Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I know it's for little kids and I really shouldn't complain but DC Super Hero Girls is dogshit. The only personality between any of them is Harley being Pinkie Pie with a New Jersey accent, single other character is a generic girlie girl Bratz doll.

Speaking of Harley I rescind what I said in the Marvel chat about her old costume. I like it in some depictions a lot better than others, I'm not sure why but I just mainly hate it in the Bruce Timm's style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

DrProsek posted:

DC: Supergirl vol 1 by Michael Green

Marvel: Alpha Flight vol 1 by Greg Pak

Non-Big 2: Invisible Republic vol 1 by Gabriel Hardman

Nuclear Option: Burn all 3 books, start again.

Needs a manga option.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

bobkatt013 posted:

Whats wrong with Timm's style?

I don't have a problem with Timm's style in general at all(although it does look really bad when translated to action figures and the like), just Harley Quinn specifically. I can't put my finger on why her classic outfit looks so much better by other artists. Maybe something about the eyes/face.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Travis343 posted:

Whenever WickedHate says something you can usually assume the opposite is true.

WickedHate posted:

I don't have a problem with Timm's style in general at all

What's your problem with Bruce Timm?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Hernan is the best Superman ever, next to All Star.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Goddamn, I'd kill for that X-Statix.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

:(

CharlestheHammer posted:

It's not hard to get X-statix, I got it last year for 40

Yeah, but I'm poor. Though it is my birthday this month, so maybe.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Kamala writes real person fanfiction.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Endless Mike posted:

So does Squizzle and he rules.

People always have my consent to write fanfiction about me, as long as I'm the flawless protagonist.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
The TVT mock threads always focused on the worst 10%. While there's never been shortage of terrible poo poo on TV Tropes, most people who visit the site are casual users who don't even touch the forums or even make edits. The whole site has been cleaned up a lot in recent years and is under new management too. Troper tales hasn't even existed for ages.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
drat, I'm sorry Lurdiak. It sounds miserable, and I really hope you're doing okay.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

I don't get it, why did they paint Jesus hugging himself?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

He's fast enough that he can give himself a hug.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
My problem with Nancy Reagan's death that makes me unable to enjoy it is that she died peacefully of natural causes at the age of ninety loving four. Karmic retribution it ain't. Thankfully, I believe in Hell. :devil:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Will Smith was supposed to star in the Matrix originally, incidentally.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

I read he was offered the role and turned it down. It's not like he dropped out at the last minute or anything.

Still, probably burned a little. Not as much as Sean Connery turning down Gandalf, though.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I dreamed that my dog attacked Grant Morrison at the Suicide Squad premier(which included the Joker singing a romantic song in Japanese). I'm not sure what I'm supposed to take away from this.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
He was giving a speech about how he was honored to have the movie based on his work. I...know that's not accurate in the least.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Bring her back so the cover can have her in a death trap with a narration box exclaiming "A Close Shave For The Muff!".

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Squizzle posted:

What the raging blind gently caress—

JOHN

QUINCY

ATOM

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Gambit Origins?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Ferrule posted:

Well, Spidey's eyes are doing the pupil thing in Cap Civil War.

I think it's a good move for making him more intimidating and badass. He's not Batman but he needs to scare criminals and that gets lost a lot beneath the quips.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

zoux posted:

It's really impressive how you manage to miss the point of every character ever.

Batman Beyond is in every way the ideal Spider-Man.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Me and my partner are getting matching tattoos. There is a not zero chance they will be Joker/Harley related.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Travis343 posted:

Joker/Harley is played out. Get matching Jason/Roy tattoos.

Hah! I smiled.

Toph Bei Fong posted:

I agree with this

The take away from this is that I'm never wrong. MEDDLESOME CHILDREN STATUS: ENCOURAGED

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Chaos Hippy posted:

Goddamnit, it never ends.

Like some predatory bird, stupid arguments will always stalk us. It gives me the worst case of indigestion I've ever had, but what chance do we have of avoiding them?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
The question is, what doesn't it stand for?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
My birthday was today and mom got me a poster "of the entire Justice League" that's actually a bunch of random Marvel characters. It's kind of adorable :3:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Why does this random Batman Beyond mook have a Christopher Walkin voice.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
And I'm the antimatter Waterhaul.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

You're not wrong.

I was really shocked by the number of fully suited furries at the show yesterday. Usually it's like two but we counted 17 distinct costumes.

Gross.

Furries are amazing.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Squizzle posted:

:gonk: I simply do not understand some things that people do.

Social awkwardness. Also, autism.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Aquaman is also super strong and fast. I mean, Mera probably is too, but it's not like "talks to fish" is the only thing Aquaman brings to the table.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Teenboat is clearly written by someone who grew up watching Turbo Teen and developed a very specific kink.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Endless Mike posted:

Turbo Teen was my first though upon seeing it, too, but I'm really shocked you're at all aware of an obscure 80s cartoon.

People once accused me of lying about my age because I was aware of MASH and the Beatles. I'm not a hipster, but all my life I've had syndication and the internet. Everything old is new again.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

redbackground posted:

Who the gently caress isn't aware of the Beatles?

Obviously that's a more egregious example and that person was exceptionally stupid(unlike Mike who's surprise is more reasonable), but either way my point is we live in an age where nearly everything from the past few decades is avaliable one way or another.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I dunno what I did now, Mike's cool and I wasn't comparing him to the person that thought the Beatles and MASH were obscure, it was just a similar situation I was reminded of.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

bobkatt013 posted:

Yeah I am more in disbelief that people would think that Beatles and MASH are obscure. Hell FX used to marathon Mash at least 4 hours a day.

I was as baffled as you are.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Well now that you're a smut peddler you can finally start selling dildos in your store. One of your choice free with every four subscriptions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Really hope her son turns out to be gay and/or trans.

• Locked thread