Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
edit: nevermind, not worth it

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jun 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Do you really need it spelled out or are you just posting like a goon because that's your reflex? It's not as one dimensional as your posting.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
New update also added back in a Paris escalation I hadn't played before. The one with the 7 second pistol requirement. It was pretty fun! Never realized that you're considered unequipping something anytime you take any action basically.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

qbert posted:

New update also added back in a Paris escalation I hadn't played before. The one with the 7 second pistol requirement. It was pretty fun! Never realized that you're considered unequipping something anytime you take any action basically.

Happily I completed that one awhile back, I think they took it off to fix the issue where the closing cutscene put the pistol away and continued the countdown unseen while it played, causing the mission to fail during the ending victory cutscene :psyduck:

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
New ET details.

https://hitman.com/en-us/news/elusive-target-25

quote:

Elusive Target #25 has one objective: (1) Eliminate [The Fugitive].

Special note: The exact identity of the target must be discovered during the mission. If you replan or restart the mission, the identity of the target may change.

Clever bastards.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

ETs "lock in" only when you complete an objective, right? So theoretically if you mess up and murder the wrong dude you can still restart?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Hobo Clown posted:

ETs "lock in" only when you complete an objective, right? So theoretically if you mess up and murder the wrong dude you can still restart?

That's probably one way of cheesing it: just knock a guy out, and if you can't stuff him into a locker, he's the target — otherwise, just keep going ot the next victim… :D

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Tippis posted:

That's probably one way of cheesing it: just knock a guy out, and if you can't stuff him into a locker, he's the target — otherwise, just keep going ot the next victim… :D

And if you're not worried about SA, just silently kill everyone you can until Diana pops in with "Target down, well done 47"

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
The complete first season is now 60% off in the playstation store.

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!

shut up blegum posted:

The complete first season is now 60% off in the playstation store.

It's also 66% off on Steam during the summer sale, which runs through July 5th.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 23 minutes!
Yams Fan

Tippis posted:

*Agent 47 sighs as he sheathes his katana*

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

At the slight risk of very minor hyperbole, anybody who doesn't own a copy of Hitman by the end of this sale is as bad as a war criminal.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Jerusalem posted:

At the slight risk of very minor hyperbole, anybody who doesn't own a copy of Hitman by the end of this sale is as bad as a war criminal.

No no no, ssh, that's how we're gonna find the elusive target this time around. Spot the one guy in the crowd who doesn't own the game.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
https://twitter.com/IOInteractive/status/878219260580868096

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Very cool idea, and I would have liked more ETs to be done this way since it's usually easy to spot unique art assets for an ET unless you're going into a map totally blind.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Could be turned into a cool game mode. Every time you launch a map it's a new target somehow.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

The target is so elusive even IOI can't find him to start the ET

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
This was less interesting than I thought. Unless there's some way to trigger the intel that I'm missing, it's literally just Diana telling you to kill A, B or C after 15 minutes of free roaming

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
I cheesed it by poisoning the wine in the bar, waiting to see if I got the target or non-target killed, then exited when it worked.

Got 11th on the global leaderboards with a time of 2:27.

The Mash posted:

This was less interesting than I thought. Unless there's some way to trigger the intel that I'm missing, it's literally just Diana telling you to kill A, B or C after 15 minutes of free roaming

Accessing the Director's computer in his office gets you the intel immediately.

qbert fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jun 23, 2017

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

qbert posted:

I cheesed it by poisoning the wine in the bar, waiting to see if I got the target or non-target killed, then exited when it worked.
Yeah due to no consequences for killing the wrong guy and the restart still being available this is basically one of the hardest ETs to fail. Restart if you get seen by the chef enforcer or the wrong guy was assigned to that spot and the instant it actually does work will be SA. If you're concerned about SAs or not failing now that we're down to the wire I would strongly recommend cheesing it because it's guaranteed to work eventually and if it fails in any capacity you can restart and it's almost impossible to fail after the kill as long as you head for a nice unenforced exit (helicopter or cable car, just watch out for the director).

I did it the normal way and still managed SA (albeit slightly riskier than the poison route) in just a few minutes, starting as a Surgeon to get the info and then dropping a light fixture on the guy.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Where are these hospital records?

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

the director's office, i just started as a surgeon with disposable scramblers and ran right up there. annoyingly if you're, say, listening to a podcast and miss diana's line there doesn't appear to be a way to view the intel again.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Jay Rust posted:

On the Director's computer. People who have played the PS4-exclusive mission would be familiar with that as it's a conditional interactive object they've used before. I was disappointed that it wasn't in the room with the actual surgeon who does facial reconstruction, because I think that makes more sense.

Also even if you don't get the records, Diana will tell you which guy is the target after about 15 minutes, so just being patient you shouldn't make any mistakes even if you play blind. No idea if there are any other hints you can find if you listen in on the guys, all I got out of it was them talking about their surgeries in case you couldn't tell who was who.

Kolnikov
Mar 25, 2016

the experience is consummated
Pillbug
First time SA. As people have been saying, it was tough to fail - the longest part of it for me was finding the records, which I found at about minute 14, so... hooray? I got eye guy and after following him around a bit looking for the moment, he leant over a railing and got a free flying lesson. 20 minutes, so definitely not burning up the leaderboards, but fun.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
Guys wanna know how I just failed the ET?

I started in my suite, got a security guard disguise, killed the target without being spotted, paused the game to go pee and put my controller down, the controller slipped down into the couch cushion a bit and unpaused, the Director wandered through and spotted me, got a guard, and I came in right as I was getting my final warning before they gunned me down.

:(

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
HEY GUESS WHO FORGOT TO ERASE THE VIDEO EVIDENCE FOR THE ET STOPPING THEM FROM GETTING A SILENT ASSASSIN? :v:

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Came up with a spiritual sequel to I Know Paris Inside And Out.

I Know Paris Back To Front (Paris-PC): 1-02-2712764-02
Blow up two dudes at the front and back parts of the map. I'm not actually sure which is better to go after first, as there are exits close to both of them. Style points for ICA Space Programming their bodies out of the map, but you shouldn't need that to avoid their bodies being found.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Tumble posted:

Guys wanna know how I just failed the ET?

I started in my suite, got a security guard disguise, killed the target without being spotted, paused the game to go pee and put my controller down, the controller slipped down into the couch cushion a bit and unpaused, the Director wandered through and spotted me, got a guard, and I came in right as I was getting my final warning before they gunned me down.

:(

You got assassinated by gravity.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

started surgeon, got the RFID chip (didn't need it), destroyed evidence, went to director's office, it was the eye guy

wandered around, found the nose guy and the headband guy (why does he have a headband?) before finding the eye guy going for a walk outside

threw a scalpel to the balcony, pushed him, climbed over the balcony and around to the helicopter, left

silent assassin

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Got the SA, if I hadn't hosed up the Colorado one I'd have my Winter Suit now :smith:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Jerusalem posted:

Got the SA, if I hadn't hosed up the Colorado one I'd have my Winter Suit now :smith:
Pressure's on for the last ET then. :v:

This one wasn't as good as I imagined it being, I thought it would be a random existing NPC not one they'd added just for this mission. I guess one of the new NPCs must be hanging around by the cable car or something to begin with, since all the top times are under 30 seconds - I imagine everyone was just repeatedly starting and whacking the guy until he was the right target.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Got this ET but didn't bother with SA. Next month is the last one and assuming I complete that one I'll be one ET shy of the signature suit with gloves. Here's hoping we get a second season in some form and maybe a few more ETs.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Hahahahaha I got spotted throwing my target over a ledge but managed to hit pause and restart right before he actually died

Stuff I noticed:
I had eye guy mostly wandering around the garden with a brief stop in the sauna, ears guy mostly wandering around the sauna as near as I could tell, and nose guy seemed to be in the restaurant, but I think they might rotate between all three. The target I was following stopped in a booth at the bar and made a phone call saying something like "surgery proceeding as planned" so that can be an identifier I think.

When precisely does it prevent you from restarting the mission?

StashAugustine fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jun 24, 2017

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Pilchenstein posted:

Pressure's on for the last ET then. :v:

Final ET forever - Kill Viktor Novikov on the stairs with a proximity explosive without being seen.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Jerusalem posted:

Final ET forever - Kill Viktor Novikov on the stairs with a proximity explosive without being seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH3JGyqIaOE

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Eeeer wossop fweeze army, totally cheesed it and got not only my pajamas but also my winter coat.

Looking forward to cheesing season 2 to unlock the winter clown.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I think I already knew this, but this confirms that I'll be one short of the reward for doing 13 ETs. It's not an interesting looking suit or anything but still that kinda bugs me. Hopefully the same count continues into whatever Season 2 ends up being.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
As someone who has only recently bought the game, hearing about ETs and suit unlocks makes me sad :(

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

As someone who has only recently bought the game, hearing about ETs and suit unlocks makes me sad :(

Don't worry. You just need one suit: Santa. And he's still around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That was a fantastic watch.