Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
I bet Donald Trump lays pipe in both directions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
im voting trump, hes a good business man :)

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
The Muslims are gonna be super pissed at Trump. Wonder what they might do? Bake him a cake?

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

FrankieGoes posted:

You can't seriously look at Donald Trump and tell me he hasn't molested a child at some point in his life. It's going to come out, and it's going to be glorious.

don't shame oompa loompa mating traditions

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

akulanization posted:

microwave lasers have the benefit of being extremely painful but nonlethal, as long as the southerners learn to walk away from the magic pain zones you can even preserve their population in the wild.

donald trump ought to build a wall of lasers, then i'd vote for him. good call

eugenics_slut
Feb 27, 2016

by zen death robot

Lucky Guy posted:

don't shame oompa loompa mating traditions

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I went to see what the sadbrains had to say on the subject in DnD and wow I am glad gibbus is here

I hope every single one of them kills themselves

Anyway TRUMP 2016

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Serak posted:

I disagree. I could see one of the other two Republican candidates molesting children, but that doesn't seem like Trump's style.

Now, if there were video of him shaking a baby, kicking a toddler or forcing a former Russian bride to get an abortion, I could easily believe that.

The guy commissioned pictures of himself groping his daughter. Come on, he has to have fondled a child.

At the very least a 13 year old Taiwanese ladyboy while he was "building" some garbage tower in Asia.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I think Trump might have molested me when I was a toddler. Every time I see his hair I start weeping uncontrollably and I get a boner.

Nick Rivers
Nov 23, 2004

JiveHonky posted:

i vote we order a pizza

I like pizza.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

FrankieGoes posted:

I think Trump might have molested me when I was a toddler. Every time I see his hair I start weeping uncontrollably and I get a boner.

thats a common reaction to trump for everyone. gaze upon his works ye mighty and pop wood.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

AugmentedVision posted:

So it's pretty clear that the general election will be Clinton vs Trump. ITT we rationalize why we're voting for one piece of poo poo over the other.

I'm voting for Trump because a self-serving manipulative piece of poo poo is better than a campaign sponsor-serving manipulative piece of poo poo.

What exactly is so bad about Clinton, at least compared to her fellow politicians? She's intelligent, well educated, experienced and not completely evil or literally mentally ill. She's not my dream candidate either, but how do you even put her in the same category as a dude who is the opposite of all those things?

As for a moron being a safer candidate, Dubya is pretty good evidence that is not the case.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Turdsdown Tom posted:

we'd have whatever technology comes after the nuclear bomb by that time thanks to that #1 education

"Have we discovered NOT BEING AN UNARMED PUSSY yet, Science Officer Trumbull?"

"We are trying, Grand Matriarch, but the equations! We need more computing power."

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Isis was right

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

As a smelly European I personally can't wait until Trump is democratically ellected president of the united states of america

so you jerks cant be smug about anything ever again

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Saga posted:

What exactly is so bad about Clinton, at least compared to her fellow politicians? She's intelligent, well educated, experienced and not completely evil or literally mentally ill. She's not my dream candidate either, but how do you even put her in the same category as a dude who is the opposite of all those things?

As for a moron being a safer candidate, Dubya is pretty good evidence that is not the case.

Ah yes, the moron candidate who just hatefucked the GOP into backing him for POTUS.

Why would he be as good as the lady whose only belief in the entire world is that she deserves to be the president?

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Saga posted:

What exactly is so bad about Clinton, at least compared to her fellow politicians? She's intelligent, well educated, experienced and not completely evil or literally mentally ill.

aside from the fact that she metaphorically blows Wall Street & fossil fuel industry dong, every influential position she has held she has been total monkey-rear end garbage at

also she's a pathological liar beyond even the dreamiest political standards and should probably be in prison for a whole bunch of bad poo poo

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Junior Jr. posted:

I hope you're happy america! This was the one time bernie could've made a difference and you blew it for him! He's just an old man, all he ever wanted was a nice retirement home in the white house...and YOU WOULDN'T LET HIM HAVE IT! At least he won't have to suffer for the next 4 years, because he'll be long dead after you buried him!

Oh and I'm voting for Donald btw, TRUMP 2016!

Welcome my child, to the fold.

Embrace the part of you that relishes in Trump and it will spread to the rest of your mind fast.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Mikojan posted:

As a smelly European I personally can't wait until Trump is democratically ellected president of the united states of america

so you jerks cant be smug about anything ever again

I'm going to be really smug about it.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Maoist Pussy posted:

I'm going to be really smug about it.

Hell hes not even a nominee for the GOP yet and I'm smug about it.

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.

Ork of Fiction posted:

Ah yes, the moron candidate who just hatefucked the GOP into backing him for POTUS.

Why would he be as good as the lady whose only belief in the entire world is that she deserves to be the president?

Those are both equally terrible reasons to be voted into the presidency, agreed. But that also doesn't make 'voting for either is equally bad' true

If one of those people is president, it will be a continuation of the current status quo with all of the bad things/lack of progress that that entails.

If the other is president, it will likely be a pendulum between hilarious clusterfuck and utter comic-book villainy.

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan

Serak posted:

Those are both equally terrible reasons to be voted into the presidency, agreed. But that also doesn't make 'voting for either is equally bad' true

If one of those people is president, it will be a continuation of the current status quo with all of the bad things/lack of progress that that entails.

If the other is president, it will likely be a pendulum between hilarious clusterfuck and utter comic-book villainy.

I think that Battlefield 2142 is the best in the series, so I kinda want to see if we can recreate it in real life.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
battlefield 2142 had man cannons that launched you across the map while you screamed in terror get on it lockheed

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

to die for
Yams Fan

Shaquin posted:

battlefield 2142 had man cannons that launched you across the map while you screamed in terror get on it lockheed

Also, hover tanks, and armored walkers, and generally good gameplay that hasn't been seen in the series since then

Also, it has taken Lockheed $1.5trillion just to make a fighter that doesn't crash when it crosses the arctic circle, so I wouldn't look to them for this future tech

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
as an Australian with no direct stake in your hilariously dumb country I just want to iterate how laughable it is that there are actual Hillary supporters on this forum (or anywhere, for that matter)

like I can vaguely understand the whole welp blow it up Hail Chaos Hail Satan ideology that comes with supporting Trump, even though he'll be really amazingly goddamn bad

but lmao Hillary is just the most pathetic shitbird of a candidate imaginable and I for one am embarrassed on behalf of the gloaty-rear end posters here that somehow think she's legitimately good. Your education and upbringing has straight up failed you lol just lol

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
i can not talk about the game it is my video game vietnam i probably spent a straight months worth of time all together one year playing. I dream of the clark and it's satisfying chunk as you vape a whole squad. using stationary railguns to lock down an entire sector of the map by sniping everything and anyone that came across your horizon. nitrous assisted buggy wheelies on a bridge as the man on the bed in back fires his shotgun wildly killing the targets we fail to run over. the transcendent moment when we realized you could attach your scanner radar box directly to the gun drone, giving you an auto targeting area mapping flying r2d2

Shaquin has issued a correction as of 11:01 on Mar 2, 2016

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

to die for
Yams Fan

Homestar Runner posted:

as an Australian with no direct stake in your hilariously dumb country I just want to iterate how laughable it is that there are actual Hillary supporters on this forum (or anywhere, for that matter)

like I can vaguely understand the whole welp blow it up Hail Chaos Hail Satan ideology that comes with supporting Trump, even though he'll be really amazingly goddamn bad

but lmao Hillary is just the most pathetic shitbird of a candidate imaginable and I for one am embarrassed on behalf of the gloaty-rear end posters here that think she's legitimately good. Your education and upbringing has straight up failed you lol just lol

Imagine how I feel when my state went 65% to Clinton

Like, god drat, we're consistently rated as one of the richest and one of the most educated parts of the country, and then we go and overwhelmingly vote for Trump and Clinton

Way to bring us all down, fuckers

Shaquin posted:

i can not talk about the game it is my video game vietnam i probably spent a months worth of time all together one year playing. I dream of the clark and it's satisfying chunk as you vape a whole squad. using stationary railguns to lock down an entire sector of the map by sniping everything and anyone that came across your horizon. nitrous assisted buggy wheelies on a bridge as the man on the bed in back fires his shotgun wildly killing the targets we fail to run over. the transcendent moment when we realized you could attach your scanner radar box directly to the gun drone, giving you an auto targeting area mapping flying r2d2

Sounds like you played with lovely people. Stationary positions lose matches every time. You could do all kinds of creative poo poo, and an early glitch that allowed you to drag a cloud of motion mines around the feet of your walker was probably my favorite.

BLARGHLE has issued a correction as of 11:05 on Mar 2, 2016

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

BLARGHLE posted:

Also, hover tanks, and armored walkers, and generally good gameplay that hasn't been seen in the series since then

Also, it has taken Lockheed $1.5trillion just to make a fighter that doesn't crash when it crosses the arctic circle, so I wouldn't look to them for this future tech

there were a shiton of issues of 2142. It was the turning point in the BF series becoming poo poo.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
its not unbelievable at all to support hillary, if you are upper middle class and socially progressive to a wishy washy degree. if I made a couple hundred thousand dollars a year and didn't see it coming to an end any time soon I'd stick with centrist democrats as well. to be raw as gently caress about it.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Shaquin posted:

its not unbelievable at all to support hillary, if you are upper middle class and socially progressive to a wishy washy degree. if I made a couple hundred thousand dollars a year and didn't see it coming to an end any time soon I'd stick with centrist democrats as well. to be raw as gently caress about it.

yeah but explain all the poors that vote for her in mass amounts.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Microwaves Mom posted:

yeah but explain all the poors that vote for her in mass amounts.

:smug: berniebro answer: name recognition and media saturation. the very definition of low-information voting.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
they have been manipulated and their ignorance exploited. they are dumb by circumstance not nature and the DNC is pulling out all the stops on getting black people to basically vote against their own interests. black people are responsive in part because they feel that they are expected to support bernie sanders and are going to slit their own throats to prove a point, this is mostly an issue with older african americans.

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

to die for
Yams Fan

Microwaves Mom posted:

there were a shiton of issues of 2142. It was the turning point in the BF series becoming poo poo.

2142 was pretty much the quintessential example of pre-modern warfare shooter, everything after that was downhill.

2142 had the best gameplay specifically because of it was uncoupled from other modern shooters by 100 years, so they could mess around with technology and gameplay ideas. Titan mode is still the best thing to happen to online shooters in pretty much their entire history, even if nobody does poo poo like that anymore

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Homestar Runner posted:

but lmao Hillary is just the most pathetic shitbird of a candidate imaginable and I for one am embarrassed on behalf of the gloaty-rear end posters here that somehow think she's legitimately good. Your education and upbringing has straight up failed you lol just lol

I keep having to remind myself that many of the posters supporting Hillary were children during the Clinton years. Just as many have no real memory of a pre-9/11 world, many have no real memory of a time before NAFTA, of how apparent Hillary's naked ambition was even 20 years ago, and just how insincere her populist rhetoric has always been.

I think much of the belief that the worst that will happen with Hillary as President is "no progress" is incredibly naive, but I think the same every time we end up with a total dickhead as Prime Minister as well. If Americans choose to ignore what the last 20 years should have taught them about Hillary, then they'll truly get the President they deserve and I'll laugh at every single thread about the consequences of that choice.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
nothing in america will ever change because they just have to keep people in that sweet spot of becoming more apathetic/conservative as they crest their thirties and they can continuously create a new conservative voting bloc that will allow them to keep stuff more or less the same. young people cant seem to get it together enough to vote for their congressman, myself included, so its all pretty boned.

everyone wants to watch it crash which would probly be good but i sadly think we are seeing the mediocre up and down baseline of Americas future. Perhaps my generations children will do better, but I doubt it. I have already written my own peers off.

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

to die for
Yams Fan

Shaquin posted:

nothing in america will ever change because they just have to keep people in that sweet spot of becoming more apathetic/conservative as they crest their thirties and they can continuously create a new conservative voting bloc that will allow them to keep stuff more or less the same. young people cant seem to get it together enough to vote for their congressman, myself included, so its all pretty boned.

everyone wants to watch it crash which would probly be good but i sadly think we are seeing the mediocre up and down baseline of Americas future. Perhaps my generations children will do better, but I doubt it. I have already written my own off.

Funnily enough, I feel like they've done the opposite as they've become increasingly extreme in their rhetoric. I know they alienated the poo poo out of me, which is probably unsurprising, as I'm a working class atheist, but I'm also a veteran and a gun owner, which probably shouldn't be voting blocks, but here we are.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
things are so rigged that it doesn't matter if they alienate much of their party anymore. as long as people with all the money are able to money away the problem of voters not toeing the corporate oligarchy line and keep a relative majority toeing that line, whether they know they are doing it or not, they have won. There are billions of dollars spent to keep trillions of dollars funneling upwards and as long as matters remain on a fairly even keel in regards to social stability nobody is going to go out and change it.

its a matter of scale, of requiring almost pseudo militant resistance of the population bordering on sedition to break the cycle and machinery that entrenches itself more and more as the millenium progresses.

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

to die for
Yams Fan

Shaquin posted:

things are so rigged that it doesn't matter if they alienate much of their party anymore. as long as people with all the money are able to money away the problem of voters not toeing the corporate oligarchy line and keep a relative majority toeing that line, whether they know they are doing it or not, they have won. There are billions of dollars spent to keep trillions of dollars funneling upwards and as long as matters remain on a fairly even keel in regards to social stability nobody is going to go out and change it.

its a matter of scale, of requiring almost pseudo militant resistance of the population bordering on sedition to break the cycle and machinery that entrenches itself more and more as the millenium progresses.

Or just put in a primary vote for Sanders

My younger brother basically put up the same argument for not voting, because no candidate totally represented what he was looking for. Hey, why compromise when you can just complain later? Anyway, I (and pretty much everyone else) gave him a ton of poo poo about it, because that's basically like throwing a tantrum in the toy store because your mother only got you two of the three toys you wanted. I'd go beat his rear end right now if it was socially acceptable, but unfortunately we're not kids anymore, or whatever.

BLARGHLE has issued a correction as of 11:48 on Mar 2, 2016

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

You should all vote Trump, so other countries can laugh at you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Fanelien posted:

You should all vote Trump, so other countries can laugh at you.

If it comes down to a Trump/Hillary general election we're going to laugh at them no matter who wins. Pretty much all of the options are comical.

• Locked thread