Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

So are you going to be doing all the DLC post-game, or sprinkling it in where appropriate, since one or two bits take place before the game? Also, any chance of going over the intro again when the game is done and pointing out all the foreshadowing? There's a few bits that will be obvious to most, but I'd be interested to see what else is in ther.

Waffleman_ posted:

John Noble is also that guy from Sleepy Hollow, which is where I know him from! He's great in that and I got excited when I learned he was voicing Scarecrow.

Also Denethor from LotR, but anyone familiar with Fringe won't see him as anything other than Walternate gone full supervillain.

FicusArt posted:

I wonder why the officer at the beginning expected a power struggle after the Joker's death. I didn't really think the Joker was known for his organized crime? Like what power gap does a thief and mass murderer leave? Was he known for his extortion or drug dealing?

I always thought it was less a power struggle in that sense, more that they were waiting for someone to step up and proclaim themselves as the biggest badass on the block, which would inevitably set the whole thing off. Though a lot of the Gotham underground believes that Batman murdered the Joker to begin with, which is probably why crime was at an all-time low until Scarecrow started his thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Blastinus posted:

I'd be amazed to see the GCPD emergency response manual, considering how quickly they got that bus convoy readied and shuttling out citizens. I know that they needed to clear the streets of innocent bystanders so Batman isn't going around running over people, but come on! 6 million people in less than a day?

I remember a lot of people arguing about that, but let's face it, if any city could clear out 6 million people in less than 24 hours, it'd be Gotham. And maybe Keystone, but only if the Flash really put his mind to it.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Waffleman_ posted:

I just love the question mark Hawaiian shirt.

Honestly? I kinda want one.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

akulanization posted:

I don't know, Oracle's not physically helpless, but I'd like to think that since she knows that she probably can't beat an endless horde of mooks in a fightfight she would be smart enough to bide her time for when she can do something that'll make a difference. No point in getting knocked out when you could instead know where you are and begin to plot an escape or something. While it has nothing to do with what I've quoted, I don't see how they've made oracle look helpless. She's physically disabled, but she's willingly put herself at risk because she wants to help and believes she can make a difference. That's strength, even if it isn't the kind that lets you punch people.

And there's always the chance she could discover something that leads to the discovery of the Knight's identity or a way to stop whatever they have planned. She can certainly kick rear end with her escrima sticks, but her real strength has always been her brain. She arguably has far more to gain by going with the Knight's troops, willingly or not, than by fighting them off.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Wasn't there an Elseworlds/alternate reality story that involved a Batman getting dosed with mind-control chemicals and his suit automatically giving him a shot of thorazine? Or am I just making that up? I want to say Grant Morrison was involved, so it's entirely likely it was both.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Glass eyes and titanium pins, fair enough, they're uncommon but sure, I could buy that you'd need to narrow down the list if those were involved. Shark attacks though? The U.S. averages about 20 a year. That database list should've zipped down to one the second that cropped up.

I can let virtually everything else slide - suspension of disbelief and all that - but for some reason, that annoys me far more than it should.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Polaron posted:

Iron Man could be good if it wasn't tied to the movies. Especially if you could design and customize new suits for different tasks and spent just as much time having conversations as fighting.

Iron Man with heavy RPG elements (or at least stealing heavily from the Armored Core series) would be mindblowing. Customizing your own suits is great, but building them from the ground up, tinkering with weapons and sending them into war zones to see how they handle would be a thing of beauty.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

And then the X-Men show up, because you can't have the Savage Land appear without the Blackbird crash-landing in there at least once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Arglebargle III posted:

An Iron Man game with suit-designing, suit combat, and Tony Stark adventure/conversation as three core gameplay elements would be amazing. Holy crap. Like a Deus Ex title with a more expansive skill tree, constant respecs, and more brawl/arcade style combat.

Call me crazy but I think a Thor title with combat stolen from the Arkham series would be a good time. Thor has a much brighter tone as a franchise and huge possibilities for level design and enemy variety. I think grimdark superheroes have been done to death at this point and a more adventure/brawl focused Thor game would go over well right now. The Thor/Loki buddy adventure sequence from Thor 2 could sustain a whole 30 hour AAA game by itself, those two are so much fun when they're stuck with each other.

A Thor/Hercules game based on the comics would be fun as hell. Something like a light-hearted God Of War reimagined as a buddy comedy - Hercules as the boisterous bruiser, Thor as the straight man, with the pair of them beating up myths and legends for, essentially, shits and giggles.

• Locked thread