Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matoi Ryuko

Status_Surge posted:

Hello again BYOB, i recently adopted my friends cat.

Hello! I adopted two of my friends cats recently!

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

i recently emigrated from gbs, i was told there was plenty of jobs and free healthcare here.

Hello!

i don't have many talents except i cook food ok, i made this for a lady on saturday:

it is digby scallops seared in brown butter in a maple bacon cup on lemon risotto.

also i am good at both spoiling and harassing my cats if that counts.

status_surge your cat is an adorable floof

Is that golden tinfoil flakes!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko

hi matoi! it is 24k gold flake. surprisingly affordable actually.

byob seems pretty great and chill.

I learned about edible gold foil a few years ago from this video about this 1000$ ice cream cone from NYC! It's totally cool!

Matoi Ryuko

Furia posted:

I think I would like to get skeletoned, if possible

tia

Matoi Ryuko

FluffieDuckie posted:

welcome gotdonuts :wave:

that sure is a good username. i'll be we could come up with some awesome avs for that one.

Matoi Ryuko

FluffieDuckie posted:

it's a good robot. it defends us from broken servers and badly written code

He's bigger than big, taller than tall, quicker than quick, stronger than strong, ready to fight for right against wrong!!

Matoi Ryuko

MrWillsauce posted:

hey so can I get some grilled cheese tips please? I am craving some grilled cheese, but I gently caress up even basic stuff in the kitchen. Like, I can't even make over easy eggs without breaking the yolks half the time because I suck that bad. Basically I got butterfingers. Normally butter is good for making a grilled cheese, but it's like all over my fingers instead of on the bread. poo poo.

Anyway, my bread is kinda stale, will that matter really?
Should I use grated cheese? Whenever I do, some cheese falls out when I flip the sandwich, and it gets everywhere and burns at my grilled cheese just turns into two pieces of bread covered in fried cheese, which is edible but it makes me feel like an animal to eat. Maybe I just need to improve my flip skills.
Should I fry the bread a little before adding the cheese? Should I fry both sides of each piece and then add the cheese and melt it, or just assemble the sandwich and fry the two outside sides?

Basically I am spatula-challenged. Someone help me I can't even do bachelor cooking right. Just walk me through how to make this grilled cheese like I'm five please.

wasn't sure whether to post this here or E/N

Maybe you should grill two slices of bread at the same time, and only use one slice of cheese, then you can just put the cheeseless slice ontop of the other slice and then flip it all togeather!

Matoi Ryuko

MrWillsauce posted:

dude you are a life-saver. Anyone else got some hot tips or strategies?

Oh yeah, instead of breaking your eggs on the edge of your table or countertop or whatnot, break them on a flat surface! That might help with your yolk issues!

Matoi Ryuko

barfdog posted:

i'd like a 2016 byob sig but i'm not sure where everyone is getting theirs from :(

Matoi Ryuko

misty mountaintop posted:

I would like a sig. Is there a sig thread? Can I even get a sig if I don't have plat?

Here's a sig I made for you!!

I made this quick tutorial a while back to show how to change your signature!

Matoi Ryuko

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

These sigs are awesome matoi! I was wondering where they were all coming from, I saw them all over the place and was wondering where I missed the sig party. is it ok if i ask for one? :)

Matoi Ryuko

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Does the thread rule apply to mod lurkers? Murkers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkFM7CRMHXY

Yes! Welcome!

Matoi Ryuko

I love sgt. peppers!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs2aMiyT6es

Matoi Ryuko

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Me, I like me some Dr. Pepper and bourbon. Really takes the edge off.

Matoi Ryuko

Them's the breaks!! Gotta post it up, lurkers!

Matoi Ryuko

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I don't think former Prez Ahmadinejad is going to approve of drinking.

I don't either but I haven't got many "not bad" emotes!!

Matoi Ryuko

Absurd Alhazred posted:

What about :thumbsup: or :yeah:?

Yeah is a pretty good one, but thumbsup is a sarcastic emote!

Cool dog approves:

Matoi Ryuko

Doc Friday posted:

I suppose I ought to be posting more often.

I will post with you, buddy!

Matoi Ryuko

Bad Seafood posted:

What are the haps.

We like to post here! About whatever! You know how it goes. Life's a bit slower in the 'yob.

Matoi Ryuko

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Well, there's Space Jesus the Mormons pray to, and then there's Wizard Jesus that the Christian Scientists pray to, and of course Guilt Jesus for the Catholics and Money Jesus for the Televangelists. A Jesus for every taste.

I'm posting from the mormon planet, me and mormon jesus were hanging out last night and watching trailer park boys.

Matoi Ryuko

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I'm a level 9000 Jew by birth, I know these things.

Look at you, making us feel bad for having no Jesus to hang out with.

I'm not sure he's the jesus, I think he's like a different jesus. I don't know he doesn't talk about himself that much. :shrug:

Matoi Ryuko

mister magpie posted:

I'm a smart guy

I'm a dumb guy!!

Matoi Ryuko

mister magpie posted:

Don't say that!

It's true!! Smart people told me so!

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

im more of a knucklehead

or a lummox, if you will

Are you a big lummox or just an average sized lummox!

Matoi Ryuko

The plight of the average sized lummox often goes underrepresented in the media, sorry friend!!

Matoi Ryuko

FluffieDuckie posted:

There are many different types of intelligence

At least that's what I tell myself when I can't get my shoes tied in the morning

It's because you forgot to take off your boot!!

Matoi Ryuko

Absurd Alhazred posted:

WHAT'S IN THE BOOOXX??!

A radioactive isotope.

Matoi Ryuko

:eyepop:

Matoi Ryuko

FluffieDuckie posted:

i'm of the opinion that if you have a sig you should be required to have sigs on. why do you have one we have to look at if you can't even see it?

Yeah!!

Matoi Ryuko

FluffieDuckie posted:

you're just sad you don't have one

we can help

I think he's just referencing the all your base are belong to us meme. :sweatdrop:

Matoi Ryuko

MrWillsauce posted:

sigs can be very annoying, but not yours, duckie; yours is modest and tasteful

I just hate the ones that are ten huge anime gifs.

:(

Matoi Ryuko

MrWillsauce posted:

yeah yours is good too but I gotta kiss the boss's butt, you know?

Oh I thought you were referring to me...:shobon:

Matoi Ryuko

FluffieDuckie posted:

he said he didn't like ones that were HUGE anime gifs

My sig is very large on mobile browsing. :sweatdrop:

Matoi Ryuko

Luvcow posted:

i think i have a nice subtle sig that adds flavor to my posts but i appreciate a good sig and there are many here

Mushroom flavor.

Matoi Ryuko

MrWillsauce posted:

saint boner and matoi could you please make Finn Pennywhistle a sig? ;)

Matoi Ryuko

Hello, friend!

Matoi Ryuko

SirEvelynTremble posted:

hi

i found this cute pic of kodama figures and didn't know where else to post it

It is as long as you're a lurker! :)

Matoi Ryuko

Incomplete Fish posted:

Hey BYOB check out my post!

I like it.

Matoi Ryuko

MrWillsauce posted:

hey what do you call it when you go back and edit something you wrote on the forum?

fixing it in post

lol

Matoi Ryuko

i flunked out posted:

ask gsjg, he's old @ heck too

Heck is actually younger than he is.

Matoi Ryuko

Scrapl posted:

hello there. I dont think i have much to say and watching everyone be funny a lot makes me feel like there's a lot of pressure. I know this isn't the case, but I can't help but think it's easier not to post. I just wanted to say that I think everyone is doing a great job of talking and being an internet community. Most of the time people talking is really annoying to me but this place is almost always funny and chill, and never bad. That's all...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, we really appreciate it! Please post some more! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko

Hi.