Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What's the image in the second post?
A man's face
Butterfly
A koi
A dog
A small boat floating in a lake
Funyarinpa
View Results

• Locked thread
Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Motto posted:

Akane (CV: Miyuki Sawashiro)
Sigma (CV: Daisuke Ono)

Yare yare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Danaru posted:

The only way to prevent Radical 6 from happening is to send our consciousness back in time and prevent Zero Time Dilemma from coming out, so the mars test site disaster never happens. But can we make such a sacrifice

That would mean Luna wouldn't exist, and that is unacceptable. :colbert:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Gato posted:

In VLR, does Junpei/Tenmyouji ever say that he participated in the Mars isolation experiment?

Yes. During his own ending path.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

curiousCat posted:

Six are supposed to die for the door to be opened. In the VLR timeline, it would seem to be Eric, Mila, Q, Carlos, Gab, and Zero. Right, wouldn't that work?

Fixed that for you.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Wyvernil posted:

Or if Akane is called by her last name, Kurashiki, to hide the fact that in some of the perspectives outside of Group C she's been replaced with Santa.

If that turns out to be Santa, I won't even know what to say.

I seriously want that "Actually, I'm Santa" line to be relevant again in some way, though.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Danaru posted:

I know it's stupid but it's fun

I think you just spoiled the plot of ZTD for me. :v:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

The twist ending is that the dog is actually the one who started the Radical-6 outbreak through a series of a wacky hijinks accompanied by laugh track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1nDafqdH9o

I'm sure someone already made this joke.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Bogart posted:

Was excited for a bit that they were deemphasizing the stupid character design and then, no, girl with her boobs hanging out. :( C'mon, yall.

"Lady with Huge Chest" is a character archetype that has been in every ZE game. At the very least, the first was pretty cool and the second, while being Alice, was at least intelligent.

I wouldn't be too concerned about Mila. :)

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Would the bomb have detonated in 999 if someone tried to cut off their left hand? If only that group had an experienced doctor or surgeon...

I'd cite the Axe Ending as proof that it wouldn't, but it's hard to say, given that only four people in the game were actually fitted with bombs and Junpei wasn't one of them.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Lareine posted:

Things were set up in general to let Ace be a terrible person. Of course, sometimes he was worse than other times, given that it's heavily implied that he is the one responsible for both Knife and Sub ending.

It was confirmed by the writer that he was.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

In retrospect, it was really dumb for people to try and murder each other in 999

To be fair, in this case it was just Ace killing people, unless you trigger the Axe Ending. Which still results from Ace's actions.

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Given the flashback to the original Nonary Game, I'd say Ace was an even worse murderous psychopath than Clover ever was. He was pretty crazy about letting kids die in an incinerator for the sake of science (and money).

To be fair, Snake seems to be just as :black101: as Clover when it comes to possible sibling murder.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Momomo posted:

Wasn't the entire reason Alice was even put in the Nonary game because she was super smart?

She was included to solve the Myrmidon Code.

Which Sigma mostly solved without her help anyway. :v:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Motto posted:

Looking through the LP Master List, I remember how one of the abandoned LPs was by a dude that was also really mad about the "good writing" review and didn't like the game. Good idea for him to try hate-LPing a game with a ton of text.

There's a guy on Metacritic who gave 999 a zero because "it's not a game, it's a visual novel." :v:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I've admittedly been trying to push votes towards K or Sigma's Endings, just for the WTF factor of both.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I had nightmares about Clover trying to murder me. :(

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Thorias posted:

The Sora ending is always a bad experience with Ever 17.

Because of the goofiness of falling in love with a hologram or something else?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Akane is weird and that's why she's great. I hope ZTD brings back her quirky side.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

It wouldn't have been nearly so bad if they just focused immediately on escaping, THEN talked about "hey that dry ice reminded me of ice-9" once they got out of the freezer and had time to chitchat.

Hey, Akane was probably appreciative for the A/C after all of the heat she had to deal with. :v:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Raxivace posted:

I'm not sure that ever really happens in an MGS game.

There's at least one point in MGS3 where Naked Snake (or someone) has set up bombs and Volgin launches into this huge speech about what the secret of the Philosopher's Legacy is, even though Snake has no idea what it is and isn't even looking for it. Naturally, someone ends up stealing it after his exposition.

Volgin is a smart villain.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Sigma's eye and arms are definitely going to be cut off, so I guess we'll see!

E:

How did I just notice this? :stare:

Both scenes involve arm injuries, too. :stare:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Joke prediction: the trap will involve literally bringing Clover back to cut someone's arms off with a fire axe.

Schrodinger's cat! :black101:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

E: Joke Speculation: the dog is actually possessed by a new person inhabiting their consciousness through Morphogenetic Field swapping as a double agent set up to betray Zero at a key moment. Meanwhile their real body is inhabited by a dog mind and locked up at a mental hospital for barking at random people and peeing on fire hydrants.

Thanks for spoiling the plot twist. :argh:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

the truth posted:

We all like bad games sometimes.

My favorite part about the ending to Danganronpa 2 was realizing that I was correct in thinking that every character was an insufferable piece of poo poo. The writing was just awful, and virtually every female character existed just to be dumb or submissive to the guys, show off cartoon tits, or fall in provocative positions. It was like a fanfic written by someone that didn't understand what made the first game interesting and thought the writer and fat anime guy were the only good characters.

Ibuki was the best character. :colbert:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

I don't care about any of this morphogenetic field nonsense, just tell me who the VA behind that one cockney robot is.

It'd be great if that was one of the mysteries this game promised to reveal.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I wonder if the best ending will involve Akane dying. It'd be kind of ironic, given the plot of the first game, and it'd give Junpei some closure while also keeping with the recurring "he never got together with Akane" gutpunch that the series likes pulling.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

voltcatfish posted:

Zero Time Dilemma pre-orders in Japan will get a Premium Booklet featuring 48 pages of various illustration and content. The A5-size full-colored Premium Booklet features a a prequel written by series scenario writer Kotaro Uchikoshi and illustrations by character designer Rui Tomono. It also features background design from previous games of the series and a “mystery” that is exclusive to the booklet.

The game designed for the West is giving additional features to its Japanese audience. :psyduck:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Oh yeah, a friend of mine did mention the golden spiral was on the cover of that book.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Schrodinger's Cat. :tinfoil:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Sponsored by Cradle Pharmaceuticals.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Honestly, I play the games only for the stories (which I like a lot, yes) and just look up a guide to skip past the puzzles because I want to know what comes next.

I know, I'm scum. I'm going to try to do the puzzles for Zero Time Dilemma properly, though. :smith:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

But that would also mean no Luna or Quark. And they were, like, the only characters in VLR who weren't jerks.

I mean Phi was a likable jerk, but still.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Motto posted:

Team Q, aka Team "small child and two psychos", is making me uncomfortable.

I can't wait for Mira to kill Eric and then spend the rest of the game stalking and trying to murder Q. And then she dies in a trap or something.

And then he dies, too, because Uchikoshi loves downer endings. :unsmigghh:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Wyvernil posted:

It's like the scenarios in VLR were practice runs for what happens here.

Wasn't that literally the plot of VLR?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I can't wait for Mira to kill Eric

I wasn't even serious, but I guess I was right?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The Devil Tesla posted:

I'm pretty sure that just about every possible who kills who combination will be explored in this game.

Junpei killing Akane or vice versa would be worrying. :ohdear:

MotU posted:

every time someone kills diana they will become my least favorite character

What if she commits suicide?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

They'll probably have Carlos in that pose if anyone.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

cloofish posted:

Something I was wondering was why Dio willingly chose to Ally with Luna on the Cyan door path. That's not explained right?

Uchikoshi answered that on his Twitter. It's because he found her beautiful.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I'm already confused and I haven't even played the game yet.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Snake confirmed. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

"What is Love? Don't Hurt Me"

Hello, what is likely the new Axe Ending. I (do not) look forward to the nightmares that will result from you.

• Locked thread