Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Batcat! Batcat!
Dec 21, 2009

It's been a long time since I've been this excited by a new album. Feels like this will finally overtake Kid A in the Radiohead oeuvre for me. The Paul Motherfucking-Thomas Anderson video for Daydreaming is brilliant, it's so good that it almost eclipses the brilliant stop-motion Burn the Witch video.

Can't wait. Just can't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batcat! Batcat!
Dec 21, 2009

Ballz posted:

Maybe Lift will be one of the bonus tracks. :unsmith:

If you zoom in on the picture of the Special Edition the bonus disc has track names printed on it.

"Spectre" and "B Word" or "B Ward".

Got a WAV download when I ordered the special edition.

Batcat! Batcat!
Dec 21, 2009

modestmusashi posted:

This is objectively wrong, right?

Yeah. To think this you must not have earballs installed. You'd have to go to Pablo Honey for a Radiohead album that sounds less like this.

Puppy Galaxy posted:

There's no reason to buy the 24bit wav. your ears will not be able to tell the difference between that and 16bit. Your ears will also likely not be able to tell the difference between that and 320kbps.

You can convert wav to ALAC and put it in your iTunes.

24bit ONLY gets you more Dynamic Range (way beyond what your ears can hear, even more so if you're not 3 years old). And this album is DR5, so even less reason to pretend like you have golden earholes.

Batcat! Batcat! fucked around with this message at 19:40 on May 8, 2016

Batcat! Batcat!
Dec 21, 2009

Famethrowa posted:

I have a pair of Sennheiser HD 515's that I love dearly.

Let me second this recommendation. The new model is called the HD 518 West. The newer HD series (518, 558, 598) Sennheisers also make cable replacement really easy (no soldering).

I have HD 555s that are now my throw-in-notebook-bag-go-to-work pair that is 10 years old and they are still perfect. I upgraded my at-home headphones to the 598 and yeah, its awesome. I do not regret a single cent I've spent on these. They are EXTREMELY comfortable and the audio is sublime.

Audiophiles in general are on the same level as Scientologists, who believe they have superhuman ears and that they totally need (and can hear) the 140+ db of dynamic range from their 24bit FLACs. Also paying $20 000 for a special CD player = worth it. Don't loving listen to them. Ever.

Batcat! Batcat!
Dec 21, 2009

BigFactory posted:

IDK this is being hyped up as one of the big releases of the summer? After Drake's bummer of an album a few weeks ago I just need to hear something upbeat. Gorillaz please salvage this poo poo year of music.

To me this would be perfect to listen to, alone or with someone that shares an appreciation for this kind of introspective music. Wine or whiskey to go with it.

This album will be perfect, somewhere peaceful with someone great.

Batcat! Batcat! fucked around with this message at 18:18 on May 9, 2016

Batcat! Batcat!
Dec 21, 2009

Why is it a missed opportunity?

You think Radiohead are aspiring to be Smash Mouth or something?

Sorry that Radiohead, ONCE AGAIN (they're fuckin dicks I know), didn't provide you the summer anthem you've always wanted.

Batcat! Batcat!
Dec 21, 2009

BigFactory posted:

jfc I'm not asking for them to be smash mouth, but they could take a few cues from Coldplay or Justin Bieber and write a couple songs that are smart and sexy with great production but also have some pop sensibilities. Not too much to ask.

You raise a good point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batcat! Batcat!
Dec 21, 2009

BigFactory posted:

People break up, sometimes they have kids. You don't know if it's really lovely or not.

If no one is angry and everyone remembers to be grown ups, its significantly better. Its a part of life.