Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

This isn’t really anything I think I like.

Neodoomium posted:

Early in this angle's life, but why would Undertaker give a gently caress about fighting for Vince's honor and control of the company?

Vince found the Urn. Obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

it's crazy that this shane mcmahon fighting for control of the company angle is like plan c and something they threw together on short notice

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

oatgan posted:

it's crazy that this shane mcmahon fighting for control of the company angle is like plan c and something they threw together on short notice

it makes me wonder what the hell Shane was doing in the meantime

Mister E
Oct 2, 2006

by exmarx

Neodoomium posted:

Early in this angle's life, but why would Undertaker give a gently caress about fighting for Vince's honor and control of the company?

At this point Taker just shows up at Mania to fight the person in the ring at that time.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Alain Post posted:

lost in china

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Neodoomium posted:

Maybe the undertaker mismanaged his money for years and since he's a giant he's going to die soon so he needs the money

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
WWE books its top babyface so poorly that fans need to come up with conspiracy theories as to why its so bad, because literally nothing else makes sense

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Alain Post posted:

Googling "dumb boy names" apparently.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The reason why is WWE has no idea how to book Roman correctly.

And I genuinely feel bad for the guy. But the damage is done for now at this point.

They just really need to flip him heel. Not a Rock heel, but he'd do great right now as an Orton-ish overly cocky heel. Then you can turn him again somewhere down the road when all this has worn off. The thing that's killing this isn't only their insistence that he be the next Cena, but that it happens RIGHT NOW.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Alain Post posted:

Failing at being a businessman in Asia

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Neodoomium posted:

That's the thing I least get about it, too.

Sigma posted:

I have feeling the booking for this match is going to make the finish of HHH/Sting look restrained.

I'm fine with that. There are literally no good workers not otherwise occupied that could be built in time, so like I said, the best thing is to just go all out with the smoke and mirrors and hope for the best. Honestly fairly shrewd on WWE's part. I have no idea how the company smart enough to fairly well salvage a card with no Cena and no Rollins (top face and in theory top heel), also with no Rock wrestling has managed to bung up Roman Reigns so utterly.

StarkRavingMad posted:

They just really need to flip him heel. Not a Rock heel, but he'd do great right now as an Orton-ish overly cocky heel. Then you can turn him again somewhere down the road when all this has worn off. The thing that's killing this isn't only their insistence that he be the next Cena, but that it happens RIGHT NOW.

100% agreed.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Hace posted:

WWE books its top babyface so poorly that fans need to come up with conspiracy theories as to why its so bad, because literally nothing else makes sense

Maybe they're trying to get sympathy heat on Roman by booking him horribly.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Just get banned, this has become the most insufferable thing imaginable.

lol at how effectively Lord and Savior Triple H has worked the marks

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Alain Post posted:

Maybe they're trying to get sympathy heat on Roman by booking him horribly.

Roman is going to get You Deserve It chants next time he comes out

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
shane will develop force lightning powers and retire the undertaker

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Hace posted:

but enough about shane mcmahon, what's the deal with roman

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
is there any way that johnnnn cennnaaaa doesn't swoop in and fight for Shane or am i grasping at straws

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

oatgan posted:

but enough about shane mcmahon, what's the deal with roman

don't you dare goof me.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hace posted:

Hmmm yes, it sure is a conspiracy theory that the angle where 2016 world champ HHH, who just won the Rumble, and who is now getting cheered at long last, has only HHH benefiting

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Professor Funk posted:

is there any way that johnnnn cennnaaaa doesn't swoop in and fight for Shane or am i grasping at straws

He said he's trying to make a comeback in 2 weeks

So if he's not back in 2 weeks oh well, and if he is, we now know what he's going to do

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Professor Funk posted:

I could see interference, but the fact that they made up the graphic says to me Shane/Taker is going to be the crux of the match, not to mention there's no kayfabe reason Vince would allow it.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Professor Funk posted:

What if Shane...is Sister Abigail?!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I'm guessing Taker's motivation is just going to be "I don't care about your family crap, but I don't like losing fights" or some such thing.

Also, I marked out like a loving child when Shane's music hit. I was kind of joking about him coming out while watching it, but didn't really expect it to happen. Happy to be wrong.

My initial thought was the VJM Award thing was going to signal some kind of actual, real-life passing of the torch from Vince to the recipient to run the company. I don't know why I thought it, but I thought maybe Vince could be winding down his career and getting ready to HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Is Shane/Taker a goofy as all gently caress match for WrestleMania? Yes.

Am I far more excited for WrestleMania now than I was 6 hours ago? Yes.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ty1990 posted:

Is Shane/Taker a goofy as all gently caress match for WrestleMania? Yes.

Am I far more excited for WrestleMania now than I was 6 hours ago? Yes.

My man. :hfive:

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Phenix Rising posted:

I'm guessing Taker's motivation is just going to be "I don't care about your family crap, but I don't like losing fights" or some such thing.

Also, I marked out like a loving child when Shane's music hit. I was kind of joking about him coming out while watching it, but didn't really expect it to happen. Happy to be wrong.

My initial thought was the VJM Award thing was going to signal some kind of actual, real-life passing of the torch from Vince to the recipient to run the company. I don't know why I thought it, but I thought maybe Vince could be winding down his career and getting ready to HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

vince is 70 though, he's getting pretty old. not to mention he works constantly and is probably full of stress, so who knows how his health actually is

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
There's no way they are going to have undertaker actually lead Shane through a match right? And then when Shane loses does he just gently caress off? Wth

THIS MAKES NO SENSE

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Chris James 2 posted:

Hmmm yes, it sure is a conspiracy theory that the angle where 2016 world champ HHH, who just won the Rumble, and who is now getting cheered at long last, has only HHH benefiting

does vince not book his top babyface anymore or

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Shane o Matic is great

Vs stardust

http://youtu.be/35hYw_vmCOs

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
shane vs undertaker, that'll put a lot of butts in seats :rolleyes:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Hace posted:

does vince not book his top babyface anymore or

No you see because HHH has head of creative as a title it means Vince totally isn't overseeing things now.

Open your eyes maaaaaan

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

achillesforever6 posted:

HHH's hands were literally bathed in Roman's blood as the bacchanalian crowd cheered for more.

HHH is really a genius in how he has salvaged his image after CM Punk's interview with Colt. He is not going to get booed at Mania

Hell, sounds great to me. Ironically enough, I think the best move for Reigns right now is to lose at Mania and turn heel in response to the crowd's reaction. Worked great for Rock who was dealing with a very similar situation, and all he had to work with was the boos, Reigns can add to that being booed while HHH made his life hell and screwed him over, booed while he lost the two biggest matches of his career, etc. You pack in Dean getting a win over Lesnar and you can do a jealousy angle between the two brothers too.

We really are through the looking glass when I can root for HHH to bury a young talent at Wrestlemania. It truly is the most HHH thing of all to really get genuine crowd appreciation for beating up a young guy and not for getting his rear end kicked. He is the one who kicks rear end.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

HHH owns.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

He said he's trying to make a comeback in 2 weeks

So if he's not back in 2 weeks oh well, and if he is, we now know what he's going to do

Never count out Big Match John

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

No you see because HHH has head of creative as a title it means Vince totally isn't overseeing things now.

Open your eyes maaaaaan

If we're going along with this theory HHH has had Vince's ear since the 90's and is even responsible for the Montreal Screwjob is it that much of a stretch to think he couldn't convince him even half of this was a good idea

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Dean turning heel seems unlikely at this point. It would be odd to turn him after 10 weeks of being the underdog who won't quit after taking Brock's best shots

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
http://youtu.be/u38bJnxDx4A

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oatgan posted:

If we're going along with this theory HHH has had Vince's ear since the 90's and is even responsible for the Montreal Screwjob is it that much of a stretch to think he couldn't convince him even half of this was a good idea

Yeah, I am in no way implying (nor do I think Alain is) that HHH is responsible for Reigns' reaction or booking

But he is clearly taking advantage of, and the only one benefiting from, it, and it is really hard to comprehend someone not seeing it while simultaneously knowing even a thing about both the business and HHH's history in it

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

astrollinthepork posted:

There's no way they are going to have undertaker actually lead Shane through a match right? And then when Shane loses does he just gently caress off? Wth

THIS MAKES NO SENSE

Shane is going to Coast 2 Coast the urn into Undertaker's face and shatter it, killing him.

The crowd will cheer for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

oatgan posted:

Also the theory isn't 'HHH blatantly sabotages Roman's chances with Vince's approval' it's HHH doing sly poo poo here and there.

• Locked thread