Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

Duzzy Funlop posted:

It has tracks, so I'm calling this a military-themed vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taLvoVXFDmM

Ah, Top Gear Russia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

Elendil004 posted:

Next time I'm home I'll dig up my grandfathers stuff. I still have a nazi flag he brought back, and a nazi typewriter...

Plot twist: It's not a typewriter.

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

FrozenVent posted:

That doesn’t seem like a whole lot of ammo

The rest is still in the tank because gently caress dragging it all out.

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

Yeah but you get a lot of people asking wtf is that, and then you get tell stories.

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013
I can't get over the cuirassiers.

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013
It may not be directly visible but there's a pretty clear progression, the writing was definitely on the walls. What's worse is that there were like 2 major European wars in between the ACW and WW1, not even counting the Russo Japanese war.

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

Blind Rasputin posted:

I’m always under the impression jet planes are incredibly fragile and the slightest rock or twig sucked into the engine would blow it or a bump like those would just cause the wing to break off. That’s insane.

Consider that Navy jets landing on a carrier is basically a crash landing.

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

Meanwhile, in Finland...

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

Literally every plane now has weight on wheels switch that doesn't allow that. I can believe that happening early on but not any time in the last 40 years or so.

I guess a defective WOW switch might cause it, though in most cases defective means either dead or loving with someone else's poo poo. I could also see someone working on it and forgetting to take the shim out.

I'm pretty sure each strut has it's own switch but if it didn't you could have problems if the nose strut is off the ground and the mains aren't...

Source: Me, an Airframer who hasn't Framed much air in the past few years cause he's too busy filling his lungs with isocyanates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

maffew buildings posted:

man that's a hosed up vape liquid even for you

Now I'm thinking about turning a respirator into a vape...