Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

hello i would like to join the lovely knee club. my knee feels weird again. i've had this poo poo for like 5 months now. first i took a 1 month break from gym and it didn't heal, then i took 2 months and it didn't heal, and now it's been 1 month again and apparently shoveling snow 4 days in a row was enough to stress it to the point of soreness again. i don't know what's up with it, i'm 22 so it's not like it can be just falling apart

i'm going to wager that the doctor that said it's just a runner's knee didn't know what he was talking about. i have a hard time believing that a runner's knee would be such a bitch about healing. welp time to sit still for 3 months and hope that it maybe decides to heal. i'm probably never going to do running as cardio again, that's for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Pawl posted:

It has been 5 months? Go see another doctor instead of asking the internet what to do about it

i'm going to. 5 months sounds bad, but it's more that i've been doing physical work this whole time, and also been impatient about letting it heal. i didn't really stop going to gym until in november, and then after letting it heal for a month i tried to do some squats and i started feeling the familiar stirring thing in my knee again on the second week. then in february i think i tried to do rack pulls and the same thing happened.

it doesn't really feel like pain, it's more like a feeling of stirring and pressure that appears day or two after the straining the knee, which is why it's kind of difficult for me to tell if i'm actually putting too much stress on it. the medical professional(s) i've talked to about it basically just said "put some ice on it i guess and here's some cream for the pain" and when i tell them it doesn't really feel like pain, they're like " :confused: just put it on anyway." i guess it's the consequence of living in a country with free healthcare, doctors don't really give a poo poo unless they have to

Dum Cumpster posted:

Where does it hurt? Also

the "pain" is static and appears under the kneecap. i'm guessing i actually have the patellofemoral kneecap pain syndrome if i had to make a guess as a non-doctor. edit: or i guess runner's knee can apparently be multiple things, and this is one of them.

Minorkos fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Mar 1, 2016

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Zzulu posted:

You gotta take these drugs in order to survive these other drugs

just inject me with the god emperor's gene-seed and make me into real life a space marine

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

hm i wasnt losing weight at 2200kcal a day even as an active 92kg 191cm person, so i knocked it down to 2000kcal and started eating veggies instead of bread. now i have trouble sleeping at night due to constant almost unbearable hunger. send help

edit: according to a cool internet calorie calculator, my daily calorie maintenance should be at around 4000kcal. so at this rate i should be losing fat at around 1 pound a day, but i don't know if that's really the case.

Minorkos fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Mar 27, 2016

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

last year i was unable to lose weight at 1800kcal a day with 45 minutes of HIIT and gym on alternating days

i'm guessing at that point my body had gone into the fabled "starvation mode"

anyway i feel a bit better today than i did yesterday. fasting most of the day helps

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Weight loss is not a linear process, don't be discouraged by periods of nonprogress. So long as you'restaying active n truly consuming ~2000 calories, you'll end up at a healthy weight. Be accurate when counting calories, underestimating your portions would also explain stagnation.

i'm counting every food item i eat while adding up the calories in my head over the day. there's very little room for underestimation since i very rarely eat anything that i don't know the exact calorie amount for. my body is just being a dick lately it seems

As mentioned above, eating a big meal before bed can help w hunger pangs at night. Also, bump your fiber intake. Swapping starches for veggies is a great start, also legumes will be your best friend. They'll keep you so full, it'll make dieting almost easy. Buy big bags of frozen veggies, they cook up easy and will keep you satiated.

Stay at it brave goon, we believe in you

i'm not new to this, i'm just new to cutting suddenly being hard as heck. a couple of years ago, i managed to lose weight at 3000kcal a day eating pizzas and stuff on a daily basis. but i suppose my old age of 22 is getting to me and i have to make a real tryhard cut to lose weight. i had the same thing going on last year when my progress absolutely halted for a few months despite eating 1800-2000kcal and doing tons of weight & interval training. i couldn't believe i was stalling with that kind of deficit so i didn't even think to eat even less. eventually, i forced myself to like 1600 calories a day with the same amount of exercise and i lost like 1-2kg after a month of it, which turned out to be almost entirely muscle

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

DoubleT2172 posted:

You are underestimating and bad at dieting

No, you are

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

DoubleT2172 posted:

Lol guy who can't lose weight is telling me I don't know what I am doing. Perfect

lol i didn't instantly drop down to a 1500 kcal deficit after a 5 month bulk, guess i'm a loving retard

even if i was underestimating my calories, it doesn't actually matter because then i'd be underestimating my calories all year round and making adjustments based on my own private fan-canon calories. maybe my brain is broken and i actually eat 6000 kcal during bulking and 4000 kcal during cutting. no one knows

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

DoubleT2172 posted:

You sure don't because you don't know how to count calories, clearly

i guess it's easier to count when you're a manlet

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

DoubleT2172 posted:

Lol strong insult from the fat gently caress who can't lose weight. I guess 5'10" is manlet territory now?

shh chill out

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

This right here is the source of your issues.

i eat food made by other people about once a week, if that. and i usually find out how many calories there was in the food i eat, and if i can't find out the exact number then i'll make estimation skewed upwards. but typically i cook for myself and i look at how much food im putting on my plate. i don't exactly eat stuff randomly and then just guess the calories. at the end of the day i use google to calculate exactly how many calories i got from my 3-4 daily meals and then i'll eat something extra if it was too low.

but maybe the calculator is broken

Unless you're measuring each and every food eaten with a scale, you don't really know how much you're eating.

i use either a scale or i memorize the calorie count per serving and per 100g and i multiply that number by the amount of food items i eat

Say Nothing posted:

People who say 'manlet' tend to look like this.

don't doxx me please

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

You're right dude. Must be something else

this was actually an exceedingly stupid discussion at least on my part because i just wanted to say "man sometimes you get really hungry during a cut am i right guys" but then i got defensive for some reason

i apologize to all readers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

perhaps all who care about fitness are actually immensely insecure

• Locked thread