Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
This game is good as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Sylphid posted:

alchargia, as the first poster, would you mind doing the honors of dressing up Ludger and Jude for when I record next? I have every fashion item in the game, so there is no need to hold back.

Well, it's the first go, so let's go understated. Give Ludger a vivid green mustache/pipe combo and Emo Glasses, wearing his pajamas because Ludger misunderstood "business casual," and our other friend aviators and the largest Li'l Milla you can possibly make, wearing the color variation on his Xillia 2 outfit because he looks better in green.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
And you were saying my fashion choices were silly. :colbert:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Agean90 posted:

Anime Doogie Howser is pretty brotier is this game imo

Jude is the best Tales heroine, IMO.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Well of course.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Actually game, Julius already let us hear the end of it.

Because he's dead.

We murdered him.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
It's a riff from Eternal Mind, a song from Tales of Eternia, which is the game Reid Hershel, who was voiced by Sam Riegel in his cameo appearance in Tales of the Abyss, is the protagonist of.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Sharing is caring.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I don't know who you're talking about, because that person is wearing a censor bar over their face and an afro-shaped blur filter over their mouth, I have no idea who that jacketless person with the awful bedhead is.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
That's the postgame superboss, Junpei. There's a difference between a boss being hard by being hard and a boss being hard because you are unprepared. Have you played this game, by the way?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Who's your favorite character? Mine's the one with the big sword and the nice suit.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Sylphid posted:

It's too bad on higher difficulties Ludger is pretty much mandatory in boss fights, because drat is nice suit guy fun to play as.

I just had Ludger in the party and switched to him when, uh, relevant, because I don't actually like playing as him that much.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Not quite how I envisioned it, but also, better than I envisioned it.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

BlackPersona posted:

I've followed a playthrough of Xillia 2, and I didn't know how absurd the costumes and add-ons could get. It's pretty loving :magical:

It's La loving Best.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
*cracks knuckles*

Deliver unto Ludger a Milla's Bangs Replica and Noise-Cancelling Headphones to give him the shut-in unwashed NEET look, but his Business Outfit because he has a degree of professionalism despite that.

Alvin deserves Aviators- bright pink to represent his status as the party Zelos- and a sweet Ten Gallon Hat (regular hairstyle.) Also, get him a loving shave, christ Alvin.

Elize skinned her knee, but they didn't have any bandages at the infirmary so they just gave her a Mint uniform and a Tengu Mask to cover her knee with. Also she's wearing Black Bunny Ears and her Hat hairstyle.

Jude was going to put on his jacket, but then he put on Spaz Glasses and a Pipe and hehehehahaha, Leia, Leia, you gotta try this!

Leia, ever the erstwhile reporter, was too busy being in disguise as a wandering Shamisen player in her Xillia 1 outfit to comment. Important reporter work. Mr. Frog was there too!

Finally, Rowen, in his Xillia 1 outfit, has had his head consumed by and replaced with noble dragon friend Ba'ul, whose tail points out of where Rowen's head once was towards the sky, ever yearning to return to his home.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Thanks Ludger.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I fought Julius my first playthrough. It's me. I am a lovely brother for a laundry list of reasons.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Sylphid posted:

Was one reason because you embarrassed the clan with your ridiculous costumes? I can imagine why he wouldn't be thrilled with you going outside dressed like an anime clown (I wish I could say I came up with that, but I believe the Xillia 2 thread in Games had someone use that and I thought it was an amusing way to describe the average player's fashion choices).

No, Ludger was dressed wholly sensibly. I didn't start going crazy until I got Ba'ul back. :colbert:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Gaius Gaius Gaius Gaius Gaius Gaius Gaius Gaius Gaius *yells* Gaius.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Actually LOL if you don't think that the former is one of the best bosses in the game.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Junpei posted:

I like that fight. It's the fact that they blatantly copy-pasted it that annoys me.

Gonna blow your mind: That fight isn't in the first game.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

McTimmy posted:

It's the final fight of group arena.

...poo poo, you're right. Sonna... bakana!!!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Sindai posted:

Did Milla's VA change between games? She sounds very different.

It's a matter of tone, but also Alt Milla doesn't have her accidentally-characteristic lisp.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

HiKaizer posted:

Which I never noticed in the original, and still can't.

I am convinced that this is just because of differing understandings of the word "lisp."

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Is that what Chivalry does? poo poo, that's actually a lot more impressive than I expected it to be. If I didn't already spend every second of fighting as Gaius with Ludger as my partner to raise his affection I would be now.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Sylphid posted:

alchargia, we're gonna need a full line-up from you for the next update. I'm talking all nine characters. Think you can hack it?

Ludger is so enamoured by his new best best best friend Gaius that he's wearing Gaius's Hairband and has Gaius's Crest and is in that one outfit whose name is a spoiler because it looks the most like Gaius.

Jude is trying to pretend he doesn't know the rabid, raving Gaius fanboy it turns out he's friends with, so he's put a censor bar over his head and is wearing earmuffs. If you must speak to Jude, you must speak to Li'l Jude, who is riding shotgun. Also he's in his scrubs for some reason.

Milla is taking this whole everyone-you-know-and-love-is-dead thing pretty well, because it turns out she is actually secretly the Monkey King, Sun Wukong. She put on her headband, Sly Glasses, and Spirit Outfit for the occasion.

Elize has been watching a bunch of Clint Eastwood movies and has been practicing Teepo's guttural growl. Ten Gallon Hat. Rideaux's Shades. A Topknot. Yeah, it goes through her hat.

Rowen recovered from being eaten. He claims one of his eyes got cut in the process, so he's wearing an eyepatch, but his new tragic backstory of being eaten by a dragon means that he can become Rowen-Man, the new superhero on the block! Throw off your jacket, Rowen-Man, and tune those artes! His eyebrows are so striking!

Alvin has achieved Douchebag Level 2, so it's not time for my ultimate weapon yet. That said; Aviators. No jacket. Pipe. Spaz Glasses. That's right. He's wearing aviators and spaz glasses. His future's so bright.

Leia is late for school. She's running with her backpack and her half-frame glasses. She did her hair up in pigtails for added moe value. Her cheeks are rosy. Oh... Leia-chan! So kawaii!! If only there was a toast attachment...

Gaius doesn't have time for this dress-up bullshit, he's a king. You'll never scratch me. Light squall! (Leia stuck her hat on him before he got away, though.)

Muzet is wearing a Chirpee head, a ribbon on back of her Chirpee head, and a glowing antenna. It's not Halloween, Muzet. Get out of the bird head.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
god gently caress that guy

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
i know i'm an update late but i waited until after beating the game to fight exoplasm and i don't feel bad about it because that fight is unimaginably bullshit

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I can't believe Alt Milla is loving dead. In honor of Alt Milla we should give OG Milla a Milla's Bangs Replica. Also Rideauxs's Shades because sunglasses work on Klingon rules. And Spaz Glasses in order to break the ice with Elle. Also the Dhaos outfit because it is loving canon.

Elize has developed a Stand from the Bunnykins subplot. The Stand is Bunniekins' Red. It's floating behind her head. It's given her some sinus problems though, so she's got a bit of a drippy nose. Color variation. Aviators (bright pink because she is a pinkist.)

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
that fuckin fight

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Now that Ludger has entirely ruined a child's life and murdered her father, I think it's time for the ultimate. Ludger should be in Victor's outfit, with the Pet Dragon placed inside his pelvis, tail sticking out the front. Sly Glasses and Pipe complete the set.

Muzet has developed a fascination with monster heads and is now wearing the Mandragora Head. She's also wearing Gaius's Crest, her Xillia 1 outfit, and a Shiba's Tail.

Rowen is in his regular outfit, but he has Glowing Antennae, Sideburns, and also Shadow is riding on his back because wiggly jiggly flan man.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
It's a shame you don't have Muzet's school outfit DLC, Sylphid, because it has the best attachment- an aura of 2d roses you can put around any character

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Gaius must be decked out in his Final Boss Outfit, but also he must have the time-honored tradition of the Pelvic Ba'ul, Aviators, and Sunglasses, for maximum kingly swag.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Muzet's Chirpee Head has turned red and expanded to a massive size, engulfing her upper body as well as her head. This is completely normal, of course. It is also, for some reason, attempting to wear aviator sunglasses, but it's not working so Muzet is just holding them in her hand instead. Muzet has switched to her Xillia 1 outfit for the occasion.

Leia is in her color-varied Xillia 1 outfit, equipped with the powerful Therapy Cat. Also, she stole Julius's glasses off of his corpse, and has equipped herself with a Milla's Bangs Replica in a last-ditch attempt to try to win back Jude's heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
To answer a question you had a while ago: The Snow Cougar EX is defeatable without Ludger. It only uses Snowfall when it's in Overlimit, and when it uses Snowfall, three Snow Wolves spawn and if you kill all three before you die the attack stops. Gaius in particular is very good at it given Retribution. So, either negate it with your own Mystic Artes or kick their rear end.

Edit: My source is myself because I literally just did it. Power Comboed that motherfucker for 1.4 million damage. Eat poo poo Snow Cougar EX.

Edit 2: I am replaying this game right now and for some reason I thought it would be a fantastic idea to fight all the EX Elite Monsters (on Hard ftr) with the Demon Seal equipped on Gaius. I've still got the Ghastly Stump and Siennabronc left to fight. :shepicide:

Kinu Nishimura fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Jan 25, 2017

• Locked thread