Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Ares Games posted:

War of the Ring is the greatest board game based on THE LORD OF THE RINGS™ ever created! WAR OF THE RING is a grand strategy board game that allows its players to immerse themselves in the world created by J.R.R. Tolkien’s and experience its epic action, dramatic conflict, and memorable characters.

As the Free Peoples player you command the proud hosts of the most important kingdoms of the Third Age. From the horse-lords of Rohan to the soldiers of Gondor and the Elven lords of Rivendell, you lead the defense of the last free realms of Middle-earth. Face the evil minions of Sauron on the field of battle in a desperate attempt to delay their onslaught, while you lead the Fellowship of the Ring in the Quest for Mount Doom.

As the Shadow player you lead the hordes of the Dark Lord and his most powerful minions as they try to bring darkness to Middle-earth. Legions of Orcs, Trolls, Wolfriders and the dreadful Ringwraiths await your command. Hunt the Ring-bearer and bring the precious Ring to his Master, or crush your enemies with your unstoppable armies.

This is your chance to forge the destiny of an age...

This will be a four-player game of War of the Ring using the Lords of Middle-Earth expansion. I will be using the War of the Ring Java App to run the game. To play, please post which player you would like to be in bold. The players are: Gondor, Rohan, The Witch-King, Saruman and Sauron Allies. If you do not have PMs, please also post how I can contact you.

War of the Ring Rulebook
Lords of Middle-Earth Rulebok
Summary and Reference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Game Board
Card List

Companions:

Gimli Son of Gloin
Boromir Son of Denethor
Legolas Son of Thranduil
Gandalf the Grey The Grey Wanderer
Strider Ranger of the North
Peregrin Took Hobbit Companion
Meriadoc Brandybuck Hobbit Companion
Gandalf the White Emissary from the West
Aragorn Heir to Isildur
Gollum Slave of the Ring
The Ring-Bearers Frodo & Samwise
Lord Elrond Keeper of Vilya
Lady Galadriel Keeper of Nenya
Gandalf the Grey Keeper of Narya
Sméagol Tamed Wretch

Minions

Saruman Corrupted Wizard
The Mouth of Sauron Lieutenant of Barad-dûr
The Witch-King The Black Captain
The Balrog of Moria Evil of the Ancient World
Gothmog Lieutenant of Morgul
The Mouth of Sauron Black Númenórean
The Witch-King Chief of the Ringwraiths
We Shall Get It

Taran_Wanderer fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Feb 11, 2016

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
I would sign up as the Steward of Gondor

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
I would like to command Isengard.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
A bit of thread necromancy, but one of the games I was in died so I'll throw my hat in the ring if there's still enough interest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Fat Samurai posted:

A bit of thread necromancy, but one of the games I was in died so I'll throw my hat in the ring if there's still enough interest.

Okay with me. Just need one more player.

• Locked thread