Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Jeoh posted:

I really enjoy the escalations up to the point where they're like "Here's some hidden mines!". Worst gimmick.

That was my gimmick in reverse when they started the 'Hot Disguise' trick. Oh, I can't wear it for more a minute and you want me to kill targets on opposite sides of the map?
Fine, I'll knock them both out and hide mines at their feet. I've only got to wear the outfit for the 5 seconds it takes to press the detonator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

where the red fern gropes posted:

i hope they re-release them after fixing the retarded bullshit like breach charge next to a fire extinguisher

That at least taught me how to use the Breaching Charge for more than just doors, like setting off gas tanks and barrels.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I've been doing a bunch of Paris escalations to prep for the elusive target. Most have been fun, but gently caress any of them that have landmines or tripwires.

The landmines actually aren't that bad - once you realize a few things:
They show up in instinct!
They are only in one area!
They have a pretty limited range if you're walking!

After I figured those out it only took like two tries to pass through the final escalation levels with mines.

Tripwires can gently caress right off, though, being goddamn invisible no matter what and every drat place. I worked through the escalations with them, though, all without getting the disarming device. Even though I facepalmed several times after running into lasers I should have remembered were there.

Overall, the escalations on Paris are pretty forgiving. Its a dense, but small map so starting over never felt like too much of a time sink.

Unlike Sapienza. gently caress you, Dr. Osctard, for walking into an already occupied bathroom to vomit!

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Crappy Jack posted:

It also applies for the easter egg method that drops about ten exploding ducks into the operating theater, which makes that line into the understatement of the year.

Needtoknowmore.gif

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

LordHippoman posted:

Just finished my first run of Colorado.

Colorado is kind of a shitshow the first time with the tension of being outside and needing a way into the highly hostile zone. Once you get a disguise and are in, though, ohhhh the possibilities unfold. As you might expect from an insane paramilitary compound of radical nutjobs, there is a ton of incidental dialog I find fascinating. Also a TON of options for murder and mayhem. Just in the Spec Ops barn alone there are so many delicious ways to kill at least two targets, and I suppose you could snipe the other two from there.

The water tower is better for sniping though.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

double nine posted:

you'll probably want to use the explosive watch or tinker with the explosion mixture for sean.

I dropped a chandelier on him.

Then reloaded the save and blew up his watch.

I am a bad man.

orcane posted:

Sapienza is huge and now I can't find the scientist with the USB dongle, I think I'll have to shut down the virus another way :v:

You have about 6 options. Have you tried dumping bleach on it? Of course, you'd need to get through the glass first with some bullets or a big rock or something.....

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Rochallor posted:

You can also blow them up with breach charges, carry them around unmolested, throw them for a distraction, etc.

There are few things as unique and beautiful as the sound of 47 cold cocking some poor NPC's skull into a bone pinata. So satisfying.

As an aside, lately I've found myself hyperaware of the locations of fire extinguishers wherever I go.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Eggnogium posted:

Well I completed it but bungled SA in multiple ways. Is there any way to get SA without the breaching charge on this one? Seems impossible to open the safe with the key without arousing suspicion.

You just to pacify everyone in the area. That how I accomplished some retarded escalations.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

gtrmp posted:

The only unattended VIP card is inside the VIP section, of course. You can get into the shisha club by climbing over the adjacent rooftop and down a pipe into the bathroom, or you can get in through the locked side door. The key to that door is on the table in the little kitchen area next to the VIP section entrance; if you can't find a way to distract the worker who's parked on top of it without becoming suspicious, you could just pick the lock when nobody's looking. The military elite/officer disguises will also get you into the consulate, though, so you really only need to get into the VIP section if you want to complete the opportunity that needs the cameraman disguise.

Right outside the door to the club in the cafe-ish area with the fountain is a card. Facing the door with the guards look left and you'll see a set of tables with a waiter behind it, a little bar type thing. An invitation is behind there. If you circle around you can vault the waist high wall, grab it, then vault back over.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011
Holy heck in a handbasket, it is impossible to get to this lady with your suit. I tried climbing up the pipe from 47's room and from there you can dart into the kitchen and lure in soldiers with an audio device, but I'll stack six or so bodies and then things go tits up.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011
Well I managed to get Silent Assassin thanks to all your sweet tips and tricks!

Here's what I did:

I started as a surgeon and proceeded through the robo-operating room down into the morgue to grab the virus capsules and take out the recording system.
Then back from the morgue into the Medical Center hallways to await the Surgeon's phone call.
While she was in the hallway I jabbed her with an Emetic syringe - this took three tries to get right.
She proceeded into the bathroom where I gave her the fatal virus jab. From there I was locked in.
I went back down through the morgue and the staff hallways, from there to the restaurant. My timing was on point - I noticed him and his sweater immediately.
He went into the garden, I followed - he made a phone call but he was still near the center of the garden. I waited....
When he went to the railing I gave him a jab. I briefly considered dumping the body but instead booked it for the cable car.
White bathrobe GET!

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Lobok posted:

You noticed him by his sweater but it was the sideburns that I spotted from afar.

I've become hyperaware of 1) Fire extinguishers and 2) Necks.

An addiction to explosions and fibre wire will do that.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

where the red fern gropes posted:

so the thing about hitman games is, they have a plot, and a rich underlying backstory, but it never advertises itself and really isn't relevant

The one time that the story was front and center was Absolution, and everyone can agree that was dog poo poo. God it was so terrible. Sooooo bad.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

Can anyone recommend a good site with written guides or hints for the challenges, I suck at this.

Not so keen on the videos that the kids prefer these days.

The wiki isn't that bad, actually.
http://hitman.wikia.com/wiki/Category:HITMAN%E2%84%A2_challenges

Pair it up with http://hitmanmaps.com/ for more utility.

Also, I loving hate video guides/walkthroughs too.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011
:razz: "Fire extinguishers are for losers. Lemma put a propane tank and breach charge here on the stairs. Also a safe."
:stat: "Oh no! I see a weapon right here, someone get help! I can't possible account all the money with it here."
:razz: "I wonder if he is in range......" *hits button*
:stat: "This shrapnel is not tax deductible!"

Relatively easy Silent Assassin, but fun enough I guess.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Azuth0667 posted:

The sapienza escalations seem a lot tougher than the paris ones so far.

The inability to save combined with a huge map makes every failed attempt eat up so much time.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Zaffy posted:

I never remembered to save when there are unlimited, no big deal to me.

There are no saves, auto or otherwise, on escalations.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Boiled Water posted:

The choice of using Bangkok as one of the scenes does not sit well with me.

Why not?

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011
That escalation where you use the Raven suit and Ghost rifle is so easy, but so fun.

I spent a good half hour luring a chain of guards to that electrocution puddle right near the start, making this massive mound of corpses that got funnier as I stacked them higher.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011
I started in the basement with the Baton and Mixtape 47. Dart into the storage room opposite and start luring guards in, then once you have a disguise you can start dropping weapons by the military radio. That paths every one of the guards by the store room and you can just bap them outside the door and drag them in one by one. When the guards with the target are gone, he'll path to the guards opposite, and once those are gone the target will path by the storerroom himself. Since the Smuggled Item box is in the storeroom, plus a screwdriver, you can pack whatever you want to finish him off.

Then out the fire escape, over the fence, and exit.

I unlocked the Summer Suit with Gloves and I am stoked!

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011
The really broken scripting got me to almost fail The Twin. I mean, I killed him, but it wasn't even close to SA. Like, people were shooting me on the way to the boat.

Some of the early ETs are just really clumsy.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

bradzilla posted:

I'm playing through season 1 doing challenges I never did in my first run. I did "Ghost in the Machine" in Hokkaido last night. It has a freakin Portal cake reference.

That was relevant back in that period

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

khwarezm posted:

It's real shame that I've heard this game sold very poorly since, despite some performance hiccups (and awkward cutscenes), this feels like an absolute high point for the whole franchise now, especially since all the season 1 stuff is packed in too. If it ends up being the last hurrah for Hitman or IOI I'd like to see what they have lined up for the DLC missions since each unique level feels like an entire game onto itself and I'd really like to see if they have entirely new locales lined up to play with instead of tweaked versions of levels I've already played like in the previous game.

I've been hyping this game up to everyone I know and trying to build a positive buzz. I'm hoping that by the holiday the sales will pick up a lot, because IOI has knocked it out of the park with this entry. Its a wholly unique game that delivers on its concept beautifully with wit and charm. Their team had a real challenge on their hands and they executed it perfectly.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Xanderkish posted:

My main gripe with the wetsuit is that 47 wears what appears to be a pair of jeans over it.

Here's hoping IOI gives us a target to assassinate for that crime against fashion

This was my gripe as well, I had always wanted to see how genetically perfect 47 is. :heysexy:

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

I've failed Cheyevo rank 3 four times straight because the guards now detect being shot in the back of the head.

e: Are you serious a duck at these people's feet doesn't kill them gently caress this escalation

A time-consuming but easy method is to use the power-strip and puddle right by the vending machine in the alley. The military guard dies first, and he'll be your lure for the rest of them. If you drop a pistol just outside the alley the slow looping civilian NPCs will spot it, fetch a guard - who sees the body and rushes over, where he gets zapped. Repeat until all your targets have been pulled from the building.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

A lot of people nowadays seem to just bypass scored reviews all together and go by forum consensus, their favourite YouTube personalities or otherwise word of mouth. It's by far the wisest choice. I mean goddamn, it's not like you get decent opinions on television or movies from the newspapers.

That reminds me, I need to write my Steam review and give this glowing praise. I desperately want IOI to make Hitman 3, and I want to avoid any future Absolution fiascos.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Glagha posted:

I'm bad at Hitman. I decided to not get fancy with the ET and just shot him from where I thought was out of view. It was really awkward when I looked to the side and a guard was looking right at me and I then had to shoot my way out. I did escape though! A win's a win. :downs:

Same, except with many awkward restarts until I managed to use the story mission to get upstairs, then zipped over the office by the android lab, lured in a researcher with the Mixtape 47, scooted up the pipe to get Faba's picture, then back downstairs. For a minute I thought it wouldn't go because I disguised myself as Yu, but eventually he walked into the lab and was unfortunately shot by a robot.

Probably needs a 1-day patch.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Mantis42 posted:

The exploding pen is pretty neat in how it is both a pointy thing that kills the target upon being thrown into them, but then also explodes on top of that.

Using it makes me feel like IOI is finally leaning into 47 being a deathwizard.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Zigmidge posted:

No butt looks good in slacks but he could use some improvement in the posterior area for sure.

If I had a dollar for every time this comes up when I'm playing my video games.

We need Agent 47: THICC Assassin.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

"47, the target is currently staying in a nudist colony."

The scripting required to make an entire level an extended Austin Powers opening would be insane, but worth it for the bug reports.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Rothon posted:

Is it not possible to pistol-snipe the virus from outside the containment building in Hitman 2 Sapienza? I used to do it without much trouble in 2016 but it seems like the shots don't make it through the window glass now.

It can be a pain in the neck, but I've done it a few times with the Silverballer.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011
Most of my initial runs end up being successful, but very bloody.

Hey, its my first go round, who cares if half the map dies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

My Marrakesh SASO was a bit ridiculous. Explosives were involved. Also the toilet kill.

I exploited guard weapon pathing to get through the garage. Drop a weapon, use the radio or the like to draw a guard and as they walk by the storage room bonk them on the noggin.

Lethal poison on the plate and electrified railing got me an easy SASO.