Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

keevo posted:

Oh yeah we need to do bold predictions before qualifying.

Haas will score points in their first race
:woop:
Rosberg will commit suicide by cop after suffering a nervous breakdown in Monaco
:goleft:
Vettel will make a questionable comment about Muslims and/or Jews
Only 3 cars will finish the Monaco Grand Prix, none of them championship contenders, none of them McLarens
:goleft:
A Williams will win a race
A Finn will win a race
An American will be brought in to replace another driver at the USGP
A track marshal will die

Kilonum fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jul 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

Something something practice times something bacon briefcase something

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

oh btw if you have a pc with steam on it F1 2015 is free to play until 10am PDT Sunday

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

That was so exciting I'll be awake for a whole 5 more minutes

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

:catstare:

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

Chantilly Say posted:

BBC still can't find an Indo flag hahahahaha

Just use a loving Monaco flag, jfc

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

Camera bukkake :keke:

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

GROSJEAN IN 8TH :911::france:

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

El Hefe posted:

lets go to sleep lads

I NEED TO SEE AT LEAST ONE OF MY BOLD PREDICTIONS COME TRUE :911:

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

Kilonum posted:

Haas will score points in their first race

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

:911::france::911::france::911::france::911::france::911::france::911::france::911::france::911::france::911::france::911::france:

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

My takeaways from the race:

1) the new qualifying system is garbage. It was meant to increase the excitement level around qualifying, and instead it does the exact opposite

2) The mid- and backfield teams are going to be a much more interesting watch this year than last. Third year of development on the Ferrari, Mercedes and Renault engines (even if the latter is still hot garbage), and second year on the Honda, along with new tire regulations making pit strategy play a bigger role in the races makes it fun to watch again (if only for the tier 2 [perenially in the points but almost never with a podium] and tier 3 [almost never in the points] teams [tier 1A is Mercedes, 1B is Ferrari, and tier 1C is Red Bull and Williams]).

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

poty posted:

F1 is dead

Long Live F1

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

Boreain and Abby Dabby are bigger targets imho

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

gret posted:

I didn't know you were covering the Trump campaign.

:golfclap:

Halo14 posted:

Found this handy link. Calendars for all motorsport events:

http://motocal.net/#calendars

Select all -> Google Calendar

:D

Kilonum fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Mar 23, 2016

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

Haas :catstare:

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

GutBomb posted:

What happened to GUT?

Got taken out by debris to the tire

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

learnincurve posted:

Old Ferrari would not have left but if the 250 odd billion pounds they have spent on development turns out to have been on engine shaped paperweights, then fiat owned Ferrari will most certainly tell Bernie to gently caress off and start it's own race series/ go WEC.

Ferrari is no longer owned by FIAT. FCA (FIAT-Chrysler Automobiles) divested itself of Ferrari with the last bit of paperwork making Ferrari an independent company once again taking effect on January 3rd of this year.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

td4guy posted:

Bernie's at it again, haha!

Bernie shouldn't be allowed to consume oxygen.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

If they do this they should rebadge the engines in the Haas cars as Chryslers

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

njsykora posted:

Old Spa would have to rank highly as well I think.

Only track that I feel fearful for my life in a sim in the slowest car possible.

Even though I know I am firmly planted in a chair in Massachusetts.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

1500quidporsche posted:

And I'm officially hoping Rosberg wins the WDC.

Grosjean will get WDC without winning a race.

It just feels like that kind of season.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

krushgroove posted:

Does no one want my books? :(

I would take all but Senna v. Prost (already have it) but alas I am in the US and poor.

Also, currently reading The Limit: Life and Death on the 1961 Grand Prix Circuit. Gotta return it to the library by Monday, though.

Also, my F1-related (plus my only other motorsports-related) BluRay collection:

Kilonum fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Apr 13, 2016

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

Hass for moral WCC

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

What did they do with the tires? Besides put spikes in the left side of the Shanghai track

Pirelli chooses 3 compounds (of the 4 they make - hard, medium, soft, super soft) to bring to the race.

each driver has to use at least 2 during the race (obvious caveat is unless it is wet at any point during the race)

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

learnincurve posted:

Five compounds, pirelli chose three and make one mandatory for the race, teams get to choose how many of the three they want for the weekend. Q1 people get free choice of tyres to start on, Q2 and Q3 people have to start the race on the tyre they ended Q2 on.

I think.

only Q3 runners have to start on their qualy tires

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

what is this, NASCAR?

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

Powershift posted:

Holy poo poo, is that legal?

Before the line, so yes.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

WELCOME TO FORMULA ONE 2016, WHERE NOTHING SEEMS TO MAKE SENSE

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

Fluffdaddy posted:

That's a Haas in 5th

And it's the one that has yet to finish a race.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

NBC interviewed Tom Brady on the grid. Not one mention of deflategate. Or football for that matter.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

aequalis posted:

There are a lot more cleverer/funnier/funningest posters in the Worst Thread than me, so how bout a good ol' fashioned Caption Contest?

"Mein Führer, a British friend of the family will be world champion driving this same car brand with this number on it 76 years from now"

Kilonum fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jul 26, 2016

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

Lou Takki posted:

gently caress yeah, radio ban gone. It was dumb anyways.

:agreed:

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

You mean Indy 500 Winner Rossi. How many other so-called Formula 1 drivers have won the Indy 500? That's right, none.

Mario Andretti, to date, he remains the only driver ever to win theIndianapolis 500 (1969), Daytona 500 (1967) and the Formula One World Championship (1978), and, along with Juan Pablo Montoya, the only driver to have won a race in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, Formula One, and an Indianapolis 500.

Kilonum fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jul 29, 2016

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

learnincurve posted:

What's wrong with are Jense :ohdear:

Bad liverwurst

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

Halo14 posted:

Saw that Rush movie again last night, pretty solid.

I have it on bluray

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

I got the same impression re: Ron from Prost vs. Senna

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

Thanks to now working the closing shift at my store my sleep schedule is all screwy and I now usually go to bed at 4am

This race starts at 3am my time :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

Just washed the top three posters in this thread through a markov generator (will do it again for the top 10 at the end of the season)

Wicka (800 posts)

quote:

mercedes kept a lot differently. they've both done a lot of people who can't build engines." in 2014
ban riso-to-forums telemetry
most of them go near the sidepod area traditionally reserved for the title, but neither is anyone else, and at best it adds nothing to improve the racing? just one? anybody? this should even be a safety improvement. you are acting like rn. jesus.
i'm like 99% sure i've seen video of alonso's crash
I'm really sorry about all the way down the straights. with active aero you don't want to be to say this time?
they're drivers, not engineers. this childish rule change has provably done nothing but ruin drivers' races for no real reason.
F1's leicester city
"disconnected view of reality" aka not an insane personOK sure thanks
alonso leaving ferrari is starting to run out of their control. banning ALL chatter still maintains this problem. the solution to any problem you've fabricated in your mind."make F1 great again" isn't a debate, you misread the article.http://www.autosport.com/news/repor...on-topend-speed
completely off topic, but if they're really going back to the internet, only the inherent corruption in FOM has meant they've kept making their money through traditional broadcast means just a waste of breath.that's fair. i think that, for the demo run

1500quidporsche (1416 posts)

quote:

McLaren could realistically finish higher than the Mercs without blowing up and he knew what he did in that engine is worse than North Korea in my opinion. The front end of every minor aspect of the day throwing large sums of cash to put any effort in.
I honestly want him to the glory years of Mercedes-Reich over another shitcrappen win.
Massa needs a race ban is in trouble.
Hell link the 2017 regulations which state this.
I'm almost certain something was lost in translation and he's referencing the power down. The turbo lag and just build a mercedes like engine from the tail end of 97. There are a number two driver compared to last year.
Is this true? I've never heard this before.
The only way you're going to be a rolling test and troubleshooting the new KIA/Hyundai n-word performance Formula One team.
I'd be furious if I was serious about doing it a while back but the higher you rev the engine becomes. I mean they would've won if it was an easy loophole, but I also don't think he gets a penalty at this point is beyond me. He loving just dive bombs people, it's not somebody who posts in here like F-e otherwise it won't stay active enough.
My understanding is that keeping costs down? At that point you have to watch the whole ten yards in one race and then weaving about like a good champion"-poo poo people actually say at the end of that beyond mandating minimum cooling requirements for the young demographic make me mad. Anybody can record clips of rustling leaves over 9 months then assemble them on a weekly basis six months away and they're going to run with much less leave my bed other than being a full goon on. I think it was ever going to be on par with Mercedes next race.
My issue is closed."*Twenty million new posts debating the issue*

learnincurve (1607 posts)

quote:

Another article with rather more probables and considerings http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/r...nish-gp-733475/
Nice to see how our dads post check any article on motorsport.com related to the grid. Come on ocon do your job.
For fucks sake Brundle, Lewis could see he was bag of dicks.
So long as I could get it back down again because he hadn't been in the hope that they took the data starting from the pits.
The best part has always been a hell of a second massive tirade against internet conspiracy theorists. http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/m...eorists-732713/I'm not sure if this is some A game Ronspeak here, he started with "we are telling you it's not the European way.Football is far more than 0.2 seconds per lap.http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/m...per-lap-790152/
Oh Ferrari
Brundle trying to look forward to getting up at Monza is a respected artist in Australia among a certain speed and lap time records have to quit F1 if test plan not agreed on was our prime minister's father, and in a mode which is what makes Todt so drat hypocritical now. Ferrari owned the sport totally unrelated to this one.
Ted tried to use it coming out of everything and tell Red Bull and Renault had a get out of thin air. Pirelli need at least Nico will have so many clauses in the grandstands are going for him. I'd say if anyone will let them heal on their own, not because of your bosses who won a WDC with the most awkward grid walk could not give a gently caress if it's not F1's fault. A big issue for me and the works teams are still developing the crash structure and helmets.edit: jet fighter style canopy is going to gently caress off.
You know that Greece has defaulted again and managed to go into another SAS thread and say "OK this red bull internal meaning is awesome.
I hope you are a bunch of lunatics when it flips back. .

• Locked thread