Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Has anyone else instinctively started a kill 'em all run on Sgeir?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Loomer posted:

Has anyone else instinctively started a kill 'em all run on Sgeir?
Sneak up to the penthouse and dress up as a knight first. You'll thank me later.

It's interesting that there are disguises that actually alter gameplay slightly on that map. The Musician outfit slightly obscures your vision when in that disguise, and in the (penthouse disguise) Knight Armor you can't crouch, vault, or climb.

EDIT: Regarding throwing mines and stuff at people, this might be a bug but enjoy it for now. Also, the Exploding Phone can be thrown at people, which vastly increases its value: non-illegal audio lure + placeable lure + thrown object lure + thrown knockout is a pretty swank combination for one loadout slot.

Nakar fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Nov 11, 2018

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

The syringes don't count as a body found? Because I poisoned someone with sedative in food and it said body found when he fell down.

Unconscious bodies count, but poison and accident kills don't, even if they say "body found".

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Dabir posted:

Unconscious bodies count, but poison and accident kills don't, even if they say "body found".
Unless you leave too fast? Not sure if they fixed it for 2.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It took a lot of save scumming, trial and error, throwing various objects and at one point getting impatient and blowing the bloody doors open and being amused at the underreaction to the explosion, but I got Silent Assassin, Suit Only on Marrakesh story mission from zero mastery.

47's status in the embassy is interesting; wearing his suit, he's technically trespassing but no one but security notices.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I'm a bit annoyed that they put too much stuff to do in the missions, makes it hard to go for the elite challenge level when I have to kill three people on a single save. Two targets (with no gimmick "destroy the virus" stuff) was a good balance, and there's like two levels in this game with two targets and nothing more.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Needs more things where you can get twofers or, always amusing, get one target to kill the other.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Do people have the game already? I thought it was supposed to come out the 13th?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Gold edition players got it unlocked on Friday

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

ymgve posted:

Gold edition players got it unlocked on Friday
Thursday if you got it on PC.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Gaz-L posted:

:( The game keeps crashing when I try to put a bomb in Sierra's car.

Same. I just made a save right before to keep until a patch comes.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Pirate Jet posted:

Has anyone else noticed there’s an enforcer in Paris that sees through... the default tuxedo? He’s in the bar area.

There's an annoying guy on Sgail that sees through the Ark Society disguise even if you follow the story to get it legitimately :argh:

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Needs more things where you can get twofers or, always amusing, get one target to kill the other.
On Mumbai, you can contrive to get the hapless rival assassin to kill two of the three targets for you.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

This game is the loving best. Three more seasons of this, please.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Nov 11, 2018

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I like how in Sgail that you're essentially out to kill two Lara Crofts and one of them dated Nathan Drake.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Game doesn't come out (for me) until Tuesday but I don't even care about spoiling myself. Game's gonna rule :allears:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Nakar posted:

On Mumbai, you can contrive to get the hapless rival assassin to kill two of the three targets for you.

And Miami has pushing Robert off the ledge on to the final straight right as Sierra's coming down.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Did my first SASO ever on Miami; this is way less interesting than playing around with the disguises and opportunities they design these levels around. I was pretty surprised that Sierra's assistant wasn't an enforcer. I was able to walk right up to her facing her and then clock her with a brick from behind before killing Sierra with a screwdriver.

Finally gave up and turned texture settings to low; the game's still choppy but it runs better.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

:lol: the secret exit on miami

spoiler video

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
Guy at the muffin stand keeps repeating the same dialogue about going to see Helen but never actually goes. I'm pretty sure there's another uniform in the house but what if I wanted to hunt down an innocent muffin stand man and take his clothes instead, huh?

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

repiv posted:

spoiler video

drat. And I thought Hitman being a drummer was impressive. He truly is a jack of all trades.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

repiv posted:

spoiler video

Another one for the ICA's "We will never discuss this, ever. Though we might prank trainees with it" files, going alongside the kaiju and ding ding ding vroom vroom vroom from the last game, I see.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

repiv posted:

spoiler video

gently caress RDR2, game of the year right here.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?

Lareine posted:

Guy at the muffin stand keeps repeating the same dialogue about going to see Helen but never actually goes. I'm pretty sure there's another uniform in the house but what if I wanted to hunt down an innocent muffin stand man and take his clothes instead, huh?

There is something to distract the muffin seller on one of his tables, walk around them.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

UnknownMercenary posted:

Did my first SASO ever on Miami; this is way less interesting than playing around with the disguises and opportunities they design these levels around.

I like SASO's because they feel like a final exam. You go through the other challenges learning the ins and outs of the environment, all the ways you can take people out, the vulnerabilities and openings, and everyone' behavior. Then you lose the relative safety of the disguises and have to resort to your knowledge, your skills, and how loving cool you look doing it all in a suit.

Probably the most memorable SASO run for me was Colorado, because your suit can't work ANYWHERE in that location, so the entire run is a big stealth challenge and you have to get really clever with navigating it.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

In Sapienza the detective is bugged to notice 47 in his suit even in normal non trespassing places.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Seems like they nerfed extinguishers. I'm trying to do Colorado SA/SO; but the little one under the table where Sean stands talking about Nitro doesn't even kill him anymore.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Fat_Cow posted:

Seems like they nerfed extinguishers. I'm trying to do Colorado SA/SO; but the little one under the table where Sean stands talking about Nitro doesn't even kill him anymore.

It's a concussive blast now.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

cheesetriangles posted:

In Sapienza the detective is bugged to notice 47 in his suit even in normal non trespassing places.

I thought he was supposed to just be really good at his job

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!

cheesetriangles posted:

That's not a bug, it's always been like that.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

OK, I think I might have surpassed Discendo Vox in terms of being a lore nerd: I was pissed off by the fact that Alma Reynard and Wazir Kale didn't have bios in the mission briefing screen (since they are not marked as targets when the mission starts) and was delighted to find that once they become targets their bios are available in the pause menu and map screen.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Is there a half decent summary of all of the ins and outs of the plot from the last one somewhere? I probably missed a ton of incidental dialogue from the last one.

Also it seems a bit of a missed opportunity on IO's part that there isn't a way to upgrade the standard preorder to Gold. I've unexpectedly got a free day tomorrow and would have been quite happy spending a bit more to get an early unlock along with the season pass. Can't imagine I'm the only one who feels this way.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Nov 11, 2018

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I want to pick this up but I'm really busy for the next few days. What's the latest I can get it and still kill sean bean?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The Elusive Target doesn't go live until next Tuesday, and the usual norm is that they last for about a week, so you probably have until the 27th.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

cheesetriangles posted:

I always liked the implication that ol' Sal Falcone had heard rumors of a bald, barcoded assassin who likes killing people in Sapienza.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Are you sure, game?

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
^^^ The painting in the background doesn't help much either. The woman has...interesting tastes.

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

Is there a half decent summary of all of the ins and outs of the plot from the last one somewhere? I probably missed a ton of incidental dialogue from the last one.

Also it seems a bit of a missed opportunity on IO's part that there isn't a way to upgrade the standard preorder to Gold. I've unexpectedly got a free day tomorrow and would have been quite happy spending a bit more to get an early unlock along with the season pass. Can't imagine I'm the only one who feels this way.

Oh, you weren't. I went and asked for a refund of the Standard Edition just so I could get the Gold edition.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Accordion Man posted:

Thursday if you got it on PC.

Or pirated it, since the word is that the Denuvo protection was cracked pretty much immediately.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Kanfy posted:

Or pirated it, since the word is that the Denuvo protection was cracked pretty much immediately.

It was barely cracked, the game technically runs but it can only load the Hitman 1 prologue missions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

repiv posted:

It was barely cracked, the game technically runs but it can only load the Hitman 1 prologue missions.

Doesn't stop people crying for the immediate removal of Denuvo and unlockages for the regular preorderers.