Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

:siren: BUY THIS GAME. :siren: It's only $15! Steam | GOG | Humble Store

Buy the soundtrack as well!

Stardew Valley is a farming sim released on the PC in 2016, developed solely by ConcernedApe. In a manner similar to the Harvest Moon games that were the inspiration for this game, you grow and harvest crops to make money to grow and harvest more crops. Of course, there's a lot more to it, including such Harvest Moon staples as fishing, foraging, mining, and socializing. Then the game takes it a step further with skills you can level up, numerous things to craft, and lots of weird and interesting secrets hidden about. There are ten people to marry, and unlike Harvest Moon there's even gay marriage available. This game is the best parts of the entire Harvest Moon series put together with even more content piled on, and to top it off everything from art to music to writing was done solely by one person.

This is a screenshot Let's Play with one explicit purpose: To convince as many people as possible to play this game. This game has already become a hit, dominating the Steam and GOG charts, and is already attracting a dedicated modding community. ConcernedApe has been very busy fixing bugs, adding features, and planning out new content to add, with multiplayer support on the horizon eventually. This game has momentum, but I'd love to see even more people jump in and play it for themselves. I'm hoping this Let's Play will encourage people to try the game for themselves!

Usual LP stuff:

* I want this to be collaborative. I may do a bunch of things to show off as much content as possible, but I'll leave most major decisions (how we make our money, who we marry if anyone, etc.) to you guys.

* :siren: NO SPOILERS :siren: No tags, nothing. Not that there's much to spoil, but don't spoil stuff. This mainly applies to certain events and major game mechanics.

* Mainly screenshots with a few GIFs here and there, and probably a video for the intro. Honestly these screenshots won't do the game justice since they're more cramped than most people would usually experience, but they should be clear enough to be functional.

* I'll be using this Youtube playlist (spoilerish) for music links. If you like the music, buy the OST!

* Updates will be erratic. I'll try to update at least a couple times a week, but honestly there may be a couple weeks between updates sometimes. I'll try to keep things up, though.

* Due to the nature of this game, there have been constant patches and updates since the game's release. I'll keep track of what version I'm LPing as it updates. To start, this game is on 1.05.

* I likely won't be using mods. I may edit/cheat a bit to show some things off, but otherwise nothing that would affect the save the actual LP is on.

* If you're a lurker or whatever, I post when I update on Twitter. I rarely post other stuff so I shouldn't clog up your feeds too much.

Finally, a reminder to buy this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Table of Contents

Prologue
Introduction

Year 1

Spring 1 (1.05)
Spring 2
Spring 3 - 4
Spring 5
Spring 6
Spring 7 - 9
Spring 10 - 12
Spring 13 - 14 (1.06)
Spring 15 - 17
Spring 18 - 20
Spring 21 - 22
Spring 23 - 24
Spring 25 - 26 (1.07 beta)
Spring 27 - 28

Summer 1 - 2
Summer 3 - 5
Summer 6 - 7 (1.07)
Summer 8 - 9
Summer 10 - 12
Summer 13 - 14
Summer 15 - 17
Summer 18 - 20
Summer 21 - 23
Summer 24 - 26
Summer 27 - 28

Fall 1 - 2
Fall 3 - 5
Fall 6 - 8
Fall 9 - 11
Fall 12 - 14
Fall 15
Fall 16
Fall 17 - 19
Fall 20 - 22
Fall 23 - 25
Fall 26 - 28

Winter 1 - 3
Winter 4 - 7
Winter 8 - 10
Winter 11 - 13
Winter 14 - 17
Winter 18 - 21
Winter 22 - 24
Winter 25 - 27
Winter 28

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jun 19, 2016

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Fan Art

TurnipFritter delves into one of Fiona's favorite hobbies.

TurnipFritter posted:

I saw y'all were trying to have a private conversation.

Giant Boy Detective goes into how Fiona's favorite hobby changes with a new addition.

Giant Boy Detective posted:

Fiona is a slowpoke no longer. Time to cruise past all these RP walking plebes. It'll be much easier to catch them before they escape into their locked houses past 8pm.

Assuming she wasn't already waiting for them in the bushes.

It may be harder to stalkobserve and advise villagers with the horse in tow.

(Apologies to TurnipFritter.)

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 09:54 on May 16, 2016

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Prologue

Chucklefish (the company best known for developing Starbound) didn't have a hand in actually developing the game. They published it and all, but...

...everything, from coding to art to music to dialogue to everything was done by ConcernedApe. Four years in the making, and worth every minute of it.

Stardew Valley Overture

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Stardew Valley.

Just so you know.

So let's start with a new game!

Cloud Country

But, uh, a slight problem. Before we can start, we have to make a character. And by we, I mean you.

Gender does not affect gameplay. There are five bachelors and five bachelorettes, but we can woo them all as either gender, even gay marry them!

There's a randomize appearance button as well if you're feeling lucky.

Unfortunately, I can't really show you every combination. But I'll try to match suggestions as best I can.

Let's go over what we can choose.

* 24 skin colors. You can pick some weird ones like green.
* 32 hair styles. Half are women, half are men, though either gender can pick from all 32.
* 112 shirts. Yeah, have fun with that one.
* 20 accessories. Glasses, earrings, duck bills, the usual.
* The color of our eyes, hair, and pants.
* Whether our pet is a cat or a dog.
* Our name, the name of our farm, and our favorite thing (12 characters max each). Favorite Thing doesn't come up often.

So yeah, we've got a lot to mull over. Best way to do this is just create a personality and try to match it to what we have best we can. Here is the background the game gives us:

Your grandfather dies and leaves you a letter, telling you to open it when you're sick of modern life. While working a low-level corporate job, you become sick of modern life. You open the letter. Congratulations, you have a farm.

Other than that, our character's background is wide open! So here's what I want.

* Name/Farm/Favorite. No characters from existing media. I want original stuff.
* Cat or Dog? Also go ahead and name it, it won't come up for awhile but that's one less thing to do later on.
* Gender.
* General appearance. As I said, I'll try to match the description with the character creator best I can.
* The character's backstory. Go as brief or as extensive as you want.

The character chosen will be ultimately my choice, though I'll definitely lean toward characters popular with the posters.

And as an added incentive, if I choose your character I will buy you a copy of Stardew Valley for Steam or GOG. I can't afford to do this too much, but I want to kick things off on a good note!

I'll choose a character on Sunday morning, and then from there will get the intro update out of the way and then actually dive into the game itself.

Hope you enjoy the LP!

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

If this game brought you out of retirement, sure. Why not?

I'm horribly uncreative at the moment, I liked your Crono demo in the sandbox.

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011
I don't have any character ideas but I can vote on the most important option; Cat.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Are there plans for a Mac port? :(

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
This is an sudden and unexpected lets play. :catstare:

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
Name: Fiona
Farm: Silverburn Farm
Fave: Bubble Baths

Pet: A cat called Snowshoes

Appearance: Red hair in a pixie cut, blue eyes, green shirt with brown overalls

Backstory: Fiona grew up with her Irish immigrant parents in New York, occasionally visiting her grandad back in the old country, in Stardew Valley, County Cork. She used to love the great outdoors as a little kid, but as she got older and the internet became a bigger thing, slowly her love of the outdoors trickled away in favour of an urban lifestyle typical of a yuppie new yorker. She spent her days drinking coffee and pretending to work in an office while using her phone under the desk, out of sight of the managerial staff. But eventually the emptiness of it all caught up with her, and she sought to rediscover the love of nature she had as a child. So she quit her job, packed her bags, and jumped on a plane back to Ireland to take up her grandad's old farm and have a life that feels worth living once again.

acidia
Oct 31, 2012
This is honestly the only game that I have ever bought on release day. Best purchase I've made in years.
I like seeing my lazy CAT having accomplished nothing after I spend the day racing around building my industrial scale farm.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Reveilled posted:

Backstory: Fiona grew up with her Irish immigrant parents in New York, occasionally visiting her grandad back in the old country, in Stardew Valley, County Cork. She used to love the great outdoors as a little kid, but as she got older and the internet became a bigger thing, slowly her love of the outdoors trickled away in favour of an urban lifestyle typical of a yuppie new yorker. She spent her days drinking coffee and pretending to work in an office while using her phone under the desk, out of sight of the managerial staff. But eventually the emptiness of it all caught up with her, and she sought to rediscover the love of nature she had as a child. So she quit her job, packed her bags, and jumped on a plane back to Ireland to take up her grandad's old farm and have a life that feels worth living once again.

Sure, voting for this. Weird to see a game like this offer gay options, even marriage, so I'd like to see that.

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay
This game is good. You who is reading this post. Why are you reading an LP of this game instead of playing it? Play this game.

I don't care about hair or gender but I must insist that you wear the tuxedo t-shirt.

insanityv2 fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Mar 11, 2016

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

Ice_Mallet posted:

I don't have any character ideas but I can vote on the most important option; Cat.

insanityv2 posted:

I don't care about hair or gender but I must insist that you wear the tuxedo t-shirt.

All I care about, right here.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
This game is on the top of my list (Curse you funds :argh:) But in order for a Mega64 staple of awesome avatars, we need an awesome character.
To that end...

Name: Frejya
Farm: Sweet Homes Farm
Favorite Thing: Freedom

Pet: A Cat by the name of Mephisto (Mr. Mephistopheles but the latter is too long.)

Appearance: Burgandy Red hair in a ponytail, Deeper/Darker Teal eyes, slightly Ruddy skin, and a checkered shirt under blue overalls. Also some earrings. Earrings are nice.

Backstory
The Modern World.
Home to many wonders that we take for granted. Cell phones providing constant connection to the community, televisions and the internet for all of your information and entertainment needs, and transportation to get you where you need to go as quickly as possible. Where you can have everything you need within arms reach at any time, whether you want to or not. Where you can find many fine tasting foods from half the world over, even if they're not quite the same. Where you can own a single bed apartment, look over the towering spires of civilization and feel on top of the world, although you are rarely graced by light from the sun.

To a young woman born and raised in a rural community the Modern World was stifling.
Cell phones were distant and poor replacements for the warm smiles and contemplative frowns she had shared with her friends, family and neighbors. Filtering the frivolous noise from what interested her on the television was tiring and for all the wonders of the internet, you could not go to the park and chase your aunt's Labrador around the oak with it. Getting places fast was nice but the sights were all the same, when she could see them for the people. Really the biggest gripe was the lack of space. Working nine-to-five in a small cubicle with enough room to only think about stretching in, compounded with the three room flat she called her home was finally getting to her. Even when she went out with friends and coworkers it was always to cramped restaurants and bars that squandered their chance to feel roomy by packing so many people in them.

It was subtle.
'This isn't so bad.' she thought.
It was insidious.
'I really hope that wasn't my neighbors boyfriend staying the night.' she muttered under her breath as she unlocked her door.
It was finally getting to her.
'Why oh why can I not find a better place for that!' she grunted to herself, nursing a sore shin after kicking it against her low table for the umpteenth time.
Then it happened.
"Dear Ms. Hansen, We regret to inform you th-" was all that legibly remained of the letter that told her she was out of a job after she was done with it. After all this time, all that hardship, she'd have to start building it back up again. All because the wheels of the modern world turn ever onward. Drying her eyes on her sleeves she found her gaze drawn to Grandpa's old letter, the one that had arrived soon after her parents had called to tell her of his death. Plain and ordained only with her name and clear instructions written in big, blocky letters that her mother had always gotten on at him about.
"Frey, open this when you're sick of everything and really wish you had some of Granmama's pie."

Whenever her gaze had met the letter before she'd hesitated. There were times when she had felt sick of things and others where she missed her Grandma's pies, but certain thoughts had kept her from obliging her Grandpa's letter. All of the hard work her parents had done, not only to raise her but to give her a good education, set her up for a better life than one out in the country. Before she had been content with this pushing aside her uncertainties and subtle feelings because 'It's different here, I'll adapt. I'll make a better life here.'
Now? She wasn't so sure about 'a better life' here. Plus she was really hankering for Grandma's Turnip and Tater pie. So she opened the letter.
It was beyond her wildest dreams.
Could she do it? A quick mental tally of her affairs revealed that she'd be pretty poor if she did, but she could.
But what about her friends? Some she would miss to be certain and would have to write. But others were more coworkers, former coworkers at that.
Her family? Her eyes lay upon one of the last passages in the letter.
"If your dad gives you trouble for this, just tell him what I did when we knocked heads over you leaving: "Nothing wrong with farming life, and farmers are ALWAYS useful to boot!"

The sunny days and windswept hills of her childhood were calling. She answered.
She was coming home.

EponymousMrYar fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Mar 11, 2016

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

insanityv2 posted:

This game is good. You who is reading this post. Why are you reading an LP of this game instead of playing it? Play this game.

Would that I had the money.

Seconding the tuxedo though.

And cat, of course. Cats are the superior pet.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
I'm not going to create a character and I'm not going to vote, and here's why:

I (also!) feel pretty strongly that everyone needs to buy and play this game. It is awesome. So I'm going to match Mega64. If he chooses your character, he'll buy you a copy of the game; after he does, I'd like to ask the winner to pick someone else's character that they also liked, and I will buy that person a copy of the game on Steam or GOG.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
I'm gonna be following the hell out of this. Seriously, this game is So. drat. Good.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
My only real issue with the game so far is that time seems to go by REALLY fast.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Beep boop, I am not a robot.

My name is Dot Matricks.
I like Software.
I live on Computer Farm.
I resemble a Woman and I have White skin. It's to disguise my Robot Visor show through.
I am seem to be human with a Heart on Black T-Shirt wearing Dark Red Pants.
My Long White Hair shows that I am a human.
I mistakenly got a Cat thinking it was CAT-9 cable. But I name it Cable anyways.

Not a robot. How could you mistake me for a robot when I am so obviously human. How about that $INSERTFOODHERE for Nutrition?

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Name: Stacey
Farm: Kindness
Favorite Thing: Weed
Dog named Buddy
Appearance: :350:. As stoner as you can get. Probably dreds.

Backstory: Dude, my grandpa left me his farm in another state. Dude, pot was just legalized in that state. Dude. Duuuuuuuude.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

buy this game!

Andou
Jun 12, 2014
We used to be a phone operator for an insurance company, but no more!

We are Jake from StateFarm!
We love khakis and wear them all the time. Red shirt optional.
We love our Dog, his name is Fido.

Now we work at a real farm and insure against local hunger.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

This game's cool but right now still has the HM problem where you eventually just run out of things to do if you aren't a collectathon loon. My lady has a functional ancient fruit winery going, purchased all upgrades, sold off my animals because they're ancilliary (save the goats because I need the cheese for the wife), and got bored of just fussing with my cash then sleeping before I even got kid 1 out of the crib.

Of course the dev says he wants to add endgame content and Workshop support so Buy This Game

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

I am very much interested in what makes this so great. Definitely following.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I was interested in this game as soon as I saw it on Steam, more Harvest Moon-esque games are always welcome!

Name: Finnegan
Farm: Lucky Clover
Favorite Thing: Dice
Cat or Dog: Dog named Cuchulain
General appearance: Rusty/brown-red hair, looks ready for farming

Character backstory: Born to a lower-middle class family, Finnegan is a hard-working young man from Ireland, who's been doing menial jobs in his town since finishing school in an attempt to gather enough money to go to college. Problem is that he's very bad with money, and tends to gamble it away once he amasses enough cash. Tired of losing to his addiction, he decided to quit cold-turkey by moving as far away from temptation as he could, and start fresh away from the big city. Will he fulfill his dream of going to college, or will he find that life in the countryside is what he really needed?

e: wow, 2 Irish characters already? weird!

Zanzibar Ham fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Mar 11, 2016

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Reveilled posted:

Voting for this, but with the Farm's name as "Grandpa's Farm"

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I bought it and refunded after 20 Minutes. :smug:

Tobias Grant
May 16, 2009

Lucky for you, I'm a dog lover.
Isn't this game just literally Harvest Moon/Rune Factory?

EDIT: Not that I'm making GBS threads on this game, just wondering why I would play this instead of RF4.

Tobias Grant fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Mar 11, 2016

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
Will wait for anime and big tit mods.

But seriously, I enjoyed the casual feel and soul of Harvest Moon/Rune Factory over this game.

silversatyr
Jul 29, 2014

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay! I'll grab my stuff!

-->Eh.
Name: Seska
Farm name: Hearts-Ease
Fave: Night Sky
Pet: Cat by the name of Whisper.
Appearance: Brown hair pulled back in a ponytail, dull green eyes and tan skin. She wears bright colours to make up for her drab appearance, but has an almost dowdy fashion sense.

As a child she was pretty much ignored by her family. Well, not quite ignored exactly - she just sort of faded into the background. It didn't help that she was born with a very soft voice and was always a quiet child. Despite this, she was happy and grew up enjoying watching her two siblings (both much more striking in appearance) as the played. The only one of her family who seemed to notice her was her grandfather, who she adored. They'd spend any time together watching the others play and he'd tell her stories about his life on the farm. She'd spend a lot of time dreaming of being out under the sky, tending animals and picking fruits and veggies.

In school she was always just that girl in the background that people knew but didn't really interact with much. Some of the kids were a bit mean towards her but for the most part they forgot she was even there. That suited her fine, though, as she spent that time daydreaming about what she'd do when she left school. Her grades were a little above average and she aimed to learn more about agriculture and farming than most of the core subjects. During her 2nd year of high school her grandfather passed away, leaving a small letter in her possession. She was crushed by his death, but respected his last request and locked the letter away in a drawer for safe-keeping.

When she finished her schooling she tried out for many jobs but due to her quiet nature she never really got thee ones she wanted. Eventually she settled for working at Joja, reasoning that if she worked hard enough she might one day get enough money to buy a small house out in the country. Sadly, that dream was dashed when the room-mate she'd been staying with got her personal details and cleaned out the savings she'd had in her bank account. Feeling world-weary and betrayed, she needed comfort, so took the letter out of the drawer she kept it in and took it to work with her that day. She sat at her desk, clutching the letter from her grandfather in her hands. She slipped it into the drawer of her desk and tried to focus on her work but her mind kept slipping back to the letter...

silversatyr fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Mar 11, 2016

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Lord Ephraim posted:

Will wait for anime and big tit mods.

Come by the awesome/awful game mods thread, we've already got you covered.

evilspacehopper
Oct 10, 2012

Hinawa remembered in death as she was in life: endlessly eating birds.
Name: Gus
Farm: Ol' Gramps
Favorite thing: Steak
Pet: Cat
Appearance: Scruffy looking with zero fashion sense and always dressed wrong for farm work.

insanityv2 posted:

I must insist that you wear the tuxedo t-shirt.
Oh that's perfect.

Gus never was the most popular person or a hard worker really, he was stuck in a dead end job and hardly any friends. He'd spend his nights browsing the internet, watching TV and playing game. When he got a letter from his recently deceased grandfather saying to open when he grew sick of modern life he tore that letter open right away, he didn't think what it would be inside as it was to mysterious not to open right away. A few seconds later Gus found out he'd been left the farm, even though Gus was never one for manual labor and had no idea how to farm he was never one to pass up free stuff. The farm life seemed like a great idea to change this rut he'd been stuck in, he could probably earn a fair bit of money and even find somebody to love out there. So Gus left the city with what little he had to start fresh even though everybody he knew told him how much of a bad idea this was. Gus really isn't the smartest guy and rushes head first into things but he had a plan for running a farm, he'll look up online and join a forum so he can ask them what to do.

So now it's up to us to help this loser out and hopefully live a happy life.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Tobias Grant posted:

Isn't this game just literally Harvest Moon/Rune Factory?

EDIT: Not that I'm making GBS threads on this game, just wondering why I would play this instead of RF4.

Because that's a portable game and this is a PC game.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Also, while it's not in yet it's going to have multiplayer, if that's something you want in your Harvest Moon-like game. Also you can get gay-married and all that, that's a pretty cool feature that, with one or two exceptions, HM has avoided.

Andou posted:

We used to be a phone operator for an insurance company, but no more!

We are Jake from StateFarm!
We love khakis and wear them all the time. Red shirt optional.
We love our Dog, his name is Fido.

Now we work at a real farm and insure against local hunger.

I'm not voting for this but I want to let you know this made me laugh.

Andou
Jun 12, 2014

IAmTheRad posted:

My name is Dot Matricks.
I like Software.
I live on Computer Farm.
I resemble a Woman and I have White skin. It's to disguise my Robot Visor show through.
I mistakenly got a Cat thinking it was CAT-9 cable. But I name it Cable anyways.

Not a robot. How could you mistake me for a robot when I am so obviously human. How about that $INSERTFOODHERE for Nutrition?

Put, my vote with this one. Y'know, if we can vote along with a suggestion.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

IAmTheRad posted:

My name is Dot Matricks.
I like Software.
I live on Computer Farm.

This made me laugh enough that I'll Vote for the notrobot.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Name: Lauren Dixon
Farm: The Last Oak
Favorite: Hard scotch I got on the wagon, so now it's my old pocket watch.
Cat, named Weiss (regardless of color)
Appearance: I've never taken to any colorful stuff. Even in my childhood years, that feel so long ago, I wore greys and browns. Some might call me shabby; between my grey trenchcoat (when I can find it), and my wrinkled business-casual clothes, I suppose it might be true. I keep my brown hair back in a ponytail, to keep it out of my brown eyes; I hate not being able to see what's around me.

It was a night like any other in the big city I called home. It's name doesn't matter. In the end, it's just like all the rest. I'd been down on my luck: my job wasn't goin' anywhere, and it seemed like I wasn't gonna be employed much longer. I'd given up the bottle a year back. I suppose it helped, but only so much. When I got right down to it, there wasn't anything left for me in that run-down hole of a city. My apartment was falling apart, and my cubicle was a wreck. No friends, really. Never got on with other people when I was growin' up, and I never learned to open up when I left home. Mighta' been nice, but it was too late for that here.

I lounged on my ratty cot, and looked across the room at the picture of Grandpa Dixon and me. He'd been the only person I really got on with. It's not that mom and dad were bad, or anything, they just weren't great. But Grandpa Dixon, now there was someone who understood me. I spent every summer with him on his farm, The Last Oak. Never found out why he called it that.

But two years ago, the man passed away. I think that's when things went wrong. I didn't have anyone to turn to, so I turned to my work. Worked myself ragged, and now here I was, lyin' on a thirdhand cot, feelin' sorry for myself.

Then, I remembered the letter. When you're sick of modern life, it said. Well, I don't know if you could call my excuse for a life "modern," but I was definitely sick of it.

Somewhere else in the building, a dog barked at a noise outside. The ticking of my old pocket watch marked as staccatos for my empty life's fleeting seconds.

Tick. A neighbor's door slams.
Tick. The dog barks again.
Tick. A police car drives by, its sirens lost in the pounding rain.
Tick. I'll never get these seconds back.
Tick. I need to get outta here.
Tick. I open the letter.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

So I made some things. Hopefully they're close enough! I'll definitely tweak stuff if desired.

e: I could always just mod a shirt design in if it's easy enough. Granted I haven't really looked into modding graphics yet but from what I hear it's pretty simple.

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Mar 11, 2016

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

IAmTheRad posted:

My name is Dot Matricks.
I like Software.
I live on Computer Farm.

Excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimwit
Nov 3, 2012

Those eyes! That hair! You're like a movie star! I must take your picture!
I'mma jump on this runaway train.

IAmTheRad posted:

My name is Dot Matricks.
I like Software.
I live on Computer Farm.

Me and my wife bought this game after we saw Markimoo play it.
(What? I watch Markiplier. Big Woop, wanna fight about it?)
Have been unable to put it down since getting it.
Still trying to figure out how to woo a certain general store owner's daughter without looking up a guide.

I know we'll eventually get to naming animals.
That's where the fun begins.

• Locked thread