Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xcheopis

We also have condors and condors are cool.

Fifteen years taking prescriptions
Now a shrink like, "I dunno, maybe get a kitten"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B33rChiller

xcheopis posted:

We also have condors and condors are cool.
Agreed v. Cool
Never seen one. Still on the list. Saw some albatross in the middle of the Pacific once though. Impressive.

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
Ohtori Akio
Big fan of driving around in a major city and just seeing a bald eagle.

xcheopis

Heather Papps

hello friend

Finger Prince posted:

Bird names are weird. In North America, some people call vultures buzzards, but buzzards in Britain/Europe are basically the same as red tailed hawks without the red tails.

that is interesting. robin is the same thing, they do look kinda similar. i think the european version looks like the first evolution and the north american version is the final form or something.

B33rChiller posted:

Couple old fishing photos.

bring back the p tail

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

barclayed

"I just saved your ass... with MONOPOLY!"
my family decided gently caress cooking, so we just went to golden corral (chain buffet restaurant) for Thanksgiving dinner and tbh, was a lot nicer than i expected. ate a lot of carrot cake.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
All this focus on the bald eagle. But no one wants to talk about the chevelëure eagle. :colbert:

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
Everyone's talking about bald eagles, but no mention of just ordinary eagles.

Activia

Goal: some kind of neat moth
happy eagle day everyone!

thanks deep dish peat moss for the Pomelo Princess!

Finger Prince

The "it's probably just extensions" Eagle -bald eagle

Robot Made of Meat

roomforthetuna posted:

Eagle Phillips.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

sb hermit

barclayed posted:

my family decided gently caress cooking, so we just went to golden corral (chain buffet restaurant) for Thanksgiving dinner and tbh, was a lot nicer than i expected. ate a lot of carrot cake.

:nice:

xcheopis

barclayed posted:

I ordered food from Rockridge Market Hall and Gregory's Gourmet Desserts and we will be eating this up for days. It's awesome.
(our kitchen absolutely sucks for doing anything remotely "complex", such as cooking more than two things at a time.)

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Did Rammstein just quit?

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

roomforthetuna posted:

Well, for one thing they are nearly extinct, so it's kinda like unicorns, a creature of legend these days. Turns out needing all that hair product is not a good survival mechanism!

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

B33rChiller

Viginti Septem posted:

Did Rammstein just quit?

I think it's just a new song. They're still selling tickets to 2023 tour dates on the website.

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
That video had a weird feel. Made me uneasy

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

B33rChiller posted:

I think it's just a new song. They're still selling tickets to 2023 tour dates on the website.

I hope they don't cancel 'cause I bought a ticket for next year. They are finally coming here and I've always wanted to see all the fire, explosions, and other nifty effects.

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
Today was my friend's birthday so we went nighttime tobogganning which so fun and super fast and then after we sat around a campfire with hot chocolate, toasted marshmallows and sparklers while Xmas lights lit up the trees around us.

It was really fun :shobon:

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Okay, good. :colbert: They're not allowed to leave yet

Still too much to learn from them

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Rarity posted:

Today was my friend's birthday so we went nighttime tobogganning which so fun and super fast and then after we sat around a campfire with hot chocolate, toasted marshmallows and sparklers while Xmas lights lit up the trees around us.

That sounds awesome 😎

Shifty Nipples

I live near a bald eagle nest so I too see them occasionally

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

Shifty Nipples

oh and i've seen what i think is a goshawk in my backyard once or twice frightening my chickens

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

xcheopis

Rarity posted:

:yayclod:

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Ghouls are Ghastly posted:

You know what guys, I didn't have a good day in the morning, I felt really bad and also medical things and heavy thoughts, nothing fun!
However I was then motivated to go and do some climbing, boy it's been forever that I did that and obviously I didn't feel like that at all but then I also didn't really have the strength to argue why not (I agreed to it before just didn't know it was today!)
So then we did that and I'm smashed and my body is about to fall apart entirely I'm quite certain but you know what, I feel loving amazing

On the way home, I saw the sun shining on the red orange wilderness of the forests around here, in what feels like a void far away from the real world, there were horses and cows and for some reason one goat that was shouting at me specifically and personally and then, I couldn't believe it, I saw an actual goddamn eagle, an actual eagle, do you know how rare they are around here?? I don't think I ever saw one with my own eyes but it's the mountains here so it's possible but still super rare and endangered and everything, but boy what a beauty that guy was

I did want to say thank you for this motivation to get out and walk a tiny bit today. It was good for the soul to be out of the house. I took a few pics and it was cathartic. Take care, GaG

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Manifisto posted:

:sympathy: very sorry to hear about your situation friend. good for you for standing up for what you are owed, though, and especially good for you for taking the steps to make use of your school's resources. you've clearly got a ton of talent as you keep showing all of us in this forum, with the right combination of resources and assistance I'm sure there is a path to a situation that is not just workable but actively good. hang in there.

Thanks, Mani. I've gotten more comfortable using byob as a sounding board when I get off track, to help me re-orient. It takes me a long time to check where all the safety rails are, and which boundaries to not cross and poo poo, but I feel truly among friends here while I work out trying to be a better person every day, which is tougher some days than others. I appreciate the helpful nudges this forum and the posters within offer.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Stoner Sloth posted:

can completely understand, offer is open if you every change your mind of course. glad you got at least a few people you can call to talk to and that you post here with us pal!

Thank you, sloth. I'm very bad at responding to people. I've gotten so used to making things about myself in life that sometimes I forget how to dislodge my head from my rear end. I had to pull up your posts to track down your response just now.

What did you do for the holidays? At least get any good discord gaming in? I'm sad to hear you had to endure solo mode for the holidays this year, you're a good egg and deserve good people to be around. You have the yobbers, and from what I saw in my brief stay in yobcord, those are a great group of friends to be around. They would do anything for you. I know it's not the same as being able to spend in-person time with them but it's something.

I hope you can get your sleep issues looked at/dealt with properly in the near future, I cannot imagine what it must be like to go through that. Sleep is a hidey spot for me, a sanctuary. Yes u deserve some good rest, Lord knows you have earned it with all the outreach you do with yobbers.

Escape From Noise

xcheopis posted:

As a defense mechanism, Turkey Vultures may vomit on a bird, animal, or human that gets too close. Considering what they eat, this can be a powerful weapon.
:stonklol:

This is some Maribou stork poo poo. I'm... terrified of birds tbh.

Escape From Noise

Is there a loving music app even slightly less buggy than YT Music? Piece of poo poo crashes multiple times during a single album listen. It's loving awful.

xcheopis

I use VLC on my phone and it's far from perfect but at least it doesn't crash on me.

Stoner Sloth

Rarity posted:

:unsmith: awww that's lovely my posting pal, glad you had a nice time and could celebrate your friends birthday in such a fun way!

Viginti Septem posted:

Thank you, sloth. I'm very bad at responding to people. I've gotten so used to making things about myself in life that sometimes I forget how to dislodge my head from my rear end. I had to pull up your posts to track down your response just now.

What did you do for the holidays? At least get any good discord gaming in? I'm sad to hear you had to endure solo mode for the holidays this year, you're a good egg and deserve good people to be around. You have the yobbers, and from what I saw in my brief stay in yobcord, those are a great group of friends to be around. They would do anything for you. I know it's not the same as being able to spend in-person time with them but it's something.

I hope you can get your sleep issues looked at/dealt with properly in the near future, I cannot imagine what it must be like to go through that. Sleep is a hidey spot for me, a sanctuary. Yes u deserve some good rest, Lord knows you have earned it with all the outreach you do with yobbers.

oh not at all friend! you were fine, and i totally undersatnd! i know that some folks find discord moves too fast for their personal taste - i do too sometimes but fortunately i'm too tired and slothful to be bothered by it lol

here it's not been holidays just yet (we australians are a thankless and godless peoples) but it's mostly been good - just chatting with discord pals and our friend CJ streams lots of cool things and yeah some really fun game sessions playing jackbox - yobbers are creative and funny people so that's always a blast! you're right about them being good friends but have a couple of close peoples irl who i've known for many years... they're all going through dramas but still knowing they're there helps too. chilling with orbs does too though for sure!

finally getting some warmer weather after an unusually wet and cold few years, it's not been so bad here (although the road out back of my house washed away lol) but the eastern states have been copping it bad so it's hopeful to see that start to change and some tshirt and shorts weather starting up especially as it's so close to summer here!

thank you for the kind thoughts and words, much appreciated - i really appreciate our community here and am happy to do what little i can to give back where i can. and i feel pretty blessed if i have helped any of my fellow orbs or irl humans in some small way though :shobon:

as for the sleep... well sadly barring research breakthroughs i'm at the end of the road after over a decade of trying lol well everything.

but that is okay! i've adapted and learned to just concentrate on living the best life i can and doing my best. all ya can do really sometimes. and who knows maybe santa will bring me a good solid four hours rest!

in any case much love to you and wishing you and Kacie (who is amazing and pls tell her i love her) a chill and happy holidays and a better 2023 for all of us!!

Stoner Sloth

roomforthetuna posted:

Escape From Noise

xcheopis posted:

I use VLC on my phone and it's far from perfect but at least it doesn't crash on me.

https://twitter.com/drewtoothpaste/status/525044698071957505?s=20

Escape From Noise

Edit: NVM. Over sharing.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Nov 25, 2022

Goons Are Gifts

Viginti Septem posted:

I did want to say thank you for this motivation to get out and walk a tiny bit today. It was good for the soul to be out of the house. I took a few pics and it was cathartic. Take care, GaG

Yes!! It's incredible and I still can't believe it myself, but sports can be like a nice injection of motivation and changing perspective! It may feel unintuitive, but it's good!

Goons Are Gifts

Escape From Noise posted:

:glomp: just in case!

xcheopis

:sympathy:

xcheopis

That is pretty funny

Escape From Noise

Is there a way to upload audio files to a server I can access from my phone with VLC player, or is the only option for audio files on my phone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis

Is there a way to upload audio files to a server I can access from my phone with VLC player, or is the only option for audio files on my phone?

I'm sorry, I just do basic playlists, so I don't know anything more advanced than just transfers from my computer.