Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Goetta posted:

I'd like to uh look up Claire Williams on uh Wikipedia if you catch my drift

Here you go fella https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claire_Williams_(motorsport) I would open her wiki... bah I don't want another probation with dad jokes :(

if you know what I mean fellas

:smug:

Myrddin_Emrys fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Mar 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

darth cookie posted:

Man that wiki entry is pretty bare. It's kind of sad.

If I could find that article where she talked about how she got embarrassed when Ayrton Senna turned up unexpectedly at her dad's place and he saw her in her pajamas I'd edit it in, but I can't remember where I read it. :saddowns:

Weird you say that, because I saw on Sky a Legends of F1 episode a couple of days ago, which was about Senna, and Claire Williams mentions that incident. She said she was mortified as a 15 year old in just her pyjamas who had a huge crush on him for him to see her like that.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
I like Jolyon, but I don't like ISIS

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

GramCracker posted:

Wicka is right a lot of the time TBH

Wicka is like that special needs person we all went to school with who everyone hosed around with his head until his parents took him out and was never seen of again. I'm just waiting for his parents to take him out of this forum.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Halo14 posted:

Found this handy link. Calendars for all motorsport events:

http://motocal.net/#calendars

This is to be the best post ever in the worst thread. Thanks for this

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
I cancelled Sky. I don't love F1 enough to pay 500 pounds a year for it for a bunch of tv channels I never watch included i.e all the sports channels. I got a firebox with kodi side loaded and I streamed the Ausie GP Qualifying and race live, and ive saved 500 pounds a year. Seems a no brainer to me.

Also as already stated, Pay to View F1 is causing figures and popularity of F1 to fall.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
For the past few weeks, perhaps months, Wicka, I find your posts becoming increasingly more and more disturbing. Is your personal life OK?

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

be nice wicka posted:

knock it off with this poo poo

It's as poo poo as your recent hate posting, I'm genuinely concerned

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

El Hefe posted:

Brands Hatch is so good though and F1 is never going back there, such a shame.

My favorite track of all time. It truly is glorious.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

ukle posted:

In more brighter news and a look towards the future of Formula 1 - the Roborace car (AI driven cars, running as a support series for Formula E) for next year has been unveiled, and shows exactly what you can do when you don't have to lug around a massive bag of meat. Should be able to go close to 200 MPH, so hope to god the AI coders don't gently caress up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oBnWsVhJms

This is how most unrealistic health and safety experts, including armchair health and safety experts in this thread want F1 cars to be like.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

track day bro! posted:

wickas gettin' upset!!!!

It doesn't take much

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Hate this qualifying so much

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
OK I have to admit that the channel 4 coverage was pretty excellent, I really enjoyed it apart from Not Simon/Not Jake,. Talk about a presenter knowing nothing about F1 being thrown into the thick of things and being told to learn as he goes.
I loved the Murray Walker montage at the beginning, I just loving love that guy. Since I was a child Murray Walker was a big part of my F1 experience and whenever he appears on tv he always gets a big 'awwwwwwwww Murray'.

So Qualifying! FIA are basically saying 'we hear you drivers, we hear you teams, we hear you sponsors, we hear you fans, the new system is poo poo but.. but.. but.. just stick with it and you will get used to it.' What a load of loving bollocks. The new qualifying is complete loving garbage and no one likes it or wants it, ditch it.

Fantastic race for Bahrain. I thought for a second at the start that I had tuned into GP2 what with all the amateur dramatics but soon I was revelling in Their Lewis' woes and loved that the right man won the race at the end of the day. GOOOOO NICOOOOOOOOOOOO.

As it happened I watched the race with my dad (something that doesn't happen often) and he is a HUGE Hamilton fan and seeing his face whenever Rosberg wins over Hamilton is an amazing happening. Especially as whenever my father watches F1 with me Hamilton always loses out to Rosberg so he cant argue his points against me. I went to Silverstone for the first time with my dad in 2013, it was loving glorious.

I see Alonso is still in his reanimation process as the bits I saw of him was reminiscent of a certain awakened monstrosity being awakened by the cries of 'he's alive! ALIVE!'

Overall I was thoroughly entertained, got the result I wanted, great race. Shame about the qualifying.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Brainwrong posted:

I came into this season expecting to laugh at those silly American Haasholes. But they've really done alright. Good old Big John. As an Englishman, I should not be supporting a Frenchman driving an American car, but I am.

I am going to eat a peanut butter Oreo to celebrate

I came into this season expecting you to hate everything that's good and like everything that's bad. You proved me wrong this year.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Falken posted:

"Clearly, Lewis is wrong in this case. I feel that Bottas was actually attempting to MURDER him, and should be jailed."

I do see it as a racing incident, Bottas was perhaps being a little optimistic but at the time when he went for it the door was open and he took his chance like a racer should do. However the outcome was most pleasing and I nodded my head sagely with a wry grin while my dad proceeded to go apoplectic.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

be nice wicka posted:

i told you guys it skips a generation

That's why my dad is totally uncool dude.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

learnincurve posted:

This conversation is very American. I believe trends are shifting with new cars but in the UK manual has always been the norm and anyone wishing to drive an automatic has had the traditional sneering "automatic gearboxes are far more expensive to replace you know" thrown at them. Mother, this car is a £400* G reg Ford Mondeo I am not planning on changing the gearbox.

*in 2002, it died in 2010 and it was the big end, not the gearbox which was still working fine.

I was feeling the same. The norm in the UK is Manual gear boxes are automatics are not as popular. I don't know about the U.S but in the UK if you pass your driving test in an automatic car you have to to pass the test again if you want to drive a manual in a manual car (I'm pretty sure that's true). However if you pass the test in a manual you are qualified to drive both.

Ive had both types of car and I prefer manuals hands down.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
But wont reverse grids means the top teams will drive slower on qualifying?

Also why don't all the teams just boycott China until the old system is reinstated.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Brainwrong posted:

I've not read the thread for a few days. Can someone give me a brief summary of what this week's argument is about so I can join in?

I would like to tell you, but Wicka will reply 'stop this' then cry to Handknit who will then probate me, so its not worth the hassle.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

nsaP posted:

Can we drop this childish nonsense and get back to misogyny against Claire Williams please??

I CANT loving WIN CAN I? EITHER WAY IM loving PROBATED

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

learnincurve posted:

Baiting Wicka for lolz when he posts a fact that we all spent a lot of time discussing in the off season thread isn't cool guys.

You are the one he has trolled the most just recently, you indeed have the soul of an angel.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Riso posted:

What happeend to the adventure time avatar anyway?

Theres no Time to Adventure in this thread

<~~~~~

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

George Zimmer posted:

Yes, but in a Lotus.

If I were to die in a race, this would be the car whatever the formula (preferably Graham Hills).

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Riso posted:

Ah, the 80ies. When the world was still alright.

The 80's was the peak of human civilisation, its all gone downhill since then.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Their Lewis it was reported, was hanging with that gangster wanna be called T-Rex who got in trouble for selling hand guns. Apparently he was a small arms dealer.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

be nice wicka posted:

lol, no, because he still didn't say that. this is unreal right now.

Please stop, you are literally raving like an obsessed autistic. It really is embarrassing. I mean holy poo poo this thread is currently worse than when its off season, and that is some feat.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

be nice wicka posted:

i cannot even begin to imagine the broken mindset you operate under if you're attacking me about this

I am not attacking you, that is the difference, you seem to take offence at everything and any criticism tor differing opions to what you say you take unbelievably personal and will proceed to try and 'out argue' <insert opponent of the day here> until you are satisfied that everyone has got the message on how pedantic you are. I mean christ on a stick you are too much sometimes.

*EDIT* Here comes another probation im guessing.

Myrddin_Emrys fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Apr 12, 2016

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

be nice wicka posted:

you literally called me a raving autistic for suggesting we should read articles correctly

That was not attacking you, you are incredibly thin skinned if you believe an adjective or two was an attack.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Human Grand Prix posted:

Here is the B186 that was barred from competition in 1987. Pirro was supposed to drive it, but I also found out Aguri Suzuki was linked to it too.

HGP I cant see that pic :(

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

sleepwalkers posted:

edit: eh, I'll not continue this onto a new page. What I said was more or less already said.

As a new fan, these older cars are absolutely insane. Is there a decent resource for seeing some of the crazier designs and whether they were any good or not?

Ever seen a six wheeled F1 car before?

Now you have

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
I think its a generational thing to be honest. I was 24 in 1994 when I first discovered the internet and not long after that it was really starting to be pushed a a viable source of information... if you could get onto it. This was new to us, and was generally used at first as a bit of a laugh with people from both sides of the waters and borders basically using it to be like 'lol Yanks are fat' kind of poo poo.
The internet to me is still that funny place where I can have a laugh. I neither hate or dislike anybody on these forums as I do not take any of you seriously as your just anonymous entities occasionaly posting things of similer intesrest to myself. There is literally nothing you can say that would upset me me enough to be angry, these forums make me smile everyday.

Now there is I feel a whole generation that has being bought up online with the internet as a major infuence on their lives, and with social sites and forums such as these I think this generation treats the internet as a far more serious place than I do or others who saw it appear in the 90's. To us its a laugh, to the next generation its a form of communication thats instills the exact same responses and emotions as face to face communication.

Looking forward to China this weekend

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

You know im going to say it dont you but oh my god, Their Lewis <insert perceived to be as racist, homophobic, misogynist, sexist rant here> and thats all i have to say about that!

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

learnincurve posted:

Although the hat and fake glasses are dreadful, I was more struck with Hulkenberg's terrible jumper with the word gently caress on it tbh.

It looks like one of those GBS photoshop threads where each poster adds something extra to the previous posters image.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

be nice wicka posted:

i appreciate the effort, i genuinely do, but it doesn't jive with you clearly being angry and flipping out at everything i write, then wondering why i get defensive when you make it personal every time i post two words. you can't backpedal that easily.

Can you seriously read any of my posts and say 'Thats an angry man?' I dont get angry with you Wicka, I get very confused by you. Do you recall not a month ago where you were replying to everyone of Learnincurves constructive posts to 'Stop posting!!! You know nothing?' And when you are questioned about it all we get is 'PLEASES STOP' then some of us find you are mod protected. I mean seriously?

Anyway my friend Wicka, lets not do this tango no more as i like to have laughs and fun, and sparring needlessly negates why I am here.

Myrddin_Emrys fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Apr 13, 2016

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Skarsnik posted:

His Haas is on fire

Thats a fire haasard

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

#Prosperity

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

1500quidporsche posted:

You guys don't understand. This season is the cumulative effect of two years of Rosberg's #mindgames. He wanted to let Hamilton win two WDCs to lure him into a false sense of security.

Rosberg 4 in a row Monaco winner C'MON

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

I have a new found respect for you

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

El Hefe posted:

Imagine if Nico wins the WDC

I did this and it had the same effect as sexy time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
What a top race I loved it. I have really enjoyed this season so far.

• Locked thread