Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

There's going to be an OPEN beta for PS4 on 4th March.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

I assume I'll be wanting to turn off this Opportunities stuff, even as a casual Blood Money fan?

EDIT: Oh, and Hitman Go and Sniper Challenge are cheap on Google Play and Apple Whatever today.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Well gently caress. I'd heard about the disconnection problems but this is ridiculous. Even save scumming doesn't help cos there appears to be a 50% chance going to the save menu boots me off the server. Back to The Division I guess.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Moartoast posted:

I'm also in Canadia land and only had server downtime once since launch. I'm guessing it's a regional thing, as these things usually go, though it really shouldn't be having issues anywhere nearly two weeks after launch, and some folks are still reporting constant disconnects and downtimes.

One-seventh of a singleplayer-only game with fairly static online components really should not be having more server issues than a rushed, buggy Ubisoft pseudo-MMO. Livin' in the future.

Yeah, I dunno what it was. It got better, and I managed a long time playing through the second tutorial level fine in the end. Maybe it was just a hiccup with the UK servers at the time I decided to start playing. I don't think it's my internet, since I managed nine hours of The Division last week with one disconnect (which put me straight back to where I was). Pretty crazy that it's the launch of a Hitman game rather than the crazy popular new MMO that gave me server issues.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Woah, turned Opportunities on for the second tutorial after my first run through just to see how it worked, and it literally plays the game for you.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

I wonder at what point they'll be confident enough with the servers to release the Elusive Target.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Anyone getting input lag with DS4 on PC and ds4windows.

Edit: Actually, I seem to be getting it with mouse, keyboard, the lot.

Or maybe it's cos I've only played Dark Souls 3 for a couple of weeks.

Edit: It's related to vsync. Turning it off gets rid of the lag. That'll do for now I guess.

Junkenstein fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Apr 28, 2016

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Switching to Fullscreen from Exclusive Fullscreen fixed it for me. Tearing was terrible with no vsync.

And thanks for the heads up about native DS4 support.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

While I really like the idea of Elusive Targets, official new custom contracts with their own background is something I wish they'd add minus the elusive bit as well.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Crappy Jack posted:

So here's my question, that I think I know the answer to. Do you just have to kill the target and it automatically counts, or do you have to kill them and then finish the mission as usual and make your escape? I'm guessing it's not as easy as just running up to them and gunning them down in front of their guards to get credit.

If you can get away, I assume that's fine. But that's how history will record your kill.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I think that's part of why it works this time around. It's taking more of a backseat to the individual missions so it's not as heavy-handed as previous games. Absolution was the worst about it but the original game and Hitman 2 both ended up trying too hard to tie all the hits together and it was just like "ugh I don't caaaaare".

Well, there's only been three missions so far. How much plot development was there three missions into Blood Money?

Junkenstein fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Jun 3, 2016

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Don't suppose there's a way to get controller support in Blood Money?

One thing I'm finding with the episodic release is that I come back to the game, play the new level through once, but then go play the old maps. Spent all yesterday afternoon mastering Paris.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Went to play some Blood Money over the weekend and found it just a little bit too dated to enjoy so fired up Absolution instead for some reason. All the complaints still hold (a loving helicopter set-piece, in a Hitman game?) and the tone is, just, wrong, but now that we actually have the new game, I could enjoy it for what it is. Got as far as I did before and will probably go on to finish it. What actual 'contracts' there are come across as even more pathetic in scale and scope now though, in the first half at least. Are there any semi-decent hits in the game at all?

I do like that after the assault on the orphanage, you can play 47 as a death dealing force of murder and not feel bad for once.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

People mention unlocking the remote explosive, is this duck bomb thing I have some exclusive to the version I bought?

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

abagofcheetos posted:

Duck bomb was a preorder bonus. Though, I'm pretty sure you need a "real" remote explosive to plant them in like cameras and stuff - the duck won't work.

Ah, that all make sense.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

I just wish that, if they're willing to go to the effort of creating custom hits that are only around for a couple of days, they'd make the same kind of 'official contracts' that are repayable.

Maybe that leak of Sapienza at night points towards this on an even bigger scale than a new NPC plonked into the world with a little bit of new dialogue, but that could just be wishful thinking.

EDIT

quote:

Yea I imagine the plan is to build up 8 or 10 elusive targets and then just continuously rotate them so there's one active pretty much every day or every other day.

I think there's a good chance we'll eventually get another go at these, but all word from the devs so far, I believe, has been 'nope, that would go against the whole point of Elusive Targets'.

Junkenstein fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jun 9, 2016

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Yes! Exactly the type of stuff i hoped they do.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Zaffy posted:

Can you exit to menu before killing him or dying? or is it limited to restarting the mission?

You can definitely go back to the planning stage, so I assume so.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Basebf555 posted:

What unlocks at the last few mastery levels for Marrakesh? I can't seem to find a list anywhere.

There's a section in the main menu, Mastery I think it's called, that lists all the unlocks for a location.

Shame that the new Sapienza and Marakesh targets are an official 'episode'. I was hoping we'd get a new proper target in all the locations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Really enjoyed that. It was nothing like the Splinter Cell level I was expecting and spent loads of time wandering around looking opportunities. Got three but a couple took so much waiting around I just popped the last target in the head with my pistol and legged it to the bunker.