Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

more falafel please posted:

hj/kr/tt: what's the skinny on micromodal

i have some underwear that are micromodal and I never want to wear anything else

Much like any rayon, it's a bunch of plant pulp melted in acids and extruded, not spun. Iirc there's only one company that produces micromodal thread for fabric production, in Austria, and they claim it's much more environmentally friendly than viscose rayon, but you still have the issue of waste water disposal, acid neutralization in the wastewater and concerns about the use of tree cellulose from new growth rather than from reclaimed materials.

Never believe a corporation that is using buzzwords to sell you anything about textiles. Textiles, with rare exception, can be environmentally devastating when made from plant fiber especially when it's a novel textile and not something spun directly from bast or from seed-fibers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Also I could talk for days about textiles and how we get them, please do not get me angry about the silk industry unless you want a three page effort rant.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Also as it is Irish history month I would like to remind everyone that there was not a "famine" in Ireland caused by natural causes, please read up before you joke about it.

RickRogers

Woh, is that a thing I like??

Teddy Thunders posted:

Also as it is Irish history month I would like to remind everyone that there was not a "famine" in Ireland caused by natural causes, please read up before you joke about it.

Let's talk about Ireland:

1. It is cool.

2. Has a nice sounding language.

3. Ballymena

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

RickRogers posted:

Let's talk about Ireland:

1. It is cool.

2. Has a nice sounding language.

3. Ballymena

Big fan myself, spent a lot of time in Waterford and Kerry and you know what? It's a nice place full of nice people. I would get extremely unbyob of I started talking too much about the history because there's a current living history of the same poo poo happening and anyway I have a lot of opinions about dividing the island and the things Those People From The Other Island have, and still, do.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

The cool part about Ireland is that everyone there has an opinion about Tayto and it's the leading cause of family rows.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

The best place in Ireland is my friend's mam's house because her kitchen is bright lemon-lime green tile floor to ceiling and she will screech at you if you leave the immersion on.

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

Teddy Thunders posted:

Yeah the UK hosed Ireland over because yet again we are the dirtbag worst

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Rarity posted:

To be fair I blame *checks notes* actually you're correct. But I still love you. Let's get forums married.

RickRogers

Rarity posted:

:eek:

My gGrandad was an Orangeman which is weird because I think that eating that many carrots would be really hard.

More good things about Ireland:

1. Got cool rocks
2. Tayto tayto tayto tayto.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

There's two different Tayto companies btw. The one in the free state is superior not only because it's free state Tayto but because the crisps are less greasy.

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

Teddy Thunders posted:

Let's get forums married.

Sorry I'm already married to posting

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

hbag

guys i cant be fuckin bothered going to this webinar in 20 minutes even though its literally just sitting there listening to my instructor on a microsoft teams call
but i also dont want to look like im not taking poo poo seriously

ech

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Rarity posted:

Sorry I'm already married to posting

B-but I'm polyamorous, I post in more than one forum!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

hbag posted:

guys i cant be fuckin bothered going to this webinar in 20 minutes even though its literally just sitting there listening to my instructor on a microsoft teams call
but i also dont want to look like im not taking poo poo seriously

ech

Turn off your camera and claim it's broken.

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

Teddy Thunders posted:

B-but I'm polyamorous, I post in more than one forum!

Polyposterous

hbag

Teddy Thunders posted:

Turn off your camera and claim it's broken.

nobody has their camera on anyway tbh
but they make us type poo poo in the chat to make sure we're listening

----------------

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

hbag posted:

nobody has their camera on anyway tbh
but they make us type poo poo in the chat to make sure we're listening

Listen for the keywords and if you can't get them play tech-confused and turn off your router so it disconnects you from the call halfway through.

This only works if you're not a computer toucher though.

Prof. Crocodile

Jaguars! posted:

It's Friday, we're going to covid level 2, There's been an earthquake, a tsunami warning, tidal surges (no one got hurt) Tonite I'm going to party like a guy stuck in a flat that can't disturb his neighbours too much :dance:

whoa how did this post fall through the cracks? I hope you are safe and sufficiently partied out.

where do you live op? it sounds like a Roland emmerich movie. :ohdear:

hbag

Teddy Thunders posted:

Listen for the keywords and if you can't get them play tech-confused and turn off your router so it disconnects you from the call halfway through.

This only works if you're not a computer toucher though.

yeah i uh

im doing a computer science course

also, bonus cirrus:

him...........

----------------

Timelord

what a wonderful boy!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

hbag posted:

yeah i uh

im doing a computer science course

also, bonus cirrus:

him...........

Lol rippppppp

Join us in computer engineering where we are too smart to be bothered with petty things like "posting attention" and "going to meetings" and instead we heavily self medicate and tear our sackcloth and scream to the gods.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Also please tell you are birb I love himb

hbag

Teddy Thunders posted:

Also please tell you are birb I love himb

theyre my friend's birb but i will pass the message along

----------------

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
I was opening up a medicine packet and I scraped half the polish off a nail, this is an outrage :saddowns:

cruft

I've started setting a light to turn on at 04:45 so I can be ready for the legal mandate that I wake up an hour earlier next Sunday.

It was okay. Woke up at 05:35 this morning it the middle of a dream that I was trying to get to L'arc de Triomphe along a canal with weird performance artists doing some juggling act with a barge on the river. Suddenly, I realized the sun was up and I needed to be awake.

So I guess it's going okay. Only 40 minutes to go.

Prof. Crocodile

Timelord posted:

what a wonderful boy!

love that new av

Stoner Sloth

hi byob, ilu

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

Stoner Sloth posted:

hi byob, ilu

:same:

Prof. Crocodile

Glutes Are Great posted:

byob is like posting valhalla, even if you disappear for a while to go out for adventures and fight monsters, you can always come back and have a nice feast with your friends for all eternity

I believe that BYOB is the spiritual home of all true posters, a place to which all those committed to the posting arts will eventually come to hone their craft, and immerse themselves in the practice of pure posting. Some will stay longer than others, and some will return often while others will visit only once.

Like a cloud-shrouded monastery in a kung-fu film, it is a place that is open to all, but only few will make the pilgrimage and accept the customs of the Hammock Kitty.

Although BYOB may seem strange and anachronistic to outsiders, those who make the journey to this hallowed stylesheet will find a Shangri-La where GBS superstars, mods from illustrious subforums, and newbies sit down and post together as equals to experiment with new styles of humor, get lost in esoteric jokes from the otherworldly past of the forum, or just say :nice:.

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
How do I become a GBS superstar please advise

Timelord

Prof. Crocodile posted:

love that new av

:yaybutt:<3

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Rarity posted:

How do I become a GBS superstar please advise

Don’t ask if you can, ask if you should.

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

RickRogers

Prof. Crocodile posted:

I believe that BYOB is the spiritual home of all true posters, a place to which all those committed to the posting arts will eventually come to hone their craft, and immerse themselves in the practice of pure posting. Some will stay longer than others, and some will return often while others will visit only once.

Like a cloud-shrouded monastery in a kung-fu film, it is a place that is open to all, but only few will make the pilgrimage and accept the customs of the Hammock Kitty.

Although BYOB may seem strange and anachronistic to outsiders, those who make the journey to this hallowed stylesheet will find a Shangri-La where GBS superstars, mods from illustrious subforums, and newbies sit down and post together as equals to experiment with new styles of humor, get lost in esoteric jokes from the otherworldly past of the forum, or just say :nice:.

:nice:

Nexein

"Donuts of
Champions"
GM frens it's very cold and windy here and I hope everyone else is significantly more warm and cozy than I am

Spring soon please

https://giant.gfycat.com/FragrantGorgeousLeech.mp4
Spring masterpiece courtesy of Prof. Crocodile, thanks!

hbag

i love budgies so much

----------------

Bilirubin

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Happy Friday m'dudes

OMGVBFLOL posted:

if you have the money and the patience, you can Hello Kitty anything

Thank you deep dish peat moss!
more falafel please

forums poster

i took the day off because i was supposed to be on a mini vacation but since that got canned due to a positive test (not mine, and asymptomatic) I just have the day off so I'm just gonna brew a beer instead

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Don’t ask if you can, ask if you should.

Ok should I become a GBS superstar? :kiddo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gramps

happy fryday Orbs it's my favorite coworker's last day and I'm kinda bummed but i have lots of cigars and whisky so I think I can cope