Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Hi! I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear. Let's smoke crack in the exclusive Imp Zone Cable Club while we train and trade in Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow, out tomorrow! Time to get that perfect Pokédex, again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Can you trade online in the new red blue and yellow?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Please tell me online battles and trading for red and blue and yellow. Please

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm going for all 151 as well. Is mew impossible to get now or what?

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Black Baby Goku posted:

Please tell me online battles and trading for red and blue and yellow. Please

if you cant im gonna kill myself. if you can only use the bank then you have to use a newer pokégame as proxy trade through the bank, I guess?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bolverkur posted:

if you cant im gonna kill myself. if you can only use the bank then you have to use a newer pokégame as proxy trade through the bank, I guess?

I guess if it uses the bank then maybe online will work as well?

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Black Baby Goku posted:

I'm going for all 151 as well. Is mew impossible to get now or what?

there is a super secret leet exploit you can use to get mew in red/blue that should still work. I did it just a year or two ago, making my original Blue save finally have a complete Pokédex. otherwise then there is a US giveaway on Mew codes for the newer games.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

they've said battles and trading are wireless only. topic locked.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Black Baby Goku posted:

I guess if it uses the bank then maybe online will work as well?

they better. by god they better

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just want to collect them all

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

mabels big day posted:

goodbye world

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

mabels big day posted:

:rant:

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

then we must be able to move our teams to the bank, then to XY/ORAS, and battle/trade there before moving them back to the bank and to RBY? I don't care if its a hassle, im gonna do this somehow

Soral
May 30, 2009

i'm going to use that glitch repeatedly to get a ton of mews to trade for anything i want on the gts in omega ruby

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Soral posted:

i'm going to use that glitch repeatedly to get a ton of mews to trade for anything i want on the gts in omega ruby

That's a good idea

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm gonna put a bunch of Mews on wonder trade :)

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Bolverkur posted:

they better. by god they better
RIP.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I'm gonna have Hunter on my team because he rules also because im dead now and a ghost

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I want remakes of rby but until then im gonna catch em all in yellow.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yellow had them all right? I remember there was a guy who would give you a squirtle if your pikachu was at max happiness but it was insanely hard to get right

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Yeah, pretty sure yellow had everything but mew (idk if theres a yellow mew glitch)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Weedle
Kakuna
Beedrill
Ekans
Arbok
Raichu
Meowth
Persian
Koffing
Weezing
Jynx
Electabuzz
Magmar

Not in yellow

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

frank.club posted:

yellow had them all right? I remember there was a guy who would give you a squirtle if your pikachu was at max happiness but it was insanely hard to get right

squirtle was easy bublasaur was hard

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wiki how is strong http://m.wikihow.com/Catch-Mew-in-Pokemon-Yellow

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I got mew from my friend when I was 12 using some duplication trick and I like to think mew spread across the country from kid to kid that way. Strong gamer feel

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i remember it having something to do with turning the gameboy off during a trade

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

In Training posted:

Weedle
Kakuna
Beedrill
Ekans
Arbok
Raichu
Meowth
Persian
Koffing
Weezing
Jynx
Electabuzz
Magmar

Not in yellow

What the hell...

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
You can evolve your Pikachu and it just doesnt follow you anymore.

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

Doctor Goat posted:

You can evolve your Pikachu and it just doesnt follow you anymore.

a fate worse than death

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

The hosed-up pictures combined with the weird instructions made me think the article would turn into some kind of creepypasta

EpicCareMadBitch
Dec 20, 2008
Jeaus christ people.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

oaok posted:

Jeaus christ people.

*holding back intense anger* Oh, do you not like Pokemon?

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Yellow needed both red and blue to complete, which is cool, unfortunately it is missing some choice pokes. Still thinking I might get it or Blue, my childhood fave (even though I bought both for my own money)

EpicCareMadBitch
Dec 20, 2008

Bolverkur posted:

then we must be able to move our teams to the bank, then to XY/ORAS, and battle/trade there before moving them back to the bank and to RBY? I don't care if its a hassle, im gonna do this somehow

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/original-pokemon-virtual-console-re-releases-suppo/1100-6435131/

EpicCareMadBitch fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Feb 28, 2016

Soral
May 30, 2009

quote:

Additionally, the developer explained that Pokemon from Red, Blue, and Yellow cannot be moved to Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire and X/Y using Pokemon Bank.

what the fuuuuuuuuuck

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
It makes sense, you'd need a software that could read the pokemon data, something that was written very differently in the first gen. Catch location data, level caught, that sort of thing.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

There needs to be some sort of global Pokémon Index. A Pokédex, if you will.

EpicCareMadBitch
Dec 20, 2008
Nintendo is going to remaster every single game they made before making a new ip.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

oaok posted:

Nintendo is going to remaster every single game they made before making a mew ip.

splatoon is less than a year old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

oaok posted:

Nintendo is going to remaster every single game they made before making a new ip.

....And I couldn't be gladder. #GiveYourMoneyToNinty

• Locked thread