Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

:colbert: squid ink pasta owns (though I'm not sure what the rest of the slop in that bowl is...)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Mizuti posted:

Not the usual fare, but this is supposed to make you want to buy the product.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mypwKYweF1g

msg :woop:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Schubalts posted:

So what small animal is this a rotting pile of?

Looks like fried locusts

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Iron Crowned posted:

That's just Patton Oswalt in a dress

too soon

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I think the lesson here is that sandwichdom requires leavened bread. Because I don't care what any activist judge says, my loving schwarma in a pita is a goddamn sandwich.

:suicide:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

whiteyfats posted:

Interesting point, but have you considered the fact that mayonnaise is loving disgusting food for fats and kids?

I'm like 6 pages behind but I absolutely need to point out the :ironicat: of this post/username combo

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Plinkey posted:

Eh, cheese on sandwiches is overrated. Unless it's melted. Also I assume it only has two slices of ham because that's probably the most expensive meat in there.

e: and there are two slices of cheese

Today one thing in my lunch was two thick slices of really nice Leicester cheese on nice rye bread. Melting that cheese would have been sacrilege.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I... is.. is that shrimp on brussels sprouts? Or is it off-brand cheetos with poor colour balance?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

You Are A Elf posted:

Looks like one of those pre-made garlic breads you can buy at Walmart, too.

Uncooked :prepop:

That's PC salad mix and PC salad dressing. This meal is to the shame of a Canadian who shops at a Loblaw-owned retailler.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Titus Sardonicus posted:

If it's red, it could be colon cancer and if you don't have that checked out you could be dead.

It's beets.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

At first I was going to be all like "Holy poo poo, would - what is wrong with you?" and then I expanded the image.

Cream cheese sushi :barf:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Xen Tricks posted:

?????

Philly rolls are delicious, what's weird at all about salmon and cream cheese? Do you hate lox and bagels as well?

I love lox and bagels, but cream cheese + nori + rice is terrible white people food. When I go for sushi I want fish eggs and clam and raw fish and nice vegetables, not a mouthful of super-discount partially-hydrogenated Philadelphia spooge butter. Might as well put a ranch dressing fountain in the middle of that motherfucker.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Here you go:

https://gfycat.com/GroundedGracefulGrouper

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Dem beans

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Free-range eggs can sometimes end up tasting weird and fishy if the chicken has been eating crap, whereas in their blandness, conventional eggs are more consistent. It's possible that this person had some bad free-range eggs which prejudiced her.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

TotalLossBrain posted:

Well that makes sense. I wonder what garbage you'd have to feed the chickens for that to happen.
Mine get greenhouse leftovers, dried mealworms, packaged chicken food (very little, only to round out the rest of the food), and scraps like apples, etc. Plus whatever they get roaming the yard.

I'm not sure, but I've ended up with fishy eggs and they're not nice. Google tells me this:

quote:

Interestingly, in some hens that lay brown eggs, eating too much canola or rapeseed meal can cause a fishy smell in the eggs . Not all hens are affected by the process that causes the smell. The smell is caused by the accumulation of trimethylamine (TMA) in the yolk.

Now Canola is a mustard green, so it's concievable that a free-range chicken could eat the seeds off of a mustard-family plant and produce fishy eggs now and again.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I pity people who get freaked out by runny egg yolk, because egg yolk is nothing but an emulsion of chemicals that make human taste buds go into freakout orgasm mode.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I once had an ornery vegan obstinately claim to me that Koreans don't put fish sauce in kimchi.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Chin Strap posted:

The stupidest example for me has always been vegans not eating honey.

Vegans who don't eat honey will say that it's pretty much the same as dairy products, in that you're not killing the animal, but you're disrupting it's life for your gain.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Chin Strap posted:

I hope none of them depend on commercial pollination then. Sorry duders but that almond milk was built on the backs on bees.

Apparently commercial honey bees are relatively lovely at pollination, and the native insects actually do a better job. Anyway, don't argue with me, I'm just reporting the types of arguments they make. Most of the vegans who go so far as to avoid honey for ethical reasons won't be buying something like almond milk from a regular grocery store anyway.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

NewFatMike posted:

Finally, a place that caters to my needs and serves sausage by the hose!

This but unironically

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

This reminds me what happened when I had a BBQ for a community group I volunteer for. I grilled up some skewers of onion and one of roast garlic for people to put on burgers or potatoes or whatever, and a totally :3: Chinese mom came up and took the skewer of roast garlic with the biggest smile on her face and she just ate the whole thing straight up.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Baudolino posted:

Kebab meat is more likely be "general meat",rats and crushed insects, like with most street food.
There is also never less then 30% chanche that a frustrated underpaid worker mixed his cum into the sauce.

Strong evidence exists that this is a gimmick poster who produces nothing but wild stories and fabrications.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Donair sweet sauce made from sweetened condensed milk is definitely a thing and it's good.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

PiratePing posted:

Condensed milk plus sugar sounds disgustingly cloying but drunk me tells me she would, with gusto and whipped cream on top

Tart yogurt sauce is supreme though

I'm not sure what the actual recipe is, but in practice it's a lot like the sweetness added from something like Teriyaki sauce or apple sauce - it goes really well with extra-malliard roast meats as just a bit of a splattery topping.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Xen Tricks posted:

I just can't see it. Teriyaki is sweet cause of pineapple juice, something that's just regular sweet. SCM is halfway to caramel as it is, and I don't even know how you could physically incorporate more sugar. Seems revolting

cyberia posted:

• 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/4 cup white vinegar
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

Whisk together and refrigerate before serving.

There you go. Sounds about right. Sweet + acid + aromatic is a pretty common meat topping. If you add dairy, it's basically a cheeseburger.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

That's a little strange but not the worst-looking bun I've ever seen.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

CannonFodder posted:

I hope those are caramelized onions. Please please please be caramelized onions.

Red onions in balsamic vinegar

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

And here I thought Jenkum was an urban legend.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

zedprime posted:

The first ingredient being pears from concentrate is a bigger win than any juice inclusion but its probably in an amount that doesn't really move the fiber content from candy level to even approaching fruit level. If you're going maximum health nut you should probably never eat anything sweeter than fruit but there's plenty of gummy snacks that are just sugar and binder.

Consider that HFCS could also be alled "Corn Juice Concentrate."

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Dienes posted:

More like, consider that it is all fructose and glucose, and your body processes it exactly the same whether it is corn syrup, pear juice, or cane sugar. The only people that give a poo poo about HFCS are the ones that don't understand chemistry.

:yeah:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Just seems like a pecan pie without the pecans.

Or a very large butter tart.

Sugar pie owns. I've made it with white sugar, extra dark brown sugar, and everything in between. It's delicious with every possibility.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

:stonklol:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

deadly_pudding posted:

It's because most people have a cargo-cult understanding of medicine and diet, so they heard "SALT MAKE HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE" and ran with it.

I'm actually intensely curious about where Fleta Mcgurn got their vital electrolytes from :ohdear:

Have you ever tried to do a low-sodium diet? The number of foods that have basically no salt in them is extremely low. For example, a medium-sized carrot has about 60 mg of salt. Most store-bought bread has a decent amount.

Really, to hit 1mg:2cal is extremely easy, even without any kind of added salt or processed food, and that's more than enough for the vital electrolytes.

If you don't believe me, try to stay under 200 mg of salt/day for a week.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I just had someone send this recipe to me:

quote:

1 cup of wheat

1 – 14 oz. can of crushed pineapple with juice

1 – 4 oz. pkg. of vanilla instant pudding

1 – 8 oz. pkg of cream cheese

1 large container of Cool Whip

:staredog:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Xen Tricks posted:

And... then what? Don't leave us hanging, I want to know how that's made edible

Soak the wheat overnight. Strain the wheat. Mix everything together. Chill for 6 hours. Throw it on the floor and eat it up like a loving animal.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

gently caress fake meat and "it tastes exactly like!" logic. My younger brother has been vegan for close to 20 years now and he used to pull that crap - "have the soy cheese! It tastes exactly like real cheese" - you don't know what real cheese tastes like, idiot.

I'll eat the gently caress out of a vegetarian meal, quite happly, except if it contains any of that over-processed "imitation meat."

And of course The Vegan Ginger is 19. Of course she is.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Grand Fromage posted:

This has always been such bizarre reasoning beyond the fact that it's wrong. Even if it were true... so what? I mean you're living in the United States and have enough money to eat a fancy rear end vegan diet. You're not balancing on the edge of starvation where every nutrient matters. Eat a spinach salad occasionally, problem solved.

There is zero reason for anyone with enough money to afford real food in a first world country and isn't some chicken nugget only eating sperglord to be worrying about malnutrition.

It goes beyond that - people often cite these reasons in the same breath as explaining that they're doing it for weight loss - you know, that process that basically requires that your body access fewer nutrients.

:downs: "But it makes the food more healthy"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I had a friend who could eat cooked apples but not raw ones. Or maybe the other way around, I don't remember. Anyway that's my story

I dated a girl who could eat apples but only if they had been peeled. This wasn't a BS preference thing either - the peels would make her sick.