Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

iTunes is bad and forces me to install actual, real-life garbage. Windows Groove can't find my music somehow? Like bitch it's right there. MediaMonkey is bad too. Everything is bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Fat Lowtax posted:

Everything is bad.

Correct. Please Uninstall Life.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

https://www.foobar2000.org/

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
Who the gently caress actually has music saved on their computer in TYOOL2016?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Winamp OP. It really whips the llamas arse.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

just use Spotify you gently caress

real_slime
Apr 21, 2015

by Lowtax
just install vlc which plays everything and has no bullshit features and shut up

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Bill Barber posted:

Winamp OP. It really whips the llamas arse.

unironically, this.

2.95 4 lyfe

real_slime
Apr 21, 2015

by Lowtax
sorry for saying shut up

Aug 4, 2010

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

real_slime posted:

sorry for saying shut up

Apology accepted.

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

symbolic posted:

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

also for the cool smart people who have their music saved on a computer you can run your own free commercial-free streaming service for yourself and your friends with subsonic

real_slime
Apr 21, 2015

by Lowtax
i mean

obviously the right answer is to pirate everything and make your own music folders and don't deal with proprietary software that isn't actually anymore convenient than what already exists in basic windows and wouldn't if people didn't think dumb things like 'well, morally, i should give this streaming service a lot of money for facilitating something i could do on soulseek or whatever and not paying the person who made it anything'

the way ahead with this SHOULD be just individual websites connected on hubs where you buy music or whatever it is directly from the creator for a reasonable price that drives sales like say 5 bucks an album, straight to them after whatever payment/hub system they use takes a small cut

but i thought the op was just asking for a music player that wasn't dogshit and the answer is i think stop whining they're all fine you get to play anything you want in seconds

canned from the band
Sep 13, 2007

I'm a man of intensity. Of cool, and youth, and passionately

symbolic posted:

just use Spotify you dumb gently caress

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

Okay. I'm using the Spotify playlist "Infinite Indie Folk," but I feel extremely gay. Tips?

real_slime
Apr 21, 2015

by Lowtax

Fat Lowtax posted:

Okay. I'm using the Spotify playlist "Infinite Indie Folk," but I feel extremely gay. Tips?

submit

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Kind of presumptuous, the op did NOT specify that he was autistic.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

media player classic and VLC are the boring functional ones

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

symbolic posted:

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

symbolic posted:

yeah this. it's gotten to the point that i only ever pirate music if it's not on spotify

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Skeleton Ape posted:

Kind of presumptuous, the op did NOT specify that he was autistic.

this is the thread for people who are not retarded enough to use itunes

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
spotify is really good but im afraid it'll have netflix/hulu problems where everyone pulls their poo poo randomly on/off and it'll be annoying as hell to tell whats been removed or not. So one day it will suddenly start sucking.

but whats wrong with mediamonkey? in mini-mode it's basically winamp. it's probably the best player there is if for some reason you're still pirating music

real_slime
Apr 21, 2015

by Lowtax

a retard posted:

yeah this. it's gotten to the point that i only ever pirate music if it's not on spotify

doesn't spotify pay almost nothing to the creators or am i wrong

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Winamp 5

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

MediaMonkey

Feedback Agency
Apr 23, 2014

VLC media player

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

real_slime posted:

doesn't spotify pay almost nothing to the creators or am i wrong

mainly because most of the royalties still go to the labels instead of the artists, which is the only reason spotify was able to operate in the US

real_slime
Apr 21, 2015

by Lowtax

a retard posted:

mainly because most of the royalties still go to the labels instead of the artists, which is the only reason spotify was able to operate in the US

cool so gently caress it, pirate stuff, go see them live if you like them

i'd subscribe to a thing that went 90% direct to whoever made it, 10% to the gently caress rear end website that anyone could make that facilitates it, but i don't see that place.

why do people inherently deserve a reward for making something because some big company decided to invest their probably criminally gotten money on them anyway

you aren't even paying them. you're paying joel mcbrownstein and haffel wessenwich in the office.

real_slime fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Feb 12, 2016

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Just lol if you don't have you're own private live band that follows you around to offer you your favorite hits like they were meant to be heard

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

real_slime posted:

cool so gently caress it, pirate stuff, go see them live if you like them

i'd subscribe to a thing that went 90% direct to whoever made it, 10% to the gently caress rear end website that anyone could make that facilitates it, but i don't see that place.

why do people inherently deserve a reward for making something because some big company decided to invest their probably criminally gotten money on them anyway

you aren't even paying them. you're paying joel mcbrownstein and haffel wessenwich in the office.

anybody who feels bad about fleecing all the middlemen of their 99% cut of all the music profits is a dumb idiot

itunes, spotify et al are a scam on the artists and you shouldnt support them

Homo Simpson
Oct 21, 2014

by Smythe
Lipstick Apathy

The Goatfather posted:

also for the cool smart people who have their music saved on a computer you can run your own free commercial-free streaming service for yourself and your friends with subsonic

Wow thanks for this

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Media Monkey

somuch_gravy
Oct 25, 2014

this place is good and not bad

The Goatfather posted:

this is cool as gently caress and youve change my life

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Fat Lowtax posted:

iTunes is bad and forces me to install actual, real-life garbage. Windows Groove can't find my music somehow? Like bitch it's right there. MediaMonkey is bad too. Everything is bad.
VLC media player is pretty good.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

jBrereton posted:

VLC media player is pretty good.
media player classic home cinema is better

Uxzuigal
Jan 16, 2013

Chill Berserker Dude

symbolic posted:

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
pandora

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

has rammstein dead baby album art on the front page of the website, hm yes nothing autistic about this [spoiler]fcuk you dad[/spo]iler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

i too remember 2002

• Locked thread