Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What's the image in the second post?
A man's face
Butterfly
A koi
A dog
A small boat floating in a lake
Funyarinpa
View Results

• Locked thread
the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Probably my most anticipated game in the past five years. I can't wait!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I should probably replay these games, especially VLR. I don't recall some of the intricacies near the end that will probably be very important.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I still can't believe we are actually getting this game, that it's coming out so soon, and that it looks so amazing.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I finished VLR just days before the announcement that ZTD would not be made. Not cool.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Toxo? Uh... Ok. Weird choice for a pathogen, but I have an idea of what he might be thinking.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I guess if it's the last game it doesn't actually need a 'true' ending.

They need to save something for Zero Escape 4: A Telltale Game

68% of players chose to save Akane over Alice

13% of players were kind to Clover in her time of need

42% of players didn't tell Phi about the gun

97% of players killed you, me, and the entire human race

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

This is going to be some crazy poo poo. Hopefully it's not a ridiculous amount of gore for shock value, and just the realistic-ish aftermath of whatever traps are in effect.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Is that the equivalent of AO in Japan? It seems like explicit violence over there is like what explicit sex is here in America in games.

(On second thought, they do sell ero-games over there, so maybe the comparison isn't exactly apples to apples.)

A quick Google search reveals that cero z is basically the ESRB equivalent of "M," with the stipulation that the main reason for the restriction is violence.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Danaru posted:

After every bad ending in ZTD, replay the entirety of VLR to keep the loop closed

500 hours later...

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Pixar meets Saw? Also, please add to the OP!

Oh god. I'm imagining some twisted version of the flashback scenes from Up.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I played the two Danganronpa games and I can't believe that crap was more popular than Zero Escape.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

In what morphogenic field is Danganronpa 2 a good game?

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Junpei Hyde posted:

The world where I enjoyed it up until the ending.

We all like bad games sometimes.

My favorite part about the ending to Danganronpa 2 was realizing that I was correct in thinking that every character was an insufferable piece of poo poo. The writing was just awful, and virtually every female character existed just to be dumb or submissive to the guys, show off cartoon tits, or fall in provocative positions. It was like a fanfic written by someone that didn't understand what made the first game interesting and thought the writer and fat anime guy were the only good characters.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I agree that he probably made the clone as an insurance policy in case he died it had an accident so his consciousness could jump to a point after ZTD, then he could eventually go back to ZTD when he was ready.

Or I could be totally wrong - it has been years since I played these games.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Cool, a nice bonus for a region that doesn't even care about the game :allears:

I guess the golden ration and fibonacci sequence will play some roll in ZTD.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

The difference wasn't as bad in other screen shots. I bet 3DS games generally look terrible when they are blown up since the resolution is so low.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Screenshots of many Vita games, including P4G, Uncharted, and Gravity Rush weren't that impressive, but on the actual screen (especially OLED) the games looked fantastic.

No one in their right mind bought a 3DS expecting good graphics. If I only had a 3DS then I wouldn't let those screenshots deter me from experiencing ZTD, especially because we don't know when the Steam release is happening.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

Speaking of VLR, having just played it two weeks ago, I would have been loving PISSED had I played it at launch and then learned there would be no third game.

Eh, the news about the the third game being canceled was several months after release. I know this because I got it free on PS+ and the news came just a day or two after I beat VLR.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Danaru posted:

I maintain Akane Kurashiki did nothing wrong :colbert:

She is boss bitch doing what needs to be done. If she had Sigma's power then she could handle this poo poo herself.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Let's just be grateful that we are getting the game at all.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I guess this just confirms the game is actually coming out and won't get delayed at the last minute, which is awesome.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I just finished Uncharted 4, and I'm still not that bothered by the graphics in ZTD. I'm just happy it's coming out at all! The budget was probably a complete joke.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

For years there wasn't even going to be a sequel.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Trailer 3 for people whom don't want to visit NeoGAF

http://youtu.be/PbCB5TvjH4M

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

The only bad thing about this being the final game in the trilogy is that we are probably so familiar with the universe that we are too good at guessing what the twists might be.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I pre-ordered on day one for the watch (first time ever getting any kind of bonus item since the steel book for Halo 2) and to show my support for the project , but I will grab this digitally if it's not going to be delivered on launch day.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Amazon still doesn't have a ship date for the watch edition :ohdear:

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Blattdorf posted:

I'm not buying a console just to play this one game. I might just play the third game regardless.

You will have no idea what's going on. The story is the whole point of these games! You need to finish VLR.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Paul Zuvella posted:

I'd just read what happens depending on how far you're into VLR. The ending is by and large the worst part of that game.

:siren: :getout: :siren:

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Apparently the watch will be delivered a few weeks after the game comes out, but the game will be delivered on launch day.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Can we please not turn this into a thread for spoiler chat before the game even comes out? We have waited years for this, and it's just a few dozen hours away at this point. Seriously, in the same post you are telling people to stay away from certain sites because of spoilers and then also sharing the spoilers here.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

CuddlyZombie posted:

I hope this isn't true, I was hoping I could download and play ZTD tonight. Will that not be the case?

It's probably not going to be available until the weekly PSN Store update tomorrow afternoon. It's not even available for pre-order, so the chances of it being a midnight release are close to zero.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

gently caress. Well, at this point I think I have to get it digitally because my best opportunity in the next couple months to play it and beat it is this week.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Does anyone know if the saves for the vita version physical game are saved to the memory card?

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

If it really is less than 20 hours to complete then I am actually very happy about that. I just want the story and I don't have tons of free time. VLR and S;G were really good, but both a bit too long.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I am weak and bought a second physical copy.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Someone likes cake too much

:magical:

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

The voice acting is better than the trailers, and the animation isn't as terrible as I was expecting.

Game owns.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I'm stuck 3/4 through a puzzle because I can't figure out how to get the game to let me do anything.

D - Healing Room not sure how to line up or interact with the chopped down tree and the chair

Edit: never mind

the truth fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jun 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Cake Attack posted:

I'm a big dummy who's stuck in the healing room, help please

You can move around with the camera for different angles.

That's not a spoiler - it's an important gameplay mechanic for that room which wasn't explained.

• Locked thread