Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

bunnyofdoom posted:

So Sandra Lee style?

Aunt Sandy would have pounded a handle of Grey Goose into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

AlbieQuirky posted:

Doll cake was very popular in the US in the 1970s.

You still see them here from time to time. Here's one that my friend had made for his daughter.

When they asked what her favorite princess was she said "Spider-Man." :3:

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Polyseme posted:

It's food and it's terrible, but direct all ire at the first can not the rest.

Content edit:

Art direction for Shadowrun is on point.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Ziggy Smalls posted:

The 'pizzas' that look super dry probably have gluten free crusts.

This. There's a pizza place in town that makes a big stink about imported flour and farm to table veggies and poo poo. They make good pizza but even they haven't figured out a decent gluten free crust.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
I got a buddy who's allergic to fish that's been heat cooked. Something about the protein chains becoming rigid. He can down a sushi platter no problem but he takes a bite of baked salmon and he breaks out. I thought raw food weirdos were misinterpreting stuff like that. Kind of like how I've met one celiac case ever but I know a million dummies with "intolerances".

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

blunt for century posted:

Feel free to share weird rear end cocktail recipes y'all try when having to deal with family, everyone! :getin:

Mom's a teetotaller so right now I'm on the half bottle of rum she didn't use on puddings + some sparkling fruit juices that got leftover.

It ain't terrible.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

e e: Does the USDA consider pimientos a vegetable, much the way tomato sauce on school cafeteria pizza is a vegetable?

My mom used to be a WIC coordinator. That's not even close to the most :psyduck: thing Americans think about food and nutrition.

Watching her debate with parents that the peanuts in Snickers did not make it count as a protein serving was just soul crushing.

I know you were talking about the USDA but the fact that we actively try to not teach people about food here is annoying as hell.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
I'm a Cultural Pizza Geographer ama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
Speaking of Philippino desserts Halo Halo is the poo poo. It's also a dessert that frequently features loose corn.