Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Finished the last ET tonight, I cheated a bit when I saw someone online say you just needed the waiter outfit. I still didn't have the key though, so Mr. Giggles and his bodyguard enjoyed watching me climb all the way up there, pour something in his drink and climb back down, all the while saying "what's this guy's deal?" to each other. The other part was easy because they spell it out for you in the intro and rat poison is everywhere. Kinda sad I didn't pick up the game earlier though, I only got the opportunity to do the last two ETs so no extra special outfits for me! Maybe they'll let us have another shot in the run up to Season Two or something though.

Still seems like a crazy amount of content left, even though I've completed all the story missions and the Sarajevo Six I've still done maybe a fourth of the available assassination techniques per level and haven't even touched professional mode. I saw earlier people were talking about the worst deaths (triggering Rose's OCD, staring down on your helpless old boss during open heart surgery, etc) but the absolute most horrific was the Sarajevo guy in Paris that I poisoned and then drowned in a porta potty. It made me cringe while I did it :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

horse mans posted:

Apparently I just SASO'd Paris despite killing the targets with a chandelier and having their bodies found?

Don't accident kills not count against bodies being found? I forget, the whole system is really opaque.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Its also crazy easy to steal because no one is ever looking at it.

I really like the nighttime Marrakesh map, which is odd because the daytime map is probably my least favorite. It just has this nice ambiance to it, kinda makes me wish they did alternate nighttime maps for Bangkok, Colorado and Hokkaido too. It annoys me that none of the challenges add to your mastery though :mad:

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

StashAugustine posted:

If anyone still hasn't got it I think I've got a pretty good method to get SA really reliably:

Start with lethal poison. Steal invite, get inside, steal key from behind bar- this is tricky and you might get caught but it takes like a minute to get here so restart if needed. Coin the blonde lady on the phone to the bathroom, knock her out. At this point it's pretty smooth sailing but you might want to leave the guestlist just in case. Then get outside and steal the waiter outfit in the locked supply room, run to the back of the carpet shop and go up the pipe to get on top. The only enforcer isn't watching. Poison the coffee cup, then get out of there, change back into your suit, and wait by the client list for the kill notification to pop. To improve on it, there could be a more reliable way to get the waiter outfit; and occasionally coining the lady fucks up but that can be solved with patience. Someone said you can emetic her but I couldn't find her drink.

I actually couldn't figure out how to get into the staff area of the cafe to grab the waiter's outfit without being spotted, so I just climbed the drainpipe in the bathroom to get to the rooftop area across the way where it's not too difficult to take out the two guards and the waiter since there's a bunch of bricks laying around and a bunch of crates to dump them in.

As for the drink, it's one of the three at the bar, but you have to watch her closely because another woman with dark glasses drinks the one right next to hers

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Agreed on Nakar's posts being amazing but now I'm intensely curious as to the one exception in which an accident kill doesn't register as a noticed kill. I wanna assume its Colorado because of all the weird setups there but :shrug:

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

I've only played the first new mission at the hotel (and by played I mean ran around in the wrong wing knocking people out with a shovel and switching clothes when someone saw me) but there's something oddly charming about them leaving Jordan's groupies hanging around the top floor on the other side and his birthday party decorations intact with staff cleaning up. Kinda reminds me of the little hobo camp in place of the military base in nighttime Marrakesh (one of my favorite maps).

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

I totally used a proximity mine in that one escalation where you have to explode two Sapienza tourists dressed like a priest, but only because I hadn't unlocked better explosives like the phone or duck at that point.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Did the elusive target, way easier than the last two and even got AS with minimal effort. Whoo, two new suits and four more to go to get the winter deal.

I also knocked out the three new escalations tonight, and while the Raven and the Cowboy were easy enough to just brute force (or quietly shoot/stab in the Raven's case) the Clown's final escalation took me over an hour and mostly involved luring guards into a bathroom to smack then hiding a lot. I have no idea how you'd SA it considering the location of the balloons.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Blasmeister posted:

Most of the balloons are pretty easy, and if you get an invite and let yourself into the first floor room with the telescope and the auction staffs you can snipe a fair few from the balcony. The indoor ground floor ones can be got by throwing the bat at them, and the kitchen sniped through the window from the pond area.

I tried throwing scissors at them unsuccessfully, I didn't even consider the new bat working. That makes things substantially easier, honestly.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Mzbundifund posted:

There's a free church key and church staff disguise in a third floor apartment just behind the clown. You can get them without a lockpick by exiting your safe house onto the roof and dropping down to your right, then running along a few balconies.

Sapienza is so densely packed it's ridiculous. I'm nearly at full mastery and I just discovered you can get a free mansion security disguise in that apartment where you kill the cultist during patient zero, completely eliminating the need to start on that couch next to the girl doctor surrounded by enforcers.

Probably why they reused it like four times.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

KillHour posted:

I still like the couch start because you can quickly disable the camera system. You can just run by the enforcer and through the window.

Then run by him again down the stairs, plenty of time before he recognizes you.

Doesn't the lab start you like 30 feet from the camera system? Wait, do levels actually have multiple surveillance systems on different circuits or whatever :psyduck:

Also, regarding the current elusive target, is this scripting just hosed up? I tried to study his route a la the politician and he ended up standing motionless just outside the church side entrance with five bodyguards for like 5+ min.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Got SA on the Prince last night, but it took way longer than it should have due to his jankiness and random pathing.

Probably a variation of what most people did; lured his bodyguard to the weapon room by dropping my custom 5mm that bypasses frisk detection, stole his outfit, choked out the wandering priest in the surveillance room to keep him off the stairs and then lethally injected him on his way back up from the crypt. Not too bad, but I spent probably 30+ min trying to setup a funny toilet drowning death with the emetic syringe and getting hosed over when he either ran to puke in the sewers past some enforcers or by trying to do it upstairs and getting caught by guards or church staff. Ah well.

This also unlocked the absolution suit with gloved for me since it's my fifth ET, but I don't even have the absolution suit without gloves, so it seems kinda odd.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Mzbundifund posted:

I never even used a bodyguard disguise - I just took the free church staff disguise from the apartment, just walked through the frisking zone (items brought were concealable baton and lethal poison), snuck downstairs, used the church key from the apartment to destroy the security and get the priest disguise. Once you have the priest disguise the target and none of the bodyguards will recognize you, and from there it was just a matter of batoning the real priest when he came to drink wine (hide behind the door) and then distracting the target's bodyguard with a thrown item and poking the target with the poison syringe while he's looking away.

The wandering priest and church staffer who keeps going outside on a smoke break both see through any church disguise, which made me way too paranoid about loving up my escape.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

StashAugustine posted:

moved on to doing a bunch of escalations. do any of these require setting off bombs for a distraction? i certainly can't figure out how to get helmut alone in the clown escalation without that

I didn't SA it, but if I remember right there's a narrow window of him being inside where you could theoretically do it.

It was also weird because I didn't hide the body, so a little later he was just up and walking around again :v:

I think that's the only escalation where you don't explicitly have to murder someone?

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

I'm not sure about SA but the sticky pistol escalation in Paris that requires an explosion accident kill can go gently caress itself, anyone who was able to do that without a guide would need a deep understanding of awkward game mechanic exploits (so basically Nakar)

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

I'm not sure of the name, but the final 5/5 bit requires an explosion accident on one guy and a falling accident on the other, and because ~game mechanics~ attaching a breaching charge to a fire extinguisher and detonating in a room where you dragged their unconscious body counts. The sticky pistol just means you keep having to randomly pull it out while swapping between items and carrying the fire extinguisher which is 'challenging' in the same way that slapping yourself in the face every ten seconds while playing the game would be.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Lollerich posted:

That is useful and never before known information that will help us determine when the next elusive target will be available.
This is the best information - thanks Trump Lover Gaius Marius.

Sounds like you got a bit of a chip on your shoulder friendo

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Heh, I was trying to rush it because he only drinks from that glass once, but there's a way to give your self more time: trigger the fireworks before heading down the stairs, and everyone will pause to gawk at them long enough for you to poison his drink, and (if you're like me and got caught by a camera) go down to the basement to erase the evidence.

Kinda disappointing compared to the neat puzzle of killing the cardinal last time, although I guess it's good that they finally used that part of the Paris map for something other than a weak one-off opportunity. Oh well. One more SA ET makes five, and then begins the loooong wait to get the Bangkok and Colorado suits.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Yeah, but what about all those random hits where some weirdo hires him to kill a random bathroom attendant, but only after stealing the clothes of an unrelated musician's groupie and only via coconut?

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

I've played every mission on Hitman and have reached mastery on like half of them and yet somehow I've literally never found a set of keys for any vehicle in any level ever. I might be terrible.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Yeah, I didn't even try to SA this one especially because I kept losing track of which was which. Instead I just grabbed a sniper rifle from the safe house, grabbed the mansion security outfit one apartment over and sniped the right twin when the other guy was making his phone call. Maybe next one will be my fifth SA...

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Boiled Water posted:

Mentions of Jordan Cross are sprinkled around as well before and after the terrible mission.

Yeah, I know someone near the Paris private auction room mentions him.

I also like how one of the bonus missions in Sapienza outright tells you that you were hired by Caruso to kill that scumbag politician which would mean that it takes place prior to the main camapign, which makes me wonder what the actual timeline is supposed to be. I assume Patient Zero is supposed to be the last of it (or slightly overlapping if the Bangkok mission is taking place a day or two after Jordan dies since his crew is still packing up) but I'm not sure if there's an official 'canon' to it.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

It could be some issue of likeness rights that didn't extend to 2018 or was only through Square or something. Still sucks though.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Now that the Broker ET is (officially) out I thought I'd do what I always do, tinker around observing his route and trying to figure out where the item is/etc. When I spotted him I thought "oh, I can probably expose that wire to shock him when no wait I hit the button by mistake I'm exposing it now WAIT I'M IN THE WATER STILL NO *zzt* *dies*"

RIP world's dumbest hitman

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

I wish this game had coop so we could team up for maximum hilarity.

I actually wasn't too broken up about failing because so many contracts are in Paris. I actually checked the ET list to see when I can reasonably expect a shot at the Bangkok and Colorado suits and one is two months out and the other half a year :stare:

I mean, I know they're probably my least two favorite maps but two ETs each seems ridiculous compared to Paris/Sapienza.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Yeah, poisoning the jam did gently caress-all for me. Instead I just just knocked out the two guys outside and shoved them into a corner, lured the shotgun guard out with a dropped weapon and shoved him in the same corner, then lured the target out with the same dropped weapon and snapped his neck, then just knocked out his friend to clear the security footage. Inelegant, but that was my last SA needed to get the winter suit! Now I only need Colorado and Bangkok's ET suits and the one for getting 13 ETs.

To celebrate I took it for a spin when I saw Nakar's featured Paris contract on the main menu. But I couldn't find a way to do it SASO for the girl downstairs at the bar, had to grab a waiter disguise to poison her drink :(

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Yeah, this one was almost too easy to SA.

Started at the clocktower with a concealable baton, knocked out the guard on the balcony and then the two in the security room when they were looking out opposite windows, deleted the footage, choked out the lawyer in the room and hid his body, then chandoliered the guru.

This ended up being my 10th successful ET so I got the blood money suit, which seems to be nearly indistinguishable from the terminus suit with a different tie :toot:

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

StashAugustine posted:

also its a crying shame they set up these hits with a bunch of cool dialogue and stuff and the easiest way to do it is just poison him thirty seconds in

This is why you recon the whole thing and look for the most hilarious SA kill, not the :airquote: most convenient :airquote:

Sadly, very few of the ETs are susceptible to being rat poisoned then drowned in a portapotty.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Because it takes forever for the runner to make it to the school and there's no clear indication of when he actually has the diamonds prior to that, I spent my time grabbing an officer disguise and setting up the dance party to clear the hallways of any patrolling guards. There's easier ways to knock the runner out unseen, but it was funnier this way.

Then, because I wasnt even trying to get SA, I just used the camera man disguise to get into the embassy, threw the pale duck at him and ran the hell away while he exploded :v:

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

My first SASO on an ET, though this was a pretty easy one.

Started in the original location, walked down to security to erase any footage, choked out the guy who hangs out near the dumpster across from the bar to grab his IAGO invitation, then went up and hung around the auction until the target appeared. When he did I went out and emetic syringed the guard on the balcony, giving me a decent window to push the target over the edge and walk out casually.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Yeah, I abandoned even trying for a cool execution of this ET due to all the jankiness and just did the ol' fire extinguisher breaching charge trick. Someone got killed in the crossfire but eh, I already got all the requisite SA ET kills :shrug:

This also was my thirteenth, so I got the gloved signature and Bangkok suits. Now the only suits I have left to grab are Colorado (because no ET opportunities have existed there since I've owned the game) and Santa (out of laziness).

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

I didn't get SA because I stupidly tried to walk up to the second floor as a normal waiter and got noticed trespassing for a second, but the way I did it was kinda fun; overflow both sinks in the restrooms next to the food prep area behind the bar, and proceed to choke out the one waiter and three supermodels that come to check. Next time he passes by he'll be the one to notice and go in the bathroom because he walks ahead of his entourage, which makes it easy enough to kill him anyway you want (I did emetic syringe because drowning is both an accident kill and the funniest generic death in the game) and walk away while his entourage waits outside the bathroom wondering what's taking him so long:hellyeah:

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Nakar posted:

Blending in prevents enforcers but it probably is overridden by being too close to a body or the source of a gunshot as that's a different form of guard suspicion, is my guess.

This was especially hilarious when I was trying to scout out the dictator ET in Bangkok and choked our one of the waiters behind the bar, but someone was coming and it was too late to hide the body so I just...started sweeping to blend in, and doing it so close to the body that I was actually smacking him with my broom. It didn't work :(

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Okay, I've played all of S1 and I'm just now finding out that there was a plot in Hitman beyond 'go kill that dipshit by stabbing him with his dad's family knife or something for laughs' :raise:

Okay, that's not fair because Patient Zero's sequence is actually really good, but I refuse to believe those post-mission cutscenes in the main campaign made sense to anyone.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

I gotta say, I really like the current ET, the food critic. I haven't killed him yet (trying to work out a neat SA without resorting to fire extinguisher bullshit) but they're really good at making him so obnoxious that you really enjoy planning his murder.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

I actually like the 'generic guy' VA they use for most civilians. He nails the tone of incredulousness of seeing a vampire magician crouching behind a table really well.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

So this appears to be the first Colorado ET in over a year and they made it challenging instead of just 'throw duck, run'. The temptation to just look up a guide is strong because its the only suit I'm missing :negative:

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Cojawfee posted:

I honestly wouldn't care about elusive targets at all if they weren't unique content that I can't see in any other way. Make the elusive targets be a random NPC in the world that you get one shot at or whatever. But make the brand new characters and schedules and what not be side missions or something. I can get into the stress of only having one chance to pull off a hit. I don't like that I also have to enjoy the new content they created for it because I only ever get to see it once.

I kinda assumed everyone did ETs the same way I did; walking around incognito and following their pattern, not just to plan the hit but to hear any and all unique interactions they might have.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

I hosed up the blackmailer kill like 6 times (after waiting for him to finish on the catwalk) and was only saved by quickly restarting the level. I gave up on the lethal injection and finally managed to get him to investigate the nearby flooding sink and take him out. I found this one of the more difficult ETs so far to be honest because there are just so many people around all the time coming and going.

There's a spot behind the podium near the stage where you can emetic syringe him without having to time flooding the sink just right (obviously taking out the nearby server first, but that's easy enough). Its kind of a crapshoot if you can do it without the next model leaving the stage seeing you though, but it can be done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

I don't think Busey is coming back, though I wanna say with the remaining ETs they should line up perfectly with the release of S2 which is kinda cool.

Now that I've gotten every outfit it is fun to just wing it on the ETs and hope for the best rather than going for SA. I'm definitely sniping the current one from that watertower; its baffling that they set up the perfect sniper spot and then had a level where all the nornal targets are obscured by something 80% of the time.