Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!

Mister Adequate posted:

I made my very first contract!

Version: PC
Name: Strike the Match
Contract ID: 1-06-1482257-36

Nothing special, just an assortment of four targets around the place. Was fun going around doing it nonetheless!

Fake edit; And I just noticed I misspelled "Morocco" in the mission description and there doesn't seem to be a way to edit it :shepicide:
"All shots must hit an NPC", yet one of the targets has to be killed by a fire accident. Which makes this not exactly impossible but really annoyingly difficult.

And that is why those new insta-fail restrictions they implemented are poo poo.

At first you think, hey that's pretty cool and then you realize it's just some really really annoying poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Is the new ET up yet?

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

No it isn't and I was also wondering about it. My guess is that they'll activate it next week or the week after.
Square Enix is a Japanese company, and despite the fact that Japanese people don't do a lot of vacationing, they apparently take new year's kind of seriously and take time off to celebrate it at the same time as we do (as opposed to the rest of asia which celebrates chinese new year which mostly usually takes place in february).

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Lollerich posted:

No it isn't and I was also wondering about it. My guess is that they'll activate it next week or the week after.
Square Enix is a Japanese company, and despite the fact that Japanese people don't do a lot of vacationing, they apparently take new year's kind of seriously and take time off to celebrate it at the same time as we do (as opposed to the rest of asia which celebrates chinese new year which mostly usually takes place in february).

So you didn't get the news.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

No haven't heard about "the news". What are "the news". Please tell me about "the news".
Thanks in advance for telling me about "the news".

Lollerich fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Dec 31, 2017

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Ok so I just paid 30 quid to get the goty version for patient zero because the upgrade didn't want to work on ps4? I was looking forward to having a go at the bonus episodes too so I shine my shock when I see I still don't have access to them and they're apparently no longer on the ps store. Feeling mighty ripped off right about now!

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Lollerich posted:

No I didn't. What are "the news". Please tell me.
Thanks in advance.

Square enix sold the franchise. They are officially independent.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

Gaius Marius posted:

Square enix sold the franchise. They are officially independent.
That is useful and never before known information that will help us determine when the next elusive target will be available.
This is the best information - thanks Trump Lover Gaius Marius.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Lollerich posted:

That is useful and never before known information that will help us determine when the next elusive target will be available.
This is the best information - thanks Trump Lover Gaius Marius.

Sounds like you got a bit of a chip on your shoulder friendo

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Lollerich posted:

No haven't heard about "the news". What are "the news". Please tell me about "the news".
Thanks in advance for telling me about "the news".

Their early work was a little too new wave for my taste. But when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Dr Cheeto posted:

Their early work was a little too new wave for my taste. But when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically.

Mods, please make this the new thread title.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Dr Cheeto posted:

you know, a scenario of 47 doing all the Bateman kills before he stumbles on them would own

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Or just do Bateman's confession as a trailer.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

erm ... I should have knocked.

double nine fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jan 7, 2018

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Any ideas when the next elusive target arrives?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Lollerich posted:

"All shots must hit an NPC", yet one of the targets has to be killed by a fire accident. Which makes this not exactly impossible but really annoyingly difficult.

And that is why those new insta-fail restrictions they implemented are poo poo.

At first you think, hey that's pretty cool and then you realize it's just some really really annoying poo poo.

That guy doesn't need any fancy trickery to fire accident him; He regularly takes a smoke next to some oil drums so just puncture one with a screwdriver.

(I am not nearly good enough at this game to be pulling off trick shots and poo poo.)

e; Next ET is now on his countdown to arrival and is currently about 80 hours out.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Sininu posted:

Any ideas when the next elusive target arrives?

https://twitter.com/IOInteractive/status/949276403752689665

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

sensation elusive target is up

found it very easy to start as tech crew with claw hammer and lethal poison vial, go into the room with the lone auction staff and take his disguise, then run to the pavilion party (it's unlocked and not trespassing) and poison the vodka glass that the target drinks out of. you have like 1 minute to do this because he'll only drink out of it once, after that you can leave via helicopter

Woodburger
Dec 5, 2004

...Like a thousand other commanders on a thousand other battlefields, I wait for the dawn.
So this is my first Elusive Target. I was able to kill The Sensation with lethal poison but, like an idiot, on my way to the helicopter got caught for trespassing. I didn't realize you couldn't restart once an objective is complete so while trying to back out of the menu I accidentally quit. I still got credit for the ET under my challenges but of course the home screen says I failed. Don't fat finger your controller!

Also, I like the Elusive targets but I wish I didn't have to wait upwards of 2 weeks for the next one. This one was surprisingly easy.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Heh, I was trying to rush it because he only drinks from that glass once, but there's a way to give your self more time: trigger the fireworks before heading down the stairs, and everyone will pause to gawk at them long enough for you to poison his drink, and (if you're like me and got caught by a camera) go down to the basement to erase the evidence.

Kinda disappointing compared to the neat puzzle of killing the cardinal last time, although I guess it's good that they finally used that part of the Paris map for something other than a weak one-off opportunity. Oh well. One more SA ET makes five, and then begins the loooong wait to get the Bangkok and Colorado suits.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

if you don't rush it is the et still interesting

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
He doesn't seem to go very many places, but he's not hard to kill even if you don't get the poison kill. He responds normally to distractions.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I couldn't get the timing right on the vodka three tries in a row so I said gently caress it and blew up the lamps under the gazebo from the barge. Those four bonus dead people were acceptable losses.

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

where the red fern gropes posted:

sensation elusive target is up

found it very easy to start as tech crew with claw hammer and lethal poison vial, go into the room with the lone auction staff and take his disguise, then run to the pavilion party (it's unlocked and not trespassing) and poison the vodka glass that the target drinks out of. you have like 1 minute to do this because he'll only drink out of it once, after that you can leave via helicopter

This worked perfectly for me (although I did have to bump him to have enough time to poison the drink, guess I'm just slow). Cheers!

That's my winter suit! Time for some shenanigans on the next ones.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Took me a couple restarts because the poison in the vodka glass trick has the dude glitching into you right before he goes to drink it, but third time's the charm!

Man, I really hope we get some sort of new content this year.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Got him, that just leaves one more for 10 Elusive Targets, two more for 10 Silent Assassin Elusive Targets. Thankfully there are quite a few coming down the line.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
In retrospect it appears clear that the fireworks are the intended way to get the poisoning done. I'm not sure they occurred to anyone at launch.

Aug 24, 2011

a full year about me complaining about needing 13 targets for the signature suit with gloves, i finally have it

i also got a clown suit tho so

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I spiked the guy's vodka glass with poison in front of everyone and still got SA.

I know to expect this sort of thing by now, but it's funny :v:

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
Well, I hosed THAT UP!

Pro tip: Do not blindly run through a crowd with a leaking propane canister.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lareine posted:

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Lareine posted:

Well, I hosed THAT UP!

Secondary tip: Do not attempt to use a Disposable Scrambler on a card lock while carrying a leaking propane canister either.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Nakar posted:

Secondary tip: Do not attempt to use a Disposable Scrambler on a card lock while carrying a leaking propane canister either.

oh my god lmao

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Why are you all carrying leaking gas canisters?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

pre-shooting your canister can save you having to line up 2 shots for your portable accident, or maybe people just love roleplaying 47 as Wile E Coyote

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Blasmeister posted:

pre-shooting your canister can save you having to line up 2 shots for your portable accident, or maybe people just love roleplaying 47 as Wile E Coyote
It also allows you to use The Big One to set the propane off without suspicion. Technically you can detonate propane and FEs without leaking but the radius is much more forgiving when propane is leaking.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It is kind of a shame that Silent Assassin is so important for the Elusive Targets, since a guy like The Sensation I almost felt needed to be killed in as public a manner as possible to prevent his presence at the show being covered up. Also why it would be great to have the post-assassination newspapers return.

On the plus side, I actually got to hear what Novikov says when the fireworks go off early for the first time. He's so pissed :xd:

Aug 24, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

It is kind of a shame that Silent Assassin is so important for the Elusive Targets, since a guy like The Sensation I almost felt needed to be killed in as public a manner as possible to prevent his presence at the show being covered up. Also why it would be great to have the post-assassination newspapers return.

On the plus side, I actually got to hear what Novikov says when the fireworks go off early for the first time. He's so pissed :xd:

it's also pretty great how dahlia is laughing about how mad he is

"Hello, Viktor!"

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Blasmeister posted:

Alternately, the ol' breaching charges propane bomb trick was how I pulled it off. A shame the poison timing is so demanding, since the target even barks about wanting lobster from the kitchen so often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

where the red fern gropes posted:

it's also pretty great how dahlia is laughing about how mad he is

"Hello, Viktor!"

Haha yeah, I'd heard her end of things from doing that double-kill challenge but never Viktor before. Their sheer hatred for each other is so great.