Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Lincoln posted:

What does bogan mean?

While this isn't one of my Australian family members, it's near enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Look, it loving fits doesn't it.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Pinch Me Im Meming posted:

isn't it da sound of da police?

You've made my day :D

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

spog posted:

I recall from 'Mayday Air Disaster Death Crash Investigation' that S.Korea had a serious problem and multiple crashes because of this cultural deferment to the senior staff, even when they were doing something mind-blowingly stupid.

The FAA banned them from operating in the US unless they sorted their act out: which they did by hiring a bunch of foreign consultants to retrain the flight crew to work as a team.

EDIT:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_Air_Cargo_Flight_8509

Fuckwit captain literally flew the plane into the ground while his junior crew let him, because he was much more senior.

I like the title of that episode (the 8509 one): "Bad Attitude". Pretty good punning there.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Platystemon posted:

e: This isn’t a test set‐up. It’s a jury‐rigged lab heater.

Can't see anything wrong there.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

The Lone Badger posted:

This shouldn't be possible.

Have a watch of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJyUtbn0O5Y - biochemistry is exceedingly mechanical. It's amazing.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Mustached Demon posted:

I won a fire extinguisher from the safety week drawing.

:toot:

Go start a fire, you'll know what to do.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Baronjutter posted:

This guy is delightful
God drat this stupid bastard catching his jacob's sparkler. It's like my poor friend who had a big soldering iron and it tipped over so he caught it and ended up pretty much burning his palm off. Automatic reactions...

He's a pro engineer. Spotting where he's going to put the explosions in his video's has been a hobby of mine for years.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Powershift posted:

Sorry to ruin it for you.

I'm not sure that's any better.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Accidental discharge.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Beauty.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Say Nothing posted:

I used to do Radioimmunoassay techniques in my laboratory work a couple of decades ago. I guess I'll die of cancer eventually.

So the best gif poster on something awful is a scientist. gif scientist.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

CollegeCop posted:

He also had a video (which I can't find) of an interview with the owners of the house 10 years after the build. There were no structural problems with the house, just some minor fit and finish work over the years.

Maybe not so much.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Beautiful :D

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

gently caress the police.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

It’s me, I’m the OSHA. Was just repairing some test gear that needed to be live for one test. That woke me up, always remember the one hand rule people!

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Gunshow Poophole posted:

man this has got me pumped

they're getting to be really good at this haha

The drat sound effects are wonderful by themselves.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Kibayasu posted:

The bottom fell off.

Not enough recognition for this one :D

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

wesleywillis posted:

What about people who've never worn shoes? Well smart guy?

immortal

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Drone_Fragger posted:

Re the littoral combat ship, congress wanted it to cost less so they looked at all the features and said “cut this, cut this, cut this” and one of the things they cut to reduce cost was the galvanic corrosion protection system. For reference, the lcs is made of steel and aluminium, and when you have two different metals in contact with eachother in an electrolyte (such as sea water) you get a voltage differential between the two that causes oxidation (and hence rusting) exceedingly quickly. As such, by removing the galvanic corrosion system to save 10 grands with of copper wire and a transformer, they instead made the hull rust through in barely a year. Designing things by committee strikes again!

You forgot the best bit, the engineering report about the steel engine mounts and aluminium superstructure simply said “the ship is disintegrating at a molecular level”. That’s engineer for “gently caress you”.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Things you thought everyone knew, demolishing goes top down, not bottom up.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

What do they think sky hooks are for.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

what kind of genie do i have to bargain with to make it so that every time i give a handjob, a duck shows up in my yard?

Taking that literally, one that owns lots of ducks.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

drunkill posted:

It gets better/worse. It misses his next train to toronto, sits in a bush overnight after accidentally getting on a train going into a train yard and being trapped in there for awhile and being spotted.

He then catches another train to get out of there, which goes the wrong way (to detroit) and he has to jump off it in the middle of the night at speed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYCAMfbmJ-0&t=235s (4mins in)

I thought this was going to be bullshit, it's really interesting. And somewhat dangerous.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Coxswain Balls posted:

Lathe? The gently caress is that?

A Loathe.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Considering that they are likely to remain suborbital judging by their efforts, the company is aptly-named.

I do not want that lot having an ICBM.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Memento posted:

Wow, what year did they travel to?!?

You can buy plutonium at every gas store in 2019.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Kesper North posted:

So do you think they'll put the fire out soon or do they have to let it linger

I don't think they can "let" it do anything.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

This pole is made for me.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

a kitten posted:

Move over grover.

Jesus loving Christ. I have audio/visual synesthesia, really useful if you're doing mathematics but otherwise entirely harmless to your life. That thing sounds like this when I look at it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpJ6anurfuw

How do you build that. How.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

HardDiskD posted:

I can't believe 11'8 is dead

It's only going to be shut a couple of weeks so they can't be raising it far, I'd bet on a week after opening until someone hits 11'10