Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
A & G

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
C; any bird friend of Treemomdad is a bird friend of mine.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
E — I think being a spooky swamp tree goes best with our theme thus far.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
A & K – Let's guzzle down water and make new friends!

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
BE all we can tree.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
B – I don't know much about spider life expectancy, but one hundred generations seems excessive.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
For clarification regarding the terms of the deal, we're not a flowering tree at this point, are we? After all, we used to be a seed.

If so, accepting the spiders' current deal would also mean that we'd have to divert resources into developing fruit instead of adapting to the unfriendly conditions of our environment more, given the option.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
C – Akua mentioned the centipedes, so let's talk with this one. Maybe we can see what she thinks about the feud between the frogs and spiders if we can work it into the conversation.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
A

Auralsaurus Flex fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Mar 25, 2016

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012

Mr. Nemo posted:

Otherwise it may end in a "We want YOUR True Name, evil laugh", and then they can ask us to do whatever.

Outrail posted:

At which point we scream out the true name of the nematodes for all to hear and peace out under a suffocating writhing blanket of angry biomass.

paragon1 posted:

You do not yet have a name, though one may be given to you. Some creatures are just rude like that.

Do not speak the name of the Mad, for they shall make you one of them.

You cannot tell a True Name to one who does not know it, unless something of equal value is given in exchange.
Seriously, it's like you guys aren't even paying attention. :v:

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
C
Listen to Foreign Snakes Ate All My Food

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012

SerSpook posted:

Actual vote is F, talk to the centipedes

This is my vote. Also throwing in for What's Buggin' The Bugs!?.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
A

Listen to What's Buggin' The Bugs!?.

If we do decide to broker a deal between the spiders and frogs, we might be able to use true names as an enforcement/retribution method should they agree to the terms we propose. They could be more open to peace if they know anyone who breaks it is going to end up either marching straight into snake territory to get swallowed whole or swimming out to sea until they become exhausted and drown.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
Either population-proportional territory restructuring or mutual habitation is enticing as an end goal sometime further down the line, but both of those options are likely to lead to a large increase in tension even if we succeed.

So C seems like the least relationship-straining option and a good place to start. Maybe we can revisit things if relations go well for a few generations.

• Locked thread