Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

cash crab posted:

I think it's hollandaise.

I like that these are resting on a ledge so I can tip them off the side with plausible deniability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Man, I could really go for some DZEM today...

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

gentle pete posted:

"Gelatinized Banana Bread Beer Stew with Veal Neck Bones"

Zombear posted:

Served in an exhaust-darkened traffic cone for authenticity.

Come to the worst soup in America in the next 45 minutes if you want an rear end-kicking.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

All of that corn is safely contained and clearly labeled, just as God intended.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

This is one of those mental images that'll be in my head forever, so thanks for that.

As I lay dying due to an unfortunate injury sustained while gathering morels, I'll say my prayers, send mental goodbyes to my friends and family, and with the time left before the light fades from my eyes, I'll reflect on the time someone went to a restaurant, got drunk on cheap wine, ate canned green beans in a taco shell, then ate raw fish after being served canned green beans in a taco shell

Darn, so close

the problem with a No Pizza Rules square is that anything can be a pizza, and therefore subject to no rules

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Bert Roberge posted:

A new Johnny Rockets creation:

"Street Tots" sounds like a euphemism for homeless children.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I heart bacon posted:

HEY! You there! According to your avatar, you only speak limited French. What's all this about? :buddy:

it also says she hasn't cried today :ohdear:

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

This is the first thing in this thread in a while that's gotten me to frown. The texture has got to be terrible.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I can't believe this cuts off, I think I'm gonna die

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Brawnfire posted:

Hey anyone in this thread know how to make mashed potatoes

any excuse to repost this: https://galpalactic.tumblr.com/post/134577149346/me-googles-how-to-mash-potatoes-some-food

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

RareAcumen posted:

I'd certainly follow someone who made a habit of posting this kinda stuff. It's bewildering!

have I got news for you: http://wewantplates.com/

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

cash crab posted:

I'm still unclear on what this actually is.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

crossposting this from the schadenfreude thread

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Randaconda posted:

No pizza rules now, no pizza rules forever.
/
:randstare:

glorious

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Randaconda posted:

:randstare: I'm the Borda Mini Churros

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

this horse is real dead by now but let me tell you about selling a beverage called "black water" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackwater_(waste)

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

why are you using a metal spoon in your coated pan you dunce. has the ghoulish broken you?

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

it's loss

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Tashilicious posted:

No I need to know about the dog murder.

it was something along the lines of telling a dude to keto his dog

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I wouldn't want to eat this much sugar in a month but I really appreciate how 1) no weird ingredients, just weird shapes and 2) it all stays on the loving plate where I can eat it

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

ZombieCrew posted:

I was in a moderately fancy New York restaurant years ago and they had cheeto broccoli. I order it like the pleb I am and it was just broccoli topped with cheetos. I felt dumb for even considering it after I saw the plate. "Oh...ok...well I thought you were gonna like...try..."

that is loving incredible, you got owned so loving bad

I'm imagining the waiter all, "what did sir think it was going to be"

EDIT: "then why did sir order the cheeto broccoli"

LordSaturn has a new favorite as of 08:28 on Aug 5, 2019

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

angerbeet posted:

Life is complicated

who the gently caress declawed my artichoke

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Tiggum posted:

Well, there's your problem. You can't make pastry out of just butter. That's just coating some food in butter and it'll melt as soon as you try to cook it. :downs:

so eat it cold then

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Plinkey posted:

but why does it have more carbs than protein?

that's a common misconception, it actually has more crabs than protein

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

does anybody have the mug-o-fat from the keto thread?

EDIT: thanks, uber stoat

LordSaturn has a new favorite as of 07:44 on Nov 4, 2019

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

what is nestle ninho and how can it be stopped

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

what do you :mayo: folks do with the egg whites? that's the main thing stopping me from trying, as my kebab garlic sauce is almost out

I might do something outlandish like try to use bacon fat, but probably it will just be olive oil because it's what I have and it'll work mechanically

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Sir Lemming posted:

Spend more time in the beer thread, this is child's play my friend.

link me to the beer thread please

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

idk, these just look like incrementally more complicated rice krispies treats. not really worth the trouble to make, but if you handed me one, I'd chew it up complacently

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

LifeSunDeath posted:

Early college was a comedy of poverty food for me, but I still contend that this is great and should be tried:

You make ramen, drain the water, add shredded cheese, add the flavor packet.

if you have a local asian grocery you can find Mi Goreng style ramen, especially of the Indo Mie brand, which is designed to be prepared/served this way, minus the cheese

you can also just cut the water quantity in half and get "noodles, flavor, no broth" that way. I'd usually crunch up the brick into smaller pieces before doing that, and maybe add some frozen peas

or you can just straight up eat the noodle brick like a candy bar. maruchan/nissin top ramen works okay this way, sapporo ichiban is way tastier

thing is, those loving packets are like 500 calories each, I recently noticed, so now I think of the broth as a way to reduce calorie density while still feeling full (and mainly eat shin black)

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

those seem around the same as a sandwich cake, which has always been fine. a little weird, but fine

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

mayo cannot fail, it can only be failed

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

nevermind the calories, how many dollars of prepared food is that?

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

new from the makers of "why is it so wet" and "unidentified brown substance" it's "why the gently caress is it doing THAT"

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

this has to be north of 1000 calories, maybe 1500 even

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

LifeSunDeath posted:

wait, what goes on the top for you? the only thing different from mine is using bechamel instead of cheese and not drenching the top with sauce, I'm guessing they wanted it kinda dry to show the layers more.

if you take a normal lasagna and stack an identical one on top before baking, you now have twice as much lasagna with the same amount of top. it's that, but a bunch more times

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

the whole concept of crunchy crystallized cheese can gently caress completely off. cheese should be soft

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

SlothfulCobra posted:

I've never heard of trying to char a green vegetable, and I don't think I like the idea of it.

roasted broc is the superior way to eat it. little bit of olive oil, 350 for 30. the little florets get crispy

then try roasting chopped-up brussels sprouts the same way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

HookedOnChthonics posted:

350 for 30 minutes??? :psyduck:

it's easy to remember