Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
The hardest part of doing a "not getting caught" Sapienza kill everyone run for me was the bodyguards in the balcony cafe down by the harbor. Eventually I was able to coin all of them near the clothing store one-by-one but it took a while.

I'm kinda dying to do a Striker-heavy run on a level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

You can take out that whole squad with one FE

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Mister Adequate posted:

e; Those were almost all hatchet kills, plus a few thrown knives and one shooting (The person cleaning the large clothes store beneath the mansion, as I had no lockpick).

Couldn't find a crowbar?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Mzbundifund posted:

Couldn't find a crowbar?

Ah, but my goon dwemer, you mistake me for someone who isn't a goddamn idiot :downs:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Mister Adequate posted:

47 decided to try a different approach in Sapienza.

e; Those were almost all hatchet kills, plus a few thrown knives and one shooting (The person cleaning the large clothes store beneath the mansion, as I had no lockpick).

I thought wiping out Colorado was tough enough, I can't even imagine trying that with Sapienza :stare:

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Well I'm embarassed by how long I worked on that slam dunk feat.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

I thought wiping out Colorado was tough enough, I can't even imagine trying that with Sapienza :stare:

colorado is easiest, just use wicker man

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the new sniper mission was cool

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!
Paris will be a free download on all platforms from tomorrow through January 5th, and everyone who downloads it in that time keeps it forever

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is there a new elusive target yet

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Super No Vacancy posted:

is there a new elusive target yet
The Prince returns to Sapienza on the 15th. You'll have 10 days.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

sick that's today. whats a good prince kill

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Super No Vacancy posted:

sick that's today. whats a good prince kill

Opioid overdose apparently

Aug 24, 2011

if i remember correctly, you're not allowed in the church for this one. i like how this target marked the start of different rules for areas while the ET was active.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I saw someone SA it by standing on the right side of the entrance to the church, wait for the guard to turn his head, then slide in right behind them and wait behind the pillar, snipe the chandelier when the Prince is passing under it, then bust out the way you came. I’m sure there’s better ways though.

Aug 24, 2011

ok, it took 45 minutes but i eventually got a 4 minute SA on this. method:

started at harbour (you can't start in the church coffin) with lockpick and breaching charges, with lethal syringe as a pickup in the confessional booth. i ran towards the mortuary area and picked the lock to it - it's not guarded, just a church staff guy who's taking a phone call ("I won't be home for dinner tonight" he says) - then lure the mortuary bodyguard inside and take his clothes

from there i went into the church proper; the target will be wandering around up here, and will go down to the crypts. i got my syringe, went downstairs and picked the lock to the priest's room, destroyed the evidence and took the spare priest clothes. the priest himself should be coming out of the crypts around now, but he won't go into his room. after that i dropped a breach charge on the stairs and waited for the target to notice it, and tell his single enforcer guard (sees through bodyguard disguise, but not priest disguise) to dispose of the weapon. then i bumped the target a couple of times until his guard went away, jabbed him with the syringe, then left through the crypt side door and exited via the speedboat

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
All Bodyguards on the map have the same access privileges so I just yoinked one of the guys below the Safe House and skirted the enforcers until I could get inside. Drop a gun so his primary (and enforcing) bodyguard leaves and then FE bomb him. Not quite as hard as advertised but the guard coverage is really good and there are multiple frisk spots for Church Staff but none for Bodyguard.

With this, I finally have 13 ETs finished and have the Signature Suit w/ Gloves! That completes the collection. Was it all worth it in the end? No. Hell no.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Ugh, managed to kill him all silent assassin like but just bumbled into one of the church workers on the way out like an idiot and got the white exclamation mark over his head, I assume that's what stopped me getting SA anyway, can't think what else it would have been.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
I got the winter suit last ET, so I've totally given up on trying for SA if it's inconvenient. I also had a weird bug where the Cardinal wasn't moving from outside the mortuary doors, so I just threw the Pale Duck and got the hell out of there.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I wish Euler13 had posted a full video of the prince's patrol. It'd help my planning a lot.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Kinda disappointed. The stairwell guard tells him it's not safe to climb the bell tower, but if you get rid of that guard the target never even mentions going up. Really wanted to push him over the edge, but not enough to tediously lure him up there.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

After about the fourth time he took ten minutes to get to the crypt, I just said gently caress it to the SA and blew his head off.

gently caress I hate random pathing.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
There's a free church key and church staff disguise in a third floor apartment just behind the clown. You can get them without a lockpick by exiting your safe house onto the roof and dropping down to your right, then running along a few balconies.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Mzbundifund posted:

There's a free church key and church staff disguise in a third floor apartment just behind the clown. You can get them without a lockpick by exiting your safe house onto the roof and dropping down to your right, then running along a few balconies.

Sapienza is so densely packed it's ridiculous. I'm nearly at full mastery and I just discovered you can get a free mansion security disguise in that apartment where you kill the cultist during patient zero, completely eliminating the need to start on that couch next to the girl doctor surrounded by enforcers.

Probably why they reused it like four times.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I still like the couch start because you can quickly disable the camera system. You can just run by the enforcer and through the window.

Then run by him again down the stairs, plenty of time before he recognizes you.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Ended up knocking out the bodyguard and the priest in the cellar then just snapping the Cardinal's neck because I meant to emetic syringe him and fatfingered on pulling it out. Still got SA though so fine with me!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Thought for sure I was going to blow that one, I separated the target from their bodyguard but the priest kept showing up/getting in the way. When I finally managed to kill the target, the bodyguard was coming around the corner as I managed to tuck the corpse away in the surveillance room. Then I basically just hoofed it for the speedboat to escape before that loving priest walked back in there, and got it.

I'm so glad we get a shot at the ones we missed.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
I’m sorry that no one rid you of that turbulent priest.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

I’m sorry that no one rid you of that turbulent priest.

nice

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Wolfsheim posted:

Sapienza is so densely packed it's ridiculous. I'm nearly at full mastery and I just discovered you can get a free mansion security disguise in that apartment where you kill the cultist during patient zero, completely eliminating the need to start on that couch next to the girl doctor surrounded by enforcers.

Probably why they reused it like four times.
While Showstopper is the best mission in the series, Sapienza is the best map. It has limitless potential, which is why it's one of the most popular user contract maps in addition to having four regular missions, none of which feel the same. Even cutting a quarter of it out (the mansion/lab are not in the other versions), there's still so much to it in every little area.

I desperately want The Author available for Contracts Mode because it's Sapienza, the contracts on it are bound to be radical.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Concept: Marrakech but I'm not poo poo at it.

Also when the hell does Zaydan eat anything so I can poison it for this one challenge?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

You can poison a plate of food out in the streets with a sleeping waiter in a chair next to it. Wake the waiter and he'll take the plate to Zaydan.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Dabir posted:

You can poison a plate of food out in the streets with a sleeping waiter in a chair next to it. Wake the waiter and he'll take the plate to Zaydan.

Sick, thanks goonfriend!

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Dabir posted:

Yeah, Zaydan will not consume anything except his meal, and the meal will never be delivered unless the waiter wakes up. It's the easiest poison kill in the game though, as his food is unattended in a non-trespassing area.

There is a wine glass in Zaydan's office, but he'll never drink from it. Strandberg will, though.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I don’t know, I still think Paris is my most favorite of the maps. Maybe it’s more James Bond than Agent 47 But I really love the atmosphere of infiltrating the closed-doors high society. Hokkaido wins points for that too.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

KillHour posted:

I still like the couch start because you can quickly disable the camera system. You can just run by the enforcer and through the window.

Then run by him again down the stairs, plenty of time before he recognizes you.

Doesn't the lab start you like 30 feet from the camera system? Wait, do levels actually have multiple surveillance systems on different circuits or whatever :psyduck:

Also, regarding the current elusive target, is this scripting just hosed up? I tried to study his route a la the politician and he ended up standing motionless just outside the church side entrance with five bodyguards for like 5+ min.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
I had the same problem, solved it by dropping a gun in front of the target so his guards would pick it up and bring it back to the security box. This restarted his script!

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Wolfsheim posted:

Doesn't the lab start you like 30 feet from the camera system? Wait, do levels actually have multiple surveillance systems on different circuits or whatever :psyduck:.
They used to have different camera circuits but it was buggy so an early patch linked them all.

Which is really a shame as it's a bit silly you can disable the security system in say the church and have the main house go black too.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Nakar posted:

All Bodyguards on the map have the same access privileges so I just yoinked one of the guys below the Safe House and skirted the enforcers until I could get inside. Drop a gun so his primary (and enforcing) bodyguard leaves and then FE bomb him. Not quite as hard as advertised but the guard coverage is really good and there are multiple frisk spots for Church Staff but none for Bodyguard.

With this, I finally have 13 ETs finished and have the Signature Suit w/ Gloves! That completes the collection. Was it all worth it in the end? No. Hell no.

I entered through the morgue, knocked out the staff dude there just for safety's sake, lured a bodyguard in to get his disguise, took out surveillance, then left a FE and breaching charge tucked in the left corner of that mausoleum the target stops at every time he circles the yard. No muss, no fuss. I kept just barely missing him at all the convenient opportunities, so it took about 10 minutes longer than necessary.

And I got the Winter Suit! :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Got SA on the Prince last night, but it took way longer than it should have due to his jankiness and random pathing.

Probably a variation of what most people did; lured his bodyguard to the weapon room by dropping my custom 5mm that bypasses frisk detection, stole his outfit, choked out the wandering priest in the surveillance room to keep him off the stairs and then lethally injected him on his way back up from the crypt. Not too bad, but I spent probably 30+ min trying to setup a funny toilet drowning death with the emetic syringe and getting hosed over when he either ran to puke in the sewers past some enforcers or by trying to do it upstairs and getting caught by guards or church staff. Ah well.

This also unlocked the absolution suit with gloved for me since it's my fifth ET, but I don't even have the absolution suit without gloves, so it seems kinda odd.