Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
I think the stupid SHOOTOUT style quali will cause a couple of issues today. I am hoping that will leave the mclarens to he right up the sharp end.

Predict force India to fold before the European season. Haas to out perform sauber and Ferrari to be over a second back from the mercs. Nothing very out there? Ok I also predict williams to win at least one race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
Can the famous Scud not afford a uniform which fits Kimi?

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
I am still speechless that some teams hadn't even read the new quali rules and were sending drivers out with time just to start a flying lap. It's your loving job to know you asshats.

In other news we also learnt the fragility of Nico after his grass stains in q1.

I am glad the mclaren is no longer quite the embarrassment and also Renault are where they deserve to be.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/

AgentJotun posted:

Maybe the show can be improved by somehow crippling the huge advantage Merc have, rather then messing with a decent/not broken qualifying.

This is bullshit. Mercedes did the best job within the regulations. Why should the rules be changed to cripple them specifically. Its the whole attitude that they should level the playing field because some manufacturers did a poo poo job that pisses me off. They don't do it in any other sport.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
Go watch formula E then :shrug:

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
Having a factory engine would ruin the sport. There are plenty of engine formulas. We want Ferrari Mercedes and everyone else to design a motor against each other. I would like the engine regulations opened like WEC where different fuels and turbo v na. Making the regs fair would be a bastard but it would be more fun to watch.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
They want a loving spec series. Or they want Mercedes to get an arbitrary penalty.

In fact what they want is a series where some loving nobody in a lovely privateer team can compete with the big boys in dicing racing full of overtaking.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/35850766
They are looking at scrapping that poo poo show we saw this morning.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
Also please refer to the loving repetitive and boring discussion regarding this in the off season thread!

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
I really hate the fact that there are more and more strict radio band. I love hearing the team radio and now I barely hear gently caress all.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
:siren:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/35889156:siren:

"Formula 1 boss Bernie Ecclestone says he agrees with drivers' complaints that the sport's decision-making process is "obsolete and ill-structured"."

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
What really fucks me off is you now need sky go extra, £5 a month extra, to watch sky go on your Xbox. :fuckoff:

So my dad has the whole loving sky package and I can't watch it on my Xbox. Makes my blood boil.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
The fact it makes you use ie and safari and doesn't support chrome also sucks donkey dick.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
One word. Thruxton!

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
If you want to watch channel 4 online you need to go to tvcatchup.com gently caress that ch4od poo poo.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
F1 is always better than indycar, nascar and WEC. They don't have the drama and soap opera of F1.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
The old guys getting their Hass handed to them.

In other news I owe my dad £220... He has bet me double or nothing that Lewis will one stop and beat Nico. Now I never bet against my homeboy but I cant see him overcoming the britney unless their is a mechanic failure.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
Nah. The real story will come out but i suspect its... Mercedes wanted to let Nico experience not losing and therefore decided to give him simulator time and not OUR Lewis.

He has been awfully busy loving about with music people in the off season.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
Did mercedes comment on the damage to Lewis' car at all? I would think he was running with a serious disadvantage after running over his own front wing what with the floor be so vital to aero.

Great race with some actual strategic excitement and lots of passing, yet some of you still are not happy...

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
I see formula E put up highlights of the last race on YouTube with that 360 degree camera. F1 will follow in 3 decades.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
I know I know.

You know what really grits my poo poo? The fact that if you turn on 20 mins into the race you can't watch from the start. And the fact sky don't out highlights up till days later. Actually the answer to the original question is sky. Twats.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
I would go for a drink with Ron Dennis... He obviously knows where the sell the best beer. Served in the cleanest glasses and measures to the nano litre at a 0.01 degree accuracy. He will also have his regular table!

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
Knowing f1 you would get a load of special team principles in name. Their only job to race for the engines. A certain mr bolt would be a good choice.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
Got a cheeky bet on their max to podium this weekend. 25-1 seems a decent outside shout. If he does well in quali I will probably cash out though

What's the bet Hamilton gets a penalty then :fuckoff:

thegasman2000 fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Apr 30, 2016

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/

Halo14 posted:

I don't see the point? He didn't gain anything from it.

How dare you use logic in this sport! Probably have to start from the pitlane knowing hamiltons luck this season.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
Nah burning Bahrain is the winner for me.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
Jism Butthole

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
Spastic Vanker

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
Ted putting the boot into horny Horner over their driver programme :fuckoff:

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
Hmm sky reporting Mercedes and Ferrari are using jet ignition...

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
Calm down Filipe baby

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/

geonetix posted:

Is this available anywhere else? This is super interesting to my nerdy little heart

It was not technical at all... Basically just a diagram of a regular cylinder and a jet ignition one. The new cylinder had small combustion chamber with the spark plug in it. This is ignited normally and then small holes pass this jet of flame to the main cylinder causing a less localised explosion.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
Hamilton had that on rails. Hopefully he didn't gently caress his q2 set too bad :golfclap:

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Niki Lauda says Hamilton is at fault and too aggressive. What now you fraudboys?

Yes the day we listen to that crazy melty face is definitely today.

Lewis shouldn't have driven into the wedge but Nico shouldn't be running anyone off the road. He is the one who benefits out of that crash too.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
Here comes the wolf. I can't wait!

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
Nooooo mclaren

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
So would dani have won that? I don't think so.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/

learnincurve posted:

Nico has never been a lucky man.

What the gently caress? He is sat in the fastest car on the grid even though he is probably not in the top 6 fastest drivers. That makes him lucky never mind the fact his Mrs is smoking hot and he looks like gollum.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/

JFairfax posted:

I live in the states now so won't be able to make it, but goon-karting was great.

This is where I went in Portugal and it was aces.

http://www.kip.pt

I have reviewed the footage and firstly your a monster! Not leaving room on the inside of bends for the other drivers! Secondly you need to spend more time on the throttle and less on the brakes.

In all seriousness this was great fun to watch. I love karting and would go more often if it wasn't £££

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
Formula 1: 'Halo' protection agreed for 2017
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/36404898

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005