Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Winklebottom posted:

Then what the devil happended here

A buggery-do, I'd suggest asking IoI about it, might simply be a bug for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Do these really only last two weeks? They made a cutscene and everything...

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Steve2911 posted:

Do these really only last two weeks? They made a cutscene and everything...

Usually it's only a few days.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Elusive Targets used to be only three days per but they upped it to a week and then to ten days. With this one they’ve upped it again to two weeks.

koren
Sep 7, 2003

Winklebottom posted:

Then what the devil happended here

This also happened to me.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

koren posted:

This also happened to me.

I checked the support forum and several others have reported it. Hopefully we get a fix soon.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
You fools, you fell for it and killed his body double. No unlock for you!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Is there a reliable way to do the overflowed sink distraction - strangle routine now?
I am sometimes able to do that but a lot of the times the NPC would just turn 180 degrees and I end up doing the face punch thing instead which is not compatible with SA rankings, unfortunately.

Also, will I still get an SA rating if the target's body gets found but the killing method was an accident?

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Pirate Jet posted:

Elusive Targets used to be only three days per but they upped it to a week and then to ten days. With this one they’ve upped it again to two weeks.

I'm glad they upped it because I'm leaving the country for almost 2 weeks in December and don't want to miss one. I think it'd be cool to allow players to replay elusive targets if they succeed at it. I hate knowing that I miss a bunch of dialog or assassination opportunities even when I complete an elusive target.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Pirate Jet posted:

I would hella not mind it if they had a rotating roster of ETs twice a week honestly. They've already got a backlog of 26 or so from Season 1 after all.
(Though they've likely got to update + QA them all.)

Let these high profile, season 2 ones roll for 2 weeks a piece like this one is, but have existing ones shuffle through as a bonus thing in addition.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Jack Trades posted:

Is there a reliable way to do the overflowed sink distraction - strangle routine now?
I am sometimes able to do that but a lot of the times the NPC would just turn 180 degrees and I end up doing the face punch thing instead which is not compatible with SA rankings, unfortunately.

Also, will I still get an SA rating if the target's body gets found but the killing method was an accident?

Well, you could see if you could break the mirror first, so that they don't see your reflection? (Not sure if that works, actually.)

I usually just bean them from a distance to avoid them reacting to me sneaking up to them. Just stand a bit off to the side, or something.

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

Hey. Is it just me, or do my balls itch?
Were the earphones in the "backstage" area of the downstairs expo in the Kronstadt building always there, or are they just for the Elusive Target?

They put a lot of bespoke work into this one, a unique opportunity and everything. That was cool!

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Jack Trades posted:

Are they seeing you in the mirror? Stay crouched. I have had the problem but I almost never have it if I wait for them to turn the tap off and am not visible in the mirror.

Jack Trades posted:

Yes. Accident and Poison Kills specifically do not count against your rating or score if the body is found. You will get a notification via picture-in-picture if the body gets found, but it doesn't actually count. Make sure the score tracker actually says it was an Accident/Poison kill though.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

SubNat posted:

Well, you could see if you could break the mirror first, so that they don't see your reflection? (Not sure if that works, actually.)

I usually just bean them from a distance to avoid them reacting to me sneaking up to them. Just stand a bit off to the side, or something.

Nakar posted:

Are they seeing you in the mirror? Stay crouched. I have had the problem but I almost never have it if I wait for them to turn the tap off and am not visible in the mirror.

There are a lot of small bathrooms where the closet is facing the mirror and there's literally no way to hide in there other than that.
For example right now I'm struggling with using the toilet that's right next to where Faba holds his meeting.

Nakar posted:

Yes. Accident and Poison Kills specifically do not count against your rating or score if the body is found. You will get a notification via picture-in-picture if the body gets found, but it doesn't actually count. Make sure the score tracker actually says it was an Accident/Poison kill though.

Neat. Is there any way to see if I have failed SA yet or not during the mission or do I have to finish the mission first to find out whether or not I succeeded?

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Is there anyway to stop playing ghost mode on miami good god

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Just tested it, shooting mirrors doesn't do anything. It just fractures them but you can still be seen.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Jack Trades posted:

Punch glitch has been in the game forever. I'm not entirely sure if it's a real glitch or if it comes when the target turns their head just enough to change it from subdue to punch. Best advice I can give is to try and be careful, come right up directly behind them while crouching, and mind the timing so they're not right about to turn around. And save scum.

And never try to strangle someone on stairs- it will always turn into a punch.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Bakanogami posted:

Punch glitch has been in the game forever. I'm not entirely sure if it's a real glitch or if it comes when the target turns their head just enough to change it from subdue to punch. Best advice I can give is to try and be careful, come right up directly behind them while crouching, and mind the timing so they're not right about to turn around. And save scum.

And never try to strangle someone on stairs- it will always turn into a punch.

Try to use non-lethal melee items as well, I have a much better success rate using those. They're also silent and faster than strangling. I always make sure to carry a hammer/wrench/fish/cocaine brick around for that purpose.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

So is it possible to use rooms like these

to pick off people without leaving witnesses?

The closet (on the right) is right in front of a mirror and the sink and you can't crouch when exiting a closet.
Either I'm doing something wrong or you will always get spotted through the mirror when trying to exit the closet.

EDIT: Nevermind right after I posted this I think I found a solution.
While exiting the closet you can mash the crouch button and you'll barely avoid getting spotted by the skin of your teeth.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Nov 20, 2018

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

The closet (on the right) is right in front of a mirror and the sink and you can't crouch when exiting a closet.
Either I'm doing something wrong or you will always get spotted through the mirror when trying to exit the closet.

Haven't tried one with that specific layout but couldn't you follow them in there while crouching and then knock them out with a non-lethal melee item? I don't think they'll spot you when crouching

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Jack Trades posted:

While exiting the closet you can mash the crouch button and you'll barely avoid getting spotted by the skin of your teeth.

If you're using the overflow sink thing, theres a portion of the "fix that" animation where they bend down under the sink. I haven't tried, but i wouldn't be surprised if they can't see the mirror at that point.

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

Managed to blow myself the gently caress up with a mine when I tried to throw it as a distraction for the Elusive Target :ughh:

Now I feel really unenthused about playing the game because I have this giant black mark on my profile. God it sucks having brainworms.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

nexus6 posted:

Am I the only one underwhelmed by this? It just looks like 'default suit BUT WITH GLOVES!!1!' for the locations. Stuff like the santa suit was pretty unique and I regret not getting it, but I don't think i'll mind particularly if I miss any of these.

edit: patch notes

Sean 2 LOL even IOI dunking on the poor fucker

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Lightningproof posted:

Managed to blow myself the gently caress up with a mine when I tried to throw it as a distraction for the Elusive Target :ughh:

Now I feel really unenthused about playing the game because I have this giant black mark on my profile. God it sucks having brainworms.

Make a new steam account and rebuy the game, imo

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
I did 3 or 4 scouting runs of the ET when I found the detonator for the bomb in the lab. The Undying called it a small explosive, so I thought triggering it would only kill him. Turns out, it killed like 3 people. Whoops! But hey, at least he's for sure dead and DEFINITELY won't be back

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
I HAVE MURDERED SEAN PENN

Took out Engineer in Coat Check-in
Aaaaand then my Video Card hosed up and I had to restart my computer.
Start over, repeat, enter meeting.
Meeting ends. Swipe keycard from reception.
Use keycard to get into maintenance. Take out lady engineer. Then Security on balcony. Take his disguise.
Also I take some apricots.
Climb out window near maintenance, climb up to second floor.
Get Mark Faba file from Office 2A
Go into Server Room, get Stryker (You never know) and destroy evidence.
Jump down from balcony to floor below.
Go into research lab, into adjacent room, take out researcher, stuff into closet, take his clothes.
Scan Mark Faba file to Android.
Blend in as researcher.
Wait.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

If they're close enough to the door you can just open it and then throw something to get their attention, also. Usually more reliable than the sink thing.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Jack Trades posted:

You can also just press yourself against the wall to the side of the door as they walk in. 9 times out of 10 they walk in and turn away and never notice you. I was blindsided when I first did it and now it's part of my general strategy.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

Nevermind nevermind. Actually I'm very dumb and didn't notice a small but important gameplay mechanic.
You exit the closet into the same stance you had when you entered the closet, so if you were crouched when you entered the closet you will instantly and automatically crouch when you exit the closet which will prevent you from being seen in that scenario.

In other news.

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy
I think the way I did the target was pretty easy and simple.
-knockout the engineer in the coat check and take his disguise. Hide him in the closet
-shoot the camera from coat check
-Go to the meeting
-After the meeting go through the back side of the room with the android that can kill Knox . Go out to the balcony and climb up the pipe
- go to the room on your left and shut off the power.
-Wait for the researcher to come turn the power on. Knock him out and take his disguise. Drag him away from the pit if he is to close
-Grab the ID in Knox's office. I had to wait for the guard to go look out the window
-Scan his face into the android in the lab
-escape the way you came in.

Easy SA

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'd just hide behind the door. Doors always open inwards, and they even fixed it so you can close doors from where you're hidden without having to circle around to where the door is open. Might as well make use of it.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I loving love that he does the chair thing.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Sean Bean is definitely coming back as The Undying (Again) and I can't wait.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Bakanogami posted:

I'd just hide behind the door. Doors always open inwards

This is not true from experience last night, it's inconsistent some times from map to map

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
Regarding Sean Bean: I just watched a youtube video where the user sniped him from the media box at the track, and the "target eliminated" notification popped. But then the "eliminate the target" notification reappeared in the upper left and he wasn't able to complete the mission. Was this a bug, or some body-double fuckery?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

gently caress I really want to unlock the broadsword and kill Sean Bean that way.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Just SAed Sean Bean after one reset.

I just knocked out everyone in the lab and then just gave him the old pen in the eye when I was alone with him.

That was a really in-depth Elusive Target and if they kept this level of quality up for the ETs that would be amazing.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Funky Valentine posted:

gently caress I really want to unlock the broadsword and kill Sean Bean that way.

Well there is a battle-axe in the gym on the top floor if you insist on going all GoT on him

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
My sean bean kill was so boring and simple I missed all the flavor, I guess i can only blame myself. Go through the employee gate, knock out the one guard and free access to the floor sean's on. he stops in the room overlooking the race for a long time so i coined+choked every scientist in the room adjacent, then both his body guards and stabbed him with a screwdriver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Connoisseur
Oct 2, 2010

"Every minute we waste could be the difference between a soldier goin' home alive or goin' home in a bag."
Doing the Elusive Target wasn't too complicated. I just lured two body guards from the meeting room with the bathroom sink (waiting until they sponge up the water to avoid the mirror reflection) and then poisoned the coffee. The other people in the room aren't close enough to spot the drink tampering.