Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
it's of no real significance but under the classic 10-6-4 system, Hamilton and Rosberg would have tied on points with Hamilton winning in a countback. So yeah it's a really even season which is to Rosberg's credit after people dismissed him as not being on Hamilton's level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
All I want in F1 next year is for more stuff like Max did this year at Brazil and Abu Dhabi. You know, attacking driving

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I hope someone attacks Max, with a crowbar.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Alain Post posted:

I hope someone attacks Max, with a crowbar.

Pastor doesn't race anymore though

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I want lewis and nico to drop the gentlemen poo poo and go at it like they hate eachother.

I also want them to be fighting for 5th the whole season.

It would also be nice if Alain Post got therapy for his mental issues before ever posting again.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Khablam posted:

There's 0 chance he'll be WDC next year.

Depends on how badly Mercedes decides to sabotage Lewis next year.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

iospace posted:

Pastor doesn't race anymore though

*Alain Post sighs whistfully

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Powershift posted:

It would also be nice if Alain Post got therapy for his mental issues before ever posting again.

Man they really come at the goodposters hard in this thread.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Sadly I am American, and therapy would be extremely unaffordable.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
The professor of posting does it again.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Khablam posted:

He's WDC all of next season until he either retains it or loses it

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
I wonder if one wdc in the bag will help Bossbergs mental state. In the back sort of quarter of the season he just had no confidence to really get out there and go for it. All he could think about is bringing it home without mistake or incident - as if they were almost inevitable if he wasnt reaaaaaaallly careful.

I feel like if Lewis had the championship lead at the time he would have been confident enough in himself to go all out for wins.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Bobby Rahal posted:

"When I was there, we were talking about the lesser-funded teams like Jaguar, or Arrows, or Jordan, doing like the NFL and sharing in the TV money equally. And they all looked at me, especially Ron Dennis, like, 'are you crazy? Are you suggesting that we should get the same amount as Jordan?'

http://www.roadandtrack.com/motorsports/a31698/bobby-rahal-zak-brown/

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

AgentJotun posted:

I wonder if one wdc in the bag will help Bossbergs mental state. In the back sort of quarter of the season he just had no confidence to really get out there and go for it. All he could think about is bringing it home without mistake or incident - as if they were almost inevitable if he wasnt reaaaaaaallly careful.

I feel like if Lewis had the championship lead at the time he would have been confident enough in himself to go all out for wins.

LMFAO did you watch 2007 season

Edit: Still makes me laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KglbcTs0vWk

djssniper fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Nov 29, 2016

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wicka posted:

Man they really come at the goodposters hard in this thread.

You're speaking from experience I presume?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Khablam posted:

Exactly, because Are Nando is going to buttream the entire field with his superior 2017 McLaren Honda :allears:

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007

djssniper posted:

LMFAO did you watch 2007 season

Edit: Still makes me laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KglbcTs0vWk

Yeh I havent missed a race since Brazil 03! (what a bad one to miss)

What you see there in that video is a dumb fuckup/brainfade. Its not someone trying to win the WDC as slowly as possible. Besides, Hamilton has done a good 175 odd races since that mistake and may have learnt a thing or two.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

GramCracker posted:

Exactly, because Are Nando is going to buttream the entire field with his superior 2017 McLaren Honda :allears:

This is another quality post and the whole thread would do well to emulate posts like these more often.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Actually, whoever takes Button's spot will win :kheldragar:

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

iospace posted:

Actually, whoever takes Button's spot will win :kheldragar:

Stoff- ah you know the drill

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
I honestly expect 20/20 for ourLewis next year

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

How Formula 1 Steering Wheels Have Evolved Since the 1950s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V4soKKUzSI

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

Theophany posted:

Wouldn't be the first time Mercedes have made light of an acrimonious relationship to hawk cars. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKU90BSHqHk

ahaha why do they both eat it running for the hotel room? and I love that they kept the film crews laughter in there.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

This is another quality post and the whole thread would do well to emulate posts like these more often.

I'm just doing my best to try and Make The Worst Thread Great Again

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

GramCracker posted:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

poty posted:

5 of the 6 "journalists" say that Nico deserved the championship... the BBC is so pro-Nico, it's a joke

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Powershift posted:

I want lewis and nico to drop the gentlemen poo poo and go at it like they hate each other.

I also want them to be fighting for 5th the whole season.

Toto will never let that happen, he is strongly driven by a consensus team model, and it shows. Nico is perfectly happy to tow the team line, no matter how false it actually is, and that will make Lewis the standout petty one, which isn't the public persona Lewis likes to project.

I honestly think Lewis would quit if it got that bad, especially if other teams are as fast next year as they claim. Lewis has shown he can perform, and other teams wouldn't hesitate to sign him.

If Mercedes manages to still be dominant in 2017 (a real possibility) expect nothing to change, and everything to be all fake smiles everywhere.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
The reason lewis isnt going anywhere - Redbull dont need him and Ferarri dont want him. What does that leave?

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
McLaren but if that car is good Nando is staying and I can't see Lewis beating him in that scenario. Honda wanted Fernando and McLaren aren't really in a situation to say no to them right now.

Realistically Red Bull aren't interested in outside drivers and Ferrari is just going to Ferrari it up and won't win, even if they did I don't think Lewis would survive in that environment.

Basically Mercedes is the only viable option for Lewis.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

AgentJotun posted:

The reason lewis isnt going anywhere - Redbull dont need him and Ferarri dont want him. What does that leave?

Don't count Ferrari out, esp if Vettel continues to slide. They've done stranger things. Renault would sign him for sure, as would pretty much every b-team (if Lewis could stomach it). Redbull have a huge stable of their own drivers and for sure don't need him, and McLaren is definitely in the 'once burned' category, and something would have to go majorly wrong with their current drivers for him to be considered.

All of this is talking about 2018 at the earliest, of course.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

1500quidporsche posted:

McLaren but if that car is good Nando is staying and I can't see Lewis beating him in that scenario. Honda wanted Fernando and McLaren aren't really in a situation to say no to them right now.

Realistically Red Bull aren't interested in outside drivers and Ferrari is just going to Ferrari it up and won't win, even if they did I don't think Lewis would survive in that environment.

But what about Williahahahahaha

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

Isn't Fernando the highest paid driver currently? Lewis would literally never go back to McLaren if Fernando is there.

...then again, there's always the WEC but Lewis seems to be a diehard GP driver.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
If Mercedes wanted to ditch him for 2017 my money is on Hamliton going on a worldwide rap/tiger spooking tour and seeing which car doesn't suck for 2018

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I would love to see the amount of poo poo that would get thrown around in the media with a Lewis/Ferrari partnership.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

If Mercedes wanted to ditch him for 2017 my money is on Hamliton going on a worldwide rap/tiger spooking tour and seeing which car doesn't suck for 2018

I'd buy tickets for that poo poo, which one of you bad posters are in to join?

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

EoRaptor posted:

McLaren is definitely in the 'once burned' category, and something would have to go majorly wrong with their current drivers for him to be considered.

Well, who here would have predicted that Alonso would end up back at McLaren?
Lewis is also under contract until 2018 season, so quitting would mean he would have to sit down a couple of years.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

GramCracker posted:

I'd buy tickets for that poo poo, which one of you bad posters are in to join?

I'm making up my giant "Poois" banner right now.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
The only thing I'm hoping is that "Max Verstappen WDC 2017" doesn't come true, I'll take Lewis winning every race in 2017 over that.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

El Hefe posted:

The only thing I'm hoping is that "Max Verstappen WDC 2017" doesn't come true, I'll take nuclear armageddon in 2017 over that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
I'm pretty confident it won't. Red Bull have overdeveloped this car while everyone gave up ages ago which is exactly what they did in 13/14, my prediction is Mercedes will be strong Red Bull will have heavy teething issues and McLaren will be third. That and Verstappen still drives like an idiot.

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Well, who here would have predicted that Alonso would end up back at McLaren?
Lewis is also under contract until 2018 season, so quitting would mean he would have to sit down a couple of years.

To be honest the Alonso thing was a ridiculous amount of stars aligning and perfect storms and it'd have to be even more ridiculous with Lewis. Maybe they have clauses to let them do a straight trade with the drivers but I can't imagine Honda would be too impressed with Lewis as their lead driver.

Lewis' issue is he's known as being difficult to work with sponsors and borderline toxic and he's with the only team on the grid that doesn't really care about sponsors.

• Locked thread