Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«8 »
  • Locked thread
thejoshie
May 2, 2013


Fission

Well... you've certainly complicated things.

The pouring water ceases as the fire control system has be eviscerated, Walls are wiped out, lab equipment is decimated.

But this is a mere drop in the bucket... see, you also damaged key foundational structures all around you... the ceiling is cracking!

Fission, congratulations... because of you, school may be out... for a long time...

...but maybe you can stop it? What do you do to prevent the ceiling and upper floors from collapsing on top of the four of you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +2 | Superior: 0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Guilty | Location: Shodan's lovely lab


This is a joke, right? I'm just imagining things, right? Not her... not already. I... I don't want to die... not yet...

And yet.. is has to be her. No one else would have been able to summon the legendary Gae Bolg so easily. What's so special about the Gae Bolg? It's only the second most powerful bound weapon to exist. It doesn't have any fancy elemental powers or anything like that. Instead, it's said to increase the strength of the wielder a good twenty-fold, to be nearly unbreakable, and it's sharp enough it can pierce a tank like butter. There's only one weapon more powerful - the fabled Excalibur. Yes, THAT Excalibur. ... not that this information helps me, as I'm never going to be able to summon it. It's said that the weapon has a mind on it's own - it appears to those it deems worthy, and before that, summoning it is basically impossible. After that, it's still ridiculously hard, but doable.

She's still got the same blue dress she always used back in the day - she looks just like the pictures mom showed me back in the day... well, actually, it's not quite true. The gentle eyes, and her smile... they're gone. They're been replaced by these blood-chilling red yes, that are so crimson they even glow in the dark (likely an effect of her pact). And as if I wasn't scared enough already... You can literally SEE her magical aura, even without trained mage eyes. It's so ridiculously oppressive, and it even shines up this darkness. If Fission weren't glowing like a star going supernova, you'd notice that. I'm fairly sure even Shodan could down here now, even without night vision goggles. She's that powerful. A undeniable proof of power like this... is usually reserved for elemental spirits.

Despite knowing better... I feel like a pale shadow of her. An imitation. ... Fake.

Anyway, now that this brief lesson in the occult is over... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

I'm not even sure we could take her with the entire team together. But this? There's only three of us, AND we got a crazed hairball to worry about. It's dark, it's a tight space... and there's nowhere to hide.

"NOT YOU! Not... you..." is the only thing coming out of my mouth right now, barely a whimper. I edge away from her, holding up my blade against her - but there's no real weight behind the gesture - I'm shaking so heavily I'm fairly sure the drat thing would fall out of my hand if I had to block anything.

"What did I ever do to you, grandma? Why are you doing this!?" I yell out to her, half anger, half sobbing. Well, more like three quarters sobbing, really. "Why... why are you trying to kill of your... own family..."


Words of Past, maybe? Feels like it'd be fitting here.

Pierce the Mask: 2d6+2 6 Welp. Fits the situation I guess.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Clapping Larry


Freak -1 | Danger +1 | Savior +3 | Superior 0 | Mundane 0 Masked
Potential 4/5 | Conditions: | The Lab

I had to stop the world from crashing down on everyone, and so I held my hand up and blasted the energy upward toward the falling ceiling, tearing into the floors above, and annihilating the beams that were trying to fall on to us, of course the bubble of energy above us has to go somewhere... and therefore it went upward. I kept the half sphere of energy sustained with all of my focus that I could muster, and I had too, Mary was still feeding me like a power cell, only I was no longer absorbing it, instead redirecting it. Without any recourse, I poured more and more energy into the shield that went upward.

It started expanding out of the chamber and soared toward the roof, and I was pretty sure that I wasn't able to stop it.

Defend the others from the collapsing ceiling
2d6+3: 9 [2d6=5, 1]
Escalating the situation!

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008




Freak -1 | Danger -1 | Savior +2 | Superior +1 | Mundane +2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: Medical Center

No, no, I definitely can't set things on fire. As I sit up under the desk, I shift my weight a little, shoulder bumping a cord hanging from the top.

Ah-hah! "We'll shock her!" I hiss at Seraphim, putting on an intense smile. I grab the cord and consider how to cut it open...but that's probably not what I want to do. That would kill power for the whole lab, at least, and then we'd be in the dark.

"Sera?" I ask, nudging closer to Serphaim. "Sera? We need to get that...thing back to the lab," I say. "Get it away from Mrs. Louis and then zap it with a defibrillator. We just need to do that, so....let's lasso it," I suggest, pulling a spare extension cord out of a drawer, "Yank it and lead it."

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: +2 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: 0
Potential: 5/5 | Conditions: Guilty| Location: Medbay(?)

Jewels wants an easy way down, and I don't particularly care to keep on fighting - do I know if we actually are where she said we are? Not really, but four floors would be easier than the fifteen feet of concrete I did earlier. Just have to hope no one's below us to catch the debris, as I slam a single foot down in a stomp that I already know will crack the floor. Hopefully there's less hair monsters down there, and we can get to the source and start helping people.

UNLEASH
20:04 KittyEmpress !r 2d6+1
20:04 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 4+1 = 5
COUGH COUGH, this puts me at 5,
taking the Legacy's Never give up, never surrender

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.



Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Savior 0 | Superior +2 | Mundane -2
Potential: 3/5 | Doom 1/5 | Conditions: Angry

While Vermillion takes care of making an exit, I can tell that Jewels needs help - just one of these things was trouble for us to beat before, and now there are four? There's no way she can hold them all off herself, and besides... this might make up for my mistake before - or make things worse, a cynical voice in my head says. Regardless, I can't stand around and do nothing, and there's no way I'm leaving Jewels by herself, so I wade into the fray.

Besides, the last thing I touched one of those things, I felt it was confused and afraid. Maybe if I do so again I can find out more, find out something that will help us stop them once and for all! So I don't use the nanoblades this time, just a hardened fist from an onyx-black arm, reinforced with layers of nanomachines, stronger than steel! I punch into the tangled mass, and focus on draining from them!

[12:43pm] Nown: Directly Engage
[12:43pm] Nown: !roll 2d6+2
[12:43pm] Krysmbot: Nown, 7+2 = 9
Taking something from them - some information I can use to our advantage later

thejoshie
May 2, 2013


Feels great to be back! Time to step things up a bit to make up for the delay!

Bravura

As you pull the extension cord out of the drawer of the desk you were ducking behind, the ceiling drops ontop of the hair monster and Seraphim! At the same time, you feel a slight tremor. The heck was that?

The hair monster screeches as it seems to slither out of the rocky debris, reforming itself and leaping on top of the desk you were hiding behind to to seemingly, before looking down at you as it just now notices your presence!

It's all on you now... What do you do!?

Sylphid

The shower of dust from the ceiling, mixed with the 'rain' of the sprinklers gives what looks to be an oddly mythic atmosphere. A showdown where only one of you will be walking away, with the other laying on the ground, the rain preserving you for the scavengers.

So... this is it. It felt like days, the seconds that passes between the two of you. Eye to eye. Your question answered by her silence, almost as if she doesn't acknowledge your presence.

“Hmph… pathetic. I guess having a ‘name’, doesn’t make you as good as the person who had it. You’re not Sylphid, you’re a mere child!"**

The words of Sciromancer creeps back into your skull, it's finger boring into your spine and causing your already strained nerves to reverberate even more. You finding it hard to keep steady and you swear that Blue Emperess seems to flinch towards you, dispite the fact that she is merely standing still.

"I'd kill a thousand of my kin... of my relatives... if it would free the future of my progeny from slavery." She says this with certainty, her once cheerful voice now downturned to a sour, melodic tone that is almost a parody of what she once was. "You were born into bondage. I can free you. Or I can kill you. Like I've killed the rest of them. I've grown quite proficiant at it."

WHOOSH

Klang!

Your eyes barely register her movements, as Mystletain was sent flying from your shaky grasp, but now the legendary Gae Borg, the weapon that could cut through a tank mind you, had it's tip pressed lightly into your throat. Your skin wasn't cut... but the sensitive fold of your neck is well aware of the sharpness.

The scary thing? She didn't teleport. That was pure speed. Was this how others saw you when you go moving at full speed?

"...now I have a question for you. Why are 'you' the new Sylphid. Why did the dimwit choose you?"

Dimwit? Is she referring to Clara? And why does she even care? Why doesn't she just kill you and get it over with?

**...why are you looking at me like that? You did read Valkyrie Issue #1, right? When they faced off against Sciromancer? No? Then go read it! It was the issue before this one!

-Josh


...anyway, time to mark a condition. Also, you have a blade to your throat. No pressure, BUT WHAT ARE YOU GOIING TO DO!?

Avatar & Jewels

You two work in awesome sychonization. Jewels swinging the creatures into one another, and Avatar pouncing on the opening, attacking the most off balanced one...

"...Slyphid? Shodan? Anybody!? Help! I don't know where I am! I can't move! My hair isn't listening to me!"

It's fleeting and just that quickly, it's gone. However, Avatar, you do have a sense of where it orginated from. It's NOT where Dragon is going.

"...looks like once you find the source of the voice, you find the opportunity to end this."

Yep, that was singularity. She just had to put her two cents in, didn't she?

But anyway, I would ask "What do you do?", but Dragon... yeah...

Fission

Good job... but now things are worse. It's almost as if something else, outside your control, just caused the building to become unstable.

You're not strong enough to hold up the entire building. And what's worse, you feel hairy tendrils wrapping around you! You held them at bay before by draining energy from them... but now that you have bigger fish to fry, they are back in full force! Do ou ignore them to keep helping the team? And if so, how do you try and keep them from becoming pancakes?

I don't think they even know of the danger, to be honest.

What do you do!?

Dragon, Avatar & Jewels

Well, Dragon, I'm not an engineering major. I know jack squat about building makeup and loadbearing, or what have you.

I do know, however, that you put a little too much 'omph' in your attempt. You didn't just break the floor... I think that somehow, please don't ask me how or why, you caused the building to be pretty unstable. The entire ground beneath you, Avatar, and Jewels collapse.

Dragon, mark a condition.

Jewels and Avatar, take a powerful blow. Also, you three have successfully rendezvous with Bravura.

Shodan

Alright Shodan, you're locked and loaded...

Wait.

No. NO! OH DEAR GOD NO!

...Katsuragi. you must've dropped it somewhere mid-flight. Normally, this wouldn't be such a big deal, after all, you're smart enough to think around this, but dangit, you liked the gun and honestly, this annoying little encounter has been steadily pissing you off since the word go. Your lab is getting trashed, you suffered broken ribs, Katsuragi is lost...

And you're not given time to find it, as the hairy monster pounces ontop of you, aiming to smother you in hair! Fan-effin-tastic.

...but wait a second, from the side glance, you notice 'another one' trying to smother Fission.

...two of them. Wonderful. This day is well on it's way of being the best f&%king day of your life.

Anywho, what do you do!?

thejoshie fucked around with this message at Apr 24, 2016 around 16:22

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +2 | Superior: 0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Angry. | Location: Shodan's lovely lab



Taking "Angry".

"The future of what progeny, grandma? There won't be any bloody progeny left at this rate! Why do you think someone as untalented as me was chosen? Does it not make you wonder?! You're ending the bloodline you claim to save! That's why! The sylphid will just pick whoever is left until there's noone left to pick! You know that, I know that! Everyone knows it! Why do you delude yourself into thinking this bloodshed will fix a drat thing?! It won't! They'll just force the duty on those you'll have crippled after you killed everyone else!" Sylphid screeches at the woman holding her at spearpoint. The woman who is her own grandmother...

This, while indeed mostly panic, did serve a secondary purpose. An incredibly risky, quite possibly suicidal purpose: Causing hesitation. In a mirror match between in-equal speedsters, this is the only opening the slower will ever get. The second Blood Empress loses her focus, even if just for a second, Sylphid lashes out.

Kicking the spear at the end to get it out of the Blood Empress' grasps, she quickly backs away from the whirling weapon, and grabs it - exploiting a well known fact for bound weapons: They don't disappear when they lose their owners grasp, only when no longer maintained. For a very few, precious seconds, Sylphid may just be able to keep this monstrously powerful weapon materialized - and wasting no time, she tries to ram it into the Blue Empress as hard as she could... hoping it will be enough.

Or even hit.



Doing something REALLY stupid at Superspeed: 2d6+0 7

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: 0
Potential: 5/5 | Conditions: Afraid
Location: My Lab

Son of a gently caress! I swear I'm going to like, set the world on fire if Katsuragi gets broken. Really could've used it right now too, given this Hair Monster and his whole trying to smother me to death deal. Trashed lab, broken ribs, missing gun, and I'm rapidly burning through tons of devices that, believe it or not, take me a loving while to make. That's it, no more playing around.

Little known fact, I don't run my person shield generator at max power, or anywhere close to it. Past about forty percent output it gets... unstable. Which is obviously just another word for "loving dangerous". Instead of repelling things, it starts to, well, I guess shred is a good word for it. And wouldn't you know it, this dumb Hairy monster is far, far too close to me to not get a very close shave. Letting out a groan of pain due to my ribs as I have to shift slightly, my fingers reach my wrist and I crank my shields up to one hundred percent output.

<Rauri> Directly Engage Hair Monster
<Rauri> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 8 = 8
Picking resist or avoid their blows.


And now that I've just sliced a good portion of the Hair Monster to ribbons, I've bought myself a few crucial seconds of time. Fission and Sylphid both clearly need help, but I've only really got time for the one. Fission has phasing and is fighting a weaker opponent, so I pick helping our magical girl - though I do at least sarcastically shout "YOU HAVE PHASING! THERE'S NO loving WAY ANYTHING SHOULD BE HITTING YOU, FISSION!" while I'm in the midst of prepping my next trick.

See, whoever Sylphid's fighting? She's the one that hit me in the back, and I'm not a fan of when that happens to me, or the people that do it. And she seems to be freaking Sylphid the gently caress out, which is bad news too. So, since I've got some power left in my coat that the force field ploy I just pulled didn't drain, I'm going to put it to good use - by zapping this mysterious magical woman with all of it. Looks like its her turn to get backstabbed, hope she enjoys it as much as I did.

Having made the adjustments to my trenchcoat's systems, I point towards Sylphid's foe, tapping a button on my belt as I do. Two metallic prongs shoot out suddenly, and I actually manage to get her! Giving her a big 'ol grin in case she turns around, I tap the button on my belt again, and its time to see how she handles having about a city block's worth of electricity dumped directly into her.

<Rauri> Is Blue Empress Watching Closely?
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 5+3 = 8
Picking to get an opportunity and to expose a weakness or flaw.
Rolled this instead of Directly Engage because I don't think what Shodan's doing is actually enough to hurt her, just maybe distract her.

Rauri fucked around with this message at Apr 24, 2016 around 21:48

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior 0 | Superior +1 | Mundane -1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions:

Hell yeah, Avatar and I are rocking this, these stupid hair golems don't have a chance! I don't pay much thought to the voice either, it could be real or it could be a trick but either way I can't do anything about it so I'm just going to focus on fighting the hair in front of me, until... "Oh shiiiiiiiit!"

<godfish> take a powerful blow
<godfish> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> godfish, 3 = 3
bam, potential


I roll as I fall, shifting into a pencil dive so I arrive at the ground before the others, feet first, and end up sinking about half a foot into the floor from the impact. Well I guess she did technically knock the floor out! Along with... most of the rest of the building. Wow, okay, underestimated her strength or overestimated her precision, something to keep in mind next time. Looking up, I jump to the side and hold out my arms to catch Avatar as she falls -Vermillion can fly, so she shouldn't need my help- wait is that Bravura right there? Wait gotta catch Avatar, ohshit!

<godfish> defend Avatar
<godfish> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> godfish, 5 = 5
<godfish> heh
more potential!

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Clapping Larry


Freak -1 | Danger +1 | Savior +3 | Superior 0 | Mundane 0 Masked
Potential 5/5 | Conditions: | The Lab

I closed my hand and my body began to deconstruct into energy, slowly, the heat around me became extreme, I was going to try to reshape the top arch above me. Instead, I couldn't shape that much energy as it quickly flowed into me from the hair that stretched around my neck, and I couldn't control both the blast from my hand and the energy manipulation while also under attack.

I closed my eyes, and when I opened them energy poured out of them in fact, I had started unleashing all of my energy at once. There wasn't any restraint anymore as as it grew from me in its own melting and deconstructing everything in its wake, feeding the growing destruction around me.

Unleash Your Powers
2d6-1: 4 [2d6=2, 3]
+1 potential

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: +2 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: 0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Insecure | Location: ????(?)

I punch the ground like I'm told to, and well, understand why punching the ground of a building I'd already broken several walls and support pillars in was a bad idea, just a second too late - mostly due to the ceiling starting to collapse on us, as the floor does. poo poo, poo poo, poo poo, the others are getting pelted by pieces of debris, and that's my fault, I should have controlled my power a little better, and known listening to Jewels was a bad idea.

Taking Insecure, also taking +1 vs. Jewels for this condition.

I don't have the time to protect them - Jewels looks like she's getting in on doing that anyways, as I unfurl my wings, and make sure I land upright, eyes instantly locked on Bravura, and a hair monster that's eyeing her as well. Well, that just wouldn't do at all - Bravura's smart and a good shot and all, but she's not exactly the mightiest member of our team! So I press my clawed feet down hard, and jump forward at the monster, while shouting, "I'll pull the hair open, you gotta shoot what's inside!" I probably couldn't cleave through it quick enough to get the entire core on my own, but Bravura was a good shot, and worst comes to worst, at least it'd be attacking me, not her.


17:58 KittyEmpress am gan punch mansters on dragon
17:59 KittyEmpress !r 2d6+2
17:59 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 6+2 = 8
Making an opportunity for Bravura


So I dig my claws into the hair, and rip open a hole to the core, trying to give her a big enough opening to take it down. And then I turn around to make sure I'm not in her way and I see it.

[i]She doesn't have her bow.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at Apr 25, 2016 around 02:49

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.



Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Savior 0 | Superior +2 | Mundane -2
Potential: 3+1/5 | Doom 1/5 | Conditions: Angry

There! Just like that! We just need to change direction, and we can end this. With a grin on my face, I turn to Jewels and say:

"I've found out where the source is, we just need to go-"

And then the ground falls out from under us.

[06:14am] Nown: Taking a Powerful Blow
[06:14am] Nown: !roll 2d6+1
[06:14am] Krysmbot: Nown, 4+1 = 5
Marking potential

Luckily, I react in time, hardening my legs to absorb the shock and impact, leaving a small crater in my wake. Very lucky indeed - out of the corner of my eye, I see that Jewels tried to catch me, but completely missed! drat, how hard does Vermillion hit, if she took out the whole floor like that!?

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008




Freak -1 | Danger -1 | Savior +2 | Superior +1 | Mundane +2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: Medical Center

Gwen hefts the extension cord, making sure she has the ends. Something makes the back of her hair go up, and then she ducks under the table again, as a huge slab of ceiling drops down and lands atop the monster, and...

"Gabi!" Gwen calls. She jumps up, holding the cord in a loose loop. "The hell is it with you all!?" Gwen cries, more in exasperation than strict upset. "No ceiling is safe!" Gwen's hands move quickly, tying a chunk of debris to the extension cord to make an impromptu bola. She starts it spinning above her head and narrows her eyes, looking for where Vermillion is restraining the creature.

And....


....there!

<Platonicsolid> Directly engaging the hair monster.
<Platonicsolid> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> Platonicsolid, 6 = 6
<Platonicsolid> Boo.


"Gah!" curses Gwen.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: +2 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: 0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Insecure | Location: ????(?)

Trying to lift something that is basically just hair is harder than you'd think - after all, it's not like you can get a real solid grip on it, especially when the disgusting hair-tendrils are crawling up your arms and you can feel them trying to tear your skin off. But I'm focused on Bravura, not me, this was a chance to take something out, and hey, if I can help someone do good, then heck yeah, I'm going to help. So when I see the improvised bola going wide, my claws grabbing the hair-monster became a full on body check, as I shoved it into Bravura's line of fire, to make sure she hit.

spending a TEAM to let that 6 be a 7.

thejoshie
May 2, 2013


Bravura, Avatar, Jewels & Dragon

Good teamwork! Thanks to Dragon's re-positioning, Bravura, your improvised weapon paid off, and now the creature is nothing more than a tangle of hair that is rapidly retracting like a power cord of a vacuum!

It's here that you, Bravura, notice that a single strand was attached to it, a strand that gotten a bit thicker, and thus noticeable now. It seems to go up the hole that was just created, to a creature that is holding a staff and is sticking just outside the engagement where the other creatures are approaching Avatar and Jewels. And there is a chance that the other hair monsters maybe connected the same way.

There is a pause in the action, however, as a new threat has become apparent: The building is shaking. It's a short tremor, but it's a foreboding one: The building is coming down, it's not a matter of 'if', but 'when'.

Bravura, looks like this is your trial by fire. You were up for squad lead, and Mrs. Louis authorized it. Time to strut your stuff and lead!

Oh yeah... Jewels and Avatar, remember the hair creatures you two were fighting before the floor collapsed? They are now ontop of you, attacking from above! One of them shifted into a noose, wrapping itself around your neck, Jewels, before lifting you off the ground! Take a powerful blow!

A thicker tendril slithers towards you, Avatar, in a delaying action to prevent you from helping Jewels by swinging itself at you, as you see a single Hair creature standing at the edge of the hole that was freshly made!

Oh, Avatar, you notice something strange about this particular creature... it seems to be holding some sort of staff. It's covered in hair and you sense a weird sensation from it...

"HELP ME! SOME ONE HELP!"

That was Mary's voice! And the creature runs off as a chunk of the ceiling above it starts to come down! This building is becoming very unstable! This distracts you just enough, that the tendril gives you a good wallop, sending you crashing into a wall! Take a powerful blow!

So... yeah, what do you all do? And Vermillion, aren't you forgetting something?

Fission, Shodan & Sylphid

Sylphid, your attacks connects, kind off. Blue Empress dodges the first thrust, but the follow up nicks her face, drawing a thin red line on her cheek!

That's the closest you get, before she sweeps your legs out from under you, cool as a cucumber, wrestling the Spear from your grasp. You are now on the ground, a foot on your chest (oh my god, she is crushing you, her strength is amazing!) and she prepares for what looks like a follow up blow, twirling the spear back into a controlled grasp.

All around you, chunks of ceiling is raining down as the lab is starting to shake, but Blue empress is giving this no mind.

"...wreckless. Uncontrolled. Haven't my daughter taught you 'anything'!?" A hand goes up to her cheek to lightly touch the cut there. "...you do show potential. No one has ever touched me since I made a deal with... no matter. It ends here. And to think... I was merely here to retrieve my Spell Weaver... wait, where is it!?"

Sylphid... was, was that a complement You're the first to actually wound her? How do you feel about this? If you take this with pride, then +1 Superior, -1 Savior. Otherwise, do something to reject that influence!

She hesitates, looking around, before she sharply raises her hand to catch the prongs that you, Shodan, fired at her. She then turns towards you. "You pathetic insect! I am a godde..."

Z-ZAP!

Yeah... it's the small things in life that are the most satisfying, isn't it, Shodan? You watch as Thousands of Megawatts pulsates through the woman in a grand lightshow. You imagine cartoonish effects of her skeleton showing.

However, you guessed correctly that Blue Emperess could take it, as she stumbles back, smoking, but furious as well. "...I see the both of you wishes to die by my hands. If it's Armageddon you desire, I'll give you a glorious doomsday!"

Well... someone gets angered easily, it seems. Shodan, the Blue Empress tugs the prongs, forcing you towards her, before giving you a savage kick to your chest, knocking you off your feet! Take a powerful blow...

And her speed! Jesus, her speed! She's behind you in an instant, grabbing your neck and lifting you off the ground! Her Spear poised to finish you...

But the pain is worth it... as her anger has pulled her attention away from Sylphid. Not to mention Fission!

Oh, and Fission, you erradicated the Hair monster, easily, but now you have also melted the ceiling above you and the floor is loosing it's integrity. The shaking you feel around you is also becoming quite evident that things... are not good. It doesn't help that you are starting to feel a bit... drained. Take a condition.

You may want to organize a retreat here... which means that the fighting that is going on... it needs to end. NOW!

thejoshie fucked around with this message at Apr 27, 2016 around 04:50

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: 0
Potential: 5/5 | Conditions: Afraid
Location: My Lab

Hahahaha oh wow, did you see that!? She just lit up like a Christmas tree mixed with a server that just caught fire! Totally saved Slyphid there, if I do say so myself. I can't help but grin triumphantly for a moment, even if I can't see her from the smoke cloud my attack kicked up. That has to have hurt, and better yet she tried to be all smug about it right as the electricity kicked in. Bet it didn't stop her, but at least it - whoa she just yanked me towards her-

Ooowwwwwwwww!!!

What just happened? I think she kicked me or something, maybe, but definitely I can't breathe right now. Can't think, either. Oh, except about hurting, I'm definitely doing that, both hurting and thinking about it. Pretty sure the few broken ribs I had before are now among the least of my worries. Is this a good time to remind you I'm the only person on the team with no, like, enhanced toughness, or special defenses, or even the ability to pass the presidential fitness exam unaided, or anything? If she's right about the Goddess part, pretty sure I just got smited. Smitten? Smote? Yeah, should be smote in this case.

What a weird thing to think about while I'm passing out. Someone catches me and keeps me from totally collapsing, but I think it's her, so not exactly a big win for me there. My neck hurts and there's a spear, but I can barely see anything else.

Oh well... at least I won't be awake for it, right?

<Rauri> Take a Powerful Blow
<Rauri> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 9+1 = 10
<Rauri> gently caress
<Rauri> that was not the result I wanted : /
Picking You must remove yourself from the situation, in this case via Shodan losing consciousness.

Rauri fucked around with this message at Apr 27, 2016 around 05:25

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior 0 | Superior +1 | Mundane -1
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions:

<godfish> so many powerful blows D:
<godfish> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> godfish, 6 = 6
<godfish> Jewels laughing all the way to the bank


Oh please. A noose around my neck might do a good job at jerking me up a few inches off the floor, but it doesn't do any more than that. I reach up and grab the noose of hair in both hands and pull, ripping it open easily, and I drop back down to the floor. There are still more hair things around to fight, but the bigger problem is definitely the fact that the building is starting to collapse. I could go rip apart one of these giant moving hairballs, or I could leave that to other people capable of such things, like Vermillion and Avatar, and do something they probably can't. Namely stop the building falling down.

Best thing to do to keep Bravura safe as well, easier than trying to cover her while it rains down on top of us! I take a slow look around the room we're in, and when you look carefully, its easy to see which sides are the least stable, so I move over to the corner of them, brace myself with my feet, one planted forward the other back, and put one hand on each wall and then slowly, slowly puuuuuuush! This would have been so much easier with better leverage than being at the base of the walls, but I'm strong enough! Even over all the other noises, I can hear the sounds of the walls straining against me as I force them back to a properly upright position, letting the edges brace themselves against each other again.

Unleash my powers on the environment (+1 for protecting Bravura)
<godfish> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> godfish, 5+2 = 7
<godfish> oh phew :v
I will take a condition in return for propping up the building.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: +2 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: 0
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Guilty| Location: ????(?)

I don't have time to celebrate just yet, there's still more of these things, and one of them's on Avatar. I can't get to her fast enough to completely intercept the hit, but I'm behind her as she goes flying towards a wall, and I catch my teammate, my claws digging into the ground slightly as I slide back, stopping before we fly through a wall at least. Though most of Avatar probably still will ache a bit - I'm not the softest thing to hit, barring certain areas - still better than a wall, of course. "Woah, as a kid I always did wish I could play baseball - never wondered what it was like being a catcher though." I laugh, it's a lame joke, but hey, this situation is rough, and we need all the levity we can get - no reason to panic, freak out, make bad choices.

19:06 godfish <KittyPhone> Also protect avatar I guess, since that's a thing I do.
19:07 godfish <KittyPhone> !r 2d6+2
19:07 godfish <Krysmbot> KittyPhone, 10+2 = 12
Technically a 10 due to Insecure - but I'm Clearing Insecure too!


It's tempting to rush into the fight with the hair monsters, do what I'm good at - break poo poo, take out bad guys, finish this fight. But that wouldn't finish this fight - they're coming from somewhere, and we need to stop it at the source. "Guys, we should regroup with everyone else. Just constantly fighting these guys when they just come back isn't helping!" I remember seeing a bit of expensive equipment being moved in the building, some kind of science-nerder-y stuff, beyond me. I mean I'm not dumb or anything, but SHODAN and other super brains just terrify me. And it doesn't help to try and think about what they're doing, most of the time, better to just train myself at what I do. But still - a lab seems like a good place to track down whatever the source of this is... I just gotta figure out how to get us all to there, it's not like I can carry everyone past all these hair monsters...

19:06 godfish <KittyPhone> Assess the situation with terrible superior!
19:06 godfish <KittyPhone> !r 2d6-1
19:06 godfish <Krysmbot> KittyPhone, 7-1 = 6
19:06 godfish <KittyPhone> Yay potential!
19:06 godfish <ShootaBoy> woo~

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +1 | Superior: 1 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Angry, Hopeless | Location: Shodan's lovely lab


She still dodged? Jesus gently caress how inhumane is this woman-- GAAAH. Oh god my chest she's crushing meee

---

Oh god Shodan what are you doing that's a lovely idea...

... Yeah, that went about as well than I expected. She managed to stay in the battle about a second longer than I expected...

gently caress... this better work.

I bolt at her, and as close as I can, I summon Mystletainn. Maybe, just loving maybe, it'll be enough of a smokescreen to blind her, so I can Shodan out of there.

...

gently caress I CAN'T SEE ANYTHING. SO many feathers.




Reject Influence (Blue Empress): 2d6 6 STAAAAAAHP. Marking Hopeless.

FEATHERS EVERYWHERE (Unleash): 2d6 5



For my Advance, I'll be taking "I know what I am". Seriously, stop it Joshie. STOP.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Apr 28, 2016 around 06:43

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.



Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Savior 0 | Superior +2 | Mundane -2
Potential: 4/5 | Doom 1/5 | Conditions: Angry

Maybe it's because I'm distracted by what has to be Mary, or maybe I'm second-guessing myself after the last fight led to the Myriad going out of control and hurting Jewels, but I hesitate just too much, forcibly keep my powers down just too much, and I'm not able to project to protect the nanomachine armour needed to protect against the next blow... but luckily, Vermillion is there to do what I couldn't. "Thanks," I quickly gasp as I let my vision settle. "...That way," I add, pointing towards the hole in the wall, where I saw the Mary-sounding monster flee. "It's Mary, we have to get to her. That's the only way to stop this! Jewels! Bravura! This way!" I already head towards where I saw Mary fleeing, keeping a better grasp of my surroundings this time so I don't get blindsided again!

AdjectiveNoun fucked around with this message at Apr 29, 2016 around 02:18

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Clapping Larry


Freak -1 | Danger +1 | Savior +3 | Superior 0 | Mundane 0 Masked
Potential 5/5 | Conditions: Angry | The Lab

It was sudden snap and then the outpouring was done, but my costume was now integrated into me, my body was energy and energy was my body. It lapped at my heels as I felt the electrons in the earth react to me. I was stabilized, or at least had stabilized, but beyond the bare basics of humanity, my vaguely humanoid skeletal structure held up pure light. Time no longer functioned like someone made of matter and instead, I was at the grandmother of our beleaguered leader in an instant. I flexed my hand in a smooth motion and converted the energy in my hand into force, the walls and ceiling crumbling and falling down.

"You've got a lot farther than you should have, but then you haven't met me before, either. Time to say goodbye." I said simply in a hollow tone that was inhuman, neither mechanical nor produced by anything close to larynx my hand didn't touch her, but the sheer energy unleashed blew threw the laboratory wall behind her.

I don't turn my head, I no longer had eyes that needed to see. Instead I raised my hand and the ceiling stopped falling, and froze in place. I no longer was manipulating the energy like a laser, or a beam, I was controlling it. Changing the simple gravitational constant of the ceiling seemed to be almost easy. I looked over the other two on the floor and then back to both.

"You will not harm anyone anymore." I said. My feet were no longer touching the ground, but I wasn't floating, it was something different the world was floating away from me.

Directly Engage
2d6+1: 12 [2d6=5, 6]
Resist or Avoid Their Blows
Impress, Surprise or Frighten the opposition

Defend
2d6+3: 10 [2d6=4, 3]
Clearing Condition Angry

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008




Freak -1 | Danger -1 | Savior +2 | Superior +1 | Mundane +2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: Medical Center

Everything collapses in in a rush of noise and dust. "What is it with us and collapsing buildings?" I ask, to nobody in particular. At least I made a good connect. "Woo!" I call out to Dragon.

As a piece of plaster falls near me, I jump a quick step back. "Definitely not good!" I call, agreeing with Vermillion. "Need to grab Mary, yeah," I say. "JEWELS!" I snap. "How much more you got in you?" I ask, taking a few steps up towards the hole. Mary's on the other side. "Here goes nothing," I mutter. I take a few steps back, then run forward and leap!

Unclear what I roll...mayb eI'm being stupid tonight. Just wanted to post to keep things moving.

thejoshie
May 2, 2013


Hair Monsters are fleeing the Scene (this includes Hair Monster Alpha, the one with Mary's voice). Blue Empress is as well. Just giving you all a heads up on this ahead of time.

Bravera, Jewels, Avatar and Dragon

While a section of the room, the part that Jewels is bracing, remains stable, the rest of the place begins a slow and scary shift downwards and at a slant. The hole that you, Bravura and you, Avatar witnessed the Hair Monster with Mary's voice is now getting smothered from the ceiling above it! With a loud "BOOM!" a huge chunk smashes down, blocking anyway through it. IT also causes cracks along the edges, threatening to continue it's plummet on top of the four of you!

The only way out, it seems, is through the door that Jewels is bracing... and trust me, NOW is the time to get out of dodge. Anything forgotten, well, it's too late for that.

Bravura, what is the quickest way to the surface? And the rest of you, how will you help her? Time is running out, escape or be buried!

Sylphid, Fission and Shodan

Fission, your attack misses, not because Blue Empress expected it, but because she was already moving to dodge Sylphid's desperation attack. The hole you make in the wall that was behind her, however, gives her pause, in spite Sylphid being quite unbalanced.

"...you're right. It is time to say good bye. Sylphid... we will meet again, child!"

And in a torrent of blood red feathers, Blue Empress is gone. Nothing but the collapsed building to deal with.

So, you two. Who will carry Shodan and who will provide an escape route? What do the two of you do to get out of the school before it completely collapses, you're running out of time!

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: +2 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: 0
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Guilty| Location: ????(?)

The whole place is coming down around us, and Jewels is just barely buying us enough time to get out. There's not that much time, and my eyes instantly go to Bravura, who is the one most likely to actually die if a building collapses on her. Avatar is basically in hand as well, and I just sort of naturally wrap my arm around her, as I run towards Bravura, "We can get Mary once we get out of here! This whole place is coming down!" They're both so focused on the fight and catching the villain, they're going to get themselves hurt. I definitely could not allow that, I needed to keep my team safe, especially while we're split up like this.

My scaled arms wrapped around Bravura as well, and then I did the obvious - I folded my wings over myself, as I held them both close to my chest, and called to Jewels, "Jewels, I only have two arms! But I know you, so I trust you to make it out!" I gave a small laugh that sort of hid how nervous I was, before squeezing down on my human cargo with my wings, and... well, doing what I did best, breaking through anything that could impede me, to escape the collapse of this building. This time I just happened to have a Bravura and an Avatar in my arms.

Unstoppable
06:54 KittyEmpress !r 2d6+2
06:54 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 7+2 = 9
Leaving something behind - Jewels.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +1 | Superior: 1 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Angry, Hopeless | Location: Shodan's lovely lab



Despite the situation she's in, Sylphid feels forced to take a moment to catch her breath.

"Fission, you've ... *huff* got to help me. Clear a way... I'll... *huff* ... carry Shodan.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Clapping Larry


Freak -1 | Danger +1 | Savior +3 | Superior 0 | Mundane 0 Masked
Potential 5/5 | Conditions: | The Lab

"We will help." I say not fully able to process where I was as all possible time frames appeared to me in an instant and all possible ways of doing things appeared to be happening now. My hand was still raised at the roof and with a momentary consideration, I hold out my hand in a direction of the door to the room. I start to push all the energy through myself and toward that direction.

Unleash the Power
2d6-1: 5 [2d6=1, 5]
anddd back to normal for fission

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +1 | Superior: 1 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Angry, Hopeless | Location: Shodan's lovely lab



Sylphid picks up the unconscious Shodan and bolts for the exit. It would have been a lot faster if she wasn't exhausted, didn't have a likely cracked ribcage from Blue Empress stomping on her AND Shodan's weight...

"Huff... come on... let's go."



Unleashing your Powers: 2d6-2 5

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.



Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Savior 0 | Superior +2 | Mundane -2
Potential: 4/5 | Doom 1/5 | Conditions: Angry

"Wait, Vermillion!" I shout as Dragon carries me and Bravura away, but I have enough sense not to try and break free of her grasp as we go - not to endanger her and Bravura too. That's about as far as my sense goes before it's met and surged over by anger. "I don't need saving! Let me go! Stop treating me like this! I can take care of myself - I'm just as strong as you or Jewels! I don't need someone like you trying to protect me!" My voice warps, cracks, as I get angrier; Myriad voice modulator assisting in that.

Mary's getting away, when she was just in reach! I could have gotten her, made up for my mistakes today, but instead I got snatched away like I was still 'Amy Lee', the crippled girl who needed to be protected at all costs, who couldn't do anything without some self-righteous busybody getting in the way... It pisses me off, and the Myriad respond in kind, surging and rippling across my skin in jagged waves.

[4:57pm] Nown: Provoking Vermilion to stop treating Avatar like she needs her help.
[4:57pm] Nown: !roll 2d6+2
[4:57pm] Krysmbot: Nown, 6+2 = 8
[4:58pm] bacon_flaps: aww...yiss?
Do it or mark a Condition~

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior 0 | Superior +1 | Mundane -1
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Angry

Taking Angry as the result of my roll last post

"Don't worry about me, I got it." I grin at Vermillion, and would have given her a thumbs up, but my hands are a bit busy bracing the wall. This is trickier than I thought it'd be. The actual weight isn't a problem, but if I use my full strength it'd be more than the building could support, even if it wasn't badly damaged already. So I'm stuck using an amount of strength that's leaving me nearly struggling. I'm certainly sweating, dust from the crumbling building clinging to it and coating my skin.

I wonder how long I should wait. I can't hear the smashing sound of Vermillion bashing through the building anymore. Looking up, I can see the tunnel she made collapsing in on itself. With how fast I am, I think I could sprint up through it before it's completely gone, but no. Someone, Mary, I guess, attacked us, destroyed the building, ruined my date with Bravura, and ran away, while I'm stuck down here holding the building up so my friends, and she can escape. I'm not angry, I'm loving furious. This isn't how it's going to end. Bravura wanted to save her. Well, maybe Bravura can't, but I drat well can. I take one hand off the wall and cover my mouth with it so when I take a deep breath I've blocked most of the dust, then glare up at the tunnel.

Three...

Two...

One...

Go!

I leap off the ground hard, slamming my fist into the piece of rubble that blocked off the path HairMary took and smashing it to pieces with the force of my jump. Smashing into the ceiling above it, I grab hold and swing myself forward, letting go to fly across the whole and land in the mouth of a crumbling hallway. I just need to run faster than the floor can fall away, and I'll catch up to her, this is the only path available, even to hair things.

<godfish> unleash on building, +1 for supporting love
<godfish> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> godfish, 6+2 = 8
also +1 for Angry, 9
Overcoming an obstacle, the effect is temporary or unstable

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: +2 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: 0
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Angry, Afraid | Location: Safely Outside(?)

We barely make it out of the collapsing building, and Avatar is yelling at me. It's just so much to take in, all the chaos around us and she's mad at me for wanting to help her, for wanting to keep a friend safe. But at the same time, as much as it is overwhelming, it just is annoying - "Your safety is more important than fighting an enemy. Everyone's safety is. Bravura's, Jewel's, yours." I poke her in the chest with a claw, as she spikes up and gets angry, because she doesn't scare me, I'm not afraid of getting hurt. "So I will protect you when I can. I will protect you whenever you need it. I will keep everyone safe that I can - I don't care how tough you are."

Taking Angry to say gently caress u biatch

"Now then, if you're done being upset with me, I have something to do." She wants me to do more than save her? Fine. I'll save everyone, so she doesn't feel special - I'll pull every person out of this building, even if it collapses on me while I do it. "Take care of yourselves." I say it more to Bravura than Avatar, and give her an actual smile.

I can fly faster without the extra weight, so with my teammates out of my arms, I'm able to take off more quickly in a half-jump, half flight fueled ascent. I needed more than brute strength here, I needed to see, to feel, to find my team, and where they were. Maybe Avatar would never speak to me again, maybe I've ruined my chance to be friends with someone, but it didn't matter, not now. The only thing to fear was if someone was hurt. So I had to find them.

Unleashing to extend senses to find injured teammates.
21:59 KittyEmpress !r 2d6+1
21:59 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 7+1 = 8
Taking Afraid to make it work perfectly.
Gimme my SHODAN and Sylphid.


I don't have the time to worry about how I am going to go about this - once I can feel them, I'm moving, as fast as I can, careful to not risk breaking more as I move to save those I found.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008




Freak -1 | Danger -1 | Savior +2 | Superior +1 | Mundane +2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: Medical Center

The whole building's shaking. I'm not going to get to Mary in time. No way. I turn and start booking for the door, but Vermilion catches up with me first, scooping me up. A gasp of surprise, but honestly, I'm relieved. She's tougher than I am, probably faster, and while Avatar's protesting and complaining, I'm looking, wondering how we deal with *this*.

Vermilion gets us out to the lawn and I land with a bit of a stumble. The building's still shaking. "Jewels?" I mutter, not really asking anybody in particular. Vermilion's off before I can stop her. "Be careful!" I wind up shouting. A heavy breath. I *am* only human. Even if I can fight, I can't hold up buildings. There must be something I can do.

"Av?" I ask my teammate. "Can you reach the rest of the team? Sylphid and Fission and and Shodan? They can help with the search for anybody trapped."

Been having a rather rough RL lately, mind has not been super in the game. Trying to get back in, hope this makes some sense!

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.



Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Savior 0 | Superior +2 | Mundane -2
Potential: 4+1/5 | Doom 1/5 | Conditions: Angry, Insecure | Burn: 2

Idiot, she just doesn't get it! Just doubles down on being a patronizing bitch before she flies off. I should have kept my mouth shut, sucked it up and not even mentioned it. There isn't any way she wouldn't consider herself to be in the right. loving typical; she hasn't spent her youth being treated like some porcelain doll, so she wouldn't see anything wrong with being so patronizing... and it's not like I have the time to give her my life's story in a circumstance like this - not that she'd give a poo poo anyway.

I glance over at Bravura to see if she feels the same way as Vermillion obviously does...

[11:06am] Nown: Piercing Bravura’s Mask
[11:06am] Nown: !r 2d6-2
[11:06am] Krysmbot: Nown, 5-2 = 3
Marking Potential, taking the Advance 'Burn + 3 Flares' from the Nova Playbook. Taking the Flares 'Boost', 'Shielding' and 'Constructs'

But can't read her, naturally. She must think I'm an absolute mess. Why wouldn't she? The Myriad continue to channel my anger as they ripple, forming small spires before they collapse back into nanomechanical pools on and in my skin. They're multiplying - rapidly, enough to cover my limbs and still have significant excess. They haven't done this before... is this a sign that they're taking over, more than before? Whatever. I don't care, so long as I'm stronger, strong enough to get my teammates' respect. "I can do better than that," I say, voice continuing to crack. I can try, at least.

From the excess, I form... another me. Or a thing in the shape of me; a frame of me. It's my height, my proportion, but it's featureless like one of those old mannequins. Pitch black in colour, like the Myriad's nanomachines, and hollow, but it should do the job.

[11:51am] Nown: Charging up Powers
[11:51am] Nown: !roll 2d6+1
[11:51am] Krysmbot: Nown, 9+1 = 10
Taking 3 Burn, and spending one immediately to form a Construct with the Condition 'Fragile'

"I'm going... we're going back to look for them, and anyone else who needs help. I'm not going to stand around out here like some victim." I spit the last word with venom, glaring past Bravura, and then turn back to the school. I can't not go back there. That would be saying that Dragon was right to take me out, that I am some helpless victim who needs saving. And I'm not.

...I'm not.

I can't be the crippled girl who can't walk and needs to be saved, I can't... wait. Crippled. Needs to be saved. Oh poo poo. Miss Doring! We left Miss Doring in the building! Where is she, how do I get to her, hurry hurry hurry!

[12:15pm] Nown: Unleashing Powers to extend senses
[12:16pm] Nown: !roll 2d6+2
[12:16pm] Krysmbot: Nown, 5+2 = 7
Marking the Condition Insecure

thejoshie
May 2, 2013


Jewels

You don't catchup to Mary... and with good reason...

As you turn a random corner, you catch a startling sight...

This particular part of the building is on fire, a battle raged here! You see warp on the ground, as well as another second string Valkyrie... who is she? Do you remember her?

Beyond the flames, you see a large group of individuals walking into a small shimmering hole that looks like a mirror. Two of them walks through, including a humongus looking man in silver armor who has Ms. Doring's uncounsious body draped over his shoulder. The remaining five turns to see you. '

Each of them have on a blue uniform, with a red logo on it's front... a logo of a snake that is eating it's own tail. One of them is dressed differently, however...



"Through the portal, Misfits, we got what we came for... we have dealt the Illuminati a huge blow today..." The oddly dressed one says, and the others hesitate before rushing into the shimmering mirror like portal.

The dark garbed man stares at you long and hard. "It'll be a shame that Jules won't be able to see you again with her own eyes... but the master only said that he only wanted Doring alive. Thus... everything burns. Everything."

And he walks through the shimmering portal. And just as it closes, you see him take out a device and watches as he presses a button...

Everyone

...and then everything goes white...

---

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

Issue 3: From the ashes (Yep, end of session. Time for those rolls/questions, folks!

...Three months later, at the site of the 'former' Doring School of gifted youngsters...


Avatar

So, it's been a long three months. Yeah, yeah, I know about the explosion, but we both know you have a greater concern...

...why are you looking at me like that for? Obviously, I'm talking about the 'surprise' that the supposedly dead Archivist left you at Sanctuary. Something that has to do with the Myriad. What is it?

Anyway, you were summoned back to the school and currently you're at the front gates. You see Bravura and Jewels together. Are you going to stand for that?

Bravura & Jewels

So first thing's first... the important question.

...no silly, not the explosion! I'm talking about the relationshsip! What have you two done to unwind?

Anyway, Jewels, you have learned, during your forced time off, that Bravura is now a co-leader alongside Sylphid. With this knowledge, what do you tell her about what you last seen before the explosion? And how the heck did you dig out of that wreck!?

Oh, and of course Castle was there. And someone was super friendly towards you. Who was he and what in particular did he do that was memorable?

Bravura, you learned that Seraphim will be out of action indefinitely. Archangel is not pleased at this, for obvious reasons. How do you feel about the possibility that an adult hero of great standing might see 'you' as responsible?

Oh, and CASTLE had a nice, long chat with you and Sylphid. Out of curiosity, how will the team be run now, in Doring's absence? What did they say about the status of the Valkyries?

Sylphid & Shodan

Well, the two of you got close, haven't ya?

Shodan After a lengthy hospital stay, you have been bunking with Sylphid at her mom's house while sneaking off to finish your... 'project'.

And you finished it! So... and what better time to unveil it than at the return to the school! Describe it!

...Sylphid, how are you faring? You nearly died down there, you know? How did Clara, your sister and your mom take the news of your fight with Blue Empress? How did you break it to them? And what steps are being taken to protect them from her... as, technically, she knows where you all live.

Oh, and how was life with Shodan? Need to ask that!

OH! And CASTLE! They dropped a bomb on your shoulders. Major bad news that you need to break the the team personally. Not even Bravura knows of this. What is this news and what does it got to do about Ms. Doring?

Fission

Rough time, wasn't it?, but life goes on, Ishmail.

Anything interesting occur in your life during your three month break? You 'did' sense the Darkness presence, didn't you?

Oh, and how did the Coffee shop hold up? I'm sure, it's okay, since you still have a job... even if it did make you late to report back to the school... after all, Ms. Doring was pulling the strings there, and now she's gone. Which makes me ask: who else on Staff know about your secret?

Dragon

It's okay, Lisa. It wasn't your fault, Doring asked you to leave her. Still, somehow word got around that you were the last one with her (don't ask me how) so once again, you're a black sheep.

But that's the least of your problems.

During the Three Month break... your grandmother contacted you, asking you to meet with her!

What was this conversation about... and what did it have to do with a group known as 'Cerberus' the GEMM project and your father?

And what danger is looming because of the three?

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: 0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Afraid
Location: Back to school

Listen, my hospital stay may have sucked - and living with Sylphid's family may've only been a slight improvement - but what I'm about to do is going to make these past three months soooooo worth it.

See, I just sort of woke up in intensive care exactly two months and twenty nine days ago. Wasn't great. Didn't want to contact my parents and tell them how bad I got hurt and worry them, so I guess I may have had the hospital contact Sylphid's mom instead? It's why I ended up living with her for these past couple months anyways - once I'd healed enough to get discharged, which took too much loving time if you ask me - I was going crazy cooped up in my hospital bed with nothing to do but have my brain practically scream endless calculations and designs and theories at me. Anyways, I basically ended up taking over her family's garage, and did my absolute best to avoid her and her family whenever it wasn't mealtime. We did play video games together a few times, and I showed off a couple of my inventions, but I had too much work to do to spend all of it wasting time with her.

I've made the most of this summer though. Upgraded or replaced virtually all of my gear, rebuilt and improved both Katsuragi and my Labcoat, added some goggles to my outfit, along with a new bandoleer since I was running out of pockets, oh and I also vastly increased the output on a few of my combat options for people like Blue Empress, Mary, (and Vermillion Dragon). I've also got a new hairstyle - I added two new tails to my hair in the back, up to four plus the strands on either side of my face - but I bet no one notices it, since no one thinks I'm attractive. Whatever, who cares.

Oh, and yeah, I built a loving Spaceship. No big deal or anything, just a teenager building literally the most advanced machine humanity has ever seen, I'm awesome like that.

That's the thing I'm talking about doing, by the way - showing off the Starship I built from scratch, piece by piece, out of garbage, in a garage, while recovering from a savage asskicking - this demonstration is why I'm looking down at the school now, from high up above, in the comfort of my awesome ship. I can't help but grin down at all the classmates staring up at the weird vehicle floating perfectly still above the school. Time to make my big entrance. Hopping out of my seat, I send a command to the ship to open the bar door as I walk back towards them. Good thing I stole those surgical implements from the hospital - I, uh, may have done some surgery on myself to graft a chip directly into my spinal column in order to control the Ragnarok remotely, it didn't hurt too bad since I also stole painkillers - anyways, I hesitate at the edge of the bay, looking down at the ground so far below, and then walk out it, into the wind and sky and the rapid fall towards the school below.

Or it would be rapid, if not for the anti-grav generator I've built into my trenchcoat. I gently float down towards the Earth instead of falling - and via telepathic command, I have my wondrous vehicle land directly beneath where I'm about to, after it does a fancy barrel-roll or two on the way down - so that way when I land, I'm standing on top of my greatest invention to date as I unveil it to my teammates, grinning at some of them and then the other, lesser kids that seem interested in my shiny new ship. Adjusting my coat, crossing my arms, and grinning smugly, I inquire "So, I built the coolest loving thing ever - I call her the Ragnarok, she can break atmo, I tested it." It was loving incredible. "What'd you all do over your summer vacations?"

Used Advance to purchase the Outsider's Kirby-craft: You have a vehicle (the Ragnarok), something from your home built yourself. Detail its look, and choose two strengths and two weaknesses. When you are flying your ship, you can use it to unleash your powers, directly engage a threat, or defend someone using Superior.

Also if there's been a three month time skip, we should be allowed to clear a condition at least.


quote:


The Ragnarok is Shodan's brand new ship, built in about two months out of parts she salvaged from the first iteration of the Doring School of Gifted Youngsters. Clearly referencing the Millenium Falcon, Shodan armed it with two quad-laser turrets mounted on the top and bottom of the ship, along with outfitting it with payloads of her own inventions. It's mainly built for speed and maneuverability - far faster than jets and far more maneuverable than helicopters, the Ragnarok is an aerial marvel. Comfortably seating about twelve, the Ragnarok and all of its systems are linked to Shodan via a chip she surgically inserted into her spinal column - she can command the ship remotely, summoning it to pick her up or maneuvering it out of harms way as needed. Also, it's got snacks and some in-flight entertainment, but all of it is stuff that Shodan likes, so lots of caffeine, sugar, PC games, and cartoons.

The downsides though are that its not like she built the thing out of fresh parts. There's quite a bit of "make do" under the surface, and the whole thing's kind of a nightmare to repair since she didn't even have the parts to make the thing properly symmetrical and uniform. Plus, due to having to sort of invent a power source that she'd have access to that would also power the ship's insane requirements, she had to make do with harnessing some bio-engineered strains of Mary's hair - and then wrapping them around some plutonium she obtained (don't ask how). Suffice it to say, it's not exactly a power source they'll find another of lying around if the ship encounters problems.

Strengths: Fast & maneuverable, chameleon plating, powerful weaponry, regenerating, dimension-shifting, size-shifting, telepathic (via a chip in Shodan's spine linking her to the aircraft)
Weaknesses: Bizarre fuel source (Mutant Hair-spooled Plutonium), susceptible to _______, easily detectable, slow and clumsy, unarmed, difficult to repair

Rauri fucked around with this message at May 8, 2016 around 08:51

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +1 | Superior: 1 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Angry, | Location: Shodan's lovely spaceship


I can't believe Shodan managed to built a freaking spaceship. In a moment. From spare parts. That's... kinda ... nuts?

"This is pretty awesome, Shodan. I'm still somewhat baffled you managed to finish this in two months, even with my help. But, uh... care to listen for a moment? It's... about Blue Empress. I'm not sure if you figured it out yet, well, uh, you probably did because you're freaking brainiac, but, uh... you see, she's... my grandmother. And she wants to kill me."

Sylphid takes a deep breath before continuing.

"I should probably tell you everything. Blue Empress used to be the Sylphid of back when Ms. Doring was still a hero, and fighting in the world war. Her term as a Sylphid had ended after the war - but the Metahumans witch hunts haven't stopped. She lost a dear friend then, and... kinda went insane over it. She blamed everything on our pact with the wind spirits. After going missing for a while, she just suddenly showed up with new, dark powers, trying to kill Clara, but only Mom was home. So she nearly crippled her. You remember how she walks funny, right? That's the result of months of treatment. Basically, she made it her life mission end our Legacy. She's going to kill every Sylphid until there are no more, simple as that. And... she's like ten times more powerful than me. You probably noticed that part already..."

Sylphid stops to think for a moment.

"If if helps, I could give you my view of the battle. I could make a little memory shard that allows you to relive my memory. And.. uh... for the love of god, don't tell anyone, including my family, that I told you all of this. They'd kill me. Uh, metaphorically. Not literally, unlike Blue Empress."

Without really waiting on the response, Sylphid returns to her own thoughts.

The battle was bad enough. Sylphid's ribcage still hurts a bit, even after two months. Thankfully, it's nowhere as much as it did back then. Worrying about her family... was kind of worse. At least her family let up after the savage beating she took. They'll probably be safe because of Clara, and the fact that Blue Empress is way more likely to go after Sylphid than them, but it's still not giving her any peace of mind. I mean, I wasn't even able to tell them when I came out of that building. I had to go straight to the hospital for an emergency operation. Apparently, Blue Empress nearly pushed my ribcage into my heart. It... wasn't pretty, looking at the scan. The doctors called my family.

Shodan... kind of helped distract her from all that. she kept her busy helping with her pet project (Which, apparently, is a goddamn spaceship built out of spare parts...). Other than that, she's mostly kept to her own, but did show up to play videogames every now and then. Honestly, it feels more like she's trying to keep up the image she built of herself more than anything. She's probably just lonely, and appreciates Sylphid's presence.

As for CASTLE... it... had a good and a bad part. Good part? CASTLE not only apologized for the Archivists actions, they promised to help us out, seeing how hard we worked to evacuate the hellhole that our school had become.

The bad part? They've done some investigation about those weird folks. The Misfits. And the Illuminati. Apparently... Ms. Doring was part of the first, before betraying them for the second. And now... They came for vengeance. And, well, they have Ms. Doring. Who knows what they'll do to her... I just hope we can save her from whatever they want to do to her, I doubt it'll only be captivity...



Team Move:
When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, tell them a secret about your legacy (including your own true feelings about it) to clear a condition and give them Influence over you.
Since Shodan already has influence, she gets to shift my labels.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at May 9, 2016 around 15:39

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior 0 | Superior +1 | Mundane -1
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Angry(because of the timeskip?)

The only reason those weird blueshirts didn’t end up as paste in the hallway or ashes in the ruin is because they mentioned her name. I was frozen, staring at them, trying to get my brain working again. Afterwards, during the last three months, I had time to think about it properly, and it was obviously a bluff. Juliet is dead. I know she’s dead, they, whoever they are, just figured out who I was, somehow, and knew that that would be a way to surprise me. Surprise me enough that I wouldn’t be able to stop them from leaving, and they were right. It worked, drat them. I don’t know how they figured it out, but they did.

As much as I’d like to have beaten the living poo poo out of them for that, it’s probably for the best they distracted me long enough to escape. If that black dressed one had managed to set off the bomb or whatever it was while I’d been fighting him, I might not have been able to save Warp and Outstrider -she’s cheerful and friendly, but a bit lacking in presence, I only remembered her name after I’d saved her. She can phase herself into another dimension or something, which would be really useful if she ever managed to grasp the combat applications of it, which she so far hasn’t. Or hadn’t until the fight anyway, I don’t know if she made any progress once she was in the real world and not just training. But, even without that added difficulty, I still barely had time throw myself on top of them to take most of the blast, and getting out wasn’t half as much trouble as having to carefully smash and shift the wreckage without crushing them in the process.

In any case, I’m not in a good mood. Despite not having school, I’ve had basically no time to spend with Bravura, or at least alone with her, there were all the drat interviews about what went on with the police, and CASTLE and the police, and CASTLE, and government fuckheads that weren’t either. Since I’m the only one who say Doring get kidnapped I was kind of stuck with it (you can bet I didn’t mention them mentioning Juliet though), and most of us had to talk about whatever the hell the hair-mary stuff was. And then someone in a peak of idiocy decided to make Bravura the new joint (or whatever) leader, and so she had more meetings with teachers but really, Bravura??

How is someone with no powers at all supposed to know the best way to deploy people who do have them? She might be an even worse choice than Sylphid, no offense to Bravura. She’s still great, just, not the person for this job. At all.

There’s just two things right now keeping things from being complete poo poo. First, is in the last talk with CASTLE agents, the new ‘Valkyrie Liaison Agent’ -apparently they decided to make an official one after the disaster that was the Archivist- Alexandra Dearheart, is the least objectionable government official since Doring, and she told me we’d all be getting funding to replace our lost possessions. I may have exaggerated slightly on how much I lost, so I’ve got a decent sized wad of cash left over, in the bank.

The second thing is that we’re finally back, and Bravura and I are standing in front of the new school gates, talking to each other, alone. After a bit of talking, catching up on things, the two of us are standing there, looking up at the new building, holding hands. Eventually, I break the moment of silence. “Listen, I know you probably want to do a team bonding thing, since we’re all getting back up again, but it’s been ages since we’ve been able to get some time alone, lets say we go into town to watch a movie tonight, just you and me. We can do team stuff tomorrow?” I squeeze her fingers gently.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: 0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Afraid
Location: Flashback - Still in the Ragnarok

Slight Flashback

Oh, yeah... I let Sylphid ride to school with me - aboard my awesome spaceship - because I tricked her into helping me build parts of it, and therefore she does, technically, deserve to enjoy its first public flight a little bit. Didn't expect her to poo poo on the occasion by being all emotional and selfish, though. Seems her grandma's a superpowered killer and also the person that nearly killed me too? That really sucks. Both my grandmas think I'm adorable, and they pretend to be interested in my super-science in exchange for me listening to them without rolling my eyes - they're awesome is my basic point, and neither of them want me dead.

I want to be flippant about it, but it actually kinda sucks listening to her explain that her grandmother crippled her mom - the same person that was cooking meals and providing for me these last few months - and that she's coming for her too. Plus, Blue Empress tried to kill me, she's old yet young looking enough that she's clearly using either magic or relativistic travel to extend her age, and Sylphid has basically admitted that she's hosed (despite all her insane powers and magic) without my help. Sooo... guess I'm helping her.

"You're like, one of two actual friends I have on the loving team, I don't want you to die, so yeah... guess I'll help." I tell her, uncrossing my arms as I offer her a big grin... while double checking that I've installed the Anti-grav generator into my trenchcoat, since I don't want to fall to my death when I show off my new ship in, oh, about fifteen seconds. "Get me your Memory Shard or whatever, and I'll review the battle and figure out some way to beat her."

Promise made and jumpzone approaching, I head back towards the bay, opening them via mental command. Time to go skydiving...

Flashback ended. Provide Sylphid used her Team Move, am adjusting Savior +1, Mundane -1.

Rauri fucked around with this message at May 9, 2016 around 06:36

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +2 | Superior: 2 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Angry | Location: Flashback - Shodan's lovely spaceship

Sylphid nods, closing her eyes, pressing her hands together, and then pulling them away from each other. In the middle of this, a small, see-through crystal floats, growing quickly faster.

"Here you go. Sit down - you're not going to be in control of your body while you see things through my eyes."


Due to the balance changes, I am swapping out "Suck it, Domitian" for "Fight the Good fight"!

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at May 23, 2016 around 16:03

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008




Freak -1 | Danger -1 | Savior +2 | Superior +1 | Mundane +2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: Medical Center

White. Pain. Better than if she'd been inside the building. Still distinctly not fun.

Coming back here seems strange. The very day Gwen got the position - the validation - she so craved had also been a day of tragedy.

Weird to be back. They'd had an impromptu break, while the school got put back together. It'd cut into summer break, and that meant she couldn't keep it from her parents. Ah, yes, that was a fun conversation. "Hi! I'm a team leader also the school blew up." Her parents had almost wanted to pull her right then and there, put this silly superhero thing behind her. A wave of cajoling and spinning put a stop to that, barely. Leaving now would prove she couldn't do it, it would be a black mark, and so on. Gwen's life had been so much about perseverance, the argument won the day.

Not that it won everybody over. Gwen knew some students had dropped out, others were pulled out by parents they couldn't convince. And Seraphim...poor Gabi. Gwen felt guilty about her more than anybody. She'd been a good roommate, a good person, probably a friend, as much as any of them. She'd seen Gabi just the once, getting loaded into a medevac, with a very stern Archangel lingering around. Intense guy. Creepy. Just seeing him look at her that way, as if he knew Gwen had been responsible, that it was all her fault! But it wasn't...was it? How could she convince him if she wasn't even sure herself? If Archangel thought she was reckless, or worse, weak, she'd never go anywhere as a superhero. That thought, even more than the guilt, has gnawed at and driven Gwen the past few months.

She stayed with Jewels the first week or so, but that wasn't viable long term. Back home it was, like the kind of summer break she'd never really had before. Her parents tried to get her to relax, slow down a little - Gwen had none of it. She wasn't going to lounge around or talk about her feelings. No, Gwen kept herself on a very strict training regimen, and tried to keep her teammates in too, those who were willing. Morning runs, afternoon strength training, stuff they could get away with at a public gym. On the roof they could slip in a bit of hand to hand and archery. No powers means you have to keep working it. If her parents could see her dedication...happy side bonus. She wasn't doing it *just* to show off.

"Hey Jewels," Gwen says. "Mmm, kind of. Carolin and I have a lot to figure out and go over. CASTLE...was kind of apologetic. Nice, even. They shared some of their investigation with us. All had to do with Miss Doring's old career in heroics. A group called the Misfits hit us to get back at her." Gwen rubs her eyes. "Really hoped we'd be doing actual *good* rather than stupid pissing contests," Gwen grumps. Her mood is nothing compared to Jewels and her little dark rain cloud. "How've you held up?" she asks, clapping her hands around Jewels'. This is a time for teambuilding, and Jewels needs some help, she can tell. "Sure," Gwen agrees. "Oh, there's this neat movie I read about, sort of a comedy about three vampires renting a house together. Could be fun?" she suggests.


How did I get no potential those issues? Oh well. Now Gwen is clearly in over her head!

  • Locked thread
«8 »