Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I just picked this up as I had a $15 credit from Sony. Cleared the first 3 levels so far, did really well in Paris, pretty decent in Italy and whoops in Morocco (but hey it was fun to go full ham with a shotgun on all those Embassy guards because I was getting annoyed with their patrol patterns).

How long is the ET up for? Been at work all day and I'm catching a flight later this evening but I should have an hour or so to gently caress around.

e: well that was incredibly loving stupid, started off undercover in the kitchen, picked up a cleaver and was immediately gunned down by security guards wtf.

SubponticatePoster fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Nov 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

dc3k posted:

Why can't I drown her. Shes puking in the toilet. :mad:
Breaking her neck and throwing her into the hot spring during the yoga lesson is more fun anyway, especially with her bodyguard standing 6 feet away.

Also I found him later in the level looking for her :laugh:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Boiled Water posted:

If not for the face scanner Colorado would've been my favorite level. Also hideously easy as sniper assassin. Well, even more so.

Turin Turambar posted:

I liked Colorado because the poison challenge. I always liked to poison people in Hitman games, and I could do it here in all four targets. :allears:

Also doing Suit Only is interesting, for obvious reasons.
I tried to do a Suit Only SASO last night, which went really well.

Until I realized I forgot to bring a lockpick. :negative:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I think that's a matter of taste. I went through all of them and then went back. Doing it this way gets you more unlocks to use for the challenges, but some people like to fully complete a mission before moving on.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Accordion Man posted:

Season 2 has been confirmed for some time now.
Which makes me happy. Now that I've played it I think I feel comfortable buying a full season whenever it launches.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Having an issue with the ET. I've been around the map several times and sh'e's just not there. Like literally took 20 minutes just walking around with Instinct on and no target.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Visidan posted:

ETs don't show up in instinct, look for an old woman being followed by a bunch of soldiers.
Yeah that was what I did before I tried the instinct thing. I've been over every square inch of the map except for inside the embassy/school.

e: finally found her, now for the fun part :getin:

SubponticatePoster fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Dec 2, 2016

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

frank.club posted:

Wait is this lady like am assassin or just a serial killer
Just a serial killer I think.

Got her and SASO'd it, ended up going on one of the rooftops in the bazaar and dropping the sign on her with a shot from the Silverballer. Bonus, there's an exit right there!

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I wish you could replay ETs for funsies - especially since I just got the game and can't do any of the earlier ones :(

Meant to post this too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pSgn5BYudc I was going for sniper assassin and I killed everyone from up there but it didn't count for some reason :saddowns:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
And a great variety in thrown weapons. It's my goal to do a run where I knock everyone in the villa out with an expired can of spaghetti sauce :allears:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I love this game so much
I remember when Absolution came out and pretty much everyone wrote IOI/Hitman off forever.

Glad to see they came back in the biggest bestest way possible.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Another fun one (and a bit of a callback to A New Life I think) is to emetic poison the clown's water bottle while he's performing and then follow him into the nearby stairwell to choke him out.

Bam, insane clown running around murdering people.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

FadedReality posted:

I need to use the bathroom.

Hitman VA owned since forever. Also when I was killing everyone in the hotel with a cleaver a guy i was chasing started going "it's just a game it's just a game it's just a game" :v:
I remember when it was thought that David Bateson wasn't going to be voicing 47 for Absolution. And then they released a trailer with him saying "Sorry, I was in the bathroom." :v:

Also :lol: at that VA. I was replaying Sapienza last night and didn't knock out a guard right away. I got the "is that my phone or your phone?" line.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

marktheando posted:

God I forgot about that. Didn't Bateson find out he wasn't in Absolution from talking to a fan after the first trailer dropped? IO didn't even tell him. What shabby treatment, both of him and of the lady that plays Diana.

Were IO deliberately trying to look like a bunch of dicks at that time? At least they seem to have learned from their mistakes.
IIRC somebody tweeted or emailed him and he said "y'know, they haven't even asked me to do it :smith:" Cue a lot of hollering from fans (rightfully) and whomever was responsible realizing it would be a huge loving mistake and secretly getting him onboard and then releasing the bathroom trailer.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
:ohdear:

Does anyone know if Santa's spawn patterns are fixed or random? I keep hearing the fat rear end in a top hat spawn in but I'm basically chasing him all over the map :mad:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

BJPaskoff posted:

How are you supposed to know what items to pick up in the holiday mission, and how much of a pain in the rear end is it to pick them all up in time? At least you can save during this mission, unlike the elusive targets and escalations.
I wish they'd made it more clear, like have Diana give you a "Christmas list" or something. I ended up watching a video and it is a bit of a pain in the rear end to get them all (mostly since Marv can apparently walk into any area without people giving him poo poo, the rear end in a top hat :argh: ). If you don't want spoilers then look for items you might have seen in other missions.

I ended up doing all of the 5 challenges in 1 run last night and it took a lot of restarts but the end results were hilarious. Went like this:

Start in locker room dressed as a chef, but in the kitchen as hotel staff works the same way. I had the collapsible baton as equipment. Grab the apricot and the coconut. Since you're right there you can also grab the master key to the palace in case you want to get anywhere. Run up the stairs in the kitchen to the second floor and bonk the AV tech over the head, take his clothes.

Walk out and grab the detonator (don't be surprised if Harry is here too, little fucker moves fast), then head out and to the left to get to the room that contains the knife. Back to where the detonator is, then go out to where the main staircase is. Room on the right side (if you were looking down to the first floor) has a present in it with 2 bricks. That door there will get lead to another room with a balcony - the balcony has scaffolding on it that gets you to the third floor. Go up.

Right inside that room there is the cowboy bust. Head into the attic and be careful - regardless of your disguise everyone here is suspicious of you. There are 2 guys in this first part and it's relatively easy to nail one in the head with something (I used the coconut :v: ) and knock out the other guy before he can alert anyone with the baton. Grab a disguise from them. Head deeper into the attic and there's a path to the right. Go all the way to the end, and there's the microphone. Head back to where you came from and go right again avoiding everyone. Wait for backs to be turned and grab the other bust from the table there, then out the door. There's a guard out here that will see through your disguise, and another at the bottom of the stairs. Go down the stairs and as long as you stay moving you aren't in his LOS long enough for him to get suspicious. Go down the other set of stairs to the first floor. Past the dressing room is the art gallery, where you'll find the cannonball. The opposite room (across the foyer) has the toy tank. Go left and you can get into the back hallway where the shuriken is, then out into the ballroom to grab the ax. Since you pilfered the bodyguard's uniform nobody gives a gently caress when you pick up the axe.

Now this was just my preference, but then I went into the basement from the door under the stairs in the foyer to where they'll meet up later - the room with the big table. Grabbed the propane tank from the pantry and dropped it here. Stealing all the poo poo slows down your targets since they'll stand there for a bit scratching their head because they can't find the item (if you pick up an item from it's place and immediately drop it they still don't "see" it and won't pick it up so you don't have to haul that axe everywhere). If you run back through the locker room the security room on the other side has another present with a brick in it; now you have all 3. You can destroy footage here too with some good timing if you're going for an SA run as you will get spotted by cameras when you're up grabbing the fireworks detonator.

With everything in place I went back up to the first floor. Marv was just coming through the area by the kitchen, and he heads into a bathroom right by the shuriken. I snuck up behind him and smashed him in the head with a brick. Because there's a lady out in the hallway playing on her phone, she hears the ruckus and comes running. But there's a closet in that bathroom that I hid in. Security guard comes running, wakes up Marv, then goes looking for me. I step out of the closet and bash Marv in the head again and duck back into the closet. Unfortunately he spotted me so there went SA :( Security guard came back, noticed Marv laying on the floor and left him there to perform another search. Finally comes back, wakes ol' Marv up and makes a third sweep for me, at which point I leave the closet and concuss Marv for the last time. Haul rear end down to the basement and wait in the room where they meet up. Santa pops in for a drink so I bonk him with the baton, throw him in the box and take his clothes. Eventually both targets show up and I step out into the hallway, take cover and shoot the propane tank with the Silverballer. Boom. There's an exit like 10 feet from where you are at this point, so mission is done.

There were a couple of things that annoyed me. During one of my fuckups I was in the attic and Harry was there too so I knocked him out to be found. The guards find him and just ask if he's ok and go on high alert while they leave him to wander - if I get caught up there in any disguise I'm yelled at then shot if I linger. It would have been neat if they found him, threw him out and then went looking for you so he got slowed down. It's risky to take him out with all those guards and should have a payoff. Marv being able to go wherever the gently caress he wants is also annoying - at least Harry has to distract guards and sneak around.

I discovered how OP the baton is - it's missed in a search, is throwable, fairly quiet and will take out armed hostile guards in 2 hits. A good backup to have.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Marv can go where he wants because he is wearing an MSE Security lanyard/badge. I think his hat is an MSE hat as well.
I know he's got an in-game reason, but it still sucks. I should be able to knock him out and steal his clothes!

One of my failed attempts ended up with getting walked in on after I'd knocked Santa out and taken his clothes but before I had a chance to stuff him in the box - I hid in the box and then a naked Santa stood there shivering after being roused. Then he teleported :v:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I got him by starting in the safehouse - Dropped down to the next apartment and took the guard's uniform from the laundry, picked up my sniper rifle from the apartment drop then moseyed over to the tower on the villa grounds across from city hall. Yes, please, come stand in front of the window while I'm aiming at your head :haw:

Note: this is fun but not an SA since his guards are right there. I do wish they'd let you replay them just for fun. If you didn't get SA on the first try fine, no special suit for you but one of the great things about HM games is redoing levels to try new things.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Tippis posted:

But was it your Santa suit? :smuggo:
I started the ET off in my Santa suit and tried sniping from the slacker's balcony. Unfortunately the angle isn't quite right and I couldn't get a shot on him. I did get a lovely screenshot of 47 in full Santa regalia with the Jager. A very nice detail is that 47 has good trigger discipline.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Holy poo poo. Now I want to try this, but instead exploding things into people to kill them.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
It's gotta be finicky as gently caress, since I killed Dahlia from the barge while she was having a cocktail on the patio and while I sure got CRIME NOTICED none of the helicopter guards gave two shits when I went to leave via that route. Same with this week's ET, they knew the Guru was dead but I just waltzed out the front gate with neither of the guards blinking an eye.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Hobo Clown posted:

11 hours?? :psyduck:

I don't even know how "no bodies discovered" is possible with that much carnage, there's not nearly enough hiding spots.
This makes me miss the newspaper from Blood Money.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Tippis posted:

It does happen in Hitman too, but to set it up and have an opportunity to notice it requires a bit more work than it's really worth.

It's probably the easiest to see in Bangkok, where for instance pushing Cross off the roof will eventually make his guards start looking and calling for him, or if you kill him off in the recording booth — the team was rather expecting him to start singing or at least star berating them, and will come to check on him when he disappears. I think that Novikov's bodyguard also has at least one routine for dealing with Novikov vanishing, but it's a lot harder to put him on that path.
Also happens in Hokkaido, the lawyer's bodyguard was wandering around looking for her after I pushed her off the balcony, and also when I threw her into the river during the yoga lesson :laugh:

e:

Eggnogium posted:

Really? I strangled Cross in the booth on my SASO run and left him there. No one ever found him despite me taking an assload of time getting out of there and then having to take out the camera footage (~10 minutes I'd guess).
I headshot him from behind in there, apparently that's one way glass!

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

MeatwadIsGod posted:

SA in 1:14 by starting as a waiter, grabbing a fire extinguisher and dropping it with a breach charge behind his chair. Can't wait for that winter coat so I can be more cavalier about these elusive targets.

I did the same thing except as a security guard. But I got "spotted " by a suspicious guard on the way out so there went SA :(

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

frank.club posted:

If people see a breaching charge would that break a silent assassin rating
Well, when I used it for the ET last night, one of the guards somehow saw the first one I set through the goddamn planter and went and picked it up, but didn't go suspicious. Now I know if people see you planting one, yeah that makes everything go to poo poo. With some of the funkier AI glitches it might go against you if they noticed it before you blew it up and that somehow counted as suspicious in the same way you can get noticed by a target right before you kill them and it can gently caress up SA. So...it depends? :v:

e:

BrainMeats posted:

Isn't the smartphone just a remote charge that doesn't make people suspicious? I left it on the ETs table while he was away and set it off as I was walking out the front door. No drama, just a bit of a mess.

Not sure if I would have qualified for SA if I hadn't spent ten minutes roaming the basement, knocking out hotel staff and collecting screwdrivers.
The explosion radius is higher I think, but no it doesn't make people suspicious. Have to be careful with it though, as I found out to my dismay that anyone walking by will pick it up. I was trying to kill the lawyer with it, but I didn't see that some random schmoe had picked it up off the table. Oops, sorry non-target kill!

SubponticatePoster fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Dec 31, 2016

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

AdmiralViscen posted:

Does anyone else have issues with this game freezing when loading a game? I've tried it on two PS4s with the same effect. It makes it really unfun to try to pursue mastery when I have to do the entire mission every time without using the reload trick to get multiple opportunities per session.
Nope, on PS4 and it's always been butter smooth for me. And god knows I've had to reload a save or two.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I'm probably missing the most obvious thing, but how the hell do you get out of the basement room in Colorado? I'm trying to do some of the escape challenges, but keep getting stuck in there.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Shellman posted:

Escalations. Can't do it in main mission due to forced exit.
Ok, so I'm just partially stupid then :downs:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Samopsa posted:

also everyone in colorado
Thing that really annoyed the poo poo out of me in CO is that I'm in the point man's uniform, stroll over to the shooting range where everyone is blasting away, have a go at a couple of targets and got loving arrested. What the hell, man? You didn't get pissed when I shot up that goddamn car 30 feet away! :mad:

I do need to take an hour or so and kill everyone on that map for funsies. It's not like going full ham in a med clinic or at a seaside resort where you assume at least some of the people are normal and decent.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Social Studies 3rd Period posted:

I see this is available on PS4 - how does it play? Someone tried to gift it the first episode to me for Christmas, but my ancient graphics card had some -- issues. Mostly seen talk regarding the PC version, I think. Also haven't played a Hitman before, so there's that too. :v: Thanks!
Runs very well. You can choose between capped and uncapped framerate - capped is always 30, uncapped can vary but usually in the upper 40's. I have a Pro and the textures load very fast on random poo poo like floor tiles, where they can take a bit on the vanilla to fully load in. I've never noticed hitching or stuttering though.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Mzbundifund posted:

You've made the right choice. Silent Santa runs are my favorite way to play.
This but Sniper Santa for me. Ho Ho Ho headshot. I got sniper assassin in Colorado that way. Santa says you've been very naughty this year! THUNK

Blowjob Overtime posted:

It's not a specific escalation, but The Himmapan Horror is a really entertaining name.
I did sort of a practice run on that doing the main mission. Needless to say my final score was pretty bad, but I figured out some inventive ways to get about 25 bodies found.

One of the greatest things about this game is doing whatever you're doing, laughing about it, then stopping and wondering if you need therapy :haw:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Boiled Water posted:

It'll take you slightly longer, but go get the master keycard in the laundry room and then continue on your merry way.
Yeah, there's a camera over the double doors when you come in from outside, but it's easy to pop if you stay in cover. That and a security or hotel employee uniform will get you pretty much anywhere on the map. SASO requires some additional sneakiness but it's still worth getting.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
e: ^^^ Or that.
No, they should make a coop lady hitman Diana.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Hobo Clown posted:

The first time I tried Himmapan Horror I didn't realize that the victims needed to be targets, so after I killed Cross & Morgan in the story mission I went around axeing people while dressed as staff and wondering why nothing was popping for me. Sorry random hotel guests!
:same:
I did all of the challenges needed for HH in one run. So people got axed, drowned, pushed off of balconies, etc and all of their bodies found. Boy was my score bad at the end!

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I hosed up SA on the ET because I didn't delete security footage like a moron, but the best room in the mansion is where the server is. You can turn it off, and then one of the hackers will come down to investigate. Hide behind the generators in the corner of the room, subdue and drag the body where you're hiding. The hackers will keep coming down from upstairs one by one with plenty of time inbetween to subdue and drag/hide. When all 3 from upstairs are down you can take a disguise, go upstairs and and download the data. Target goes out to the balcony when there aren't any hackers to talk to, so I just pushed him off. If you get recorded like I did, pick up the baseball from the upstairs table then go back down to the server room of horror and turn on the vacuum and take up the hiding place behind the generators again. The security guard will come to investigate, bean him in the head with the baseball and stash him on the corpse pile. Delete the footage if you got spotted. Then exit through the window in the same room as the security footage, there's a gate and exit right outside. I just simply forgot to do the deletion :downs:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

where the red fern gropes posted:

for me they saw his body so i lost SA
Might have been something else, people found as accident kills don't count. I pushed him over the balcony and instantly got "body found" but when I exited what cost me SA was being recorded, I still got points for no bodies.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Lol people still whining about elusive targets being elusive in the YouTube comments.

They'd just be optional missions if they were there permanently. Also, they are essentially just a contract npc with bodyguards and a 60-second intro...it's not like they are truly adding a ton of content that isn't already there.

Literally any other AAA developer would be charging money for the ETs and costumes and other unlocks. That reason alone should negate any sort of criticism of the game.
Eh, you can still criticize the game if something was done poorly. Like the food critic, he only wandered back and forth between two points - I would have liked to see him go more places to open up more opportunities like the old lady in Marrakesh. You certainly can't complain about the price when it's free though :v:

And I would prefer to see a hybrid system where your score on the first time you do the ET is the one that counts, but then let you replay it. They do the extra work for the ETs like VO but it gets such limited use. Then you can still have the tension of messing up the ET but also the fun of replaying it.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Fire extinguishers are goddamn magic. They should go in the other direction and make a contract or ET only using a fire extinguisher just to see the crazy stuff people come up with.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Discendo Vox posted:

"kill all people in Hokkaido using explosion accidents"
It would probably take 3 hours, but my solution to that would be to subdue every single person in the level, then haul them all into a big pile of all the fire extinguishers I could find stuck atop a single breaching charge. :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Then fail because one of them was killed by the breaching charge.
:mrwhite: