Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinzla

bad guy posted:

anal popemobile

Anal Seat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas

cruft posted:

My mom died in April from Alzheimer's. I guess it's just one of the many ways people can die, and at least for me, it was pretty gradual, there was no moment where like an orchestra played a diminished chord and I realized she didn't know me anymore. Hoping this is similar to your experience, HW.

Yeah, it completely sucks when someone you love is there but also not there and there's nothing you can do about it. I'm sorry for your loss, I've been pretty lucky that most of the family members I've been close to who died were pretty lucid all the way up to the end so I could continue to visit them and spend time with them and say goodbye, but I know I can't necessarily count on that with my dad.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

rear end-penny posted:

wow ok rambling now but suffice to say I'm An Old who does not like dealing with this new fangled way of listening to music. were CDs and tapes really too much work.
AIMP works pretty well for playing your own music when you're an old who doesn't like to use only internet music.

(And Total Commander makes putting the music files onto the phone a lot easier than any of the Android native apps which seem to be actively repelled by the idea that you might want to actually own and control files.)

Heather Papps

hello friend

today i did a bunch of yard stuff and sweated. almost put another box on my hive but i think i'll wait till tomorrow because i was wearing a black shirt and also black jean cutoffs when checking the hive today and i could hear them start to get a little upset with my presence.
i think there are a lot of folk in byob with bees and you know when you can hear the tenor of the hive shift? anyways i closed it up and kept working away other things.

i moved here last year and didn't do much with the yard last summer and i am actively trying to make my back yard a nice comfy place to hang out. i haven't hung my hammock yet and i am thinking this needs to happen very soon.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Manifisto

roomforthetuna posted:

AIMP works pretty well for playing your own music when you're an old who doesn't like to use only internet music.

(And Total Commander makes putting the music files onto the phone a lot easier than any of the Android native apps which seem to be actively repelled by the idea that you might want to actually own and control files.)

PowerAmp may be an old android app, I dunno, but I've had it forever (I paid a few bucks) for mp3 playback and it works great. I have an SD card full of my music and it deals with it very well, you can even browse and play things using the file system instead of tags etc and that can be a livesaver. copying my music library to the SD card was super simple, I just dragged and dropped.

ty nesamdoom!

cruft

Heather Papps posted:

i think there are a lot of folk in byob with bees and you know when you can hear the tenor of the hive shift? anyways i closed it up and kept working away other things.

lovely beekeeper here: hell yes I know that sound.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Heather Papps posted:

today i did a bunch of yard stuff and sweated. almost put another box on my hive but i think i'll wait till tomorrow because i was wearing a black shirt and also black jean cutoffs when checking the hive today and i could hear them start to get a little upset with my presence.

i moved here last year and didn't do much with the yard last summer and i am actively trying to make my back yard a nice comfy place to hang out. i haven't hung my hammock yet and i am thinking this needs to happen very soon.

Oh yup that sound is the sound of me getting the gently caress out quick so I'm not killed by angry ladies.

I'm gonna put some more soothing smelling plants on my deck this coming weekend, because I have new deck planter boxes thanks to freecycle. I'm thinking more lavender and more bee balm.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Mormon Nailer posted:

I have new deck planter boxes thanks to freecycle.

this reminds me i have a stove and some furniture i need to move asap.

also, for making bees happy some few things are better than clover. asike clover is specifically small enough for honeybees to get into. i guess if you lived in a lush region red clover would produce enough nectar for those sweet honeys to get at but i dunno

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Heather Papps posted:

this reminds me i have a stove and some furniture i need to move asap.

also, for making bees happy some few things are better than clover. asike clover is specifically small enough for honeybees to get into. i guess if you lived in a lush region red clover would produce enough nectar for those sweet honeys to get at but i dunno

I have the clover cover crops in for this reason!!! It makes happy honey.

Heather Papps

hello friend

i have tasted nothing in my life like fresh clover honey. any words are a distraction from the reality that it's experiential and transcendent, fresh from the hive, still warmed by the vibration of thousand of sisters working together.

the first time i tasted comb straight from the hive i wept for joy.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

It's almost an otherworldly thing, to be out there surrounded by chill bees just hanging out, barfing up food both for their colony and for you, in open nature, just vibing. I absolutely believe that bees are liminal creatures.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Jesus Christ, the grey forums exist.

Anyway today I'm looking at plants I could plant for the fall, and one of them that I'm looking at is shawo fruit radish. It's very mild, almost like pear flavor, and they're planted about 50 days before first frost. Exciting.

Escape From Noise

Mormon Nailer posted:

Jesus Christ, the grey forums exist.

Anyway today I'm looking at plants I could plant for the fall, and one of them that I'm looking at is shawo fruit radish. It's very mild, almost like pear flavor, and they're planted about 50 days before first frost. Exciting.

What do they pear with?

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Escape From Noise posted:

What do they pear with?

Apples.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Manifisto posted:

this is a v good sig, it goes well with your old mouse series of paintings

ty :)

Dukes Mayo Clinic
All the pods are packed and getting picked up tomorrow! Moving has not yet beaten me.

My aunt died from Alzheimer’s. My mom’s anxious about it but still as lucid as ever at 75. Brains are wild.

Bingo Bango

My dad gave me back a bunch of my boxes that had been in storage since he moved, including several boxes of dolls. One of them is undoubtedly haunted/possessed. How would you get rid of a haunted doll with out cursing yourself by mistake?

Literally A Person

Smugworth Wuz Here

Bingo Bango posted:

My dad gave me back a bunch of my boxes that had been in storage since he moved, including several boxes of dolls. One of them is undoubtedly haunted/possessed. How would you get rid of a haunted doll with out cursing yourself by mistake?

Have you tried burning sage???

xcheopis

Bingo Bango posted:

Play dress-up. It confuses them and they wander off on their own.

Fifteen years taking prescriptions
Now a shrink like, "I dunno, maybe get a kitten"

Bingo Bango

If you were a doll imbued with spiritual energy, would getting sold at a yard sale be a slight or would you be pleased that someone who wanted you chose to take you home?

Literally A Person

Smugworth Wuz Here
If I'm going to someone who's going to play with me, you know tea parties and poo poo, I'd be pumped.

Bingo Bango

yeah, dolls don't understand the concept of money right?? she would have no idea if she was a steal or not.

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
There's a mausoleum here that has a basement but it's pretty much at sea level so it floods all the time

Coincidentally there's a 4 foot teddy bear in there and guess what happens every time you go into the basement?
The creepy giant teddy bear is in a new spot, maybe under a shelf or right next to the entrance, cause it gets relocated during basement floods

Ahhhhhhhhhh

Finger Prince

Has anyone ever gone back to visit a city they used to live in and still have friends in and just decided to be tourists there and not tell anyone or try to make plans to meet up?
I was just thinking of the last time I was back in London. Just having a day and a night out by ourselves and nobody we knew knew we were there. It was fun.

cruft

Bingo Bango posted:

How would you get rid of a haunted doll with out cursing yourself by mistake?

eBay

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
I can see how you made this mistake, but I think the question was meant to be "without cursing yourself" rather than "with out-cursing yourself".

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

For sale: baby doll, never played with

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

bad guy

Bingo Bango posted:

why would you want to get rid of a haunted doll

Finger Prince

I went out for a long bicycle ride today and I am now sporting the most righteous farmer's tan/burn on my arms and also whatever the equivalent is on your legs when you wear shorts.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Really fuckin pumped for Reservation Dogs, Sterlin made good

Robot Made of Meat

My dad called me a bit ago and thanked me for having him and my mom over for father's day.

You'd have to be from the upper midwest to understand how completely unsettling this is. It's not at all normal.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

cruft

It's 85° in the bedroom, ugh

bad guy

cruft posted:

It's 85° in the bedroom, ugh

turn on the heat, reverse psychology

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

Robot Made of Meat posted:

My dad called me a bit ago and thanked me for having him and my mom over for father's day.

You'd have to be from the upper midwest to understand how completely unsettling this is. It's not at all normal.

I am from the upper Midwest, and I do understand.
That reminds me of a time a few months after I'd started a new job halfway across the country from my parents. I was talking to my dad on the phone, and explaining that I wouldn't be able to visit for Christmas, because I didn't have enough money for the airfare. My dad then offered to pay for my airline ticket, and I literally almost fainted dead away.
He lived to be 100 years old, and he played a mean game of cribbage right up until the end.

Bilirubin

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Robot Made of Meat posted:

ya hey dere

I am just back from a nice birthday afternoon out at one of our favourite restaurants/wine bars, on the patio, chilling with good food and wine and saying hi to the neighbourhood doggos, now home, with her yelling at her Montreal Canadiens and me chillign with more win eand some sour diesel. Life almost seems...normal? Weird.

OMGVBFLOL posted:

if you have the money and the patience, you can Hello Kitty anything

Thank you deep dish peat moss!
Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
Bingo Bango, you're not selling the haunted dolls. Here's what you're gonna do instead:

Keep the box stashed away in your cupboard. Then every time you go round to visit a friend you're going to take one of the haunted dolls and bring it with you. Then when you're at your friend's at one point you're going to make an excuse to leave the room then you're going to take that haunted doll and you are going to hide it somewhere in your friend's house for them to discover weeks, months or maybe even years later. Give your friends the greatest gift of all, a new found appreciation for their own mortality.

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Uria aalge

Chi-la-la-la-lax

Armitage posted:

dropping in and making sure the ol' place is holding up okay and I am glad to see it's still doing well.

:hfive::hydrogen:

Thank you for the winter sig, Heather Papps!

Thanks for the summer sig, ChubbyChecker!

"Nobody owns life, but everyone who can pick up a frying pan owns death" - Kurt Cobain

Ass-penny

Rarity posted:

Bingo Bango, you're not selling the haunted dolls. Here's what you're gonna do instead:

Keep the box stashed away in your cupboard. Then every time you go round to visit a friend you're going to take one of the haunted dolls and bring it with you. Then when you're at your friend's at one point you're going to make an excuse to leave the room then you're going to take that haunted doll and you are going to hide it somewhere in your friend's house for them to discover weeks, months or maybe even years later. Give your friends the greatest gift of all, a new found appreciation for their own mortality.

:respek:

Escape From Noise

I did that thing where you accidentally slam the exact center of the back of your hand on a corner, so now my entire hand is sore as hell and I just kind of wish I was dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Man. I feel like poo poo. I don't want to cook but I have chicken I marinated so I pretty much have to. Bleh.