Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Maxwell Lord posted:

8:48- both men just sorta fall over

The most powerful double leg of all time. Mark Coleman's at home watching that and thinking "I need to get back in the gym, I've been shown up."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
This event got approximately 875 more posts than the usual Bellator card, so by SAmetrics it was a raging success.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

[nods sagely]

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

that Dada flair flop gif is classic, but there was a moment during the fight in the second round where the camera was solely on his dumb fat face and he looked like he was staring into the Abyss, cross eyed with lunatic fear.

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...
The great thing is that by the middle of the second round, that fight was going to a decision and there was nothing anyone could do about it, especially the fighters. Neither of them could generate enough power to KO Carla Esparza let alone each other. The only possible alternative ending was one of them collapsing from exhaustion. And sure enough...

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

super macho dude posted:

that Dada flair flop gif is classic, but there was a moment during the fight in the second round where the camera was solely on his dumb fat face and he looked like he was staring into the Abyss, cross eyed with lunatic fear.

I can't imagine what it must be like to be that tired and see either of those guys across from you. LIke, you know your opponent can hit like a truck and put you in the hospital if you can't defend yourself, and you are so tired that you know you can't defend yourself. What you don't know is that the other guy is just as tired as you are if not worse. So it turns into a wash. The funniest, most spectacular wash of all time.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/jeremybotter/status/701137492980858881

Dada/Kimbo almost killed a man

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Jesus

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

I know we make fun of them and all, but what it comes down to is two guys who were so exhausted they could barely stand were still trying to perform for us, and that apparently almost got one of them killed. Hope Dada comes through this okay...

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
holy poo poo. I was going to bring up that it feels like Bellator is getting dangerously close to putting on a big fight where a guy is going to literally die on prime time television. Coker really needs to consider if it's worth it to keep having 50 year olds and guys who have no business fighting be their stars.

I say this knowing full well UFC is trying to get Phillip CM Punker Brooks a UFC fight

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bubba Smith posted:

holy poo poo. I was going to bring up that it feels like Bellator is getting dangerously close to putting on a big fight where a guy is going to literally die on prime time television. Coker really needs to consider if it's worth it to keep having 50 year olds and guys who have no business fighting be their stars.

I say this knowing full well UFC is trying to get Phillip CM Punker Brooks a UFC fight

https://twitter.com/jeremybotter/status/701142492029145088

Punk will not cut 40 pounds of weight

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

Well, to be fair, Punker Brooks probably isn't going to die from exhaustion in a three-round fight...

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He fought "a tough veteran" what exactly?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
That Kimbo vs Dada fight was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Bellator forever

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Kimbo/Dada was the first MMA fight I've ever seen and I think I'm now hooked on MMA.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
The only way that could have been more entertaining would be if someone had died. So close.

Ironically Ken had to have one of his fights called off because he started having heart palpitations. Can't believe these fights were sanctioned.

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

origami posted:

Ironically Ken had to have one of his fights called off because he started having heart palpitations. Can't believe these fights were sanctioned.

That was back in Pride against Frye, right? I remember a gif of him being held in the corner gasping for air and turning into a Brock Lesnar/Mark Coleman shade of purple...

And to be honest, no one really saw the Kimbo/Dada fight going down like that. That thing had first round KO written all over it, and apparently even the fighters were banking on it.

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

double post somehow.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Don't Bet

Would have just said "on MMA", but it also applies to sports and, well, everything else

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

origami posted:

The only way that could have been more entertaining would be if someone had died. So close.

PETEY, MY HEART

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

acejackson42 posted:

That was back in Pride against Frye, right? I remember a gif of him being held in the corner gasping for air and turning into a Brock Lesnar/Mark Coleman shade of purple...

And to be honest, no one really saw the Kimbo/Dada fight going down like that. That thing had first round KO written all over it, and apparently even the fighters were banking on it.

It was against Fujita in Pride

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!
Having a dude almost die does, uh, sorta put a damper on this for me. Like was just said, it was a horrible display of pro MMA, but I guess you kinda have to give the dude credit for, well, showing heart as goofy as that sounds. He was literally dying and he was still standing there trying to tough it out to the bell. I feel fairly certain that if I felt my body totally failing on me, I'd sit down and tap out.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Agent Tough Juice posted:

give the dude credit for, well, showing heart

boooooooooo, too soon

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Do not even ask posted:

Kimbo/Dada was the first MMA fight I've ever seen and I think I'm now hooked on MMA.

its pretty much all like this

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*
Dhafir's Heart-Stopping Cagefighting Tour

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
I'm glad the guy didn't die, but I'm glad he almost did.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Didn't Shane Carwin also temporarily die while fighting Lesnar?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'm glad a freakshow org exists because god drat that was such a funny loving fight. Big John is mad less than halfway through the first. Kimbo has no clue whatsoever how to break free from dada's secret weapon: the bear hug from bottom.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

LobsterMobster posted:

PETEY, MY HEART

PETEY, MY BALLS

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President
Just caught up with this event and holy poo poo. :stare:

Props to Dada 5000 even though it was a shambles I hope he pulls through. Must suuuck to be 265+ pounds and have to go 15 minutes.

Tyson was awesome on commentary.

Royce :smug: as all hell with his performance which was hilarious.

All in all I was entertained. Felt like an UFC from yesteryear in a good way.. Somehow.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
wrong thread

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
If he died there has to be like an 80/20 chance that Bellator would have built up another Kimbo fight based around him killing a man, right?

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Marquis de Pyro posted:

If he died there has to be like an 80/20 chance that Bellator would have built up another Kimbo fight based around him killing a man, right?

they still might

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
So when are they booking Angle vs Shamrock?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

skaboomizzy posted:

So when are they booking Angle vs Shamrock?

After Gracie/Shamrock 4: This Time No Dick Kicks

Of course there's still the possibility then of Gracie/Shamrock 5: I Can't Believe Gracie Did An Intentional Eye Poke, This Time No Eye Pokes Either

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Chris James 2 posted:

After Gracie/Shamrock 4: This Time No Dick Kicks

Of course there's still the possibility then of Gracie/Shamrock 5: I Can't Believe Gracie Did An Intentional Eye Poke, This Time No Eye Pokes Either

Angle/Shamrock 1: Goddamn It Kurt You Can't Moonsault Off This Cage It Isn't Pro Wrestling

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
I don't know anything about real fighting. Why is it so heinous/insane that Royce didn't tape his fists? Is it just 'cause it's a great way to break your hands?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah. Fighters break their hands all the time even with appropriate prevention measures. Going without it is basically asking them to break on you.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
royce isn't in danger of breaking anything unless he has a fall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Frankenstein Dad posted:

I don't know anything about real fighting. Why is it so heinous/insane that Royce didn't tape his fists? Is it just 'cause it's a great way to break your hands?

it's just weird and stupid that he didn't and that the commission didn't care, not heinous and/or insane

• Locked thread