Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

What brush are you using? I bought a Furminator a while ago but I'm not very happy with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

I'll have to get one. I have a Furminator but it fills up to uselessness with a single brush on my fat fluffy cat. The zampa brush seems just as good but with an eject button.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Chili posted:

GUYS GUYS

Tic Tac:

I just can't

Gimme! :syoon:

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Chili posted:

Butterscotch redefines "romp and frolick" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb9Xo6teY7Q

This makes me so happy. :3:

Also you are braver than I, letting him out in that giant beautiful back yard. I'd be terrified my cats would bolt for the woods or off into someone else's yard or into the street.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

SneakyFrog posted:

runts are the best though

Yes this. Runt kittens grow up to be adult cats who are itty bitty their whole lives and super cuddly and loving from being hand-reared.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Chili posted:

Epilogue of the great laptop war:

Butters became quite taken with the cute and uplifting thread:

So much so that he decided that we would not be visiting any more websites for now:

I took a break to stretch my legs and check on our other, better behaved friends in the house. When I came back...

What a goonlord.

I like how there's another cat sniffing around the box of puzzle pieces.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Alteisen posted:

I can understand what you mean by feelings of abandonment.

Where it be a foster or our pet, we sometimes get a little ahead of ourselves and think on the life there going to lead, the things you'll do, the time spent together, then the unthinkable happens you're left with a broken heart and unfulfilled promises, we're sad over their passing but deep down there's a hint of anger there as well, anger over being abandoned, how dare they leave us when I had so many things in store for them planned.

Eventually we realize how stupid we are but yea, I can perfectly understand those feelings.

This is how I felt with my little kitten Eddie. He was the absolute sweetest animal in the entire world and even if I only had him for a little over a week and I tried to prepare myself for the worst, I loved him with all my heart. How could I not? He would climb up onto my chest and just put his head on my shoulder or under my chin and sit there all day and nap or play with my hands, and if I put him down he would cry and follow me around until I picked him back up. I was hurt when he died but I was also angry, all the work and money and energy I put in and the day after being given a clean bill of health and all good scans, he deteriorates and then just falls asleep and dies within a few hours. And it felt like such a "wow, why would I expect anything different?" moment too, because that tends to just be how life goes for me and my family, we have plans and expectations and life finds a new way of ruining it all no matter how reasonable or how well prepared we are, and it just had to go for my little Eddie too.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Lookit that good cat taking care of his human. :3:

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Chili posted:

Alirght, everyone. I need help.

What shape is this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrX2S8eSNH0

Pile.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Alteisen posted:

Need some cat round-up advice.

I have a reputation where I live as a cat person and someone's been dumping little ones on my property, 3 so far across 2 months, I cannot afford to keep them, I've made one my pal and I'll be taking him to the shelter soon, yesterday another one got dumped here and I'm pretty sure I can win him over, the problem is another one that dumped along with the first one, he will not let me near and bolts if he so much as senses me, need some way to get him without hurting him.

Some cat shelters and such will let people borrow safe traps to try and wrangle stray kitties with. Can you maybe call a few to see if any will do that, then leave the trap open with some smelly wet food inside to lure him in?

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Alteisen posted:

I just wanted him to make it so badly, after he went through he deserved it.

Pets deserve the world and more. But we can't give it to them, so we give them a little bit (or a lot) of ourselves. You are a good person, and Sylvester deserved you. :unsmith:

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Marchegiana posted:

It was hotter than Satan's ballsack outside, and the poor cat was trying to drink water out of the saucers under my flowerpots. At that point I noticed that it still had on the same flea collar from the spring, and realized it had probably been abandoned.

Oh gosh, poor baby. What kind of flowers were in there? Name her after them. :haw:

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Marchegiana posted:

So we've decided to name her Soraya- it's a Persian name that means Princess, which seemed appropriate.

She got a flea treatment yesterday, so today she came inside. She'll be sequestered in my daughters' room until we get her checked out at the vet at least. So far she seems to dig it pretty well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aWXrG66OJ0

Lookit that nice kitty leaning into the pettings. :3:

Alteisen posted:

And hes off to the vet, fingers crossed.

I am crossing all of my fingers for you.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

My delicate squeaky baby princess Buttercup took about three years to finally get personable and get along with one of my other cats, Leo. She was always buddies with my first and oldest cat, Malachi, but Leo is a big goofy lump who would scare her by being overly friendly and would get in her face too much just because he's curious and goofy, and she would almost completely avoid us. Then some poo poo went down and I had to bug out and leave them at a relative's house for a few weeks, after everything blew over and I brought them back home with me she got along perfectly with Leo and was way way cuddlier and more friendly. Hell just about ten minutes ago I left my office room and she ran over to me purr-meowing and standing up on her back legs to rub into my hand. :3:

Safari Disco Lion fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Oct 2, 2016

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

What a good kitty. :3:

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

He's still there with his paws up under his chin. :3: Sweet boy just wanted a nice comfy, secure place to relax and take a long nap.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Congratulations on your little smelly black kitty. Night time bathroom trips will be fun when he decides sleeping in the hallway is a great idea.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Nice kitty guarding the house. :3: Gonna need more pics of him, yes we will.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Chili posted:

When they assessed him, he would just lie down and not do anything.

Sounds like standard model cat to me. :confused:

And yay Butters! :neckbeard:

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

I don't really sing to my cats except finding stupid ways to say "good morniiiing nice kittiiiiies". I do however have ten thousand nicknames for each of them. Malachi is Mally, Mallydoodle, Doodlebug, Sugarbear, and Gooberpea. Leo is Fluffypuff, Tubbs, Tubbo, Big Boy, and Giant Baby. Buttercup is Butterbutt, Butterbean, Beanybutt, Sweetiepie, Squeakyhead, and The Most Delicate Little Princess Baby Whinyhead (I mean, that's what she is). I'm sure there's more that I can't remember right now.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Chili posted:

Little bugger has been cuddled up in my arm for the past half hour. Good kitty:

She's so little give her to me :cry:

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

I used one litter box for two cats for many years with no issues. Only when I got a third were there any litter box problems, so we got a second.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Today is complete and utter dicks so far but this part's pretty good. :kimchi:

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Chili posted:

First order of business, Bobby Digital you do take down the caption contest. Email me at thecontraryson AT Gmail DAHT com and I'll get you a fresh new avatar certificate.

That aside, the kittens have been doing super well! They've all been steadily putting on weight and they all now have their eyes open. They just hit the 2 week mark and are starting to show little differences in their behavior. Also, we named them, this is our Bear litter:

As for sexes, we THINK it's like this

Grizzly = Male
Teddy = Female
Gummi = Female
Polar = Female
Panda = Male

Grizzly is the orange one and the runt (orange are nearly always male), he likes being handled the most. He never complains when we pick him up. I've been supplementing his diet with milk replacement through a syringe because he needs to grow up and be a big scary bear, mister. At least, that's what I tell him.

Teddy is grey and is a huge ham. She always rushes over to us and always looks toward the camera. I suspect once they realize that the door to their room is a magical portal to the rest of the house, she'll be the little fighter who tries to bust out.

Polar is the biggest, also and this was surprising, was the last to open her eyes. Guess she was so busy growing she forgot to look at things.

Panda is the fluffiest. My god is panda fluffy. She likes being nearby us but isn't big on handling yet. We'll get there.

And Gummi is a good little kitty, a friend to all of the others in the litter, definitely seems more like a cat's cat, than a people's cat. Still sweet, of course.

Anyway, here's momma giving them baths: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By1d6Wa1eHQ

As you'll see the kittens still haven't worked out how gravity works quite yet, and that lifting their heads up too high ultimately means toppling over.

AAAAAAH. :kingsley:

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Chili posted:

OK! But you caught us at naptime

They all have their favorite sleeping places and sleeping buddies:

Teddy & Gummi:

Polar & Panda

And the only smart one who actually makes use of the good, floofy bed: Grizzly

Seriously, none of the other kitties will even touch that thing but nearly every time I walk in he's fast asleep in the center of it. He is my spirit animal.

1) oh my gosh
2) Grizzly does not have a nap time cuddle buddy. Thus, I volunteer.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Based on the pictures, I believe the kitty with the softest, fuzziest ears is Panda. Confirm y/n?

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Here I am just unexpectedly wandering into the B-Scotch thread after a crappy work day and some unwinding with Pretty Anime Boys Camping Simulator (FFXV), and I get clocked over the head with a 2x4 of cuteness.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

They move around like actual kittens now and not the awkward little fuzzy sausages who don't quite know how to exist yet. :kimchi:

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

You know what this means?

A going away party for Gummi. With party hats. And lots of pictures.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

So I need some advice for my diabetic fluffy boy. He was diagnosed last year in August and has been on insulin since then (2.5 unites of vetsulin a day). He's lost a LOT of weight since then, went down from about 13.5 pounds to 10, so the vet recommended we put him on a better wet food diet, with good calories-from-carbs food. He's really liked it, but the problem is, he is always howling and bugging me for more. And since the other two also want some, I can't tell if he's genuinely super hungry or he just wants more of the delicious smelling new wet food.

I don't want to overfeed him, and the dry food the other cats like is still there if he really is hungry (I feed Leo separately now in another room for his wet food, but the other two are free fed so rather than changing their habits as well I just leave it out like normal for them), and I don't want to get him into bad habits, but the constant complaining is driving me nuts. He's never done this before. Is this just going to take time for him to adjust to as he gains a bit of weight back or will I just have to live with him being complainy about food now that I've found one he really really likes? Old wet food we've tried before they'd just lick the juices off and be done with it, but all three go nuts for this stuff (Friskies classic pate).

Safari Disco Lion fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Mar 18, 2017

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Excuse me but the correct phrase is non-mewtonian. :colbert:

Safari Disco Lion fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Apr 24, 2017

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

For my cat Malachi, the oldest of my current bunch, it was always "get the midnight zoomies ON TOP OF OWNER". Yeah that lasted like a week before I started locking him out at night.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

This isn't fair. :kingsley:

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Elmnt80 posted:

My parents rescued a stray a year or two before I was born. The night I came home from the hospital, she crawled into my crib and slept next to me. Attempts by my parents to keep it from happening again were soundly thwarted by magic cat powers, so abigail kitty slept with me for the next 15ish years of her life until she was too blind to get down out of my bed. It depends on the cat, but some just click and you get to grow up with a super sweet lovable kitty who cuddles up on your pillow next to you every night. :kimchi:

What a good kitty. :3:

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

McDragon posted:

Aww, what a pair of cuties

I'm sure Butters will appreciate the baby more once petting skills are attained :3:

That or child hits the point where they can be a proper partner in crime for stealing snacks.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Siochain posted:

And just to add to this. We had our first cat for about a year before we adopted #2. Did the slow introduction, blah blah blah - older cat (Elphaba) was not having any of it.
'Until they both had a vet appointment the same day. Took them both in, they were okay at the vets, got them home....and Elphy is grooming G'linda. Weirdest thing, but apparently the shared trauma of OHSPOOKYVETS helped her get over hating the new cat.

Now she just hates her because G'linda is a warm-seat-theif.

That same thing happened to two of my cats, Buttercup and Leo. Buttercup hated Leo for several years, until a whole lot of poo poo went down and I had to pack up the cats and my valuables and leave for about two months, leaving all three cats with my Aunt. After the smoke cleared and we got them back home, they were cuddly and lovey all the time.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Thank you for helping her. If an animal is just not meant to be, what a gift it is to go with someone to see you off gently and with love and warmth.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

thetechnoloser posted:

Yup. I admit it. I'm Mr. Wroughtirony, and I fell in love with a cat at first sight. :-D

:kimchi:

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

:neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

mistaya posted:

So the shelter finally got back with me about fostering! Unless something major comes up I should be getting a 4 pack of kittens on Friday! Ahhhh!

Here's the picture the shelter sent me. :3:

That little calico is gonna be trouble. Get lots of footage of it. :yayclod: