Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Big Brother Canada 3: The higher production-value version of the US version!

The guests:

The episodes:

http://bigbrothercanada.globaltv.com/watch/

The feeds:

http://bigbrothercanada.globaltv.com/live/

I'll work on the op later if this thread proves popular this season, but it's better than using last BBUS seasons thread!

Professor Shark fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Mar 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

I know it's the spoiler thread, but maybe don't grey out eliminated houseguests in the first post? I imagine there will be people popping in here just to try and find out how they can watch the show.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
It's BBcan 4, as though it matters.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
im not following spoilers or anything but lol at tonights episode, and Tim getting Dallas to fart in a jar

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
This show is gloriously crazy and I bet the producers are sad they didn't save Tim at least for the US show.

The live feeds are good, I swear.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Yeah Tim is gold, just getting caught up on the show now

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I hope they show the huge fight that happened during the comp!

Edit: So, they showed him throwing the bat, but not the fight that ensued? That's really annoying.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Mar 21, 2016

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Guys. GUYS.

Tim is leading a game of four square in the backyard using their comedically large yoga ball and it's just about the most :3: thing I've ever seen.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Haha wow, out of everyone in the house, Kelsey and Loveita end up stuck in a room together for a week. That's hilarious.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Mar 25, 2016

rafington
Aug 21, 2008

thexerox123 posted:

Haha wow, out of everyone in the house, Kelsey and Loveita end up stuck in a room together for a week. That's hilarious.

Their conversation was hysterically awkward. Kelsey seemed so unexcited to be there, I feel like there's no way she gets voted in.

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

Monsieur Murdoch Fan Club
I dislike Kelsey so much. I feel like he is the type of woman who thinks she is so hot, the world should bow down to her.
I wanted Jared to go when Maddie put him up, but now I am thankful he wasn't voted off. Enjoy your week in hell Kelsey.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

rafington posted:

Their conversation was hysterically awkward. Kelsey seemed so unexcited to be there, I feel like there's no way she gets voted in.

Did they say it was going to be Canada voting the person back in?? Oh, I hope so. Kelsey just seemed annoyed by the whole thing, even when Arisa first mentioned that she wasn't out of the game yet.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

DrNewton posted:

I dislike Kelsey so much. I feel like he is the type of woman who thinks she is so hot, the world should bow down to her.
I wanted Jared to go when Maddie put him up, but now I am thankful he wasn't voted off. Enjoy your week in hell Kelsey.

Her reaction to the idea of spending another week in the game, and with Loveita was hilarious. Clearly just over the whole thing.

Anyway, gently caress twists. Instant evictions suck, but having evicted houseguests return is the worst. Maddy at least made some sort of move this week (though it's not a move that makes any sort of sense to me), and now she's potentially going to get massively punished for it through no fault of her own.

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

Shakugan posted:

Her reaction to the idea of spending another week in the game, and with Loveita was hilarious. Clearly just over the whole thing.

Anyway, gently caress twists. Instant evictions suck, but having evicted houseguests return is the worst. Maddy at least made some sort of move this week (though it's not a move that makes any sort of sense to me), and now she's potentially going to get massively punished for it through no fault of her own.

Actually it's a smart move. Have what's his name who is the brother get Jared off; vote of Loveita who Jared hates; after go to Jared afterwards and say "hey, I saved you and found revenge for Kelsey. What can you do for me?"

rafington
Aug 21, 2008

thexerox123 posted:

Did they say it was going to be Canada voting the person back in?? Oh, I hope so. Kelsey just seemed annoyed by the whole thing, even when Arisa first mentioned that she wasn't out of the game yet.

I think I read it online somewhere but I might be imagining it. I really hope it's Loveita who goes back in.

DrNewton posted:

Actually it's a smart move. Have what's his name who is the brother get Jared off; vote of Loveita who Jared hates; after go to Jared afterwards and say "hey, I saved you and found revenge for Kelsey. What can you do for me?"

The problem is that Jared's sworn enemy is Dallas, Maddy's closest ally, and he's going to put Dallas up no matter what. I guess it keeps a target in the game to keep the pressure off Maddy, but Loveita would have been a target too.

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

rafington posted:

I think I read it online somewhere but I might be imagining it. I really hope it's Loveita who goes back in.

The problem is that Jared's sworn enemy is Dallas, Maddy's closest ally, and he's going to put Dallas up no matter what. I guess it keeps a target in the game to keep the pressure off Maddy, but Loveita would have been a target too.

She pretty ended her alliance with Dallas by saving Jared and voting out Loveita. If Dallas wins HOH, I can see him go F-you, and put Maddy up.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I cannot believe how badly Kelsey does with Live TV, if the crazy eyes weren't an obvious enough signal that she wasn't quite normal the childish stealing of Maddy's stuffie and the way she reacted and treated Loveita was very indicative of her unedited personality

Even though I wanted her gone, Loveita was classy and held herself well

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Hoping Loveita gets back in.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

mallratcal posted:

Hoping Loveita gets back in.

Me too. It's sad, but then, the alternative is Kelsey.

Apparently Tim won HoH and immediately tried to turn it into a week of BBAus, to the point of demanding the other HGs used 5 "nomination points" to nominate people. Dallas lost his poo poo and demanded everybody else use theirs on him.

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006
Tim is the best.

Is there any way to watch this in the states (live feed or taped shows)?

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Shakugan posted:

This is the first instant eviction I've ever liked mostly because not only does it punish both evictes in a funny way but it means Maddy blow up her poo poo for no reason.

MisterZimbu posted:

Tim is the best.

Hamsterwatch has links to allow you to bypass the geolock.

rafington
Aug 21, 2008

MisterZimbu posted:

Tim is the best.

BBViewer lets you watch live feeds and the actual show, both live and recorded.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I've been mostly watching Loveita and Kelsey's secret room if I turn on the feeds during this week and I kind of want to see them both enter the house as one player? Loveita will go up and out right away. Kelsey probably won't change her gameplay. Together they're more influential, and it's bizarre to see nemeses suddenly be allies.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

What's that? Sequestering two people on opposite sides of an alliance so they can spill all their secrets is loving up the game of the person who till this point was playing the best game by far?

Twists have always been bullshit in Big Brother, but BBCAN in particular is so bad. The exact same thing happened last year. If you absolutely must have a returning houseguest (which in general I'm against; people who get voted out don't deserve to go back in), they shouldn't be able to talk. Mitch has been playing a really good game, and now he's getting hosed up by pure chance.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Shakugan posted:

What's that? Sequestering two people on opposite sides of an alliance so they can spill all their secrets is loving up the game of the person who till this point was playing the best game by far?

Twists have always been bullshit in Big Brother, but BBCAN in particular is so bad. The exact same thing happened last year. If you absolutely must have a returning houseguest (which in general I'm against; people who get voted out don't deserve to go back in), they shouldn't be able to talk. Mitch has been playing a really good game, and now he's getting hosed up by pure chance.

If the same thing happened last year, then it isn't by pure chance, and Mitch should have known that something like this was a distinct possibility when he decided to play both sides. Anyways, he seems to be handling it decently, I'm not convinced that his game is torpedoed. It's an unpleasant wrinkle for him, definitely, but I think he's a good enough player to have a decent chance of overcoming it.

Edit: UGH of all people to win HoH, though. :(

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Apr 4, 2016

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

The issue is that the only response to "strategy may be exposed by a returning player" is to be a perpetual floater who never strategizes, which is just super boring TV. Strategy should always be encouraged by production, not actively punished.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Shakugan posted:

The issue is that the only response to "strategy may be exposed by a returning player" is to be a perpetual floater who never strategizes, which is just super boring TV. Strategy should always be encouraged by production, not actively punished.

There's also the strategy that he seemed to go with, which is to have explanations and strategies ready to go for if you do get found out. It just ends up being a test of your social game. Or, he could have set up the idea ahead of time with Kelsey/Jared/Raul that he had been playing Loveita.

Frankly, Kelsey/Raul/Jared seemed to have taken more of a hit from this situation than Mitch did. (Unless Raul does put him up, which is still entirely possible.) Kelsey really botched the social game aspect of how to handle that information.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Apr 4, 2016

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Were Kelsey's eyes always Crazy?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
^^^ yes.

So, Jared won the POV, and yet again a dumb, overpowered twist is going to be taking out one of the best players of the season.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

This has been by far the most entertaining episode of the season. I really hope Mitch pulls this off and sticks around.

This is a brilliant way to torpedo Kelsey/Jared/Raul's game.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Another awesome player felled by the :xd: Except the UNEXPECTED :xd:/ badly designed gimmick Gods

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Professor Shark posted:

Another awesome player felled by the :xd: Except the UNEXPECTED :xd:/ badly designed gimmick Gods

Then the worst person won hoh

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

sbaldrick posted:

Then the worst person won hoh

Ehh, I was actually hoping for her or Ramsey to win, just to make sure someone from that obnoxious threesome ended up nominated. I'm pretty happy with the results.

The worst person to win would have been Jared or Kelsey.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

thexerox123 posted:

Ehh, I was actually hoping for her or Ramsey to win, just to make sure someone from that obnoxious threesome ended up nominated. I'm pretty happy with the results.

The worst person to win would have been Jared or Kelsey.

Noms haven't happened yet, have they? It sounded like Maddy was wholly uncommitted to gunning for the three.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Propaganda Machine posted:

Noms haven't happened yet, have they? It sounded like Maddy was wholly uncommitted to gunning for the three.

They have, Jared & Kelsey are on the block.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

It's hilarious that everyone sees Tim as a "mentor" figure, and don't seem to grasp the long term strategic implications of that.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Tim's insincere enthusiasm for everything is the best :allears:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

:haw: Oh WOW, anotha peatza pawty! :haw:

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Shakugan posted:

It's hilarious that everyone sees Tim as a "mentor" figure, and don't seem to grasp the long term strategic implications of that.

They just let Tim do everything for them, it's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I want Tim to win the whole drat thing at this point. He's got more strategic sense in his left gonad that the rest of the house has, combined.

Especially since he would take Cassandra, and she would lose horribly.

• Locked thread