Cruz, and Kasich? I wonder if Vermin Supreme is going to beat any of the candidates still in this.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

If Trump loses NH he's going to have problems

Bearing in mind that it's stupid to read absolutely anything into 35 votes, but Dixville Notch and Hart's location were always McCain/Romney/Huntsman territory, you'd expect Kasich to clean up there, not Trump to hold his own.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i voted gilmore. virginia is for car tax HATERS

it's 49/51 greenstein right now, this is quite the poll right ere

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

TwinsensRevenge posted:

THAT'S CAIN'S MUSIC

Which one? This one, this one, or this one?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Christ almighty please let there be a close race for 2nd between Cruz and Kasich tomorrow morning.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

in florida elementary school every friday instead of the pledge they'd wheel a tv into the room and we'd sign along to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox4IRQVGsBU

we'd start sitting down and then on the last 'stand UP' with the cymbal crash we'd all stand up

i still know every word to the loving song

not relevant but im just sayin

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

DynamicSloth posted:

Bearing in mind that it's stupid to read absolutely anything into 35 votes, but Dixville Notch and Hart's location were always McCain/Romney/Huntsman territory, you'd expect Kasich to clean up there, not Trump to hold his own.

Just to throw out more dumb trivia facts. Hart's Location went for Obama in 2008 and 2012. Dixville Notch went for Obama in 2008 and tied in 2012 between Obama and Romney.

Kings Of Calabria
Sep 10, 2013

Roland Jones posted:

Well, that more sense than what I thought (that two people decided to vote for Jill Stein, of the Green Party, in the Democratic Primary, for whatever weird reason someone would do that).

What's so terrible about Jill Stein? I lived in MA last election so it was easy knowing that my "babbys first protest vote" wouldn't actually do anything, though I didn't consider it a total waste. I don't see anything terrible about her other than maybe some ~ivory tower elitism~ that doesn't bother me much. Is there some smoking gun I should know about before I do the same thing again when Clinton gets the D nomination?

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Kings Of Calabria posted:

What's so terrible about Jill Stein? I lived in MA last election so it was easy knowing that my "babbys first protest vote" wouldn't actually do anything, though I didn't consider it a total waste. I don't see anything terrible about her other than maybe some ~ivory tower elitism~ that doesn't bother me much. Is there some smoking gun I should know about before I do the same thing again when Clinton gets the D nomination?

It would be rather odd to think that a Green Party candidate is one of your options... in the Democratic Primary.

Sad Banana
Sep 7, 2011
Cruz only got votes in one of the three towns. What's up with that town liking Cruz so much?

I know this doesn't matter at all, just curious if anyone knows.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

XboxPants posted:

It would be rather odd to think that a Green Party candidate is one of your options... in the Democratic Primary.

This. She's not part of the Democratic party, so, you can't really vote for her in it. I have nothing against her herself (though I don't think third party runs are a good idea and the effort would better be dedicated towards something like pushing for implementing the alternative vote and single transferable vote), but, this would be the wrong place to show one's support for her.

Roland Jones has issued a correction as of 07:29 on Feb 9, 2016

Kings Of Calabria
Sep 10, 2013

XboxPants posted:

Oh ha my bad. I thought the idea was that any Stein vote would be throwing it away, probably should have paid attention to the bigger conversation :P

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Instead of making a protest vote you can take your vote out of the garbage.

Kings Of Calabria
Sep 10, 2013

Bip Roberts posted:

Instead of making a protest vote you can take your vote out of the garbage.

Ok so what is my option here? I'm going to be voting in Massachusetts again and Clinton is going to take it as the D nominee, and she will take this state easily in the general. I'm a Sanders supporter but I actually do like Hillary. But there's no way in hell I'll vote for her when I have the option of showing some love to a person that I agree with on most issues. If I was voting in Florida or Ohio or something I might give it a second thought but the way it goes around here, I don't consider a vote for Stein to be in the garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
Vote Trump. Why settle for the lesser of two evils?

• Locked thread