Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orv
May 4, 2011
It's off to the side where you fight the first fire demon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Genocyber posted:

Does anyone know what the ring that you find in (late game area spoiler) the darkmoon tomb does? It's not on the wiki, unfortunately.

It boosts Dark AR and reduces Dark DEF.

No sorry, wrong ring. It changes your animation set for certain actions. Notably movement from what I've seen, not sure what all emotes it works on.

Orv fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Mar 27, 2016

Orv
May 4, 2011
I was thinking of the Dark Clutch Ring, see my edit.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Nickoten posted:

Can anyone give me any tips for the pope? This poo poo is scarier than Flamelurker.

If you're not against summoning the summon for that fight will allow you to get drinks off without getting punished every single time. Otherwise just keep a real sharp eye on the ghost, it's basically his pre-replay for his next move, though be aware he does track you independently of the ghost.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Nickoten posted:

There's a ghost involved? ...Clearly I did not get very far in this fight.

Edit: Okay so I finally figured out what to do (if I constantly move counter-clockwise while hugging him I can get in lots of hits with a quick weapon while he whiffs over my head)... and then I found out what you meant by the "ghost". :v:

Time ghost! But yeah he's just kind of a giant pain in general. gently caress up and die, the boss, v3.5.

Orv
May 4, 2011
There is at least one minor, tiny area where the three enemies in there don't respawn, but that's all I've seen.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Lotish posted:

So I just watched a stream that had a particular boss. It was Lothric(?) after the two dragons, and the boss in question has a lightning axe and shield and some kind of veiny creature in the background bombards the stage as the fight goes on. My question is: Do you get that sweet outfit and weapon when you kill it, because that looked awesome and I will build for that weapon in a heartbeat.

That's Ornstein's possessed armor and you get most of the set from killing him and the rest of it from killing an optional boss Nameless King.

Orv
May 4, 2011

The Moon Monster posted:

Has anyone found any instances of tails that can be cut to get an item?

Zilch.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Vermain posted:

Another spell spoiler from that dude. This is outrageously, incredibly sick: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_zzkQfJdfw

God damnit, April 12th needs to get here already.

I was just saying to a friend that the next Adjective Noun game From does needs to have a backstab spell that just lights up your skeleton from the inside and explodes, that's close enough.

Orv
May 4, 2011
High Wall, the cathedral where you talk to the lady who gave you the Way of the Blue and post-Vordt banners.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Alabaster White posted:

Magic has been brokenly overpowered in every game except 2, though... unless that's the point you're making :v:

It was brokenly overpowered in 2, until they fixed it. :v:

Orv
May 4, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Give me my weird gimmick covenant and my 1v1 honor covenant.

Mound Makers is your weird gimmick, sadly(?) no 1v1 honorabu to be found.

Orv
May 4, 2011

NeuroticLich posted:

Well, after the body horror in the Catacombs I just saw I think I'm done for the night. :stonk:

Buddy that's only the start of the hosed up genetics odyssey.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Support for raving lunatics isn't typically standard, no.

Orv
May 4, 2011
~*Magic*~

Orv
May 4, 2011
No man no, you can't disturb the work of an auteur!

Orv
May 4, 2011
poo poo I wish I was better at Photoshop, I'd put "American Patch - 24 hours" into that list of targets from Blacklist.

@12:30

Orv
May 4, 2011
Hadn't noticed.

Honestly, if it's not a bug it's been a long time coming. Be it by the divine grace of Miyazaki or some other force, it's been made fairly preeminent that melee trumps magic as the 'true way' to play the game, to whomever that truly matters with their hands on the nerf bat. Not that that's not immensely lovely, in a series touted for letting you beat it in basically any way you can imagine up, but the wind has been blowing ill on that matter for a while.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I want to say that Bloodborne was a special case because of the nature of builds and weaponry in the game, but who knows, you could be right and it'd be real drat stupid.

Orv
May 4, 2011

E-Money posted:

I'm on total blackout for this one (for the first time) instead of obsessively reading about them this time. There's one thing I want to find out about before starting blind:

In my experience with DS 1, 2, and Bloodborne, it felt like a lot of the weapons were balanced towards Strength characters rather than Dex. The dex weapons weren't as viable. Any idea if there are more viable dex/quality builds in DS3 based on weapon availability/quality?

Dex has a ton of variety in 3 and is entirely viable. It's something like 160 weapons and a not insignificant portion are dex.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Well yeah, but it's not like pulling teeth like Dex PvE traditionally has been aside from a few stand out weapons.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Magic is a weird proposition right now, probably best to stay away from it; armor is super important this time around but don't let it deter you from fashion; and don't worry about your SL for your first run, the PvP stuff is still being agreed upon.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Baish posted:

This DS3 streamer is drunk off his rear end right now and i couldn't be more entertained.

I've never seen a Twitch chat more concerned. He cooked a Calzone and the chat is afraid he didn't turn his oven off. :munch:

I'm pretty sure this guy is 80% addictive substances by volume, and it's great.

Orv
May 4, 2011

goferchan posted:

Wait what are gems? Is there a Bloodborne style thing in this game?

They're the colored ore and etc stones for infusions this time around.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Especially since you can buy rusted coins for a pittance.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Best of luck with the brain parasites.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Oh boy after being reminded about how amazing side stepping is I'm gonna run a high FP high stamina knife guy

Does dagger stepping not give you iframes if you don't have FP or what's the drawback?

Orv
May 4, 2011
What is it with Japanese players and the Xanthous Crown and FUGS. I feel like it's a good 75% of them. Maybe FUGS is just so ubiquitous that it's skewing my perception of that, but that's still a shitton of Xanthous.

Orv
May 4, 2011
It looked like the beam sorcery did about 350-450 damage tops, since everyone that ate it was already pretty low from that general melee. That's still not exactly insignificant.

Orv
May 4, 2011

victrix posted:

Not sure if they updated the pc version, are there any streamers using it?

Come to think of it, is that out in japan, or is that a ww release only thing?

There was something about them not wanting people to post/stream PC review content from the 1st to the 11th but I don't know if that was wholesale internet bullshit or not. Everyone still streaming picked up the various JPN versions anyway.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Curdy Lemonstan posted:

Is that the silver knight room with gwynevere boobs painting? Or is it gwyneveres room after aldritch?

The former.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Nickoten posted:

I double checked Ornstein's Soul from Dark Souls 1 and it does in fact refer to the area he's in as a cathedral, so I'll amend that part of my analysis. It's pretty confusing though, because there's nothing in DS1 to imply that Ornstein is an illusion. Even with this I'm still leaning towards the corpse in DS3 being a different person.

My understanding was that given the time passed between the various games his armor has just been wandering in a weird attempt at continuing the service he abandoned.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Kaldaris posted:

Summoning question for you fine early folks!

In Bloodborne the password system allowed you to bypass level restriction and play with your friends regardless of level. Is there a range for the password system or does that still work?

And more importantly.

Regarding Sunlight Spear

Can you drop boss souls for people? :unsmigghh:

Still works, and yes.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I'm going to guess they're doing it normally so they can't summon Sword Master since Vordt is dead.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Giant Seed aside, I think abyss infested enemies can hit all players, but I'd need to test it some more.

Orv
May 4, 2011
The transition to falling animation is the best thing.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Space Harrier posted:

Yeah, thanks anyway. I don't think I would have quit for good, but I was starting to run out of ideas on that boss. Is it even possible to summon for the dancer without sequence breaking and killing Emma before you fight Vordt?

I could swear there's another NPC in High Wall that's intended for Vordt and there's no reason you couldn't use them, but I'm not 100% on that.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Space Harrier posted:

Yeah, but don't all the summon signs disappear once you've killed Vordt? I can't tell if it would be possible to summon an online player since I'm on the offline Xbox version.

Mmm, yeah might. I know one of the two vanishes if you do the Dancer skip, so probably.

Orv
May 4, 2011

MrLonghair posted:

Fresh character with no hollowing or sins or nothing, bluebros covenant badge pulsating, signalling it works, SL20 no upgrades in the Undead Settlement, 15 minutes without getting summoned. Switch matchmaking, another 15 minutes pass with nothing happening. Then how do all these blue motherfuckers get summoned into action whenever I invade?!

I think you might be cursed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Frank Eufemia posted:

So what is easy mode this time around like the dual maces were for DS2?

The easiest of easy mode you don't get for a good while, but it's still pretty much just giant hammers. Strength weapons in general really.

• Locked thread