Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

C
Just heard about this thread and got caught up. Holy shitballs, I am enjoying what I've seen so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
1. C

this is good stuff

UppaTree
May 4, 2013

##vote
1. C;B;A

The rebels aren't going to have any trouble with this fight. The enemy's morale is devastated because their armored support AND their leadership just hosed off. I get the feeling this is the "fight on pain of death" kinda place, and there's nobody left to crack the whip.

Catch up with the nobles and snipe 'em with the main gun, we do not need any princes-in-exile with a raging hate-on for us.

Ziptar
Aug 13, 2015
Mostly D but occasionally some C and E because it's good to get out of the office every once and a while. You know, get out from behind the desk, out into sunshine and re connect with the business and the staff. The best managers do this often.

LordVonEarlDuke
Jun 24, 2011

Ziptar posted:

Mostly D but occasionally some C and E because it's good to get out of the office every once and a while. You know, get out from behind the desk, out into sunshine and re connect with the business and the staff. The best managers do this often.

Uh, what?

Notwithstanding:

"Everyone hold onto your asses," you say. "We're going for those nobles."

The Rumbler dashes across Anabas, heedless of the slaughter and destruction around him.
What he can't step over he smashes through. Whole houses are powdered under his feet.
In front of him one of the damaged automata, hung low with dozens of boarding ropes, sinks to its knees and bows its head as its crew is hacked to pieces.

But the Anabasian Automaton with the nobles has outrun the crowd; and although the Rumbler's As-The-Crow-Smashes trajectory is picking up speed, it's going to be able to outrun him completely if it can escape the city maze before he catches it. It's already out of spell range for both your tired mages.

And so you:
A Redouble your efforts to get it in winch range, causing a whole poo poo ton more property damage.
B Nail it with Jackpot Jane. At this range you can't guarantee you won't just kill most of the nobles, but prisoners and ransoms aren't necessary. Provided you don't miss.
C Yell for one of your Mages. If you fire your winch out to medium range with them riding on it the'yll be in range to cast on the Auto.
D Yell specifically for the Void Mage. Your winch will be able to carry him into teleportation range. If you can trust him.
E Circle back and stand in front of the exit gate. Trust that the Emperor won't be willing to destroy his precious wall to escape and search for the hiding nobles and their Auto through the Night.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
##vote
1. B

They're not going to have anything to pay us with once the mob is through. We can score points with the new rulers by making sure the old ones don't escape alive.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
B

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
#VOTE

1 B

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
##vote
1. B

BLAMM.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
have we given any thought to what we want to do with this place after we're done? are we just looting, taking our cut and giving the place over to the rabble? if so then B

if we wanna move in, since it has impregnable walls and all, it might be a pretty nice place. not sure how blinged up our keep is.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
E

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
Blammo.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

have we given any thought to what we want to do with this place after we're done? are we just looting, taking our cut and giving the place over to the rabble? if so then B

if we wanna move in, since it has impregnable walls and all, it might be a pretty nice place. not sure how blinged up our keep is.
I figure we turn it into some sort of protectorate. They pay us a reasonable tribute, we exercise veto power and wipe out threats.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Asking one of our mages to use the 'impossible luck' spell to nail one of the nobles automaton's legs instead of a more populous portion might be a good idea. I think he's on his last fizzle chance?

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey

TheParadigm posted:

Asking one of our mages to use the 'impossible luck' spell to nail one of the nobles automaton's legs instead of a more populous portion might be a good idea. I think he's on his last fizzle chance?
Excellent call! That's Pacitar's Fortune's Favor spell and he hasn't actually fizzled at all yet, so he can almost certainly pull it off by just retrying a few times. Good thing I tried not to overuse him in combat!

##vote
1. Plan TheParadigm; B

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

##Vote

1. Plan Nemo; B

Use Pacitar's luck enhancement, but to actually hit the most populous part of the automaton, where the nobles are likely to be. I'm guessing that the spell failing doesn't affect our hit chances, otherwise regular B.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

##vote
1. Plan TheParadigm; B

Nail 'em in the leg so we can catch up and stomp 'em good.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
##vote
1. Plan Paradigm, Plan Nemo

Get Pacitar to put his remaining magejuice into another Fortune's Favour, and then B.

Waci fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Mar 16, 2016

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

B is for Blast Em, that's good enough for me.

Katreus
May 31, 2011

You and I both know this is silly, but this is the biggest women's sporting event in the world. Let's try to make the most of it, shall we?
##vote
1. C

Too good to not choose!

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey

Waci posted:

##vote
1. Plan Waci

Get Pacitar to put his remaining magejuice into another Fortune's Favour, and then B.

This is either Plan TheParadigm or Plan Nemo depending on your idea of the desired outcome :v:

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Ralith posted:

This is either Plan TheParadigm or Plan Nemo depending on your idea of the desired outcome :v:

Oops, fixed.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
##vote
1. Plan TheParadigm; B

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Ralith posted:

I figure we turn it into some sort of protectorate. They pay us a reasonable tribute, we exercise veto power and wipe out threats.

For the record, only the nobility understands how to control the forcefield walls - this was a plot point with the prince in the opening, remember.

So that means to keep them, or use them, we need their murder or cooperation. The more we take alive, the bigger the chance one talks and then the power is in our hands.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Or we kill the people who could betray us and get someone through OUR WALLS, and just use the door like sensible people.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey

TheParadigm posted:

For the record, only the nobility understands how to control the forcefield walls - this was a plot point with the prince in the opening, remember.

So that means to keep them, or use them, we need their murder or cooperation. The more we take alive, the bigger the chance one talks and then the power is in our hands.
I thought it was made clear during the attack planning that the mages should know too, and a couple mages just showed up on board...

UppaTree
May 4, 2013

##vote
1. B

Plug 'em and be dine with it, we have an emperor to take care of and we can't waste time on prisoners.

LordVonEarlDuke
Jun 24, 2011

"Pacitar!"
The hatch to the roof opens and Pacitar looks down to you, face slick with sweat. "Yingtie?"
"I need one more spell from you," you say. "Fortune's Favor on Jackpot Jane."

"Quist preserve my shaking hands." Pacitar drops into your throne room and rushes to the ladder down. "At once, my Queen."

You lick your drying lips as you watch the Auto weaving through the city to escape you. "On Mark Jane," you say, "I want that thing taken down."

Pacitar's first cast fails.
"Come on, drat you," he snarls. "Come on."
He sighs in relief as the familiar blue corona flares up between his fingers.

Over your comms you hear:
"This is Jane. Fortune's Favor has been cast."
"Mark Jane."

The automaton's leg explodes.
It trips, hops once, and crashes to the ground.

1 And you command (choosing all that apply)

A Now load it again and wipe them out.
B Now order Anastasi to kill everyone onboard who doesn't look rich enough to barter for their lives.
C Now level our cannons at them and order their total surrender.
D Now get in there, find the emperor, and bring him to me.

LordVonEarlDuke fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Mar 17, 2016

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

B

Don't even give them a chance to pull any bullshit.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Kind of all of those.

Reload, C, while doing B as the stick, with A being a priority. Or perhaps just treat the emperor the same as any common noble just to rub it in, since hey. They lost.

Also, perhaps don't let surprise portal mage near the people we don't want getting away. We can't quite trust him, now can we?

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
gently caress. This war went WELL.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey
We planned the hell out of it and it was a pretty weak target to begin with, with them relying too heavily on their walls rather than investing some of that wealth in a proportionately dangerous military. Let's not assume the next fight will be this easy.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
##Vote

B. And kill the emperor.

We don't need him trying a comeback, this is our town now and gently caress you.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

B + Feel free to take whatever loot you can get your hands on. You've earned it!

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003

C Now level our cannons at them and order their total surrender.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

##vote
1. Plan hollylolly
C+D - order their surrender and Anastasi goes in and finds the Emperor for us

Awesome thread :)

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Why bother bartering when we're going to loot their homes & vaults anyway?

##Vote
A

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Speleothing posted:

Why bother bartering when we're going to loot their homes & vaults anyway?

##Vote
A

yeah, this. so

##Vote
A

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

A
I don't wanna leave them any chances to pull any Hail Mary bullshit on us. Besides, the city is ours, we don't need to negotiate poo poo with any nobles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordVonEarlDuke
Jun 24, 2011

"My Queen." Anastasi's windchime voice precedes her arrival, the battered Emperor at the point of her blade.
Below the sounds of slaughter as your men kill those who they deem expendable.
"Hello, Anastasi," you say. "Have a good fight today?"
"It wasn't hard," Anastasi says. "But it was satisfying. The Emperor is here to see you."

"I can see that." You shoulder one of the two swords you hold. "You're looking a little peaky, Emperor."

"Hellion Bitch of the Wasteland." The emperor spits on the floor. Anastasi's blade gets a little closer to his throat. "Cyclopean Inheritress of the Crimson Cataclysm."

"I'm going to have to remember that one," you say.
"You have won," the Emperor says, "through trickery, barbarism, and dishonor. The legends told me that you were a woman of pride. Now I see that you are nothing but a one-eyed whore, who tricks great men and slides a knife into their backs."

"Well, Empy, ya can't believe everything you read," you say. "There's a lot they get wrong, the historians."
You step down from your throne and flip one of your blades lazily in your hand, planting it point-first on the ground.

"That thing everyone always says, for example," you say. "About how I killed the Tyrant Argus. With a poison kiss? That's ridiculous. I mean I love it but what if I'd had to lick my lips? Right? No; I just had my archer Crik hide below my bed and stick him up. I was so afraid of him I didn't even kill him. Not then. I'd never killed anyone before. I was scared to. I hated him so much. but." You shrug. "He always told us he was immortal. And you could almost believe it. Anyway these were his." You tap the hilt of the one in your right hand. "Two of them. Always at his hips. But I realized, after I took over: I'd never actually seen him use them. And so I thought: well. I don't really remember. But what I did, the next day, was I went to the hold, where we keep the prisoners, and I took these swords with me. And I don't know why I did this, but I unlocked the door to his cell, and I stepped inside, and I did this."

You hold one sword out to the Emperor, hilt-first.

"And I told him: Take the sword."

The emperor's mouth hangs open. He stares at you with animal fear.

"Take," you say, "the sword."

He takes the sword by the hilt with trembling fingers.

You step back from him and raise your blade.

1 Then you:
A Walk over to the emperor and run him through. No fuss.
B Stand very still and wait for him to move.
C Flip your sword overhand and throw it through his chest.
D Say: "Do you want to know how your son really died? I was bored of him, so I kicked him off my robot."
E Knock the blade from his hand and put its tip at his throat.

LordVonEarlDuke fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Mar 17, 2016

• Locked thread