Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

PMush Perfect posted:

1. Never give an option you don't want people to take. Whatever option you least want them to take, they will.
2. Start simple, with a single strong throughline, and let the details flow from what feels natural out of the discussion and choices.
3. Have a plan, but don't be afraid to deviate from it. A lot.
4. The greatest weapon in a gamewriter's arsenal is player speculation.

5. Expect them to write-in the option you didn't want them to take even though you left it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The Game Room could use a CYOA tag so people can see which are active at a glance.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Thanks everyone for running all these good games.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Decided to make a crafting themed CYOA. Come vote on what trade you'll learn in order to make a fortune selling shoddy gear that will fail to help heroes protect us from an encroaching horde of monsters.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3849944

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

CYOAs: a legitimate reason to make several posts in a row that are just "B" across different threads.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Not like IRC hasn't had bot problems recently.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

sheep-dodger posted:

The newest map of Wrecking Crew is about to start. It promises to be a murderiffic extravaganza, culminating in slaying a giant robot inside the Venusian atmosphere. If there are any aspiring murderologists in this crowd, now is the time to join the fun.

Wrecking Crew is a mostly PvE board game of violent post-apocalyptic blood sports. Every player is one of the contestants and updates happen Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Bee Bonk is an excellent GM, who has herded this particular group of cats through five maps already and has shown no signs of slowing down. Along the way space stations have been decommissioned, moons ignited, battleships crashed and alien probes reassembled, all accompanied by excellent graphic design, dialogue and since the last map even audio logs to collect. The rule set is relatively simple to learn, but offers a surprising amount of interaction for weird maneouvers and trick shots if you know how to work it. So come on over and join us at Wrecking Crew!

I've got four supply drops bankrolled for this map and I'm giving them away to new players, so come try it out.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Brawnfire posted:

Edit: While I'm at it, here's a call for players. There's only four or five regular respondents, so if you're looking for a CYOA where your ideas can have heavy impact--and you relish making the author scramble--please join us! You'll be definitely welcome.

I would but I keep falling behind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Terraforming Drones

Let's make a planet inhabitable.