Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Dr Cheeto posted:

Here's something that bothers me:

47 is in perfect physical condition. He has immaculate musculature. Why doesn't he have a nice butt?

If he had a big butt he wouldn't be able to fit 6 cans of spaghetti sauce, 10 various knives, 3 handguns, 3 crowbars, 2 lead pipes, a half dozen bricks, 3 soda cans, a random assortment of hypodermic needles, some high explosives, 2 kilos of cocaine, and a few ornamental busts in his pockets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
No butt looks good in slacks but he could use some improvement in the posterior area for sure.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

What the gently caress? In hitman ghost nitroglycerin when thrown at targets' head only causes them to get knocked unconscious? that's a dickmove

e:

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

If he had a big butt he wouldn't be able to fit 6 cans of spaghetti sauce, 10 various knives, 3 handguns, 3 crowbars, 2 lead pipes, a half dozen bricks, 3 soda cans, a random assortment of hypodermic needles, some high explosives, 2 kilos of cocaine, and a few ornamental busts in his pockets.

no fish, 0/10

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

Here's something that bothers me:

47 is in perfect physical condition. He has immaculate musculature. Why doesn't he have a nice butt?
Too conspicuous. Otherwise people would notice and look closer at him.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Croccers posted:

Impeccable physique from the front so people don't focus on his face, disappointing rear end so they forget about him when he walks away.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

double nine posted:

no fish, 0/10

That's just stuff in his pockets. The fish is in his hands.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

drat, I guess it's true. Either you have a lot of junk in the trunk, or you have a lot of junk in the trunk. Can't have it both ways.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

a disposable mustache should be an item as a hail mary option to shake off a single instance of Compromised/Suspicious status

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I'd like a third walking speed where 47 could walk at a faster pace than the current slowest, but not quite as fast as the full walking speed where his arms are swinging around all dramatically.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Zigmidge posted:

No butt looks good in slacks but he could use some improvement in the posterior area for sure.

If I had a dollar for every time this comes up when I'm playing my video games.

We need Agent 47: THICC Assassin.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Croccers posted:

Hokaido Director: "Wait a second...none of our surgeons has an rear end that nice!"

COMPROMISED

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

This is ridiculous. Obviously, 47 would simply store them INSIDE the butt. A lot of junk in the trunk just means you have more trunk for your junk.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

"47, the target is currently staying in a nudist colony."

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

I would only accept this if his rear end grew bigger each time you picked something up

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Winklebottom posted:

I would only accept this if his rear end grew bigger each time you picked something up

In the next patch 47 gets a new ability to stuff unconscious NPCs in his pants.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

RBA Starblade posted:

boss level found

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

The scripting required to make an entire level an extended Austin Powers opening would be insane, but worth it for the bug reports.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

LeJackal posted:

The scripting required to make an entire level an extended Austin Powers opening would be insane, but worth it for the bug reports.

Mastery rank 20 reward: the censor bar

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

LeJackal posted:

The Austin Powers theme always plays in my head when I get spotted and some NPC is like "Hey, what the hell is wrong with y--" right before I smash a fire extinguisher into their face and quickly swap into their clothes.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Everything comes out of 47s lining breast pocket. The only thing he can fit in that rear end is dat rear end.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

RBA Starblade posted:

silent assassin birthday suit only

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

RBA Starblade posted:

47's disguise usually has one part that's physics enabled.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

StashAugustine posted:

silent assassin birthday suit only

Can't wait for the ET to unlock Birthday Suit with Cowboy Hat

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Cojawfee posted:

47's disguise usually has one part that's physics enabled.

:frogon:

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Winklebottom posted:

I would only accept this if eventually 47's rear end grew big enough that you could Katamari Damacy your targets by rolling on them with the weight of your gigantic booty.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Just did the exterminator disguise in Whittleton Creek for the first time and pumping the house full of poison and watching a dozen bodyguards trudge out in single file to go vomit in the creek was absolutely magical

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I made a Mumbai Contract (PS4). ID: 2-13-6105350-48

Kill two targets in the trainyard area optionally using an axe you can find in the metal workers area.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

freebooter posted:

Just did the exterminator disguise in Whittleton Creek for the first time and pumping the house full of poison and watching a dozen bodyguards trudge out in single file to go vomit in the creek was absolutely magical

If you use the fumigation chemicals they all completely black out.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

In the next patch 47 gets a new ability to stuff unconscious NPCs in his pants.

Artist's* rendering:

*"Artist"

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

If you use the fumigation chemicals they all completely black out.

Make sure you do something about the camera though, otherwise there's a good chance you'll get "body spotted" from this.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

So, what are the odds of Sean Bean being a repeating elusive target? The dialogue in the meeting room when you sit down is pretty nice.

'How would you kill me?'
'I'd poison your coffee with an emetic and drown you in the toilet when you go to throw up.'
'I've survived worse.'
*47 poisons the coffee and drowns Sean Bean in the toilet*

On his second appearance he could be explicitly immune to the most popular ways of killing him.

'After the previous attempt at my life, I've learned to breathe with the butt' :smug:
'Bad news, 47, you'll need to fashion a plug out of three frogs, two apricots, a cocaine brick, a screwdriver and a briefcase.'

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I thought that the conversation you have with Sean Bean was there to indicate which murder methods he was immune to so I painstakingly planned an SA method that involved neither of those things. Kinda disappointed to find out that he had no special mechanics at all. :(

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!

StashAugustine posted:

Btw is there anything terribly difficult about the et if you grab the picture, scan it into the android, and wait? seems like an easy SA also is it still buggy with rewards?
It's not a terribly difficult ET at all. I straight up coined him into a bathroom and snapped his neck.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So I picked up the first complete season since it was 8 bucks (I only had Paris and Prologue), since I found out you can play it in Hitman 2 (without even needing to “buy” Hitman 2), what are the exact “upgrades” I’ll get in playing the levels in Hitman 2? I figured I’d play H2016 first and pick up 2’s levels during the Holidays.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

MazelTovCocktail posted:

So I picked up the first complete season since it was 8 bucks (I only had Paris and Prologue), since I found out you can play it in Hitman 2 (without even needing to “buy” Hitman 2), what are the exact “upgrades” I’ll get in playing the levels in Hitman 2? I figured I’d play H2016 first and pick up 2’s levels during the Holidays.

By playing in Hitman 2, at the very least you get to take the items you unlock in the season 1 levels and take them into the season 2 levels. More specific, you get the new features they've added in where people can see you in mirrors, there are changes to how trespassing and being spotted works. Though some things don't work the same way. For instance, fire extinguishers are a concussive blast now, where it was a lethal blast in 1. This breaks a lot of runs you'll find on youtube for season 1. Also, the radius for audio distractions is a lot lower, and that also breaks a lot of runs from season 1.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

You don't get anything from playing it - nothing carries over*. The point is owning it, so you unlock the levels in Hitman 2. If you've never played Hitman 2016 before and plan on playing Hitman 2 anyway, then there is no point in playing Hitman 2016 now. Just play the season 1 content in Hitman 2 instead and start at the beginning.

*exception: if you played Hitman 2016 in 2016 and eliminated (1? maybe more?) elusive targets the first time they were around, you get a special set of coins in Hitman 2

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Beat the ET pretty easy by just slowly emptying out the conference room until I could make him drink rat poison whiskey and kill him in the bathroom.

Do kind of dislike that you can breadcrumb guards away by dropping coin after coin, makes things a bit too easy, I know it's a trope of the games but still, maybe have them refuse to investigate a second noise if it's almost immediately after another.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cojawfee posted:

By playing in Hitman 2, at the very least you get to take the items you unlock in the season 1 levels and take them into the season 2 levels. More specific, you get the new features they've added in where people can see you in mirrors, there are changes to how trespassing and being spotted works. Though some things don't work the same way. For instance, fire extinguishers are a concussive blast now, where it was a lethal blast in 1. This breaks a lot of runs you'll find on youtube for season 1. Also, the radius for audio distractions is a lot lower, and that also breaks a lot of runs from season 1.

Cool I was wondering what the engine changes might lead too.

Lollerich posted:

You don't get anything from playing it - nothing carries over*. The point is owning it, so you unlock the levels in Hitman 2. If you've never played Hitman 2016 before and plan on playing Hitman 2 anyway, then there is no point in playing Hitman 2016 now. Just play the season 1 content in Hitman 2 instead and start at the beginning.

*exception: if you played Hitman 2016 in 2016 and eliminated (1? maybe more?) elusive targets the first time they were around, you get a special set of coins in Hitman 2

Oh that was my plan. I bought the first season so I could just play it using the H2 engine. I only played the Paris level and prologue in H2016 at launch. I was just wondering what the differences in engine would have on gameplay.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lollerich posted:

aw, I never got my coins. And I killed most of them the first time around, and I had at least one SA!

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Oh that was my plan. I bought the first season so I could just play it using the H2 engine. I only played the Paris level and prologue in H2016 at launch. I was just wondering what the differences in engine would have on gameplay.
They made lots of changes and fixed some of the more glaring AI bugs. They also introduced new ones though. Don't worry about it, just enjoy the game as it is now.

Midnight Voyager posted:

aw, I never got my coins. And I killed most of them the first time around, and I had at least one SA!
Yeah, I don't actually know the specifics for getting the ICA coins, I certainly didn't meet the criteria, as I only got the ETs when they came around the second time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Just Chamber posted:

Do kind of dislike that you can breadcrumb guards away by dropping coin after coin
Hah, I literally just got done abusing this to SASO Miami. :v:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUaE_17ALBk