Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Morrison was the Writer or whatever in the Suicide Squad book (posted above), the New Frontier animated Captain Cold was based off him, and Alex Ross originally designed Brainiac to look like Grant in Justice. What I think WickedHate might be subliminally referring to is that the Joker in the Suicide Squad movie is partially based off of Morrison's Joker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

My friend who's been buying monthly comics for the last 7 years asked me who Kurt Busiek was. Bums me out. What's the deal with Kurt?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

JLA is not government sanctioned and operates in space, some people fear and mistrust them as ivory tower gods, Avengers are scrappier and cooperate with SHIELD and the US government but chafe under the rules and regulations at times. Both teams are wary of each other in some ways but usually are not at odds. Batman and Captain America really loving hate each other.

This is a good post. Only thing I'd argue is that Batman and Cap would be smart enough to be friends, begrudgingly, or otherwise. Iron Man would be the one who would be in a dick measuring contest with Batman. Thor would be the guy who everyone wonders why he isn't on the Justice League. He also has a fight with Orion. There's a lot of dialogue punctuated with multiple explanation points!!!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Chinatown Hotel is where it's at for C2E2.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Rhyno posted:

South Loop Hotel my man. We're .7 miles from McCormick.

Chinatown is only about a mile away, and where else are you going to find a post con Chinese restaurant that's open until 2 am?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

Being aware of MASH and the Beatles are not even remotely on the same level as Turbo Teen.

I don't think you're lying, I'm just surprised, is all.

Robot Chicken helps me remember a lot of obscure cartoons. Silverhawks, and M.A.S.K. would have been buried deep in my subconscious without RC reminding me of the stupid, plastic crap we used to play with.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Bad opinions here, but I like that Deathstroke, and New 52 Superman armor would look slick as gently caress on a new age, younger Superman. My only problem with New 52 Superman is that he replaced the main Superman. DC seems to be trying to rectify this in an overly complicated way, so I guess we'll see what Rebirth has in store.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

The latest Secret Wars is easily the best event. Main series was great, and worth a read on its own. The tie ins were mostly good, and the unique setting allowed there to be something for everyone.

I'm currently reading through DC 1,000,000, and it is a lot of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

WickedHate is proof that mods, like the justice system, are far too lenient on major offenders, and that they should deal with them with extreme prejudice.

• Locked thread