Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

NoneMoreNegative posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

harsh, man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
not a bad idea though

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
i got fired

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

online arbitrage. basically buy stuff on amazon and sell on ebay and vice versa. work with a company off alibaba to make a private label of some regular good and then sell it too

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Kirk posted:

i got fired

sux

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

losing your job owns

jolts you into understanding your own mortality again and the overall pointlessness of your existence

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Kirk posted:

i got fired

im sorry kirk

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Kirk posted:

i got fired

dude

mishaq posted:

losing your job owns

jolts you into understanding your own mortality again and the overall pointlessness of your existence

I'd rather have not found that out so abruptly

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

echinopsis posted:

i lost everything twice before i turned 30, lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lampey posted:

online arbitrage. basically buy stuff on amazon and sell on ebay and vice versa. work with a company off alibaba to make a private label of some regular good and then sell it too

The old reseller trick. I tried this with RAM once.. in the end I made like $5 of each stick and the entire exercise basically allowed me to upgrade my ram for free. I can't imagine what kind of volume you'd need to do to replace an actual job

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
gotta job interview tomorrow so not all is poo poo (although only for 2 days a week, including a sunday. Ive never worked on a sunday before), and got a half shift this afternoon and two days next week

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

echinopsis posted:

the year after i got laid off was one of the best years of my life

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
if i liose my job i cant pay rent for even 1 month. that would suck. and is inevitable. dont rly like to think about it really. i like to think ive rolled out so much computer bull poo poo here that only i can janitor that im safe. but, well, im not, really.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mishaq posted:

the year after i got laid off was one of the best years of my life

but why

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

traveled a lot and drank a lot and found some ladies depraved enough to have sex with me in different parts of the world

it was technically the second time i experienced a layoff in my life, first time was right out of college but they rehired me a few weeks later

ever since then the corporate world scared me into living well below my means so if i ever lose my job it has no immediate negative impact on my life

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

mishaq posted:

ever since then the corporate world scared me into living well below my means so if i ever lose my job it has no immediate negative impact on my life

p much this just don't get too lazy thinking "I got plenty" because it will run out eventually

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

qirex posted:

p much this just don't get too lazy thinking "I got plenty" because it will run out eventually

:agreed:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
yeah well I've got a family and two properties and it's not quite as easy for me to drop and walk.. thank Christ my wife earns a decent coin and she can get extra work at the drop of a hat if we get desperate

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
good one on the depraved sex ppl tho

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

echinopsis posted:

The old reseller trick. I tried this with RAM once.. in the end I made like $5 of each stick and the entire exercise basically allowed me to upgrade my ram for free. I can't imagine what kind of volume you'd need to do to replace an actual job

in the us there are sites like bulq.com where you can buy whole pallets of liquidated stuff to resell. in nz there is probably an equivalent.

ecommerce, drop ship stuff like homebrewing supplies from china

online transcription. all you need is a computer and one of those foot pedals and you get paid by the minute or word

writing erotica

customer service/telemarketer for something like a donation drive or amazon

marketing/website design/spammer

if you have specialized skills and experience you could be a CPA/book keeper from anywhere. programmer, really any it job, vba macro maker. trucking/taxi dispatcher.

could you learn to prepare taxes and then advertise online? does nz require some tax related training or can anyone just jump in?

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka
what happened to your game OP?

also you make some p. sick renderings these days. I'm not sure how people actually make money of these things but you've defiantly got some really cool skills there :)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

vodkat posted:

what happened to your game OP?

also you make some p. sick renderings these days. I'm not sure how people actually make money of these things but you've defiantly got some really cool skills there :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPV1YEQoZn0

dude I watched this tonight and surprised myself with how many things and aspects I had created for the game.. shame content creation is hard

lampey posted:

in the us there are sites like bulq.com where you can buy whole pallets of liquidated stuff to resell. in nz there is probably an equivalent.

ecommerce, drop ship stuff like homebrewing supplies from china

online transcription. all you need is a computer and one of those foot pedals and you get paid by the minute or word

writing erotica

customer service/telemarketer for something like a donation drive or amazon

marketing/website design/spammer

if you have specialized skills and experience you could be a CPA/book keeper from anywhere. programmer, really any it job, vba macro maker. trucking/taxi dispatcher.

could you learn to prepare taxes and then advertise online? does nz require some tax related training or can anyone just jump in?
dude all of thsesa rawe good ideas

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
consider teaching how to computer op

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
they have online gambling now

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

dogg, what happened to your job

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

lampey posted:

writing erotica

do this

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

he alrdy does.... simply compile your yosposts echi

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

lampey posted:

writing erotica

pounded in the rodtronics render by my own rodtronics render

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

lampey posted:

oh hell yeah dud this one has a power wheel https://www.bulq.com/detail/ptaa35332/toys-games-nursery-strollers-car-seats-davinci-fisher-price-graco/

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cat Face Joe posted:

dogg, what happened to your job

I was part time 3 days a week and boss was 2 days a week making one full time position, and when business was sold, new owner boss man wanted to work 5 days so he took over my hours :/ not technically redundant coz it's more, he just didn't rehire me under new ownership

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

poo poo sux, man. i always thought you worked at a big chain

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY

echinopsis posted:

yeah.. unfortch, wife owns a small local business, and kids, grandparents, house.. moving just really isn't in the picture

is yr bank balance critical or can you take your time about this

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
nah thankfully currently we aren't in a bad place financially and my wife earns good coin

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
but there is a downward trend on the savings :/ slow but sure

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Get a job you bum

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
emply me ya fuckin tightwad

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
he'll have you scrape horse dung off his barn floor with a shovel

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

yes... yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

echinopsis posted:

emply me ya fuckin tightwad